Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joel Osteen

He is not like your typical evangelist. His is a positive, feel good message, inclusive of everyone. I always make time to watch him every Sunday. Once Covid is over, I hope he brings, a Night of Hope back to San Francisco again soon. The 2015 celebration was a not to be missed experience.

by Anonymousreply 44February 23, 2021 6:24 AM

I used to think he was sexy but I think he’s an evil man and no longer sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2021 5:21 AM

No one EVER thought Tammy Faye Baker's husband Jim Baker was SEXY.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2021 5:24 AM

Joel Osteen could still get it but I’m no longer going to watch his show just to drool over him.

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2021 5:30 AM

The lesbian's who currently own Jim and Tammy Faye's condo in Palm Springs will be putting it on the market before long.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2021 5:30 AM

One would think you'd have had enough of con men by now, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2021 5:43 AM

He’s a salesman selling a product. And he’s damn good at it. The guy is a millionaire several times over. (A hundred times over, IIRC.) For all the preaching he does, it’d be nice to see him put his money where his mouth is. But I doubt that’ll happen anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2021 5:44 AM

If people are stupid enough to give Joel Osteen their money I can’t really feel bad for them.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2021 5:50 AM

Any updates on that mustachioed son of his?

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2021 6:01 AM

OP, does your doctor know you've stopped your meds?

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2021 6:04 AM

He son, Jonathan is super hot, but sadly, I haven't been him recently.

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2021 6:05 AM

He’s not as hot as his daddy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2021 6:09 AM

He's foul. The "prosperity gospel" is false. He's a hypocrite. And no OP, it's not open to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2021 6:12 AM

He's a slimy televangelist. How do people stupid enough to follow him in any way even continue to exist in the world? I'm surprised they don't forget to breathe or drown in rainstorms.

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2021 6:13 AM

He's such a fugly weirdo, what do you see in him OP?

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2021 6:13 AM

I’d love to have dirty nasty sex with him. I’d let him angrily fuck me like the sinner he’d no doubt think I am. Religious guys are hot fucks.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2021 6:18 AM

The only think I would want to do with him R15 is shit in his mouth and watch him eat it.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2021 6:22 AM

He's an anti-gay, prosperity gospel heresy spewing, evangelical. Some of you guys are either trills or insane.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2021 6:30 AM

Trills or trolls, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2021 6:32 AM

All of religion is a scam. It's all bs because you could get the same release of neurotransmitters by meditating for free or running in the woods or hugging your child. If this system in which another person works to trigger your neurons to fire up that good stuff is beneficial to you, then I see no problem with you paying for it. It's a service no different than having a life coach. Joel just appears to be charging premium rates.

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2021 6:56 AM

This one made me chuckle a lot back in the day.

"HOUSTON, TX—Although Joel Osteen took flak over the weekend for closing up his church to flood victims and all but disappearing during the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the megachurch pastor reportedly returned to the city on his luxury yacht “S.S. Blessed” to make amends Tuesday by tossing copies of Your Best Life Now to stranded flood survivors."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2021 7:09 AM

His son, Jonathan, doesn’t look his. Jonathan looks Hispanic.

by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2021 11:21 AM

He's had too much "dental work." No more, no more! He's about to cross that line....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2021 1:20 PM

What the fuck is wrong with you people - during the hurricane in Houston he refused to open his church to offer shelter to people - kind of the opposite of what a Christian should do. He is a slimy dirt bag getting rich off of his flock - what pastor should have millions of dollars and a private jet?

by Anonymousreply 23February 21, 2021 1:27 PM

R20, More from your link: Osteen also paused for brief photo ops with several families, the smiling pastor briefly allowing them to board his yacht as his professional photography team got shots of the pastor together with the sobbing, distraught flood victims, though the pastor was careful to not stand too close to the mud-caked refugees.

Sources confirmed that the pastor then had his assistants help the families back into their makeshift lifeboats or tree logs on which they were floating through the city.

Once thought his motivational speeches inspirational, although I would NEVER send him any money. Now I realize he's a selfish, self-righteous 100% phony.

Most preachers/pastors spend time visiting the sick & distraught, counseling the needy and connecting them to community resources. Some churches serve as informal employment agencies or centers for AA meetings. Osteen is an example of what's wrong with some of today's spiritual leaders.

by Anonymousreply 24February 21, 2021 1:32 PM

BabylonBee is a satire site.

by Anonymousreply 25February 21, 2021 1:58 PM

I'm satire intolerant.

by Anonymousreply 26February 21, 2021 2:02 PM

He's a rightwing homophobe.

Can't belleve that people on this board would like him.

Sick.

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2021 2:07 PM

Well, I can't belleve it's not butter.

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2021 2:08 PM

He wouldn't open his church, which is the size of a stadium, to help flood victims of Hurricane Harvey. Meanwhile, mosques around Houston opened up to provide shelter and help, even on a muslim holiday.

And where is he now, with so many Texans in dire straits?

But oh, you bet, as soon as they are ready to drop cash into his collection baskets, he'll be open for business again.

Tell me again what there is to admire about him?

by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote] Well, I can't belleve it's not butter.

Spread.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2021 2:12 PM

He’s a total charlatan. His “prosperity gospel” is really “prosperity for me!” gospel. He lives in a McMansion in River Oaks (Houston’s original, and continuing “ high society “ neighborhood. He is constantly hawking some sort of shit, gets paid a fortune for his touring shows and syndicated services, and generally using religion as a means to make himself richer.

At least he learned a little something from his hurricane Harvey PR disaster and opened the church as a warming station during the horrible freeze this past week.

by Anonymousreply 31February 21, 2021 2:24 PM

The son has his mother's features. He'll grow up to be handsome. And Matt Gaetz might move to Texas and join Lakewood.

by Anonymousreply 32February 21, 2021 2:30 PM

[quote] The son has his mother's features.

How do you know he doesn't have his father's features (whomever his father may be)?

by Anonymousreply 33February 21, 2021 2:34 PM

Every ten years or so there's another televangelist scam artist who comes along. Different suit, different medium, different face, same scam.

They all get caught after questions are raised about either inappropriate financial management or about sexual indiscretions.

It surprises me how people forget the past and follow whatever new televangelist comes along.

by Anonymousreply 34February 21, 2021 2:41 PM

I don't know her!

by Anonymousreply 35February 21, 2021 2:48 PM

Con Man, that is not aging well. He has mastered soothing speech that is rhetorical for the purpose of manipulation to get more revenue into his pockets.

by Anonymousreply 36February 21, 2021 3:08 PM

I don't think Jesus owned two mansions.

by Anonymousreply 37February 21, 2021 3:15 PM

The bullshit "prosperity gospel" is the antithesis of everything Jesus Christ was about. I don't know how people can overlook that.

by Anonymousreply 38February 21, 2021 3:19 PM

It's an EST, that's how...

by Anonymousreply 39February 21, 2021 3:25 PM

The disclaimer at the beginning of his Sunday show says that it's a paid program- like an infomercial?

by Anonymousreply 40February 21, 2021 3:35 PM

He had gayface for days when he was younger. I always thought his wife was pretty but has a heavy dark brow, which looks good on their son. As far as preachers go I never minded Osteen. But they're all hypocrites and small minded.

by Anonymousreply 41February 23, 2021 5:46 AM

I hope you're being "funny" OP and not serious.

This clown, like all TV evangelists and mega church preachers, is a con man.

by Anonymousreply 42February 23, 2021 5:58 AM

He's a slimy snake oil salesman who bilks gullible people out of their money so he can live like a king. He is scum.

by Anonymousreply 43February 23, 2021 6:21 AM

What r43 said. And that hair...

by Anonymousreply 44February 23, 2021 6:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!