Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you know what I HATE?

Is the way current jackets and suit jackets are cut so they're tighter at the waist.

It looks awful. REALLY bad and often messy.

& it is as uncomfortable as hell, especially when you sit down.

Who wants their fucking jacket pulling at your center? Not I.

I like my jackets straight and loose around the stomach.

What's your angle on this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 10:36 PM

Look at these...the bottom two. They're a travesty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 9:58 PM

I hate when they're too long. I have quite short (but strong and muscular) legs so a long jacket accentuates the short aspect.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 10:04 PM

I'm 66 years old, and properly tailored jackets and suits have ALWAYS been cut tighter around the waist. Obviously, you unbutton the jacket when you sit, and re-button when you stand.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 10:20 PM

OP is contacting us from the 1980s via a Delorean and a flux capacitor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 10:23 PM

This is what I hate. Who dressed the buffoon, and where did they rent that mess? Never missed an opportunity to humiliate himself, and embarrass America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote] Obviously, you unbutton the jacket when you sit, and re-button when you stand.

I know you do this with your trousers, but this is the first I've heard of doing it with your jacket buttons.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 10:25 PM

Tell me about it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 10:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!