Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do posters here sometimes complain about gossiping on Datalounge?

It's like going to The Metropolitan Opera and complaining that people are singing when you want to enjoy silence.

And no, you don't get to choose personally who gets talked about and who doesn't. Everyone is fair game, even your personal favorite celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 5:05 AM

It's like complaining about posting anime on an anime board.

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2021 1:17 AM

I heard that OP turns tricks at Waffle House.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2021 1:17 AM

Let me guess OP, you posted your 400th Meghan Markle thread and some Philistine was MEAN to you?

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2021 1:19 AM

It seems very odd when people want to argue with other posters about their tea. Unless they were in the room or have at least a second hand account of something I think they should shut the hell up. What really happens is that they distract the original poster or scares them off before we get a chance for the juicy follow up questions.

For instance, someone will say this actor hooked up with a friend of mine and his wife. My question would me, what's the dick size, did he top or bottom for your friend, did he give head, did he swallow, was it bareback, when did it happen, etc. Instead we get trolls arguing that something didn't occur or so and so is 100% straight. Uh, these DL trolls ruin everything.

This is what made that cocaine tea thread possibly the best I've ever seen on DL. She wasn't scared of the trolls, she stuck around for questions and named fucking names!

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2021 1:22 AM

[quote] about their tea

R4 people only argue with you because you use stupid phrases like that

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 1:24 AM

Nope, r3.

I was prompted to create this thread by a poster on the Ronan Farrow/Woody Allen thread, and it reminded me of how often I've seen this behavior here lately.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 1:26 AM

[quote] argue with other posters about their tea.

That is being discussed on the British questions thread linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 1:26 AM

How is it stupid r5. It's a commonly accepted term for gossip these days. No matter how many strands of your balding head you pull out, tea is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 1:34 AM

DLers are stupid sometimes

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 2:44 AM

R8 it's symptomatic of the cult member bubblegum Drag Race-ification of gay culture and it's a stupid, tired, cliched phrase that says far more than is likely intended about the person using it.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 3:12 AM

Any question involving why posters on here complain could be rephrased, Why do they breathe?

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 3:33 AM

Well, some of the bitchery is SUPPOSED to be pointless ...

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 5:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!