Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What topics do you always skip? I wish there was a way to make them disappear from my feed. Muriel?

I never and will never look at threads on Real Housewives, trans, the Golden Girls (liked the show but enough is enough), Israel and the middle East (see GG), instahos, social influencers, scat. How about you?

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2021 2:58 AM

Harry and Megan

Armie Hammer

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 10:43 PM

anything with "TikTok", Instagram, or Only Fans in the title.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 10:44 PM

There seem to be a lot of Stevie Nicks threads around here. I can't name a single song by that whore so I just skip them.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 10:48 PM

Trump, TikTok, Trump, BRF, Trump, Kanye Kardashian, Trump, 21st century "music" makers, Trump, the guy who starts all the stupid threads, and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 10:48 PM

Golden Girls, Armie Hammer, Britney Spears (or any such pop crapola), TikTok, Instagram, OnlyFans, influencers, obvious trolls who start inane threads informing us they just passed gas or something, most pop culture crap. I do enjoy the bitchiness on Meghan, Harry and BRF but with limits.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 10:49 PM

I wish you could ban key words here like Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 10:52 PM

Humblebrag threads by rancid old queens fretting because they "only" have $15M in the bank for retirement and their 8BR 10BA mini-mansion in Plano needs a new tennis court.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 10:53 PM

THIS IS IT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 10:56 PM

Oh, there are so many.

All the endless threads about various heart throbs or messy heart throbs or closeted heart throbs...the Armie Hammers and Matt Bomers and Luke Evans and that ilk.

Threads involving immigration because all of the DLers with racist tendencies pop out.

I still sorta enjoy Megan & Harry threads even though it's always just the same rehash. And, both sides of the coin are hugely annoying; the MeghanBots who scream "you're racist if you don't like Meghan!!" and the equally annoying Royalists who bore you to death with their constant quibbling about tiaras and proper protocol and their "history lectures" which are frequently suspect.

Similar to my first gripe, any thread involving slobbering over some perceived hunk OR denigrating anybody that in the eyes of the critic, doesn't live up to their very precise (and bland) ideas of "beauty" and desirability. "My Dream Hunk is GORGEOUS and your idea of a hunk is ridiculous and if you dare disagree with me, I'll scratch your eyes, Missy!"

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 10:56 PM

The race-baiting and trans-baiting threads. Which is about half of them these days.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 10:57 PM

Oh, all threads concerning Janeane Garafalo or Janet Jackson....

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 10:57 PM

Stan threads and political threads.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 10:58 PM

the rape vid threads

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 10:58 PM

The threads about which topics on DL you hate

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 10:59 PM

Any and all political threads. Sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 11:00 PM

Golden Girls, tv shows and stars pre2010, hairy men, Opera, Broadway and show tunes, mussy, Soap operas, divas, and threads complaining about Millennials and Gen z

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 11:13 PM

[quote]R9 I still sorta enjoy Megan & Harry threads even though it's always just the same rehash. And, both sides of the coin are hugely annoying; the MeghanBots who scream "you're racist if you don't like Meghan!!" and the equally annoying Royalists who bore you to death with their constant quibbling about tiaras and proper protocol and their "history lectures" which are frequently suspect.

I had the interesting experience of working as assistant to one of the editors (yes, there are more than one) of the recent HQ release "Finding Freedom". I thought you guys - especially the Crown sympathizers - might like to know that while the British Royal Family does occasionally come across rather poorly in the book, there were also definitely bits that, while verified to be true by numerous sources, were in the end kept from the finished draft. This was done mostly at the behest of one of our senior editors, who in addition to being quite old is also conservative.

For instance, it was left out that one of the main reasons Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left the U.K. is the noxious stench that fires from QEII's practically decomposing cunt. There is absolutely no way to remove it (the smell) from any room she's entered. This is one reason Miss Markle wanted to use air fresheners in St. George's Chapel at Windsor the day of her wedding. The Prince had warned Markle what it was like to live with this fetid, all-pervading stink but she had no idea it could be so bad. Ultimately, she felt it was best to raise her child away from the toxic reek, which court doctors still do not understand.

Anyway, ask me any questions if you like. My contract with the publisher's up.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 11:27 PM

Oh, and R17 's post which was mildly amusing the first 90 times he posted it but it has kinda lost its charm.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 11:47 PM

Soap operas, obvious PR plants (the latest: that one about the former "Glee" actor and someone's granddaughter), the Armie-Luke-Cavill posts, Madonna-Janet Jackson, many others. I really love DL, especially the bitchiness. I've noticed that a certain camp element to the bitchiness must come from eldergays, while younger gays have much more vitriol and hatred. There's no way to say who is who, of course, but just my intuition as an eldergay myself.

Bizarrely, the hatred for Harry and Meaghan makes me thoroughly uncomfortable. I simply do not understand the hatred. The BRF has shown that they simply don't know what to do with the "spare" (the uninspiring and undereducated George V, poor George VI with his valorous attempts to cure his stammer, the dissolute Margaret, the wicked Andrew). I think Harry decided they didn't need him so he was free to cut ties. Perhaps he is still deeply angry about the Firm's treatment of his mother -- he showed all the rebellious signs of it when young.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 11:54 PM

I skip right over meta threads like this and would never post in one.

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2021 12:03 AM

Anything about a random twink who happened to be on a soap for 5 minutes. Anything with Chalamet (literally zero interest, and he looks ill). Anything with Armie Hammer (too sad that a man that looks like that can fuck things up so thoroughly), Anything with Klan Granny in the title, Tiktok, I Love Lucy, any thread that starts by showing a man with his dick hanging out.

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2021 12:13 AM

Janet Jackson

Timothee

DOOL

1980s anything

Tennis

Israel

Cuomo anything

Dollface alerts

Rescue Dog

The View, Roseanne, anything about any show on big network TV from this century

Why is pop music shit today?

Trans anything

Drag queen anything

Queer theory

Local news (your highway pikeup/blackout/snow emergency is of no fucking interest)

Nostalgia for a better past

Hoarders discussions

Pop artists - any (dead ones even more)

Why did X's career go right down the shitter?

Yesterday at WalMart/Costco/Rite-Aid/McDonald's ( you kow-rent bitches)

I am 74 years old. How ever shall I carry on when Mother does?

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 1:05 AM

Politics, pandemic, protests

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2021 1:24 AM

Most of mine have already been mentioned:

[quote]Real Housewives

[quote]instahos, social influencers, scat

[quote]Harry and Megan

[quote]Armie Hammer

[quote]anything with "TikTok", Instagram, or Only Fans in the title.

[quote]the hatred for Harry and Meaghan makes me thoroughly uncomfortable

I’ll add a few:

Theatre gossip

Soap operas

I miss being able to ignore threads.

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2021 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!