Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lets Be Onboarding/New Employee Orientation

I’m the employee who has worked at this company for 25 years, and I’m brought in to tell the new employees how wonderful it is to work here. Secretly, I hate this place so much and I’m on 3 different medications just to get through the day.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 7:12 PM

I'm the onboarding packet that each new hire receives and commits to reading later this week. I languish, unread, until new hires quit and clean their offices out.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 5:11 PM

We're the 473 new pronouns you will learn, use, and validate or be fired and publicly shamed just like the Good Old Days of Chairman Mao.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 5:12 PM

I am the conference room that keeps the new hires quarantined from the general workers, who have been laid off with a month's notice. The new hires were hired at 1/2 the rate of the outgoing employees, and with "a la carte, bespoke wellness assistance" instead of medical insurance.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 5:15 PM

I’m the web-based training modules telling you not to jump your co-workers, embezzle money or Google “fisting pig bottoms” on your work laptop during your lunch break.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 5:19 PM

I'm the word "onboarding." Please kick the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 5:22 PM

I’m the pursed lips and elevator eyes that the head of HR, the company’s alpha Karen, gives the new hires as she collects their I-9 forms. “Don’t fuck with me, fellas,” her demeanor tells them, “this ain’t my first time at an employee onboarding.”

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 5:22 PM

I’m cinch bags with the company logo, created especially for you new employees! Aren’t you lucky to have me? Mmmm, feel that smooth drawstring action.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 5:31 PM

I’m the tired “let’s go around the room and tell us your name and tell us a little bit about yourself.” I’m pointless because everyone is already so overwhelmed that there’s no way in hell I’m going to remember what anyone says.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 6:03 PM

I’m one of the many stupid team building activities you will take part in this week. For this one, you will each choose one of the pictures on the table and then stand up and tell everyone what made you choose that picture, as if there is some deep meaning behind it.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 6:06 PM

"I'm the 25 yr retiree that has same "onboard date" as well as "retirement party" date as me!

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 6:11 PM

I’m the free lunch from the cafeteria on the first day of onboarding. The rest of the week you’re on your own though.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote]I'm the word "onboarding." Please kick the shit out of me.

^^^^This.

Where does HR come up with these stupid ass terms?

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 6:48 PM

I’m the paperwork from payroll that ensures you don’t have any problems getting paid. I’ll be the first thing completed—without a single error—but I promise I will get lost repeatedly so you can experience pay issues for at least a few pay periods.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 6:49 PM

I'm "Tell me your preferred pronouns" said through the gritted teeth of the HR rep who only took down her TRUMP/PENCE lawn sign a couple of weeks ago.

You might want to think about how you answer that question, Toots.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 6:56 PM

I’m the cheery, longtime employee who encourages you to let me know anytime you have questions or need help. I promise to bite off your fucking head the first time you even think of taking me up on my offer.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 7:06 PM

I'm the one-way video interview that gives you a 60-second limit to answer 15 questions with two "takes" in case you screw up the first time. You will lose your train of thought on the second take of at least half of these, but force yourself to push through the word vomit with something like "Argh! I feel like I'm just throwing things out there! But, what I'm trying to say is, in the end, because of that confidence, that is what causes me to think outside the box and take high risks, in the sense that I love perfectionism, but not too much so that it gets in the way? I hope that makes —"

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 7:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!