Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael Barbaro is engaged to a female

According to the article, "Barbaro] declines to define his sexual orientation or whether he considers it to have shifted."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2202/24/2021

No quips or anything?

by Anonymousreply 102/22/2021

People who do the "I don't define my sexuality" routine really think it sounds interesting to others when it is actually just tiring.

by Anonymousreply 202/22/2021

I don’t get what makes him special as a podcast host.

He has this thing where, pp the guest will say, “The sky used to be blue but there are signs it is turning green.” And Michael will say, “Wait, so let me ensure I understand this. You’re saying that the sky, which used to be blue, is actually turning green...that there are signs of that?” Yes, that’s what he fucking said!

by Anonymousreply 302/22/2021

Truly fascinating character. Soft spoken nerdy gay type. I remember when the big scandal first hit looking to see if people had just assumed he was gay, when he had always considered himself bisexual. But no, there was an article he wrote about coming out in college/ being gay specifically. What makes a gay identified man, married to another man, have an affair with a female co worker? While its all consenting adults (apart from the jilted ex husband) there is also something so strange about the woman. Like what makes you go for a man who is married to another man? I find his refusal to explain it really disingenuous. It would be different if he had never talked about his sexuality - then he could make some claim about refusing to discuss it. But he has talked about it in the past. So to now play that card now that he has moved on with a woman is kind of gross.

Like say you are bi, or you are just contributing to the harmful stereotype that gay men simply need to find the right woman. I have no issue if he is bisexual, I have an issue with a man who is currently on record as saying he is gay, wanting to marry a woman.

by Anonymousreply 402/22/2021

Kind of old news, no? The engagement may be new, but not the relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502/22/2021

Bi men are strange

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602/22/2021

I just find this fascinating in a character study of way. What causes the change of heart? Did he want to feel more like a "man"?

by Anonymousreply 702/23/2021

Congrats bro

by Anonymousreply 802/23/2021

He certainly has gayvoice. But then every man on NPR does.

by Anonymousreply 902/23/2021

He's kinda corrupt. Lookout Lsa!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1002/23/2021

He’s creepy looking and corrupt AF. He probably lied about being gay so he wouldn’t have to explain his bisexuality.

by Anonymousreply 1102/23/2021

I know Michael, I used to live in the same Riverside Drive coop. He seemed like a nice guy and his (male) partner, with whom he lived, seemed nicer. But Michael is so wildly ambitious that he needed more than a nice man, he needed a stepping stone partner to more power and success, didn't matter if it was a man, a woman, or a donkey.

by Anonymousreply 1202/23/2021

Tuna for two....have at it. It is not his last taste of the peen. What a sad sack. Really pathetic....reduced to a caricature.

by Anonymousreply 1302/23/2021

Unusual but it occasionally happens, though very very rarely with men.I knew a woman who was a lesbian but wound up marrying a man at 39. Never met a gay man who switched.

by Anonymousreply 1402/23/2021

Are we sure he's not lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 1502/23/2021

This is another example of how bisexual men choose women for relationships, men for fucking. It happens in the vast majority of cases.

by Anonymousreply 1602/23/2021

How is he corrupt?

by Anonymousreply 1702/24/2021

Does he have a big eye-talian dick?

by Anonymousreply 1802/24/2021

Now he’s engaged to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 1902/24/2021

What’s this Caliphate scandal he had going?

by Anonymousreply 2002/24/2021

R20, his current partner, Lisa Tobin, was an executive producer of Caliphate. He failed to disclose that on a corrective podcast, in which he interviewed Executive Editor of the Times, Dean Baquet, about the scandal. He also approached 4 journalists and asked them to temper their comments while critiquing the Caliphate scandal.

Because it's part of the argument "Did Michael put The Daily on the map, or did The Daily put Michael on the map," he was never punished for such a clear ethical breach.

I've wanted to bring him up in the past, but wasn't sure how to frame the discussion. I find it fascinating a formerly out and proud man who identified as gay, is now engaged to a woman (but doesn't go through any lengths to claim he's bisexual).

by Anonymousreply 2102/24/2021

This is the only time I've ever heard of someone being an openly gay man with a male partner and leaving them for a woman.

by Anonymousreply 2202/24/2021
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!