Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are the current TV shows with gay male characters? Part 5

For those who are locked out of Part 4 (which is now open for subscribers only).

by Anonymousreply 17Last Wednesday at 11:02 PM

Sorry, I meant that only subscribers can post comments in Part 4.

by Anonymousreply 102/21/2021

Tres Caminos has a closeted gay character.

by Anonymousreply 202/21/2021

Amazon Prime Exclusive has a released a new Spanish Teen horror drama mystery show that features gay, lesbian, and bi characters. However, no gay content, a brief bi encounter on screen, and - of course - lesbian romance between two young girls. The gays have some non-gay related screen time.

However, the show has so many hot guys, a lot of shirtless scenes, a few brief ass shots and the overall drama, horror and mystery is pretty great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302/21/2021

Netflix's The Irregulars has a gay character twist.

The show can be described as a teen version of Penny Dreadful with a bit of Doctor Who in it. Maybe even some Bidgerton if you consider its diverse cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403/27/2021

Lesbians are a dime a dozen these days. Easier to list shows that DON'T have some lesbian character somewhere in there.

I was surprised that the animated "The Great North" show on FOX Sundays had a matter-of-fact, no-big-deal gay teen storyline, where this girl has a crush on this new guy, and asks him to the equivalent to the Sadie Hawkins dance, but he only has eyes for her brother, and when she goes to the bathroom at the dance, the new guy and the brother hook up and make out on the dance floor. Nobody says a thing about it other than the girl being upset her "date" likes someone else.

I was kind of impressed by that. Of course, since then, they haven't really touched on that character's sexuality and the 'new guy' hasn't really been seen much since. But still.

by Anonymousreply 503/27/2021

R3, I just binged the whole 8 episode first season this weekend. It's a nice enough mystery show but is pretty slim on the gay and lesbian front. I mean there's little there but people shouldn't expect much. I enjoyed the show for the mystery and for the hot guys, and actually probably the hottest and the nastiest man in the show is gay, although he has zero gay scenes. Still, it gave his character depth.

I assume the leads were meant to be teenagers but at least some, like Manuel and Paul, are played by people in their mid 20s, and that's just fine by me. BTW, the show is classified for 16+ here so it's not exactly a teen show.

A special mention for the many VPL's of Joel Bosqued who plays a music teacher. It's so rare to see proper trouser snakes on TV shows these days that I had to take a second look when he showed it the first time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 604/04/2021

Amazon's animated series Invincible has a gay character. He is pretty much a gay version of Stiles from MTV's Teen Wolf, the non-super human BFF sidekick of the lead (a frustrated teen who has a superhero as dad).

It's a pretty funny show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 704/09/2021

Follow-up to r7. The character is voiced by DL fave Andrew Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 804/09/2021

Netflix's Shadow & Bone

SPOILER: The gunslinger Jesper, Kit Young, makes out with a stable boy in episode 5.

by Anonymousreply 904/25/2021

Watching Who Killed Sara reminded me of another tv show from Mexico with a gay storyline. El Juego De Las Llaves is an Amazon prime show from Mexico. Valentin is the hot gay character. It ended with him getting fucked on a pool table and his wife walking in on them.

I knew it had been renewed for season 2 but hadn't heard anything else, so I googled it. Apparently season 2 doesn't have a premiere date, just that it will be sometime in 2021. The article also talked about a season 3, so I assume it's been renewed for at least two more seasons. PS: it also features Maite Perroni, famous from RBD. She's a queen. Love her.

Here is the trailer for season 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1005/22/2021

MODOK has a gay character. He kisses his partner in the finale episode.

by Anonymousreply 1105/22/2021

Hap and Leonard, on Netflix.

One of the main characters is gay, with a boyfriend. And yes, they fuck.

by Anonymousreply 1205/22/2021

This summer should be good. A couple of weeks until the second season of Love Victor, then there's the Gossip Girl reboot in July.

by Anonymousreply 1305/30/2021

One of the minor characters in Panic is gay and making out with a guy in episode four. The show has some hot male eye candy with Mike Faist, Ray Nicholson, Bryce Cass (13 Reasons Why), Jordan Elsass (from Superman and Lois) and hot daddy Enrique Murciano.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1405/30/2021

The new Gossip Girl trailer looks interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1506/10/2021

The Australian murder mystery show Eden features gay (and lesbian) characters. It stars AHS' Cody Fern and Keiynan Lonsdale (The Flash, Love Simon).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1606/10/2021

Don't know if it counts, but Netflix's campy soap The House of Flowers is back as a movie special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17Last Wednesday at 11:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!