Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you artistic?

Does anyone here like to paint, sculpt, etc?

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 4:24 AM

I'm autistic.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2021 8:55 PM

I was a good painter when I was younger, but somehow I don't have the time or patience now.

So I'm a good photographer, I photograph wildlife with a digital camera. It's fun, and does't require as long an attention span!

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2021 9:24 PM

I'd like to try photography but all the good cameras seem to cost a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2021 10:41 PM

I draw....I use a digital tablet (wacom cintiq)....

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2021 10:50 PM

How much do those tablets run R4?

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2021 10:52 PM

[quote] I'd like to try photography but all the good cameras seem to cost a fortune.

R3, if you have one, why not just use your phone camera? I have a little bit of background in photography and find that the pictures I've taken with my phone are really good, actually.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2021 10:56 PM

Yes, I free hand draw almost all day for a living.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2021 11:03 PM

R5 Mine was about 2500....A Wacom Cintiq 24 hd---I use Photoshop CS5 with it...........You can find a nice cheaper drawing tablet model. I have happily sketched on my Ipad (using the Procreate App)---I am not a fan of the Apple Photoshop App just because I was so happy with procreate....

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2021 11:04 PM

R3, my first digital camera was a used Nikon pocket camera, I got it off of ebay for $90.

It was simple, I asked google what the "best pocket cameras" were, then I scanned ebay for cheap models. I bought used and gave it a go. I still have the original pocket camera and FYI it still works, although after a couple of years I upgraded to a mid-range camera that had a bigger zoom and settings intended for wildlife and bird photography. It cost $500 and is three years old right now, I consider it money well spent.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2021 11:04 PM

Oh yeah, my camera phones are crap and totally inadequate. But then, I don't have an iphone.

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2021 11:07 PM

Mildly. But only mildly.

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2021 11:18 PM

[quote] Yes, I free hand draw almost all day for a living.

R7, what do you do for a living?

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 5:14 AM

I need a creative outlet because I think it might help my mental health but I need one that doesn't cost a fortune to get into.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 10:06 AM

R13 = Drawing is free. There are lots of DIY Craft videos on Youtube. Sewing is not bad. Just look for something you might enjoy. Learn to mix music (using your computer) and there is cheap software you can buy. Video editing is easy once you get the hang of it.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 12:41 PM

Decoupage!

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 1:45 PM

To the point of measurable harm.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 1:57 PM

I was a fantastic singer. Then puberty hit me like a ton of bricks right on the throat.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 1:59 PM

Yes. I've been drawing and painting in various media since I've been a child and it's always been at the center of my life in some way. Many years ago as an adult, I played four different musical instruments, although not that well, but it was a fun endeavor. I still play piano, but only for my own self enjoyment.

When I was much younger, I attended a well known art school part-time while working full-time in order to pay for it, and it paved the way for my career in graphic design.

I've had some of my drawings displayed in a nationally known publisher of art instruction and media showcase books, which was was a nice accomplishment. I used to enter in my work in regional art shows and but I never made any money, and eventually lost interest because of the time and effort required.

With Covid you'd think I'd be painting more than ever, but the opposite has happened; I feel so down because of everything, that I have no motivation anymore.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 2:13 PM

R12, I'm a landscape architect.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 2:21 PM

I draw everyday for a living as well. Storyboards for advertising and a children’s comic book series. I also teach art and drawing.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 2:26 PM

R1 me too, high-functioning Asperger’s. I write short stories, monologues, and sometimes poetry/lyrics (getting back into the latter after a long hiatus) that are very well-received. I have won awards.

Thanks to good schooling and a scoche of ability, I can also paint and sing rather well, but I rarely do, due to lack of interest.

Conversely I enjoy playing music (the flute, mostly), but I’m not very good. Funnily enough, I have a Dramatic Art degree, yet I am a dreadful stage actress and have no ability to dance whatsoever (still not sure how I passed, think it was down to term papers and a play I wrote).

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 2:42 PM

I play guitar and piano and love to compose songs for fun. I write (TV) as a profession and have published two novels.

But damn I wish I could paint! Can't even draw a credible stick figure.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 4:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!