Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

tRUMP Tax Returns

The Associated Press reports:

In a significant defeat for former President Donald Trump, the Supreme Court is declining to step in to halt the turnover of his tax records to a New York state prosecutor. The court’s action Monday is the apparent culmination of a lengthy legal battle that had already reached the high court once before. Trump’s tax records are not supposed to become public as part of prosecutors’ investigation, but the high court’s action is a blow to Trump because he has for so long fought on so many fronts to keep his tax records shielded from view.

by Anonymousreply 92February 24, 2021 1:53 PM

Let the games begin!

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 1:58 PM

Lá Sènatrice is having the vapors over this. She unable attend the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings on Merrick Garland's confirmation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 1:59 PM

Nice. I don't personally care if I ever see the tax returns, but I'm glad the DA is finally going to get to.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 2:00 PM

I can hear his sphincter puckering from here. Nothing is more important to him than his money.....or lack of it.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 2:00 PM

We already know Trump doesn't pay any income tax and games the system constantly to work in his favor, and yet 74 million people still voted for him (and idolized him for his tax avoidance skills). How much worse could it get?

Oh wait, it did get worse. He attempted to murder his vice-president and nothing happened, so I wouldn't hold my breath expecting anything to come of this.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 2:03 PM

LMAO!!!!

Federal prosecutors now have access to records he fought like hell to protect...

Perhaps Trump’s energy would be best spent preparing for his pending criminal trials instead of stealing money from his cultists by promising to run for President again ( ohhhh...that con game is also likely to result in legal scrutiny as well).

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 2:04 PM

r6 has reading comprehension issues. "New York state prosecutor" is not a Federal prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 2:16 PM

LOL R4!

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 2:16 PM

After all the disaster and misery that bloated piece of fuck has put this country through, we deserve to see those tax documents.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 2:28 PM

Yep, after what he’s done to this country, I want to see the returns and each and every schedule AND the audit worksheet papers!

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote]He attempted to murder his vice-president and nothing happened, so I wouldn't hold my breath expecting anything to come of this.

This isn't about public opinion. We already know that nothing he does will change the minds of his cult members. This is about a real legal case against him that could ruin him financially.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 2:55 PM

Let us see r11. There's bound to be some shift.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 3:18 PM

Nice! It's beginning...the legal problems. Keep it coming.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 4:01 PM

Will he use his "Cousin Vinny" lawyers the ones who defended him in his impeachment trial to defend him in the upcoming civil suits?

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 4:03 PM

They never caught Al Capone for any crime other than tax evasion.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 4:10 PM

They will turn over several years of tax records but also other financial records.

Let's hope Cyrus Vance doesn't let us down again.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 4:11 PM

Leakers, take your places.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 4:13 PM

My most fervent hope is that he is totally humiliated because it is revealed....He’s NOT a Billionaire. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 4:14 PM

I do wonder why he is hiding them. We know he evaded taxes—that’s not a big deal to his supporters, as someone upthread mentioned. In fact, they admire him for it. Michael Cohen said he’s not indebted to Russians, but I don’t know if I believe it. Sometimes I wonder if he fought this long just out of spite.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 4:14 PM

Like an elder gay’s bowels, this shit always leaks. 🤞🏼

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 4:19 PM

"Will he use his "Cousin Vinny" lawyers the ones who defended him in his impeachment trial to defend him in the upcoming civil suits?"

If Hitler hadn't killed himself and gone on trial for war crimes, Bruce Castor would have vigorously defended him because Bruce Castor is a dirtball scumbag himself.

When he was DA here in Montgomery County PA, he refused to prosecute Bill Cosby. He also refused to prosecute Andy Reid's sons, both of whom were involved in serious motor vehicle accidents while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If it had been a black or Latino kid behind the wheel of those vehicles instead of Andy Reid's kids, that kid would be languishing in the deepest, darkest dungeon of Graterford Prison for life without the possibility of parole. That's the kind of asshole Bruce Castor was and is.

Now fast forward 15 years and Reid's surviving kid is pulling the same shit, this time resulting in a serious, life threatening injury to a little girl.

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 4:21 PM

R21, Bruce Castor is indeed the slimiest of slimy lawyers, but the reason he had to step aside as prosecutor for Andy Reid’s kids was because he was buddy buds with their lawyers and that created a conflict of interest. Reid’s kids lawyers wished that Castor handled the case because The state was actually stricter in their sentencing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2021 4:27 PM

"The decision, the second time the nation’s highest court has weighed in on the matter, was announced in an order with no noted dissents."

What about HIS justices, especially Amy Covid Barrett?

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2021 4:28 PM

r18, I see no reason to doubt that his net worth is somewhere in the nine- to ten-figure range.

NEGATIVE nine or ten figures.

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote] Will he use his "Cousin Vinny" lawyers the ones who defended him in his impeachment trial to defend him in the upcoming civil suits?

And you guys, r21 and r22:

I take great offense to this.

When I was a young lawyer I had occasion to go into a store. The cavemen had invented fire by then. So I screamed “First Amendment!!” and the clerk had a tidy ransom to spend on her own inheritance. It was magical in its osprey. I would love to send it back to the ... we know why you guys are here—to judge. Well judge lest, no, don’t judge...something like that. “First Amendment!!” the man caterwauled. So I went to see the caveman about the fire that the Justices had set precedent for many, many times over.

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2021 4:55 PM

I have a blissful smile on my face knowing that the DA will get the tax returns and Trump can’t even tweet about it.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2021 5:08 PM

So... can Dump appeal this as well? What are next steps?

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2021 5:26 PM

^ugh let me elaborate. I know Dump can’t appeal a SC ruling, but did they send this back to the lower courts or something, which will allow Dump to continue fighting?

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2021 5:28 PM

No he can’t appeal. The reason it went to the Supreme Court is because a lower courts determined the Manhattan DA could get access to his tax records.

by Anonymousreply 29February 22, 2021 6:02 PM

R23. These are MITCH's justices at work.

by Anonymousreply 30February 22, 2021 6:06 PM

I’m sick of hearing about Dump. He is such a trouble maker for our country, why he’s still alive ?

by Anonymousreply 31February 22, 2021 6:13 PM

Don Jr. is circling the drain. He looks like an end stage hospice patient.

by Anonymousreply 32February 22, 2021 6:16 PM

Meanwhile where is Letitia James? I thought she had something for Dump too.

by Anonymousreply 33February 22, 2021 6:18 PM

R32 do not resuscitate

by Anonymousreply 34February 22, 2021 6:18 PM

☝️R34- 😆😆😆

by Anonymousreply 35February 22, 2021 6:42 PM

Cry me a river Don-Don Just in via press release:

Statement on the Continuing Political Persecution of President Donald J. Trump

This investigation is a continuation of the greatest political Witch Hunt in the history of our Country, whether it was the never ending $32 million Mueller hoax, which already investigated everything that could possibly be investigated, “Russia Russia Russia,” where there was a finding of “No Collusion,” or two ridiculous “Crazy Nancy” inspired impeachment attempts where I was found NOT GUILTY. It just never ends!

So now, for more than two years, New York City has been looking at almost every transaction I’ve ever done, including seeking tax returns which were done by among the biggest and most prestigious law and accounting firms in the U.S.

The Tea Party was treated far better by the IRS than Donald Trump. The Supreme Court never should have let this “fishing expedition” happen, but they did.

This is something which has never happened to a President before, it is all Democrat-inspired in a totally Democrat location, New York City and State, completely controlled and dominated by a heavily reported enemy of mine, Governor Andrew Cuomo.

These are attacks by Democrats willing to do anything to stop the almost 75 million people (the most votes, by far, ever gotten by a sitting president) who voted for me in the election—an election which many people, and experts, feel that I won. I agree!

The new phenomenon of “headhunting” prosecutors and AGs—who try to take down their political opponents using the law as a weapon—is a threat to the very foundation of our liberty.

That’s what is done in third world countries. Even worse are those who run for prosecutorial or attorney general offices in far-left states and jurisdictions pledging to take out a political opponent.

by Anonymousreply 36February 22, 2021 6:42 PM

Great, so we can read about he has cheat on his taxes his entire life. Loser.

by Anonymousreply 37February 22, 2021 6:48 PM

[quote] The new phenomenon of “headhunting” prosecutors and AGs—who try to take down their political opponents using the law as a weapon—is a threat to the very foundation of our liberty. That’s what is done in third world countries. Even worse are those who run for prosecutorial or attorney general offices in far-left states and jurisdictions pledging to take out a political opponent.

He wants liberty now and complains about 'third world' practices: he should have thought more about these topics while he was president busy destroying our liberties and turning us into a banana republic.

by Anonymousreply 38February 22, 2021 6:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 22, 2021 7:04 PM

It is unconstitutional for the Supreme Court to allow the tax documents of the Emperor in Exile to be shown to this illegitimate Democrat grand jury!

by Anonymousreply 40February 22, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote] The Supreme Court never should have let this “fishing expedition” happen, but they did.

But, but, but, I thought that was why you put all those justices on, so they wouldn’t follow the law.

by Anonymousreply 41February 22, 2021 7:17 PM

I realllly hope they get *secretly* leaked 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

by Anonymousreply 42February 22, 2021 7:19 PM

Trump has no Twitter and he is under the active PBI flightpath. He must be going nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 22, 2021 7:24 PM

Hmmm... Just who will represent him now? Arnold the pig from Green Acres? 🐷

Goodbye free life!!

by Anonymousreply 44February 22, 2021 7:32 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 22, 2021 7:38 PM

So, what's the next step? Who is holding the returns and hands them over? ...

Trump's longtime accounting firm, Mazars USA, said it was aware of the Supreme Court order and "remains committed to fulfilling all of our professional and legal obligations." The firm added that it could not publicly discuss the services it provides clients without their consent or as required by law

...Hopefully, there is no way they can hide any of the important/criminal docs.

by Anonymousreply 46February 22, 2021 7:43 PM

Does anyone think he will try to flee the county now? If so, where could he go? I do not think Putin would want him there, is useless to him now, I would assume. Just curious if any other country would want him.

by Anonymousreply 47February 22, 2021 7:51 PM

The Saudi's would take him. I think he has a hotel there?

by Anonymousreply 48February 22, 2021 7:52 PM

"In the meantime, murders and violent crime are up in New York City by record numbers, and nothing is done about it. Our elected officials don’t care. All they focus on is the persecution of President Donald J. Trump."

My God, he's a whiner.

by Anonymousreply 49February 22, 2021 7:53 PM

His wife is Slovenian...I wonder if he’ll try to get an EU passport within the coming months. He’s so cheap and stuck in his ways he’ll only want to go places where he owns properties, and the only foreign property that is outright his is the one in Scotland...and they won’t have him.

by Anonymousreply 50February 22, 2021 7:53 PM

My guess is that the DOJ is going to let city, county and state prosecutors have first bite at TRump. While he’s tied up with them (and trying to fight off the Congressional investigation(s)), DOJ will be methodically building a potential slammer of a federal case. It’ll be up to Garland whether they pursue.

by Anonymousreply 51February 22, 2021 7:55 PM

R50 if he gets a UK passport on the strength of his mother's original nationality, Scotland cannot keep him out, unless Scotland becomes independent!

Anyway, where did the old Spanish king go? Trump could go there.

by Anonymousreply 52February 22, 2021 7:59 PM

Nothing will come of this!

by Anonymousreply 53February 22, 2021 8:05 PM

[quote]The Saudi's would take him. I think he has a hotel there?

Who knows what Dump personally owns outright at this point. Certainly it's less than he'd like people to think.

by Anonymousreply 54February 22, 2021 8:07 PM

Two questions....How long will it take for the State to paw over his returns and corresponding work papers? Do they then have to physically verify each line item? Are we talking years and years or just a short period of time before the hammer falls?

Next, is there any liability involved with the CPA firm that prepared the returns? Could they only be liable for arithmetic errors or can they be held responsible for the IRS submission of fraudulent returns?

by Anonymousreply 55February 22, 2021 8:07 PM

Don Juan Carlos is in the UAE which has no extradition treaty with the USA. Dump could go there; he's previously been golfing there. Saudi Arabia also has no treaty, but no thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 22, 2021 8:09 PM

Those judges owe me loyalty. I got them appointed.

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2021 8:12 PM

I pray that fat fuck does time.

by Anonymousreply 58February 22, 2021 8:14 PM

Put a straitjacket on that fuck. He must be so angry, he's bounding off the walls. How will he vent?? no twitter....:D

by Anonymousreply 59February 22, 2021 8:17 PM

Akoya UAE seems to be the place. They even have the Trump World Golf Club Dubai there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 22, 2021 8:21 PM

I’m loving every second of his pain.

by Anonymousreply 61February 22, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote] Does anyone think he will try to flee the county now? If so, where could he go?

Pasco County?

*shrug*

by Anonymousreply 62February 22, 2021 8:47 PM

Sasquatch Sydney & tRudy Giuliani may be defending DJT again.

by Anonymousreply 63February 22, 2021 9:10 PM

You see scummy murderers get away with murder, but then go down for tax evasion. Let’s hope the pattern continues.

by Anonymousreply 64February 22, 2021 9:11 PM

"Nothing will come of this!"

I agree. No reputable accounting firm is going to prepare deliberately fraudulent returns.

The problem here is not illegal accounting, but extra-legal accounting. There is a fine line between the two, and reputable accountants don't skirt that line. They will push the envelope as far as they can. Many of these firms hire ex IRS agents so they know what they can and cannot get by with the IRS.

by Anonymousreply 65February 22, 2021 9:12 PM

Putin will not want him. Putin has gotten all he needs from DJT. DJT is a liability now, and we know what Putin does to get someone out of his way.

by Anonymousreply 66February 22, 2021 9:14 PM

I’m with you r65. The returns themselves won’t show “illegal” activity. So why is Dump trying to stop them from being handed over? He’s proud he doesn’t pay his fair share!

by Anonymousreply 67February 22, 2021 9:19 PM

A Putin cocktail to soothe his nerves..

by Anonymousreply 68February 22, 2021 9:20 PM

[quote]Does anyone think he will try to flee the county now? If so, where could he go?

Florida - Whatever county Pam Bondi thinks best.

Texas- Smith County (Tyler) where Louie Gohmert resides.

SC- Pickens County, Miz Lindz may recommend.

by Anonymousreply 69February 22, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote]Does anyone think he will try to flee the county now? If so, where could he go?

Cancun?

by Anonymousreply 70February 22, 2021 9:31 PM

The tax returns to be submitted are for 8 years. Michael Cohen said their is shit therein.

Allen Weisselberg Trump's financial officer at Trump Tower prepared most of Trump's financial submissions. He did what Trump told him to do.

by Anonymousreply 71February 22, 2021 9:35 PM

^there, not their

(pre-empt the Oh, Dear troll)

by Anonymousreply 72February 22, 2021 9:36 PM

Don Jr alleges "People's Republic of New York" vendetta against the President.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 23, 2021 1:16 AM

Rachel Maddow is covering the story. It’s juicy. Fuck Trump.

by Anonymousreply 74February 23, 2021 1:24 AM

The people who are paid to be his daily suck-ups must be going through hell tonight.

by Anonymousreply 75February 23, 2021 1:54 AM

What Belle Ladybug paid the pool boys & waiters, DJT took a 30% cut. Has he declared this on his tax returns?

by Anonymousreply 76February 23, 2021 2:07 AM

r36 What a massive hypocrite the seditionist Trump is.

by Anonymousreply 77February 23, 2021 2:14 AM

Is Junior still shacking-up with that harlot with the rolodex of penis pics?

by Anonymousreply 78February 23, 2021 2:14 AM

[quote] Don Jr. is circling the drain. He looks like an end stage hospice patient.

R32 - Not by the looks of things at R73.

by Anonymousreply 79February 23, 2021 2:20 AM

Investigate this thing called Gini Thomas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 23, 2021 2:23 AM

How about I show you naked photos of my wife instead?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 23, 2021 2:25 AM

I found an old New Yorker mag which was sent to press before election results were in. Some of it was chillingly accurate, like Cohen saying Turd would summon his militias if he lost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 23, 2021 3:50 AM

I'm Datus Loungitus, a disreputable bar, frequented by Pathicuses and and African slaves.

by Anonymousreply 83February 23, 2021 4:06 AM

^ Oopius

by Anonymousreply 84February 23, 2021 4:07 AM

[quote]I do not think Putin would want him there, is useless to him now, I would assume. Just curious if any other country would want him.

Even if Putin didn't want Trump, he would still need to accept him, if Trump were to flee to Russia. Putin needs to show potential victim/agents that they would have a refuge in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 85February 23, 2021 4:10 AM

so Trump escaped being found guilty at his impeachment trial, but he could go away for financial laws he broke.

All because he hated Obama for taunting him at the White House Correspondents' dinner

by Anonymousreply 86February 23, 2021 4:14 AM

R80 She will be caught in the dragnet of Pelosis 9/11 commission on the insurrection which will force Thomas off the bench if ill health doesn't do it first.

by Anonymousreply 87February 23, 2021 11:32 AM

"Rachel Maddow is covering the story. It’s juicy. Fuck Trump."

You mean Rachel "Trump will never get the Republican nomination," "Trump will never win the election," "Trump won't last three months in office," "Trump won't last six months in office," "Trump won't last a year in office," "Trump will never survive a full term," "Trump will resign any day now," "I have a single page of Trump's tax return from 10 years ago and now I've got him by the balls" Maddow?

by Anonymousreply 88February 23, 2021 12:35 PM

^^Dayum.

by Anonymousreply 89February 23, 2021 2:02 PM

I know, Rachel is getting a bit past it. Time to replace her with Joy.

by Anonymousreply 90February 23, 2021 3:02 PM

Investigators with the D.A.'s office have been expanding their criminal probe into Trump’s business empire, asking questions and grilling witnesses not only about Trump but particularly about his eldest son, Don Jr., The Daily Beast has learned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 24, 2021 1:49 PM

R86- That was chilling. He NEVER smiled one time. The look on his face was frightening.

by Anonymousreply 92February 24, 2021 1:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!