Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celebrity Recipes

Eldergays, have any of you tried Katherine Hepburn’s brownie recipe? Apparently Bill Blass had a killer meatloaf recipe, I think I came across it in the NYT. The late Cloris Leachman was a vegetarian since the late 1950s, and she’s known for her tasty vegetarian meals. I made her famous cabbage salad and it was delicious. Too much cheese in the recipe though, I had to cut it down because the dressing was already a bit oily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 10:07 PM

Video of Cloris making the salad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 8:22 PM

Does anyone have Judy Garland's Three Barbiturate Salad recipe?

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 8:23 PM

I swear by Naomi Judd’s potato salad recipe

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 8:29 PM

Diane Lane makes a good pea soup.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 8:44 PM

That cabbage salad sounds delish.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 8:56 PM

I liked Karen Carpenter's cookbook. It was called Cooking with Karen!

Recipes included:

Salad of air, Cucumbers drowned in ipecac syrup, and deconstructed apple pie without crust or filling.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 9:02 PM

You bitches are slipping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 9:13 PM

Equal time for Bette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 9:14 PM

Boris Karloff's guacamole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 9:15 PM

Paul Lynde's meatloaf.

Better hope your can opener is in good working order.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 9:15 PM

Sorry ... Paul's recipe is BEEF STEW, not meatloaf.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 9:16 PM

I like Alicia Silverstone's cookbook, "The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great", I make the lentil stew

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 9:26 PM

Frank Sinatra's spaghetti sauce (not gravy)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 9:35 PM

Cristina Ferrare of DeLorean/AM L.A./Home and Family Show fame has some good recipes. I have one of her cookbooks.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 9:35 PM

I have Liberace's cookbook and it's exactly what you'd expect.

[bold]Parfait[/bold]

1 quart Nesselrode or rum bisque ice cream

1 quart coffee or lemon ice cream

1 1/2 cups chopped macaroons or walnuts

1/2 chopped citron

2 cups chocolate sauce

1/2 cup rum

Chill parfait glasses. Spoon in the two ice creams alternately, sprinkling the macaroons or nuts and citron as you go. Lace with chocolate sauce thinned with rum. Top, if you wish, with with whipped cream or chopped nuts. Put in freezer until ready to serve.

[bold]Sunset Chef's Salad[/bold]

3 cups match-size strips cooked smoked tongue

3 cups match-size strips cooked chicken

4 cups shredded cabbage

1 cup Lorenzo or French dressing

Mix the tongue, chicken, and cabbage. Toss thoroughly with the dressing. If you use French dressing, add a half cup of minced parsley or a cup of chopped watercress.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 10:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!