Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shawn Hatosy

A rather good actor. What’s his story? Best known for the recent ANIMAL KINGDOM.

He was lovely in the gay classic BORSTAL BOY (2000), with a young cute Danny Dyer). I also enjoyed him opposite JRM in TANGLED (2001). He must like the U.K.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23Last Friday at 2:30 PM

Always hot

by Anonymousreply 102/22/2021

I first noticed him in the first thing he did, an episode of Homicide: Life on the Street, in which he played a rich kid who murdered his grandparents. Best show ever on network TV. He was pretty fucking wonderful, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202/22/2021

He's gotta tight little bod.

by Anonymousreply 302/22/2021

I remember him from outside providence. Cute guy

by Anonymousreply 402/22/2021

I remember him from Southland, right? Great show and great character.

by Anonymousreply 502/22/2021

First thing I saw him in was the film adaptation of Simpatico, playing the young Nick Nolte. He was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 602/22/2021

I believe the first I saw of him was as the high school senior in the Kevin Kline film In & Out.

by Anonymousreply 702/22/2021

Cute guy though a few years back he seemed to have gotten some weird plastic surgery or overdid the botox.

by Anonymousreply 802/22/2021

Yea, his looks changed a bit from Southland to Animal Kingdom. He lost weight and put on muscle, but something else changed.

by Anonymousreply 902/22/2021

Hatosy was the homophobic/homophilic Army grunt in Soldier's Girl (2003). His performance reminded me of my "best friend" in high school.

by Anonymousreply 1002/22/2021

R10 why were you best friends with a homophobe? Did he not know you were gay?

by Anonymousreply 1102/23/2021

He should have been cast as the gay guy in ANIMAL KINGDOM, instead of playing the hetero psycho.

by Anonymousreply 1202/23/2021

Straight, butterface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1302/23/2021

Can remember being shocked at how short he is, seeing him doing press for SOLDIER’S GIRL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1402/23/2021

R9 imo he lost far too much weight (not sure why), and got too tan like most American actors eventually do. Much of his original appeal was in his healthy rosy-cheeks, his pretty pale skin, and his sturdy but cute body (with a little chub on it).

He also dyes his hair an unflattering dark brown shade now, which washes him out. His natural gingerbread-gold hair was lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1502/23/2021

Weird surname he’s got. How is it pronounced, and where does it come from? It’s not an English name, I know that much.

by Anonymousreply 1602/23/2021

U.S. audiences lost their minds over the gay kiss in Borstal Boy, especially the Irish Catholics.

They should have lost their minds over the fact that the film is nothing like the book on which it’s based and from which it takes its name and characters, but whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1702/24/2021

He gave an excellent interview to The Advocate in 2002. Even as young as he was then, he was very gay-friendly and expressed interest in playing gay roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1802/24/2021

[quote]He should have been cast as the gay guy in ANIMAL KINGDOM, instead of playing the hetero psycho.

I think he's quite convincing as a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 1902/24/2021

R19, yes, I think he handles the role ably and is very convincing. No slight on his casting. Just wondering if he might have brought more and been even more watchable as the gay brother, from the perspective of a gay viewer.

by Anonymousreply 2002/25/2021

He’s lucky he got ANIMAL KINGDOM. Ip until recently he was only doing Westerns no-one’s seen.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Friday at 1:51 PM

The lower half of his face is rather weak. He might have had more of a shot at being a leading man if it weren't for that fact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22Last Friday at 2:04 PM

R22 Lower half of the face, huh? Wonder what you look like.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Friday at 2:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!