Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has anyone here bought an Always Pan?

Friends who are big into cooking have said that this is a hot item right now. Wired magazine shits all over it, though.

Have any DLers cracked open the wallet to buy this $145 replace-every-other-pan pan? How was it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 25, 2021 12:30 PM

I’m also curious about this.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 8:27 PM

I was turned off by the vocal fry Kim Kardashian-wannabe inventor.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 8:33 PM

I’ll stick with cast iron and carbon fiber.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 8:47 PM

Three times I placed an order but at the last minute, just could pull the trigger on $145 fry pan.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 8:50 PM

Buy a good wok.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 8:51 PM

Is it like the Forever postage stamp?

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote] Buy a good wok.

You’re canceled for saying wok.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote] Three times I placed an order but at the last minute, just could pull the trigger on $145 fry pan.

Wasn’t it a lot cheaper before? For months I saw 50% off ads on YouTube. Or maybe it was 20% off.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 8:59 PM

Why would I buy something the color of old white ladies' pantyhose?

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 9:00 PM

[quote]Friends who are big into cooking have said that this is a hot item right now.

What useless friends you have. Who cares if it is a "hot item," they're not giving you hot insider tips on the stock market or real estate, they're not telling you that the pan is any good, they're just telling you that people are buying the damned thing.

The Wired review does it for me: a domed bottom of the pan means a big No.

But do hurry, supplies are, they say, limited.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 9:06 PM

To continue the Kardashian references, this color way could/should be called SkIMS.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 9:27 PM

No, All Clad or Cuisinart stainless steel pans is what I use.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 9:31 PM

About as useless as the copper pans, only idiots buy an "AS SEEN ON TV" product hawked by someone on meth.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 10:52 PM

Freakin' Reviews on Youtube did a review on this last year. Doesn't seem worth the price imo. You can get a full set of T-Fal cookware for less than $100 that will last you for years if you don't use metal utensils in them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2021 12:08 AM

I'm saving up for a Popeil's Pocket Fisherman by Ronco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2021 12:17 AM

No, R6. It's more like the Forever Lazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2021 12:19 AM

Same here, R12. I too, use Cuisinart stainless. Once I go back to living without roommates, I'm buying a Le Creuset Dutch oven.

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2021 12:23 AM

I have a cast iron griddle, a couple cast iron skillets, a wok I've had for 16 years. That's my former stuff, don't need nor want anything else.

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2021 12:54 AM

R18

"That's my FOREVER stuff..."

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2021 12:55 AM

Nobody actually buys this, they just all try to make it seem like it's trendy to fool suckers like OP.

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2021 1:00 AM

No but I am a big fan of their maxi pads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2021 1:04 AM

The nonstick part apparently dies after about a month.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 4:36 AM

My " batterie de cuisine" consists mostly of All Clad and Le Creuset and some cast iron and a Calphalon crepe pan I've had forever. Oh, and a WagnerWare pan passed down from Mom.

It would survive a direct hit from a nuclear bomb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2021 7:29 AM

What about the Misen pan from Kickstarter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2021 8:25 AM

I googled this piece of shit pan and have been bombarded with Facebook ads, emails and other annoying propaganda. So fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 25February 23, 2021 1:15 PM

I got the Misen nonstick pan for Christmas, r24, and am liking it a lot. However, their 10" pan is a lot larger across than the 10" T-Fal nonstick pan it replaced.

It took me a while to get used to it. I used the old one mainly for scrambling two eggs, and I cooked my bacon in a separate, larger pan. Now that I have this larger pan, I've figured out that I can cook the bacon in it first, then scramble the eggs in it after tipping out most of the bacon fat. Faster, and only one pan to wash.

by Anonymousreply 26February 23, 2021 1:25 PM

"SHIPPING AND RETURNS ARE ALWAYS FREE FROM OUR PLACE TO YOURS"

The slogan on their website - complete cringe. This is the token copycat saying from food bloggers, food authors, Youtube foodies/influencers, Food Network TV personalities...

"Welcome to my kitchen!"

"...from my kitchen to yours!"

She pronounces words like "best" as "baaassstt". "Pan" like "paaaaaannn".

"This is a story of the cult favorite...waitlist inducing...the nonstick is pretty magical...it's our exclusive non stick coating and makes for the slippery surface imaginable..."

by Anonymousreply 27February 24, 2021 1:05 AM

Fad cookery is for fools.

by Anonymousreply 28February 24, 2021 1:08 AM

Just a few minutes ago I saw this ad for the first time. $145??

by Anonymousreply 29February 24, 2021 1:10 AM

It would remind me of a bedpan. Which I wouldn't want to cook with, either...I don't think (?).

by Anonymousreply 30February 24, 2021 2:46 AM

This is my favorite , a 12" sauté pan, I bought it when prices were still reasonable for $95.00.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 25, 2021 12:21 PM

Why would I spend $145 on a piece of shit when I can just drop one of my own on the cooktop and get the same result?

by Anonymousreply 32February 25, 2021 12:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!