Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Maxus Life Home V90 Villa Edition

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2021 2:42 PM

“ When thinking of way to make an RV larger, most people think longer. Some imagine a wider motorhome. But the Chinese engineers behind the SAIC Maxus Life Home V90 Villa Edition had a different idea: why not extend upward? They didn't imagine just a simple pop-up roof, either, but a full-fledged upper level with a walk-out deck.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2021 7:34 PM

It's cool.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2021 7:52 PM

It looks smaller than my in-law's motor home behemoth. What does it get -- 20 gallons to the mile?

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2021 7:55 PM

This would only be viable if you manipulated your company or not-for-profit into purchasing it for you.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2021 8:02 PM

R4 Or steal $53,000,000 from a small midwestern town over the course of 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2021 8:04 PM

I'll never understand the desire some people have to drive their toilet and kitchen and bed around in a vehicle as big and as beautiful as a bus.

Where can you park such a thing for the night but in shitty campsites filled with shitty people, or maybe a WalMart parking lot for close encounters with those shitty people? It's a great pleasure I'm sure to drive though old cities and small villages and narrow backroads, but I get you get to know the menus of regional highway franchise joints.

And the pleasure of doing your own cooking and washing your own dishes, and that of cleaning your toilet system, and battening everything down so contents don't "settle" during transportation.

The life of luxury!

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2021 8:06 PM

ROAD TRIP!

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2021 8:07 PM

If the motors that control the side and top extensions break while they are up or out, you're screwed and ain't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2021 8:14 PM

I’ll drive my own pee

And I’ll make it glow

My pee will not be just one that glows

My pee will up truck weight

when strangers go by

If you’re a stranger,

brother, well so am I

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2021 8:14 PM

I've always thought it would be fun to go on a four or five day vacation in an RV.

Once.

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2021 8:20 PM

For $413K you can buy a nice getaway place most anywhere that will appreciate in value. This looks like a lot of wasted space to me

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2021 8:38 PM

The DIY sprinter van modification forums consistently feature “swing-out” or “pull-out” kitchen systems - there’s a ventilation/temperature trade-off in smaller vehicles.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2021 8:51 PM

400 Gs for that little thing. No way Jose. I'd much rather have a Winnebago. For that kind of money you can get a big fine class A motor home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2021 9:10 PM

R13, that requires a different class of drivers’ license - you can’t just throw money at a toy, you have to put in the work for an RV.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2021 9:13 PM

Try getting that through the Lincoln Tunnel.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2021 9:20 PM

You only need a special license if your motor home is over 26,000 lbs. and many Class A homes are under that weight.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2021 9:23 PM

Have any of you done a road trip in an RV? Where did you go?

I'd love to later in life.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2021 10:14 PM

I road tripped with two friends from Seattle to Key West over the course of a summer. My good friend and I happened to align on starting/stopping new jobs and built in a big window in between. We were in our thirties . . . thought about renting a place in the Algarve or Amalfi coast or Croatia. For some reason, a road trip was calling. Then her cousin, a trust funder with no real job or ambition, came with us.

I've been all over the world and this was by far one of the best times of my life. We stopped wherever we wanted, took our time, stayed three or four nights in places we loved. Kept driving if we didn't like the look/feel of a place.

We did go out for nice meals and out to bars quite a bit, though.

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2021 10:28 PM

I’d buy it if I had the money. Perfect for camping trips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2021 6:16 AM

Oom-goh Jo-yo Jeh!

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2021 6:38 AM

The upstairs would get extremely hot in the sun. Not sure how usable a second floor would really be, maybe as a spare bedroom if your hubby snores. I would be afraid you could smell the toilet like a port a potty.

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2021 7:19 AM

That's top-heavy, it would roll over and wouldn't make it through a freeway underpass.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2021 7:38 AM

Damn you R22 - those two things were exactly what I was going to say. You can just see some idiot dummy toppling it and or knocking the top layer off on a low underpass and then looking all shocked.

Are you hot?

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2021 9:01 AM

R18 that sounds brilliant fun!

I've driven and backpacked across all of Europe and it was the best education I've ever had.

If I was the British Prime Minister, I would rejoin the EU, give every 18-21 year old an Interail pass, £1000 and make it compulsory for them to backpack around Europe for a month.

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2021 9:20 AM

400K for a load of Chinese crap!

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2021 9:45 AM

I think that thing is ridiculous, as is the price.

Go get a Casita Trailer. Google it.

For RVs, always go American (USA), unless you

are not located in North America...Then you

are out of luck.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2021 12:59 PM

We may not have your gas guzzling RVs here

But our all electric motorhomes are a sight for sore eyes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2021 1:33 PM

$413,000 = 1180 nights in a hotel room at $350/night, or 3.25 years at respectably good hotels. And the staff makes your bed and cleans the toilet for you.

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2021 2:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!