Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fauci says elementary students won't get vaccinated until early 2022, after high schoolers in fall

We're going to be wearing masks for another year!

Fauci said Pfizer will start studying the vaccine in 5- to 12-year-olds beginning in April. He said that study will take a year, but anticipates data on 12- to 15-year-olds sometime in the fall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2021 8:33 AM

MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 8:47 PM

[quote]We're going to be wearing masks for another year!

We already knew this.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 8:49 PM

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 8:49 PM

God I hope not. I want them to be vaccinated ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 8:53 PM

All of you guys so UPSET about wearing masks sound exactly like Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote]All of you guys so UPSET about wearing masks sound exactly like Deplorables

FFS, nobody here said that he refuses to wear a mask, or that he questions the science behind wearing a mask, or that he thought the whole thing was a hoax cooked up with fetuses in the back of a DC pizza restaurant.

They just had hoped of not having to wear a fucking mask for the rest of their fucking lives.

There's a difference.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 9:17 PM

OP, we’re going to be wearing masks for at least a decade.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 9:20 PM

R6 how would it actually hurt your quality of life to wear a mask in public from now on? You want to stop wearing masks and you’re going to be the assholes who do so as soon as you clear the 2wks past your 2nd shot and you’re going to spread CV19 to thousands of people because you’ll be asymptomatic and think you’re invincible. And it’s the same selfish fucking instinct that the trumpanzees have.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 9:24 PM

Yes, R8, the moment I'm told by reputable medical it's safe to take my mask off it's coming off. Not before.

You can carry on carrying-on with your mask and your welder's shield and your gloves and tongs and cloud of Lysol disinfectant for 20 years after your all-clear for all I care. If that makes me selfish (and you Christ-like in your perfection), enjoy your martyrdom. Have all the superabundance of caution you want, it keeps a scold at his scoldiest.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 9:33 PM

R9 = homicidal deplorable

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 9:37 PM

Fauci’s predictions are often wrong. I’m not sure why he continues to make them

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 9:40 PM

R8 - let's see how it messes my quality of life. Well, I have acute asthma and let me tell you...N95's and double masking leave me gasping for breath and sweating buckets. Also, my job sends me abroad where there isn't always AC or I encounter humid air. Furthermore, I have ulcerative colitis which makes me take an anti-spasmotic that makes me sensitive to heat so in summer, it's hell...nevermind having to run to toilets under intense pressure gasping for air with sweat dripping into my mouth.

When it's safe for me and those around me, the damn thing is coming off. You, of course, are free to wear it forever.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote]Well, I have acute asthma and let me tell you...N95's and double masking leave me gasping for breath and sweating buckets.

You don’t need an N95 unless you’re a healthcare provider in close proximity to infectious Covid-positive patients.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 10:01 PM

The vaccine was not studied in or approved for use in under-16 patients at this time.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 10:02 PM

R14, it’s been barely studied period as no one knows its long term repercussions.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 10:09 PM

Wow, what a shame we didn't have any leadership in the White House for the first year of the pandemic. Anyone who is pissed off Biden or Fauci for this are deplorable scum. We could have kept this under control until the vaccines were ready, but here we are.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 10:24 PM

Anyone who refuses to wear a mask after getting the shot, despite the fact that they can still spread CV19, is a fucking monster.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 10:27 PM

R14

[quote] The vaccine was not studied in or approved for use in under-16 patients at this time.

No shit Sherlock.

None of the vaccines currently in use have been FDA approved. For anyone.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 10:33 PM

I'm totally fine with wearing a mask anywhere, I never get a cold any more and my sinuses are better.

as long as I can see my friends and family without the risk of death, I'm fine with a mask

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 10:34 PM

R12 and r9, it will be early 2022.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 10:43 PM

R13 - this is true but with this condition and Vitamin D3 deficiency I am not taking chances. I have considered just taking the cloth mask off cuz I know N95 is pretty hardcore. In fact, one of the two remaining pulmonologists here in the city I am working in said I should get some and err on the side of caution so that is what I am doing for now. It sucks.....cloth was bad enough. I carry my inhaler with me though. Cortisone and masks are no fun.

Also, I just think it is probably not a good idea for us to wear masks forever once it is safe. Each year, when I have left the US, I have gotten the flu when flu season started. Ditto when I went home. You need to build immunity (assuming that we are talking about regular flu viruses, obviously, not COVID). By my second flu season abroad, I was better with just mild flu symptoms. Wearing masks, in the absence of danger like such a serious pandemic, is probably not a good idea, particularly for hours at a time.

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 10:43 PM

Is Israel jabbing the kids already?

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2021 11:04 PM

Pussified snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2021 11:15 PM

[Quote] Fauci’s predictions are often wrong. I’m not sure why he continues to make them

It’s not a prediction. It’s math

He stated Pfizer will start trials in April on kids and the trials take a year. Thus, kids won’t likely get inoculated until April 2022z

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2021 11:30 PM

Covid is such a breeder disease. I kinda love they seem to be having the most difficulty with it. Fuck them for their decades silence on AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2021 11:35 PM

We gonna all die

by Anonymousreply 26February 23, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote] Covid is such a breeder disease.

You’re an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 27February 23, 2021 6:27 AM

What a shame... I cant wait to go and meet my friends in summer like the good old days...

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2021 6:58 AM

Dystopian scenario.

by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2021 7:46 AM

What a shame... I want to wear this stinking double mask and not leave my tomb until 50 years after the last documented case of Covid. Like the pharaohs, I think I shall wear the mask until the all physicians who treated or inoculated against the disease are dead, and then the generation that knew those doctors, and then for 50 years more, until the name Covid is no longer spoken.

Even then, I think I shall use an intoxicating abundance of caution (and Lysol Wipes) and wait another series of lifetimes, the better that I can scold and wag a gnarled old finger and tsk tsk and keep alive the word deplorable which uses makes me feel so very Superior.

—Smug Cunt

by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2021 8:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!