Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Welcome Home!!

Cutest dollface video ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2021 12:51 PM

Awww!

:)

I miss my dog most when I come home to an empty house :(

RIP, Max

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 10:07 AM

That gray poodle is gigantic!

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 10:12 AM

How demeaning.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 12:46 PM

^^ Dogs know no shame, they'll even lick your butt for the hell of it

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 2:07 PM

I'm not feeling it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 4:43 PM

These doggies are so excited that they're not just wagging their tails.

They're wagging their entire bodies!!

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 4:44 PM

The sad thing about Ted Cruz's dog, Snowflake, was that he was probably glad to see Ted come home not knowing that Ted had left him alone in the dark and cold :(

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 6:59 PM

Dogs are the best.

Cats will never make you feel as loved as a dog does.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 10:27 PM

Damn, I miss my giant Maine Coon. When I came home he did exactly like that Golden. Stretched up to his full 36+ inches and pawed up at me, trilling and yodeling. When I saw the man reach down and pick up his German Shepherd, I lost it. Too many memories.

When I was out of his presence, he watched for me. All the time.

Now, he's out of MY presence, but I can't watch for him.

R8, I'll share one story that proves you wrong. Six days before he died of lymphoma, I HAD to run an errand (I worked from home and tried to be with my cat as much as possible). He could just barely stand up, and his giant bones poked out everywhere, he was so gaunt. He'd always loved the glass brick wall in the living room, so we set him up there on a very thick pallet I sewed by hand, and placed him where he'd catch the sun all day.

Anyway, I left, asking Dad's caregiver and my sister to keep an eye on the cat (he hadn't eaten or even awakened all day). 90 minutes later I returned to stunned faces on sister and sitter. They said "We had no idea you'd returned; Never heard the car, never heard you on the porch, never heard your key in the door--AND WE WERE RIGHT HERE! All of a sudden Nomi raised his head and struggled to his feet."

Somehow, my boy had watched and listened and smelled for me, and used all of his love and strength to rise up, take a few steps and greet me at the front door. He couldn't yodel anymore, but he purred his giant heart out. For me. Always for me.

Pic is what I saw every time I arrived home for nine years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 11:02 PM

9- That was beautiful. Your cat was beautiful, too.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 11:09 PM

What a sweet story, R9!

Thanks for sharing. :o)

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 11:10 PM

Thank you, R10 and R11.

Animal-human connections are beautiful and life-affirming, PERIOD--no matter the animal species. If you ever become an animal's "darling person," you are very blessed indeed.

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2021 2:59 AM

[quote]Cats will never make you feel as loved as a dog does.

They're generally cooler, but I don't agree, they can be just as loving and demonstrative

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2021 12:04 PM

That large gray poodle is a bit disconcerting. Something unnatural about it.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2021 12:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!