Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Secretary of Transportation Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Domino's Pizza pot holes

Has anybody else noticed the irony that he's the Secretary of Transportation, but that his own city was so beat-up and badly cared for that Domino's Pizza had to give a $5,000 to help fill the potholes because people kept sending in photos of their fucked-up pizzas from how bad the streets are there? AND they made a commercial out of it?

I mean, it IS kinda funny when you think about it. More so now since Pete has become especially haughty since becoming SoT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 7:59 PM

Pete is an idea man, which is what our government needs. The Plebians should be responsible for carrying out his vision.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 5:21 PM

Kind of like your fucked up manhole, right OP?

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 5:22 PM

He’s a talentless hack

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 6:03 PM

Maybe it was because the city didn't have the money to keep up the streets. The last time I drove around Beverly Hills, Ca. I was shocked at how bad the streets were even in very ritzy areas. I mentioned it to a local shop owner and he said "the city just doesn't have the money to keep the streets up properly".

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 6:06 PM

I do suspect that a decent sized portion of the population thinks that "Mayor" is PB's given name.

Which, given that many of them worship a man whose son is named "Barron" is probably not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 6:11 PM

Being book smart doesn’t automatically give you executive management skills.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 6:14 PM

No, I have not as I tend to ignore the Democrats' faults and flaws these days after 4 years of the shithole, traumatic, fucked up Refugs' reign of terror.

Eat Trump's shit and die, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 6:16 PM

South Bend is NOT a rich city. There isn’t a lot of tax funds to pull from. One thing that good leaders do is find creative solutions. If, under his watch (which this was) the city was able to apply for a grant and have Dominoes pay for the potholes, then that should be celebrated.

With that in mind, do I think he was qualified for the Department of Transportation? No, but they had to put him somewhere and it is better this than say the VA.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 6:17 PM

She can apologize by becoming a heterosexual woman.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 6:22 PM

F&F.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 6:25 PM

The story is two years old.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 7:18 PM

Oh, no -- a few potholes. However on earth do they survive?

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 7:19 PM

The point is that if he couldn’t handle fixing a few potholes in a small city, how can he handle running a large federal department.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 7:24 PM

The point is, R13, that you and your rightwing friends are ruining this board with all this Democrats Are All Terrible People crap you keep posting.

Go away, freeper. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 7:29 PM

R13 is on other threads posting pro GOP crap, surprise surprise

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 7:30 PM

How do we know these potholed roads were South Bend's municipal responsibility? Here in Philly many, many city streets are the responsibility of PennDot, not the Philadelphia Streets Department.

Back when fascist Frank "The Big Bambino" was mayor of Philly, he got tired of taking flak for potholes on state maintained roads, so he spent several hundred thousand taxpayer dollars (the city was teetering on the verge of bankruptcy at the time) to make and put up signs that said: "This is a state road. For repairs, call PennDot at 215-MU6-1212. " How's that for Republican "leadership." (Frank Rizzo was a Democrat in name only. He'd be a rabid Trump supporter if he was still alive).

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 7:35 PM

R13 He DID handle them, and did it by getting someone else to pay for it. Why is that bad?

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 7:47 PM

Trump lost, OP.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 7:49 PM

I guess you could call this the Peter Principle in action.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 7:54 PM

r17, I didn’t say previously that it was good or bad to have Domino’s donate, and in fact I do believe that it is good to use private donations like this instead of taxpayer money.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 7:56 PM

[quote]More so now since Pete has become especially haughty since becoming SoT.

Link please. Don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!