Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are the current TV shows with gay male characters? Part 5

For those who are locked out of Part 4 (which is now open for subscribers only).

by Anonymousreply 361February 15, 2023 8:25 PM

Sorry, I meant that only subscribers can post comments in Part 4.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2021 9:52 PM

Tres Caminos has a closeted gay character.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2021 9:58 PM

Amazon Prime Exclusive has a released a new Spanish Teen horror drama mystery show that features gay, lesbian, and bi characters. However, no gay content, a brief bi encounter on screen, and - of course - lesbian romance between two young girls. The gays have some non-gay related screen time.

However, the show has so many hot guys, a lot of shirtless scenes, a few brief ass shots and the overall drama, horror and mystery is pretty great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2021 10:03 PM

Netflix's The Irregulars has a gay character twist.

The show can be described as a teen version of Penny Dreadful with a bit of Doctor Who in it. Maybe even some Bidgerton if you consider its diverse cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2021 8:01 PM

Lesbians are a dime a dozen these days. Easier to list shows that DON'T have some lesbian character somewhere in there.

I was surprised that the animated "The Great North" show on FOX Sundays had a matter-of-fact, no-big-deal gay teen storyline, where this girl has a crush on this new guy, and asks him to the equivalent to the Sadie Hawkins dance, but he only has eyes for her brother, and when she goes to the bathroom at the dance, the new guy and the brother hook up and make out on the dance floor. Nobody says a thing about it other than the girl being upset her "date" likes someone else.

I was kind of impressed by that. Of course, since then, they haven't really touched on that character's sexuality and the 'new guy' hasn't really been seen much since. But still.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2021 9:31 PM

R3, I just binged the whole 8 episode first season this weekend. It's a nice enough mystery show but is pretty slim on the gay and lesbian front. I mean there's little there but people shouldn't expect much. I enjoyed the show for the mystery and for the hot guys, and actually probably the hottest and the nastiest man in the show is gay, although he has zero gay scenes. Still, it gave his character depth.

I assume the leads were meant to be teenagers but at least some, like Manuel and Paul, are played by people in their mid 20s, and that's just fine by me. BTW, the show is classified for 16+ here so it's not exactly a teen show.

A special mention for the many VPL's of Joel Bosqued who plays a music teacher. It's so rare to see proper trouser snakes on TV shows these days that I had to take a second look when he showed it the first time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 4, 2021 3:29 PM

Amazon's animated series Invincible has a gay character. He is pretty much a gay version of Stiles from MTV's Teen Wolf, the non-super human BFF sidekick of the lead (a frustrated teen who has a superhero as dad).

It's a pretty funny show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2021 11:25 AM

Follow-up to r7. The character is voiced by DL fave Andrew Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2021 12:00 PM

Netflix's Shadow & Bone

SPOILER: The gunslinger Jesper, Kit Young, makes out with a stable boy in episode 5.

by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2021 9:24 AM

Watching Who Killed Sara reminded me of another tv show from Mexico with a gay storyline. El Juego De Las Llaves is an Amazon prime show from Mexico. Valentin is the hot gay character. It ended with him getting fucked on a pool table and his wife walking in on them.

I knew it had been renewed for season 2 but hadn't heard anything else, so I googled it. Apparently season 2 doesn't have a premiere date, just that it will be sometime in 2021. The article also talked about a season 3, so I assume it's been renewed for at least two more seasons. PS: it also features Maite Perroni, famous from RBD. She's a queen. Love her.

Here is the trailer for season 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2021 2:34 PM

MODOK has a gay character. He kisses his partner in the finale episode.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2021 6:26 PM

Hap and Leonard, on Netflix.

One of the main characters is gay, with a boyfriend. And yes, they fuck.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2021 6:12 AM

This summer should be good. A couple of weeks until the second season of Love Victor, then there's the Gossip Girl reboot in July.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2021 9:20 AM

One of the minor characters in Panic is gay and making out with a guy in episode four. The show has some hot male eye candy with Mike Faist, Ray Nicholson, Bryce Cass (13 Reasons Why), Jordan Elsass (from Superman and Lois) and hot daddy Enrique Murciano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2021 9:35 AM

The new Gossip Girl trailer looks interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2021 10:08 AM

The Australian murder mystery show Eden features gay (and lesbian) characters. It stars AHS' Cody Fern and Keiynan Lonsdale (The Flash, Love Simon).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2021 7:42 AM

Don't know if it counts, but Netflix's campy soap The House of Flowers is back as a movie special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 7:02 AM

Young Royals on Netflix is very good and worth the watch.

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2021 11:31 AM

Two gay storylines from Latin America: Café con aroma de mujer and Enfermeras.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2021 9:42 AM

I have just watched the 41 first parts of Enfermeras. The gay storyline is ok. It hits every single telenovela trope though. It's very dramatic and OTT. I was so frustrated I almost gave up at one point. Glad I didn't, because it turned out better than expected in the end. I will give this tv show kudos for being from Colombia and not having stereotypical gay characters. They even get to kiss!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2021 1:04 PM

The game of the keys season 2 will premiere September 16th on Amazon Prime Video. Valentin is thr gay character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2021 8:58 AM

Animal Kingdom on TNT.

Deran Cody played by Jake Weary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2021 9:04 AM

Deran and Adrian...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2021 9:06 AM

Walking Dead: World Beyond.

Main character "Felix" is played by Nico Tortorella. His boyfriend is Will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2021 9:09 AM

Walking Dead's "Aaron" played by Ross Marquand (left).

His boyfriend was Eric, but they killed him off.

On-screen though, they never really did anything more than hold hands. They were more like "friends" than boyfriends.

This kissed only once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2021 9:12 AM

Walker (played by Jared Padalecki) on the CW.

Keegan Allen plays Walker's gay brother "Liam."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2021 9:17 AM

The new Leonardo DiVinci tv show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2021 9:22 AM

Gossip Girl on HBO Max.

Male bisexual character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2021 9:23 AM

Liam Gallagher and Mickey Milkovich on Showtime's "Shameless."

Played by Cameron Monaghan and Noel Fisher.

Although the series ended earlier this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2021 9:27 AM

Michael Cimino in Hulu's "Love, Victor."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2021 9:30 AM

And just in case you wanted to know, someone (or group of people) compiled a comprehensive list of all the gay characters on all television shows in history!

Rofl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2021 9:32 AM

This year is being bad for gay male representation (idrc for bi's)

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2021 10:12 AM

R26, your link isn't working... try again?

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2021 3:18 PM

This is Valentin, the gay character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2021 3:27 PM

Can you see this, R33?

Jared is on the left and Keegan Allen (the gay character) is on the right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2021 6:52 PM

Yes, that works fine.

by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2021 4:23 AM

New season of American Horror Story: Macauley Culkin was in the first episode playing a barfly prostitute who tried to hook up with/offered his services to Finn Wittrock after encountering him in a Cape Cod restaurant. Finn declined the offer.

by Anonymousreply 37August 26, 2021 5:20 PM

All the slots for gay characters are now filled with the "trans", "non-binary" and "queer" characters, all embodied by freakish and "other" presenting characters, and all of them dreary and sour. This is puzzling, as most gay people look and act a lot like everybody else and many have nice personalities!

See? We've been doing it all wrong!

by Anonymousreply 38August 26, 2021 5:28 PM

Found this on youtube. It's from a Mexican telenovela.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2021 4:53 PM

Just watched the 4 first episodes of season 2 of The Game of Keys. Spoilers ahead:

Not happy with Valentin's storyline. He barely gets any screen time and when he does it's all about coming out. His mom is a bitch for accepting him yet trying to in him by telling his dad his wife's baby is his when it's not. Ugh. Such a stupid trope. Another thing that annoyed me was the lack of gay sex while every episode had several minutes of lesbians kissing and having sex. In those 4 episodes there was only one gay kiss and zero gay sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2021 4:42 PM

This Buscando a Frida

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2021 5:58 PM

Netflix's latest animated series Chicago Party Aunt has Daniel, voiced by Rory O'Malley, who moves in with his crazy, trashy aunt Diane, voiced by Lauren Ash (Superstore). Features also Jon (Superstore) and Ike Barinholtz (Mad TV, The Mindy Project, Suicide Squad) and RuPaul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2021 9:17 AM

The latest season of Netflix's Sex Education was released last Friday. It's pretty gay.

And, that's maybe a bit off topic, but Brooklyn Nine Nine finished its run with a rather heartwarming gay wedding ceremony (before the final two part episodes about the ultimate and final heist)

by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2021 8:33 AM

NBC premiered a new show called "La Brea" with a ridiculous premise: a giant sinkhole opens in LA and a group of people who were sucked down find themselves in a strange world full of prehistoric beasts. Anyway, there's an interracial couple - a black lawyer type in a suit and his white boyfriend/husband, who wears a lumberjack jacket.

by Anonymousreply 44September 29, 2021 3:39 AM

The Big Leap on Fox features multiple gay male characters, including openly gay Broadway actor Adam Kaplan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 29, 2021 3:50 AM

There are NO gays on tv now, only QUEERS!

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2021 4:24 AM

Valentin went full frontal on El Juego De Las Llaves. They didn't show him having sex with his hookup, they were kissing then kissing again in bed the morning after. I wonder if Valentin just hooked up with that guy once or if he will now be his love interest. I actually wouldn't mind him as a love interest. I think he would ground him, Valentin might get cut off from his dad after coming out. He needs some stability and someone to pull him down back to earth after being a spoiled rich kid.

by Anonymousreply 47September 29, 2021 6:43 AM

R44 OMG, it’s like Land of the Lost!!! Will they find Marshall, Will and Holly? Chaka? The Slyeestack? I’m almost interested, there was a young actor on TikTok yesterday saying everyone laughed at him last year arriving in LA having graduated from college with no acting prospects as they got great jobs, but now he’s landed a series and his giant chubby butt is now highlighted on billboard in the Grove, so basically they can all suck it. I don’t think he’s the gay character though. He said they filmed in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 48September 29, 2021 8:36 AM

[quote] He said they filmed in Australia.

During the pandemic? It should be quite difficult to film any more seasons there while Australia has closed its borders.

by Anonymousreply 49September 29, 2021 9:49 AM

Season 12 of "The Great British Bake Off" started recently -- there's a Trinidadian contestant who has a UK partner.

by Anonymousreply 50October 1, 2021 3:07 AM

Nuclear Family on HBO is a three part docuseries about Lesbians having gay men donate sperm so they can have children, but then it becomes a legal battle. There’s a thread about it.

by Anonymousreply 51October 1, 2021 4:53 AM

Part 4 has lots of room. If you can't post to it then just wait until you can, go post to another thread or... shocking I know... cough up the huge sum of $2.00 a month to post on a website you use every fucking day of your life.

What the fuck? Cheap freeloader cunts.

by Anonymousreply 52October 1, 2021 5:01 AM

R51 Who the fuck cares about lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 53October 5, 2021 12:43 PM

I do

by Anonymousreply 54October 5, 2021 7:24 PM

R54 Start your own "What are the current TV shows with lesbian characters" thread then

by Anonymousreply 55October 5, 2021 8:39 PM

I hate to be bitchy, but I started the very first of these threads years ago specifically to find shows that featured gay men, not Ls or Ts.

by Anonymousreply 56October 5, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote]I hate to be bitchy

Bless.

by Anonymousreply 57October 6, 2021 12:58 AM

New Amsterdam started off tonight's episode with two guys kissing in bed, so that's progress I guess.

by Anonymousreply 58October 6, 2021 2:22 AM

Pretty Smart on Netflix just came out and has Michael Hsu Rosen playing a stereotypical gay influencer (ala Benito Skinner)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 11, 2021 4:07 PM

The new season of Grey's Anatomy has a gay couple; nerdy doctor and handsome Asian doctor. They also added a rather large gay man to the show. He's part of the new crop of interns.

I'm re-watching earlier seasons of Grey's on Lifetime weekday mornings. I had completely forgotten about Callie (Sara Ramirez) and Arizona (Jessica Capshaw).

by Anonymousreply 60October 11, 2021 6:33 PM

I’m guessing Scott Speedman unfortunately IS NOT one of the Gay men?

by Anonymousreply 61October 11, 2021 7:03 PM

R61 He's Meredith Grey's love interest.

R60 Really wish they would give Nico and Schmitt more screentime.

by Anonymousreply 62October 11, 2021 8:00 PM

Thank you, R62. I couldn't remember the character's names.

by Anonymousreply 63October 11, 2021 8:17 PM

Oh dearing myself at R63. That should be 'characters' names.'

by Anonymousreply 64October 11, 2021 8:20 PM

I added Grey’s Anatomy back to my DVR automatic recordings a couple of seasons ago when Nico and Schmidt came on, but now that they are in the background I have deleted it from my lineup.

However, I am madly enjoying the show that precedes it, Station 19.

by Anonymousreply 65October 12, 2021 1:40 AM

AMC+'s KIN features Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger on Game of Thrones and Stuart in the original Queer as Folk) as Frank Kinsella, head of a crime family who's gay. The first or second episode had him getting a blowjob from a bartender he picked up. Subsequent episodes show him texting with guys and receiving shirtless pics. I don't know how much they'll dwell on him being gay.

One of the characters on SyFy's SURREALESTATE is gay and they've shown his husband but the character isn't a huge component of the series.

by Anonymousreply 66October 12, 2021 5:14 PM

Re: The Big Leap, mentioned above.

I saw one episode and there are several attractive gay men featured, and what might be a budding romance between two of the male dancers. It’s on Fox. It’s mindless but distracting enough.

by Anonymousreply 67October 19, 2021 2:27 AM

I'm only mentioning current shows or upcoming shows.

Below Deck. This season has a gay male stew and it looks like there might be a budding romance between him and the bi (?) male deckhand.

Current Spanish shows with gay characters: Todo lo otro HIT season 2

Upcoming shows: Rebelde will premiere in January 2022. I'm not 100 % positive, but it looks like this remake will have gay/bi male characters.

by Anonymousreply 68October 28, 2021 5:53 AM

I'm watching an episode of Midsomer Murder, it has a gay couple. Also, a shirtlerss Winter!

by Anonymousreply 69October 30, 2021 6:27 PM

Anyone seen Acapulco on Apple TV+ ? There’s a camp sidekick who’s obviously gay and in the last episode the main characters sister made out with her friend.

Maybe I’m reading it wrong but the main character Maximo also seems really gay.

by Anonymousreply 70October 30, 2021 10:22 PM

R70 Nothing worse than coded characters or characters who may or may not be gay

by Anonymousreply 71October 30, 2021 10:31 PM

The Long Call is a recent miniseries that was on ITV and also streaming on Britbox for people outside the UK. Starring gay actors Ben Aldridge and Declan Bennett as a married couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 5, 2021 3:26 PM

R72 I'm really pretty shocked that they said 'GAY community' and 'representation of the GAY male couple' because it's all about "LGBTQIAPPP+" and "Queer" now, especially in the UK.

Ben Aldridge never said that he's gay, but "LGBTQIA+" member, also he never mentioned the word "gay" in his twitter and instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 8, 2021 1:41 AM

R73 He may not have labeled himself when he initially came out, but it seems like at the very least everyone is saying he's gay.

[quote]"We filmed on World Pride Day this year, in June, in this beautiful cottage with the most incredible view out to the sea. Me and Declan, who plays my husband, were filming a kiss. Lee – the director – said, ‘This is so significant. This kiss happens in the first minute of the show.’ It’s ITV, and it’s mainstream, and it’s a married gay couple. And it was a gay director and two gay actors. It was something I never thought I would experience as an actor, so there’s a lot to celebrate.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 8, 2021 1:55 AM

The new version of "Dexter" just dropped. Now he lives in a small town and works for a gay middle-aged hunting supply store owner, who has a husband and who are in the process of picking out a puppy together.

by Anonymousreply 75November 9, 2021 1:19 AM

[Quote] who are in the process of picking out a puppy together.

This takes more than one episode?

by Anonymousreply 76November 9, 2021 1:22 AM

They should make his teenage son gay R75

by Anonymousreply 77November 9, 2021 1:38 AM

Legacies on CW seems to be finally getting it's first gay male characters with gay actor Zane Phillips recurring as a supposed potential love interest of one of the male characters on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 17, 2021 6:13 AM

Clip of the character's reveal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 17, 2021 6:14 AM

Wait, what? The werewolf guy on Legacies is gay? I have watched the show since episode one and it was never mentioned before.

by Anonymousreply 80December 17, 2021 7:39 AM

Apparently he's going to come out and I guess there was a casting call a while back looking for a male love interest for one of the male characters.

by Anonymousreply 81December 17, 2021 2:24 PM

Netflix released a new German drama series called Kitz. It's about the high society ski retreat area in Kitzbühel, Austria. It has gay characters in its main cast. The show has a bit of an Elite (Spanish Teen soap) vibe, but the cast of this show seems a bit older. It's about a girl investigating the disappearance of her brother (not a unique premise, I admit).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 30, 2021 7:56 PM

I'm not sure if anyone cares about foreign dramas but A Royal Affair based on a real story about the Swedish king is to premiere today on NRK.

by Anonymousreply 83January 1, 2022 10:38 AM

Here is the trailer. Hope it's not geo blocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 1, 2022 10:40 AM

Gay twink Aled has left Welsh soap People of The Valley but possible gay twink Aaron has aroused questions from his parents,who want to know whether or not he has a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 85January 2, 2022 7:06 AM

Maybe not what the thread is asking for specifically, but Father Brown season nine episode six features gay characters and - SPOILER ALERT! - a happy ending for them.

by Anonymousreply 86January 11, 2022 3:59 PM

R38 Sabrina killed off the cousins boyfriend off screen and never had him hookup with any other male character, and they had that little girl that claimed she was a boy date a man and called it a gay couple, all this coming from a gay show runner. I'm glad that shit show got canceled.

by Anonymousreply 87January 11, 2022 4:11 PM

I just want to say thanks! for this thread. My new years resolution was to watch only shows and movies starring gay people and characters. Preferably as the main characters and not just the gay best friend. This topic has been very helpful.

by Anonymousreply 88January 11, 2022 5:44 PM

I don't watch it myself and it's been on for a couple years, but the CBS sitcom 'B Positive' has a gay character played by Darryl Stephens

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 21, 2022 2:07 AM

This telenovela has a gay couple. One half played by DL fave Lambda Garcia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 23, 2022 8:39 AM

Watch from 8:06. Gabriel le confiesa a Alejo que es gay

by Anonymousreply 91January 23, 2022 8:46 AM

Netflix released a Portuguese show called Summer Heat, about late teens at a beach resort. One of the main cast is gay. It also features Jorge López, who was in the second season of Netflix's Spanish TV soap Elite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 23, 2022 12:19 PM

Japanese mini series Mood Indigo from several years ago which I believe has spun off at least 2 sequel series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 23, 2022 12:52 PM

Just finished all 3 seasons of "Hap & Leonard" on Netflix. One of the main characters is gay, but it's rarely an actual plot point, it's just something that is.

Also, "The Old Guard" is a fantastic movie on NetFlix with gay characters that are actually in love and kiss and everything. A sequel is in the works.

by Anonymousreply 94January 23, 2022 5:47 PM

R88 Then you don't have many options to watch. Gay characters are few and far between. Meanwhile lesbians are overflowing on tv. Wonder why...

by Anonymousreply 95January 23, 2022 6:23 PM

Straight men love lesbians

by Anonymousreply 96January 23, 2022 9:05 PM

[quote] Then you don't have many options to watch.

There are more than enough options out there. Unlike you, I have life beyond obsessing about watching gay themed only entertainment. As it is, I have trouble finding the time to watch all the gay themed content there is.

by Anonymousreply 97January 23, 2022 9:43 PM

My apologies, I have a life beyond obsessing about watching only gay themed entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 98January 23, 2022 9:44 PM

R93 I thought it was a start of a japanese gay porn lol, not bad.

by Anonymousreply 99January 25, 2022 11:49 PM

Ironically porn does plays a part on the show R99.

by Anonymousreply 100January 25, 2022 11:59 PM

R90 I don't like so soap operas much but Lambda Garcia deserved a equally hot actor to play his boyfriend, not this fuggo. What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 101January 26, 2022 12:32 AM

It looks like Davi Santos' character on Good Sam is gay and just had his boyfriend introduced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 28, 2022 6:32 PM

The new British period drama from BritBox called Hotel Portofino features a gay character in the main cast. It stars Natascha McElhone (You only work in a shop, you know, you can drop the attitude!), Anna Chancellor, and Adam James (I May Destroy You, Belgravia). British drama in the Italian Riviera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 29, 2022 12:11 AM

Craig Wesley on Days of Our Lives has been having an affair with a man

by Anonymousreply 104January 29, 2022 4:14 PM

According to Wikipedia the new ABC series 'Promised Land' has a gay male main character.

by Anonymousreply 105January 31, 2022 9:49 PM

R105 "An epic, generation-spanning drama about a """Latinx""" family vying for wealth and power"

*barf*

I will be very surprised if that gay male don't end up with a tranny.

by Anonymousreply 106February 1, 2022 12:15 AM

Matt Ryan played a bisexual John Constantine on Legends of Tomorrow. When Warner Brothers pulled the plug on the CW’s use of the character, the show brought the actor back as a new character, Gwyn Davies - the scientist who invented time travel. The character is gay but very conflicted about it as a devout Catholic from the year 1925.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 1, 2022 1:00 PM

Davi Santos plays gay on Good Sam.

by Anonymousreply 108February 4, 2022 6:10 AM

R108 Yep, mentioned it above. His character also just proposed to his boyfriend in the last episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 4, 2022 6:17 AM

Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 6, 2022 6:59 PM

Aww!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 6, 2022 6:59 PM

These don't sound very interesting. And you'd have to subscribe to cable to see them.

Come to think of it, whenever there has been a 'gay sitcom'- they are outnumbered by straight characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 6, 2022 11:56 PM

R112 A lot of those shows are cancelled or have ended already. Plus for some reason they have 'It's a Sin' listed twice. Some likely don't even have gay male characters anyway.

by Anonymousreply 113February 7, 2022 12:28 AM

This show has a gay character, and he's gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 12, 2022 7:07 PM

Mood Indigo looks good! Will watch. I need something different after that terrible London Spy ending.

by Anonymousreply 115February 12, 2022 7:14 PM

I am referring to R93's gay Japanese Mood Indigo miniseries of course! (NOT the straight French movie).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 12, 2022 7:19 PM

Does anyone know if Davi Santos and the guy who plays his boyfriend are dating? They're obviously both gay and they seem close. I just can't figure out if they're just trying to play up the romance to get people to watch, or if it's genuine.

by Anonymousreply 117February 19, 2022 6:19 AM

R117 That would be great if they were. At the very least it looks like Stephen likes photographing Davi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118February 19, 2022 6:29 AM

Another shot of Davi by Stephen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119February 19, 2022 6:30 AM

The British murder mystery Magpie Murders, based on the same named book, has been released recently on BritBox. It's a great show with the absolutely divine Lesley Manville as the female lead. On the show the author, who dies under mysterious circumstances, is a bitter sourpuss who came out late in his life and has a boy toy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 20, 2022 1:36 PM

Colton Haynes has showed up as a gay dad for an episode of the girls friends show Dollface on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 121February 20, 2022 1:46 PM

One thing is for certain...

Don't expect to see any Greg Berlanti shows on this list.

Dude hates gay men with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 122February 20, 2022 1:56 PM

r122, that's a lie, and you know it.

Berlanti's CW superhero shows have gay characters. Like Matt Ryan's Doctor Gwyn Davis on Legend of Tomorrow or Echo Kellum as Curtis Holt / Mr. Terrific on Arrow. Then minor recurring characters like Patrick Sabongui's Captain David Singh in The Flash.

by Anonymousreply 123February 20, 2022 2:13 PM

A bi sexual, a gay man who married then quickly lost his husband and left the show and a side character who has only appeared roughly 20% of the entire show's run with a line or two per episode.

Meanwhile starring roles for femme muff divers, bulldaggers, chicks with dicks, bisexuals (females only, please)....

by Anonymousreply 124February 20, 2022 2:16 PM

r124, so you have to downgrade your "none at all" hyperbolic temper tantrum to a "not enough" issue. You are really good at presenting your case. *two thumbs up*

by Anonymousreply 125February 20, 2022 2:22 PM

^Robbie Rogers

by Anonymousreply 126February 20, 2022 2:24 PM

r126, I'd rather be him than you begging for someone to shit in his mouth. Loser.

by Anonymousreply 127February 20, 2022 2:25 PM

Why would I beg for someone to shit in Robbie's mouth?

Strange.

by Anonymousreply 128February 20, 2022 2:28 PM

in your mouth, my bad, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 129February 20, 2022 2:32 PM

OK, you win. I'll beg for someone to shit in your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 130February 20, 2022 2:33 PM

Walking Dead - World Beyond (last season)

by Anonymousreply 131February 21, 2022 6:08 PM

This is Going to Hurt on BBC. It'll be on AMC in the US at some point later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 21, 2022 10:25 PM

One Of Us Is Lying on Netflix. Cooper is gay.

by Anonymousreply 133February 23, 2022 4:21 PM

R133 Based on the YA novel?

by Anonymousreply 134February 23, 2022 4:27 PM

One of Us Is Lying was released last year on Peacock. Don't know why it's showing up on Netflix all of a sudden. There is supposed to be a second season, I believe. The first season covered the book, but had a different ending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 23, 2022 4:41 PM

R134 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 136February 23, 2022 4:51 PM

Promised Land

by Anonymousreply 137February 23, 2022 5:15 PM

Sweet Magnolias

by Anonymousreply 138February 23, 2022 5:17 PM

The show 'Why are you like this' which is on Netflix

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 23, 2022 5:50 PM

who's the gay character in Sweet Magnolias?

by Anonymousreply 140February 23, 2022 5:56 PM

R140 I don't watch the show but this is one of the few things I could find regarding gay characters on it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141February 23, 2022 5:58 PM

Hacks

by Anonymousreply 142February 23, 2022 6:16 PM

Matt Ryan gay character Gwyn on Legends kissed his boyfriend Alun that he has been trying to save in the newest episode. Although there was a twist with this.

by Anonymousreply 143February 24, 2022 1:24 AM

Kung Fu on CW has a gay male character, and it looks like they'll give him a love interest in the new season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144March 6, 2022 6:21 AM

Did anyone mention Gilded Age yet? Baranski's son is a gay

by Anonymousreply 145March 6, 2022 6:23 AM

On Emmerdale, Ethan Anderson's love interest is apparently going to be the village's newcomer, Marcus Dean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146March 6, 2022 6:36 AM

On Casuality, Nurse Marty (r) has been seeing social worker, Adi (l), who's now suggested they get a flat together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 6, 2022 9:20 PM

The Tuxedo.

by Anonymousreply 148March 7, 2022 2:02 AM

ITV's Holding, based on the Graham Norton novel, features a gay male character, a lesbian couple, and a campy little boy.

It's a rather suspenseful murder mystery dramedy . It stars Conleth Hill (Littlefinger from Game of Thrones), Siobhán McSweeney (Sister Michael from Derry Girls), and Charlene McKenna. Kathy Burke (Gimme Gimme Gimme, Magda on AbFab) is directing the series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 19, 2022 11:02 AM

So sorry, Conleth Hill played Lord Varys on Game of Thrones, not Littlefinger.

by Anonymousreply 150March 19, 2022 11:06 AM

This telenovela has a gay storyline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 23, 2022 4:09 PM

This is relevant to folks who use Roku: The streaming device has a dedicated channel where they show original programs and announced a new show called "The Newsreader". It stars Anna Torv and Sam Reid, and the description reads: In the cutthroat world of TV news, most of the drama happens off-air. You’ll be instantly wrapped into this story of a grand, unconventional relationship in a world on the cusp of change. Dale and Helen’s relationship plays out against the backdrop of extraordinary current events of the time, including the Challenger Disaster, Halley’s Comet, the AIDS crisis and more.

It also explains that Reid is playing a closeted gay man in the era when AIDS was becoming a worldwide news event.

by Anonymousreply 152March 23, 2022 4:43 PM

Another one I just found

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 23, 2022 5:01 PM

With Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 23, 2022 5:51 PM

El primero de nosotros

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155March 23, 2022 6:01 PM

R152 - Thanks! I will check it out👍

by Anonymousreply 156March 25, 2022 7:17 PM

He’s very tertiary, but in the series Better Things, which is in its final season now, there is an avuncular Gay best friend to main character.

by Anonymousreply 157March 25, 2022 7:20 PM

Gays on a German tv show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 27, 2022 12:52 PM

There's a new show on HBO called "Our Flag Means Death" - the latest production from Taika Waititi. His other show "What We Do in the Shadows" is a pretty funny take on vampires living on Staten Island, and this show is a throwback comedy involving pirates on the high seas. The plot is: foppish sea captain meets a more seasoned, rugged captain on a voyage. Soon, the macho captain is teaching the meek guy how to be a real ruler of the seas. Taiki is playing the manly pirate - don't know the actor playing the poofy captain.

I've only seen one episode so far, but apparently these two dudes end up in a relationship (with at least one kiss) after a few episodes. I've also read that some of the other sailors are in M/M relationships, which were considered normal back in the day when men were trapped on boats for months at a time.

by Anonymousreply 159March 29, 2022 10:57 PM

R159 is late to the party. "Our Flag Means Death" is the gayest show on TV. Period.

Also, the lead Pirate, the foppish captain, is based on a real life guy who abandoned his family to go be a pirate, and literally called himself "The Gentleman Pirate", and he really did form a friendship with Blackbeard.

Also, that actor was in the What We Do In The Shadows movie, and he was in Flight of the Conchords as the hapless manager (you should watch that series if you haven't).

Anyway, "Our Flag Means Death" takes a few episodes to find its footing and get going, but by episode four it's HILARIOUS and really, really good.

And yeah, there are AT LEAST four gay characters in that show. AT LEAST.

by Anonymousreply 160March 29, 2022 11:20 PM

The lead in Our Flag Means Death is Rhys Darby, hilarious voice actor and actor in general. He played a supernatural creature trapped in a human's body in a The XFile episodes a couple of years back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 29, 2022 11:37 PM

R160 You nailed it. I watched a couple of eisodes but thought it was kinda boring. Then I continued watching and I'm glad I did because it only got better. My only gripe with the show is that despite it being very gay and it having quite a few gay characters, they STILL managed to tone down the gayness. As in, there isn't a lot of gay affection. Sure, there is some, but not enough. I know it's not that kinda show where you can expect explicit sex scenes. That is not what I'm talking about. I just found it annoying that the straight couple got a bed scene yet the gays didn't, that's all. Oh well, I hope it will be even gayer next season if it's renewed.

by Anonymousreply 162April 7, 2022 6:10 PM

There will be a Season 4 of Doom Patrol coming this summer. Hope Negative Man will find a lover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 7, 2022 9:21 PM

Elite season 5 was very gay. And very hot. Well worth the watch.

by Anonymousreply 164April 9, 2022 9:16 AM

r164, I'm going to watch it this weekend. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 165April 9, 2022 10:11 AM

Just started watching Orphan Black. The main character's "brother" is a flaming gay man. Who apparently likes bears.

by Anonymousreply 166April 9, 2022 7:25 PM

R166 I just saw a TikTok announcement that Orphan Black in some form is returning, to excited to speak!

by Anonymousreply 167April 9, 2022 7:31 PM

R167 But will there be gay content? As in gay MALE content? Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 168April 9, 2022 7:33 PM

I’m still hoping that in season two of the Gilded Age that CKB’s real life brother AKB plays her character’s long lost brother who comes to the mansion and works in the carriage house and has a roll in the hay with George Russell.

by Anonymousreply 169April 9, 2022 7:40 PM

Andres and Albin from the Mexican telenovela Pasion de Gavilanes 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 11, 2022 3:44 PM

Has no one mentioned that the latest season of Elite that just dropped is the Gayest yet?

by Anonymousreply 171April 11, 2022 4:49 PM

r171, r164 has mentioned it.

by Anonymousreply 172April 11, 2022 5:02 PM

No one mentioned it because Elite's been on for 5 seasons and has always had a gay character/storyline.

by Anonymousreply 173April 11, 2022 8:08 PM

R173 But it was mentioned, see R164.

by Anonymousreply 174April 11, 2022 8:48 PM

The new goofball pirates series Our Flag Means Death seems to be getting gayer every episode. I've just finished the fifth episode and the scribe has decided to "start acting like he's cute" and to be the ship's mattress, and the other pirates are very appreciative of his skills. Plus it appears there is a romance brewing between Blackbeard and the ship's captain.

by Anonymousreply 175April 12, 2022 1:23 AM

Yeah, keep watching. It gets even gayer.

by Anonymousreply 176April 12, 2022 1:44 AM

Blackbeard is very hot. I like his leather outfit.

by Anonymousreply 177April 12, 2022 5:14 AM

R177 Yes! Taika Waititi is making me feel things in his pirate drag.

by Anonymousreply 178April 12, 2022 6:47 PM

Italian drama show The Ignorant Angels from Disney+ (wait, what?) by Ferzan Özpetek (Hamam - Turkish Bath, Mine Vaganti, A Magnificent Haunting).

Following the death of her husband in a car accident, Antonia discovers that he was having an affair with a man named Michele. At first devastated by the news, she finds herself building an unexpected friendship with this man she had never heard of. They both learn to know each other, to accept each other, to understand each other. Antonia thus discovers her husband's other family made up of friends with unusual lifestyles and different sexual identities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 13, 2022 12:46 PM

Looking at these recent TV shows with gay/bi male characters just proves even more that Agron and Nasir from Spartacus was ahead of it's time.

Vast majority of them if they get one kiss is already a lot, but ofc, the same sex F/F have everything as always.

by Anonymousreply 180April 13, 2022 11:21 PM

R180 Yes. I have been saying this for years. Showrunners have a problem with gay men. They barely get any screentine and if they do they are mostly just asexual, or get to kiss a single time. They certainly never get to have sex like the lesbians. That is why I have to give kudos to shows like Elite. It might not be an Emmy or Golden Globes worthy show, it's a primetime soap with soft porn scenes. But it never tries to be something it's not, which is mindless fun. It's entertaining. And the gays ACTUALLY get to have a love life, with boyfriends and even sex! You don't see that on other shows. I don't get why other showrunners don't include more gays on their shows. Elite got popular because of the gay characters, yet other showrunners don't have the balls to do the same, they'll include lesbians instead. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 181April 14, 2022 11:54 AM

Unfortunately, most "from gays for gays" entertainment doesn't last very long (like, HBO's Looking, for example). Of course, Will & Grace was an exception, but was that really "from gays for gays (only)" entertainment? Most entertainment success comes from ensemble shows where there's one gay character in the main cast, having the occasional gay romance plot. It's quite rare that a gay couple is part of the main cast (911 - Lone Star, for example), but as they are ensemble shows they get maybe one or two storylines per season.

However, this thread series is a treasure trove of gay themed entertainment. And you can fall down a rabbit whole watching gay themed story edits from all sorts of ensemble shows on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 182April 14, 2022 12:15 PM

I hear they're rebooting "Queer As Folk"...

by Anonymousreply 183April 14, 2022 1:58 PM

R183 Yes but it's less gay and more LGBTQ+

by Anonymousreply 184April 14, 2022 2:08 PM

I know I've seen at least one man in the promo pictures for that. Will he be bisexual, or the straight boyfriend of someone angsting about revealing her transition?

by Anonymousreply 185April 14, 2022 11:22 PM

This scene was very sweet and the two actors are HOT. Hottest gay couple I've seen on tv in a while, except for Elite probably.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186April 15, 2022 9:58 AM

R183 I might watch it. I'm starved for gay content. I fear the worst but hope for the best. Maybe it will be better than I think. As long as they don't have gay men fucking a trans, I'm cool. If a bi guy fucks a trans that's ok as bi guys are attracted to vagina.

by Anonymousreply 187April 15, 2022 10:04 AM

Hot couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188April 16, 2022 5:51 PM

I know I'm searching for unicorns, but: any programs with gay men over the age of 30?

by Anonymousreply 189April 16, 2022 6:44 PM

There's a gay ghost on Ghosts

by Anonymousreply 190April 17, 2022 2:05 AM

R186 One of the boringiest gay couple that I've seen on a tv show, they doesn't even kiss.

If both were female a sex scene would already happened, shame.

by Anonymousreply 191April 19, 2022 11:57 PM

R191 It's a telenovela. What do you expect? It's a given they don't get to kiss. They still make a hot couple. Wish they got more scenes though, they were barely featured in the last 10 episodes :(

by Anonymousreply 192April 29, 2022 7:37 PM

We got a new gay character on Good Sam. I don't want to spoil too much if people haven't watch, but the new gay character is hot and he's a doctor! Yay! Not sure if they just made him gay to further Tim and Joey's storyline though, like do they actually have any plans for him? Oh well, either way I'm glad they made him gay. Just knowing we have a new gay character on the show is good. I'm praying for a new season, though I fear it will get cancelled. It hasn't been received well from either viewers or critics. I fear it's dead in the water. I liked it though, and the gay storyline was cute. Would be nice with a second season.

by Anonymousreply 193April 29, 2022 7:40 PM

Cute gay storyline from Italy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 29, 2022 7:43 PM

Well there's one less gay character on tv now, since the CW has decided to cancel Legends of Tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 195April 30, 2022 4:50 AM

The Arrowverse is official rid of all gays, male and female

by Anonymousreply 196April 30, 2022 5:11 AM

Tom Swift, the show about a black gay billionaire inventor, finally has a air date of May 31st

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 4, 2022 3:23 AM

Neil Patrick Harris will be starring in the upcoming Netflix series Uncoupled

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 5, 2022 1:59 AM

R68 Bringing this up but Rebelde on Netflix does have a gay character named Luka

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 7, 2022 3:40 AM

^^^ Does he live on the 2nd floor?

by Anonymousreply 200May 7, 2022 3:50 AM

r199, I don't recall a gay themed related storyline on Rebelde.

by Anonymousreply 201May 7, 2022 5:23 AM

R199 Maybe not a storyline but the character Luka is gay

by Anonymousreply 202May 7, 2022 5:26 AM

The teen thriller mystery show Welcome to Eden has gay characters and a gay storyline (like, two guys making out in a stable). It's about late teens (early 20s) lured to an island for a party and basically trapped to join a cult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 7, 2022 9:27 AM

The Staircase.

Well, bisexual, anyway ...

It's not a flattering portrayal (they can't all be), as the man is a murderer, but the series is DAMN good.

by Anonymousreply 204May 7, 2022 9:31 AM

Heartstopper on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 205May 7, 2022 6:14 PM

Finished season 1 of Rebelde on Netflix. Plenty of straight kissing and sex, lesbian kisses and some sex but not even a gay male kiss. Supposedly there are going to be 2 more seasons so hopefully we'll get something later.

by Anonymousreply 206May 7, 2022 6:18 PM

The latest episode of The Great North has Ham Tobin trying to get his big drama coming out moment, which he apparently never had when he came out to his ever so loving and accepting family, with a distant relative of the family. It's pretty funny. Tuc Watkins is a guest voice in this episode.

Love the show, btw.

by Anonymousreply 207May 9, 2022 2:04 PM

Did anybody mention Colin Firth in The Staircase on HBOMax? He’s married but plays a bisexual man who fools around with escorts and guys in Adult Bookstores.

by Anonymousreply 208May 9, 2022 2:10 PM

I wouldn't mind fooling around with Colin Firth

by Anonymousreply 209May 9, 2022 3:34 PM

Eden on Netflix is yet another show from Spain with a gay (male) storyline. I haven't watched yet, but I will. It looks good.

by Anonymousreply 210May 10, 2022 3:44 PM

R208 Sounds good, will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

by Anonymousreply 211May 10, 2022 3:45 PM

We just lost a ton of gay characters. Many tv shows with gay characters were recently cancelled... Roswell New Mexico, the Dynasty reboot, Good Sam etc. All cancelled. It was a bloodbath over at the CW. I think they cancelled like 4 or 5 shows.

by Anonymousreply 212May 13, 2022 5:54 AM

R212 I guess lackadaisical homosexual Kevin on Riverdale is going to need to hold down the fort. That poor cast, they desperately wanted cancellation and their show is like the only one that wasn’t. Luckily it will be year seven so their slavery contracts will be done.

by Anonymousreply 213May 13, 2022 12:43 PM

Everyone better watch Tom Swift when it premieres at the end of the month. One of the few shows on the CW with a gay male character and in the lead no less.

by Anonymousreply 214May 13, 2022 2:24 PM

The great and legendary Canadian comedy group Kids In The Hall is back. Starring the one and only, Scott Thomson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215May 13, 2022 3:07 PM

Fuck, of course it's Scott Thompson. I blame it on Friday, 13th.

by Anonymousreply 216May 13, 2022 3:09 PM

I was afraid that Scott had lost his p!

by Anonymousreply 217May 13, 2022 3:38 PM

Swiss Netflix show 'New Heights' or known as 'Neumatt' in it's original language. For some reason it's hard to find a good trailer for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 18, 2022 3:05 AM

Acorn's Signore Volpe, starring Emilia Fox, Tara Fitzgerald and Jamie Bamber, has a tragic gay themed love story in episode three.

Britbox's The Dry

[quote] Adam Richardson, as Shiv’s brother, delivers the funniest, angriest gay character since It’s a Sin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 18, 2022 4:40 AM

There's going to be a new gay show called Smiley staring cute Spanish actor Carlos Cuevas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220May 18, 2022 4:33 PM

Cuevas has to be gay, right? I mean, after Merlí...

by Anonymousreply 221May 18, 2022 4:38 PM

AFAIK he isn't r221 although this is the 5th time he has played a character who isn't straight.

by Anonymousreply 222May 18, 2022 8:09 PM

What were the others besides the two Merlí series (I assume you're counting Pol Rubio in both of those as a single character) and Leonardo?

by Anonymousreply 223May 19, 2022 2:26 AM

R223 Also Alguien tiene que morir, De Vuelta and now Smiley.

by Anonymousreply 224May 19, 2022 3:18 AM

Much obliged, R220!

[italic]dashes off to Justwatch.com . . .[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 225May 19, 2022 3:31 AM

Welcome to Esen was renewed for a second season. Hopefully this means we get to see more of the gays Eloy and Orson next season.

by Anonymousreply 226May 25, 2022 4:18 PM

Welcome to Eden*

by Anonymousreply 227May 25, 2022 4:18 PM

they really need an edit button on this site

by Anonymousreply 228May 25, 2022 9:57 PM

'Ten Percent' on Amazon Prime UK and BBC America has a couple of gay characters on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 26, 2022 2:17 AM

Hmm, Jack Davenport has become rather craggier than I expected. I guess I always assumed he'd just gain weight and come to resemble tapioca pudding with features.

by Anonymousreply 230May 26, 2022 9:31 PM

Apparently the Time Traveler's Wife. Well, sorta. A man goes back in time and blows himself.

by Anonymousreply 231May 27, 2022 3:03 AM

R231 That's not gay, it's masturbation

by Anonymousreply 232May 27, 2022 3:08 AM

UK Channel Four's Big Boys starring Derry Girls' Dylan Llewellyn, also starring Katy Wix, Camille Coduri, Annette Badland, and Sheila Reid.

Plot:

Shy, closeted Jack has spent the past year at home with his mum. He's been grieving for his father but the time has come for him to take his place at uni where he meets his roommate mature student Danny and an unlikely friendship develops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 28, 2022 3:27 PM

The Hulu series "Under the Banner of Heaven" just dropped episode 6 and it had a scene with some homo stuff. This series follows a Mormon family having issues.

Mormon Sam Worthington is questioning things and decides to check out a rogue sect that is practicing the outlawed tradition of polygamy. He is scandalized at first but one night Sam ends up in a hot tub with the leader, the leaders two wives and all four are naked. The (handsome) sect leader asks to baptize Sam into their group --after the dunking, the leader lays a very hot kiss on Sam, and Sam reciprocates.

by Anonymousreply 234May 30, 2022 1:16 AM

FYI - It is Sam Worthington the actor in "Under the Banner of Heaven" - that is not the characters name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 30, 2022 1:21 AM

Discovery+'s Trixie Motel. It's a renovation reality TV show with Trixie and her boyfriend renovating a run-down motel and getting some real glamour to Palm Springs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 4, 2022 4:46 PM

R236 No

by Anonymousreply 237June 4, 2022 4:47 PM

"The Boys" features a graphic gay sex hookup in the first scene of episode 1 of season 3, just released. Full frontal male nudity and everything. Before it all goes wrong, of course.

by Anonymousreply 238June 4, 2022 6:18 PM

R233 American here. it’s like the gay version of chewing gum? I will definitely check it out

by Anonymousreply 239June 4, 2022 6:25 PM

r239, I hope, this link helps. Although it's quite funny, overall it deals with depression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 4, 2022 6:40 PM

R240 Hopefully that show will be available somewhere to watch in the US

by Anonymousreply 241June 4, 2022 8:11 PM

R240 yes Thank you, I’m definitely checking it out. Loving the mom already from the trailer

by Anonymousreply 242June 4, 2022 8:21 PM

I'm starting to wonder if two of the actors from the Netflix show "Welcome to Eden" are dating. I'm not sure though, they could just be bffs, but they seem close.

by Anonymousreply 243June 9, 2022 5:34 AM

If I filtered this thread to yield only shows in which one of the leads is gay (not a secondary character that gets like 5 minutes per episode), in which the gay character has critical plot relevance, in which the gay character is unequivocally gay for most of the show's duration, and in which the gay character doesn't meet death or some other dismal fate in the end, how many shows would be left?

I feel like it's easy to find media with token gays, sexless gays, minstrel gays, subtextual gays, and tragic gays. But I'm looking for a gay Black Panther, a gay Fox Mulder, a gay Jean-Luc Picard.

by Anonymousreply 244June 9, 2022 6:17 AM

Are Ibon and Eloy from Welcome to Eden dating in real life? They seem.... close. I'm starting to suspect they might be something more than just bffs.

by Anonymousreply 245June 9, 2022 1:52 PM

Peacock's Queer As Folk is out now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 9, 2022 3:46 PM

R246 Is it on Peacock because it’s such a queer bird?

by Anonymousreply 247June 9, 2022 4:15 PM

R246 I am curious how many characters on that show are actually gay men

by Anonymousreply 248June 9, 2022 6:46 PM

R248 I’m sure each characteris going to be 1 letter in LGBTQIA

by Anonymousreply 249June 9, 2022 6:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 11, 2022 12:17 AM

R246

by Anonymousreply 251June 17, 2022 1:30 PM

R250 Where is that from?

by Anonymousreply 252June 17, 2022 1:31 PM

Yeah Telenovelas can at times be a mixed bag depending on the country and network on whether a gay character gets to kiss or not. Years ago Jaime Camil played a gay character on a telenovela but his character's gay kiss got cut from the show.

R252 it's from The Love Proposal.

by Anonymousreply 253June 20, 2022 10:13 AM

Amazon's The Lake has a leading gay character fighting against his wicked step-sister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 21, 2022 7:42 PM

Shortland Street recently introduced an older gay man who was just released from the hospital. Who lost his long-term boyfriend to AIDS in the early 90's.

by Anonymousreply 255June 21, 2022 8:12 PM

I'm watching My Lottery Dream Home and it has a gay couple. They're from Palatine, Illinois.

by Anonymousreply 256June 22, 2022 4:17 PM

Apple TV's Loot has Joel Kim Booster (Fire Island) play the female lead's (Maya Rudolph) gay best friend and assistant. It also stars Michaela Jaé (MJ) Rodriguez (Pose).

Maya is in great form playing a newly divorced woman, with billions at her disposal, who is reminded she has a charity foundation of her own. And her gay BFF wants her to keep partying instead of getting more involved into charity work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 24, 2022 8:05 PM

R257 We're still doing gay BFF stereotypes?

by Anonymousreply 258June 24, 2022 8:16 PM

r258, who is "we"?

by Anonymousreply 259June 24, 2022 8:19 PM

Paradise hotel (Norwegian reality show) has a gay romance this season.

by Anonymousreply 260June 25, 2022 6:26 AM

r25 But this is a gay BFF of COLOR stereotype - the ONLY type of gay people allowed on screen now.

by Anonymousreply 261June 26, 2022 11:24 AM

Disney animated shows have come a long way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 30, 2022 2:27 PM

Trixie Motel is pretty gay.

Episode six has a lifeguard competition, Leslie Jordan, porn star Nick Fitt, and special guest star, and DL favorite, Belinda Carlisle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263July 3, 2022 8:29 PM

Ugh drag queens 🙄

by Anonymousreply 264July 3, 2022 8:45 PM

R263 Yay, stereotypes

by Anonymousreply 265July 3, 2022 8:57 PM

Exactly. And a dude in speedo

by Anonymousreply 266July 3, 2022 9:21 PM

R263 Isn't that Nick Fitt who dated a masculine mental ill woman (Ftm) and said that dating them is more safe to prevent STDs than real males??

Just burn this fugly homophobe and those who promote him.

by Anonymousreply 267July 6, 2022 1:08 AM

I thought Nick Fitt got fired from his last job?

by Anonymousreply 268July 6, 2022 3:18 AM

George has a great curl pattern but it doesn’t fit him

by Anonymousreply 269July 6, 2022 3:46 AM

Netflix's new animated show Dead End: Paranormal Park has a gay lead. The show is like Gravity Falls meets The Owl House (both shows have ties to Alex Hirsch). Spooky horror for kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270July 8, 2022 9:38 AM

Ooops, sorry. Apparently the lead character is trans, not gay. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 271July 8, 2022 1:30 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 272July 8, 2022 1:34 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 273July 8, 2022 1:38 PM

R270 R271 Ah yes. People always seem to be confusing trans with gay

by Anonymousreply 274July 8, 2022 2:10 PM

Hotel Portofino

by Anonymousreply 275July 8, 2022 5:58 PM

P Valley is awesome!

by Anonymousreply 276July 9, 2022 1:34 PM

Hotel Portofino with some hot mano on mano action. Naturally not real sex or anything like it yet. But still.

by Anonymousreply 277July 11, 2022 12:26 AM

R273 R274 A waste these guys being transtapos, I hate when hot men are transtapos.

by Anonymousreply 278July 11, 2022 12:21 PM

If corny soap opera appeals to you ... The second series of "Beyond Salem" (the Days of our Lives spinoff streaming on Peacock) is playing gay character, "Paul Narita" (Christopher Sean) and the newly-introduced, legacy character, "Andrew Donovan," (being played by out actor, Colton Little). Andrew (r) told Paul (l) that he's also gay in the second episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279July 13, 2022 3:24 AM

Liz on Nip/Tuck...also Julia goes lez in one season...and Matt hooks up with a tranny!

by Anonymousreply 280July 13, 2022 3:30 AM

The Upshaws on Netflix has a gay character

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 13, 2022 4:56 AM

The FX comedy "What We Do in the Shadows" started it's 4th season yesterday, and we learn that Nandor the vampire had some "guy wives" among the 37 spouses he had as a warrior back in the 13th century. Last episode, he gets to revisit those spouses, as he is lonely and is looking to choose a mate and wants to see if one of his previous partners still holds a spark for him. Some of his male wives were pretty handsome. He ended up choosing a female.

by Anonymousreply 282July 13, 2022 7:24 PM

R282 So not a gay character, good to know

by Anonymousreply 283July 13, 2022 7:45 PM

R282 I love the show. They’re definitely playing with our minds with the Guillermo and nandor relationship.

by Anonymousreply 284July 14, 2022 1:26 AM

What about Laszlo’s past affairs

by Anonymousreply 285July 14, 2022 1:30 AM

Let's say that he's a bi character, R283.

by Anonymousreply 286July 14, 2022 2:40 AM

I'm pretty sure Guillermo is gold star gay on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287July 14, 2022 4:09 AM

Guillermo is secretly in love with Nandor. That's why he's lived with them for 13 years. Isn't it obvious?

Nandor would be considered bisexual.

Same for Lazlo, he's alluded to fucking anything.

by Anonymousreply 288July 14, 2022 7:32 AM

[quote]He ended up choosing a female.

Seems Nandor had that Indian guy kill all his exes, it appeared Nandor ended up with the woman sitting on the bench late at night. IIRC, she was out late walking her dog. Not sure, it looked like the same actress.

I can't imagine the series adding another character, this romance will likely be short lived. It also ruins the character, because part of Nandor's appeal is that's he's lonely. That's an ongoing theme.

Wasn't Nandor fucking Aida Turturro's character, but she ended up dumping him?!

by Anonymousreply 289July 14, 2022 7:39 AM

Didn’t lazlo do gay porn in his past life or was he just in porn I can’t remember

by Anonymousreply 290July 14, 2022 7:44 AM

Lazlo is a sex addict, he'd fuck a shoe.

by Anonymousreply 291July 14, 2022 8:50 AM

Rebelde season 2 will FINALLY have gays (as in male). Yay!!! Season 1 was a major disappointment as it only had lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 292July 14, 2022 10:39 AM

Technically, Rebelde has a gay character in season one, he just didn't get any gay related stories.

by Anonymousreply 293July 14, 2022 11:21 AM

Rebelde, so far, reminds me of Find Me In Paris, a kiddie romance show which had a rather neutered gay character, Jeff played by Castle Rock, who had barely any gay related storylines (but he was the comic relief glue that kept the group together for its three seasons). One was he had a crush on one of the other male cast members, which was barely acknowledged until a big dance scene where he revealed that he was over it to the guy he previously had a crush on. The other was a twist where he scored a date off camera during a betting challenge. That was it for 3 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 294July 14, 2022 11:41 AM

Isn't Queer as Folk back, in a reboot, but with younger characters?

by Anonymousreply 295July 14, 2022 6:43 PM

Trailer for season 2 of the Rebelde reboot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296July 15, 2022 2:17 PM

r296. Thank you for sharing. Looks to me, Rebelde is becoming edgier, like Elite.

by Anonymousreply 297July 15, 2022 2:36 PM

Gay storyline on Canadian show SkyMed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298July 18, 2022 9:34 PM

As we prepare to say goodbye to long-term couple, Aaron and David, this coming week as "Neighbours" comes to an end, controversy arises.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299July 22, 2022 10:33 PM

Interview with the Vampire seems like it'll be pretty gay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300July 23, 2022 10:04 PM

[quote]Interview with the Vampire seems like it'll be pretty gay

Oh it has Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm from GOT)....I completely forgot about him

by Anonymousreply 301July 23, 2022 10:07 PM

Interview with a vampire looks good. I hate the CW music they used for the trailer

by Anonymousreply 302July 23, 2022 10:42 PM

Thai BL show KinnPorsche. Unfortunately have no idea how to watch it with subtitles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303July 26, 2022 3:32 AM

The Italian Netflix series Di4ries (Diaries) looks to have a gay storyline. The characters are suppose to be around 12 or 13 but look a bit older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304July 27, 2022 2:45 AM

[quote]The Italian Netflix series Di4ries (Diaries) looks to have a gay storyline. The characters are suppose to be around 12 or 13 but look a bit older.

Yeah, they seem to be around 14-15ish, but this is an age when one year makes a big difference in appearance.

Not to sound like a pedo, but the main actor Andrea Arru is going to break a lot of hearts if he manages to keep his looks after puberty. Reminds me of Pietro Boselli.

by Anonymousreply 305July 27, 2022 8:53 AM

Here you go r303.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306July 27, 2022 5:33 PM

The gay storyline on Rebelde was abysmal. Just so you are warned. I haven't watched it but somebody else did. Nothing really gay happened until the end of the season apparently.

by Anonymousreply 307July 28, 2022 5:50 PM

Argentina, tierra de amor y venganza 2. Renato Quattordio will be playing a gay character(his third time time playing a not straight character) in this show when it comes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308July 29, 2022 4:11 AM

Renato Quattordio is cute r308. I remember when he played a closeted gay character on Simona.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309July 29, 2022 4:51 AM

I guess the new season of the Are you Afraid of the Dark reboot has a gay character.

[quote]Luca [Padovan] plays Leo, who's the first canonically gay character in Are You Afraid of the Dark? history. That's an iconic role, and I'm glad it went to him. [It's] rightfully deserved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310August 4, 2022 4:18 AM

I loved Are You Afraid of the Dark as a kid

by Anonymousreply 311August 4, 2022 12:31 PM

Skymed on Paramount+

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312August 8, 2022 7:52 PM

Tom Swift

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313August 10, 2022 1:42 PM

Tom Swift already got cancelled

by Anonymousreply 314August 10, 2022 3:07 PM

Wedding Season on Hulu, September 8th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315August 12, 2022 1:50 AM

The FX show "What We Do in the Shadows" had been teasing that minion-to-vampires Guillermo could be a gay man since the show first aired. He confirmed it in the last episode. No boyfriend as yet....

by Anonymousreply 316August 17, 2022 6:15 PM

Does that shadow show have any actual gay characters, or just this one who only now is coming out?

by Anonymousreply 317August 18, 2022 1:57 AM

No gay characters, but two of the other three male leads have been confirmed to have fooled around with men, and the third is now their nightclub's main attraction singing musical theatre standards on stage.

by Anonymousreply 318August 18, 2022 9:49 PM

Is there any show that a gay character has a major role? This year was pretty weak in gay male rep.

by Anonymousreply 319August 19, 2022 6:07 AM

R319 Indeed it has been bad. Lesbians are everywhere while gay male characters are nowhere to be found.

by Anonymousreply 320August 20, 2022 8:35 AM

R318 There are a few shows with good gay male representation though, where the gay characters are major characters and central to the story: Sex Education, Elite, Heartstopper and Young Royals. You also have that fun little pirate show Our Flag Means Death with 4 gay male characters, two of them main characters.

by Anonymousreply 321August 20, 2022 8:54 AM

[quote] Is there any show that a gay character has a major role?

Just of the top of my head: Netflix Uncoupled, CW's Tom Swift (as mentioned got canceled), Peacock's Queer As Folk, Netflix's Heartstopper, ITV's The Long Call. Surely, there are more.

by Anonymousreply 322August 20, 2022 9:03 AM

P Valley. Duh 🙄

by Anonymousreply 323August 20, 2022 12:23 PM

To be fair, R321, some of those characters are probably bi. The main character is married and has kids, after all.

by Anonymousreply 324August 20, 2022 3:21 PM

In love bi male characters

by Anonymousreply 325August 20, 2022 3:23 PM

R322, there's also The Gilded Age on HBO

by Anonymousreply 326August 20, 2022 6:08 PM

R324 Have you watched the show? There's no way Stede is even remotely bi. He is gay. He clearly didn't want a wife or kids.

by Anonymousreply 327August 20, 2022 7:58 PM

R326 If you want to watch a show with unhappy closeted gays

by Anonymousreply 328August 20, 2022 9:57 PM

What was that series with the campy gay kid actor? Both the character and the young actor were gay.

This series was cancelled after a few episodes. Think this series was aired about 2 years ago. The young male actor was American of Persian or Arab descent.

The kid is now trans and presents as female, not sure if he got his cock chopped off. I recently saw him on another series, I assumed he was simply in drag, then I read he's now trans.

by Anonymousreply 329August 20, 2022 10:57 PM

R329 The name of the show was Champions and person you are talking about is J.J.Totah now knows as Josie Totah.

by Anonymousreply 330August 20, 2022 11:27 PM

"Locke & Key" season 3 features a gay uncle, his fiancé, and a gay wedding.

by Anonymousreply 331August 21, 2022 1:42 AM

(also, the lead character, the older brother, is played by an out gay actor, even if the character is straight)

by Anonymousreply 332August 21, 2022 1:42 AM

R331 He's only in a few episodes though.

by Anonymousreply 333August 21, 2022 3:08 AM

Steven is returning to (new) Dynasty for that series' final episode next month.

by Anonymousreply 334August 21, 2022 3:09 AM

Gay storyline from Mexico. You can watch it on Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335August 24, 2022 2:54 PM

I haven't watched it myself but Netflix thumbnails seems to be indicating that the Spanish show 'The Girl in the Mirror' has gay male characters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336August 26, 2022 10:25 PM

The Girl In The Mirror has a gay storyline. It's a Netflix show. It's a Spanish (as in from Spain) show, so you know there will be kissing and sex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337August 27, 2022 7:59 AM

From the spanish show Alma (English title Girl in the Mirror)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338August 27, 2022 8:00 AM

The gay storyline on High Heat (Netflix) in R335 was cute, don't get me wrong, but it pissed me off that the gay couple was the ONLY couple that didn't get a sex scene. The lesbians, the throuple, the straights... ALL got several sex scenes. But the gays didn't. Other than that the storyline was very romantic and cute, with some obvious telenovela tropes (why are telenovela women always so crazy and obsessed?)

by Anonymousreply 339August 27, 2022 8:19 AM

I watched the Spanish show Alma. It was very good imo. Eerie and creepy and I loved the darkness. The nature shots were beautiful as well. Spain has some gorgeous scenery. I liked the storyline a lot.... until the ending. I fucking HATED the ending. Of COURSE there had to be a fucking plot twist. I hope it gets a second season and the writers can untangle this mess.

by Anonymousreply 340August 27, 2022 8:27 AM

Luka and Okane from Rebelde

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341August 27, 2022 11:25 AM

The new Netflix show Partner Track has a gay character, but there isn't anything good with him unfortunately. It also features hottie Zane Phillips who's relegated to basically a background character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342August 27, 2022 3:33 PM

"The Old Guard" on Netflix is a movie with gay male characters... literally the only couple and the only kissing you see in what is otherwise an action flick.

by Anonymousreply 343August 27, 2022 4:56 PM

Pol Monen (Bruno from the tv show Alma) is very dreamy. The pics don't do him justice. He was much hotter on screen. Great actor too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344August 27, 2022 5:40 PM

These Netflix shows are shit. Do better, gays!

by Anonymousreply 345August 27, 2022 9:19 PM

I don't know how to communicate you how much I don't give a shit about spanish telenovelas. Eliminate those and this is a pretty short thread. And I really wish you'd just eliminate those. Stop it. Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 346August 27, 2022 11:44 PM

I am grateful that the thread includes international TV shows from, say, Mexico (Netflix's La Casa de las Flores, for example) or Spain (Netflix's Elite, for example).

by Anonymousreply 347August 28, 2022 12:09 AM

It does sometimes feel like a majority of the good gay male stuff comes from foreign television

by Anonymousreply 348August 28, 2022 1:08 AM

Ghosts has gay characters (both the American and British versions)

by Anonymousreply 349August 28, 2022 1:18 AM

Maybe ask yourself why we include telenovelas and tv shows from overseas. It's because American tv shows do a horrible job portraying gay men. Gay male characters are either a) neutered b) stereotypes or c) barely there (as in getting a minimal amount of screentime). Of course there are exceptions, like the reboot of QAF. But most of the time American tv shows care more about portraying breeders and dykes. Netflix (and especially foreign Netflix) happen to do a much better job, at least they include gays and give them storylines. Not all Netflix show are good, but they still get an A+ for including gay male characters.

by Anonymousreply 350August 28, 2022 6:31 AM

R349 I watched two episodes of Ghosts (US) recently. Who are the gay male characters? I didn't pick up on anything.

by Anonymousreply 351August 28, 2022 7:46 AM

r351, it is Isaac played by Brandon Scott Jones. Warning, link features spoilers for those who have not yet seen the entire first season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352August 28, 2022 11:54 AM

Isaac has a love interest, too!

by Anonymousreply 353August 28, 2022 4:05 PM

In the last episode of "What We Do In The Shadows", we met Guillermo's boyfriend Freddie, who flew in from the UK to visit for the weekend. The BF is a pretty decent looking guy, who kind of looks like a less femme Jack McBrayer. Nandor sees the upbeat, smiling and personable BF and HE gets feelings for him too. Nandor gets his djinn to change his wife Marwa into a clone of Freddie, and soon Nandor and FreddieClone are cuddling on a couch where Nandor tickles Freddie's nipple with a feather. Of course, Gizmo is not amused - he doesn't want to "share" his lover with Nandor.

The episode ends with Freddie going home, and Nandor deciding that his Freddie needs to not be around to torment Gizmo. Last scene is Gizmo arriving in the UK to surprise Freddie, but it turns sour when he spies BOTH Freddie's on a street corner, holding hands.

NOTE: Unless I blinked and missed it, none of these couples kiss each other, which is a bummer.

by Anonymousreply 354September 1, 2022 12:31 AM

Since the 3rd season of Stargirl just started and I hadn't heard this, it looks like they're finally adding a gay character with Obsidian played by gay (or queer or whatever) actor Tim Gabriel. Obsidian is gay in the comics. Not sure when in the season he shows up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355September 1, 2022 3:17 AM

House of the Dragon, HBO's new GOT spinoff, had a gay character introduced in episode 5 this past Sunday. The lead female character got engaged and her soon-to-be-husband has a male lover. They had a sweet scene in some sand dunes, and lips touched.

If you follow the show, you know the story, but I won't say anything more for anyone who is not up to this episode yet.

by Anonymousreply 356September 23, 2022 3:38 AM

On Emmerdale, teen Arthur just got outed, then came out to his mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357December 14, 2022 9:13 PM

The reboot of "Waterloo Road" (BBC) has a gay married couple named Joe Casey and Mike Rutherford. They have two foster boys.

"Joe" (played by James Baxter) is one of the deputy headteachers at the school, while "Mike" (played by Ryan Clayton) is the local police sergeant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358January 9, 2023 5:34 AM

And among the students on "Waterloo Road," we know that "Kai" is gay, but not sure how things will go with "Preston." He's the popular captain of the basketball team, and after his girlfriend breaks up with him, he drunkenly kisses Kai.

"Kai Sharif" is played by Danny Lewis. "Preston Walters" is played by Noah Valentine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359January 9, 2023 5:49 AM

Hmm ... Are we about to have another generation go gay or bisexual on Hollyoaks?

Lucas' father, Ste, is one of the gays in the village, and Ste's father, Danny, was bisexual. .. Aunt Peri is also bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360January 21, 2023 4:49 AM

Doctors (BBC).

Nurse Luca McIntyre might have a new man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361February 15, 2023 8:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!