Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Right-wing witchhunt against Emmy Award-winning statesman Andrew Cuomo goes into full gear

Spare me the freezepeach crap and get rid of the goddamn GOP. We literally cannot take one more election cycle of this shit. If you are not a Democrat, then you are a terrorist. Period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 6, 2021 3:24 AM

It’s not just the right. The left is going after him too. There is a very small group of people who are, for some reason, still defending him.

He’s gotta go. He should have resigned days ago.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2021 9:39 PM

Then they're not real leftists, just wolves in cheap clothing.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2021 9:40 PM

Trump 💀 500,000 💀 Pence

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2021 9:43 PM

Trump just got acquitted of the very planned murder of the Vice-President and the Speaker of the House, among others, R1.

If you're too fucking stupid/boneheaded/right wing fascist to get it, I can't help your sorry fucking ass.

And don't give me any regurgitated Republican talking points about fucking morality. The Republican Party knows nothing about morality and apparently neither do you.

Give the faux outrage and sanctimonious pontificating a god damned rest, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2021 9:44 PM

Literally everything wrong with this country since 1854 has been the GOP's fault with absolutely no exception. There are no good Republicans, not even Lincoln. Trump got off easy as long has he hasn't gotten the state execution he has earned a million times over. Just for this, we'll keep impeaching him and impeaching him and impeaching him until we find something — anything — we can convict him with. You threaten to give Joe Biden so much as a traffic ticket and you fucking deplorables won't live to see the midterms. it's time to start treating the Trump-supporting traitor states like enemy territory and invade them.

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2021 9:48 PM

Cuomo made a bad decision. It was chaos in March and he didn’t know how to handle it. Fine. Everyone fucked up. But he lied about it, covered it up, and gave his rich donors who owned the nursing homes immunity so no one could go after them. That was AFTER he made the decision to send people there to die. It’s a huge scandal.

As far as him threatening the state rep from Queens-that’s nothing new. Everyone in New York knows that Cuomo governs like he’s Michael Corleone.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote] Everyone in New York knows that Cuomo governs like he’s Michael Corleone.

You mean the central character in two of the greatest movies ever?

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2021 9:51 PM

One of my first Halloween costumes was as Vito Corleone. I even put cotton balls in my mouth and tennis balls in my underpants.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2021 9:54 PM

There’s no way he’s resigning.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2021 9:56 PM

God, what a sucker you are, OP. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2021 9:58 PM

Cuomo continually pleaded everyday on television for federal aid and when he got it in the form of the USS Comfort with 1,000 beds and PPE equipment which arrived with great fanfare he sent it sailing 3 weeks later underutilized at the same time he mandated that sick nursing home patients be taken care of in nursing homes instead of using the USS Comfort and/or the Javits Center that had 1,500 beds that were hardly used. What a blunder!

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2021 10:03 PM

And the Republican Party shills and hacks have arrived @R10 and R11, patting themselves on the back by WW themselves.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2021 10:11 PM

I never bought into the hype surrounding him last year. He struck me as a blatant opportunist. While his press conferences did provide substantive information, they also seemed very self serving. Him calling celebrities during these conferences? Yeah, no. I’m not surprised by any of this.

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2021 10:11 PM

I'm with you R4 Get over yourself R1

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2021 10:14 PM

Republicans (and Democrats) are idiots. If they choose a circular firing squad, go for it.

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2021 10:16 PM

R11 it makes no sense at all. I can’t see what anyone gained from that decision, unless they didn’t have the staff needed at those sites?

There were also some elderly care facilities co-located with homes for the mentally and physically disabled and covid patients were sent there too. There were some truly horrific articles about it all.

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2021 10:16 PM

[quote] God, what a sucker you are, OP. Pathetic.

Only suckers believe in Fox News or question the validity of mainstream media.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2021 10:18 PM

Now OP is what a real Republican troll looks like. It's not someone who disagrees with you. It's someone who takes such a stupidly extreme position that they're clearly trying to harm the image of the group they claim to represent.

I guarantee you OP is posting a link on Parler to his own post saying "see, the libtards want to silence us all".

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2021 10:18 PM

I'm in NYS and promise that covid was just starting, so no one knew wtf to do. We barely cancelled the parade and it was last minute. If he indeed was beholding to rich donors, then this is a problem, but I need to see that proof because I don't recall alternative solutions in March. The pleas for extra equipment and places to treat weren't right away.

I sincerely will support going after him if it's warranted, but then I want to metaphorically see GOP blood for covering covid for 3 months. How many nursing home patients were dying in January, while several Republicans traded stocks before disclosing covid was even a thing?

I know I may sound petty, but I don't care because I'm sick of the GOP getting away with everything, while the left is held to greater standards. If it's now a crime to not disclose covid info (which isn't a problem, I agree), befitting of resignation, there's quite a few Republicans that need to go immediately as well. I don't even care for Coumo either, I just see what's really going on.

Fuck the GOP with this rabid hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2021 10:26 PM

I'm just in awe this country didn't care about them trading away their fucking stocks for 3 fucking months, while sitting on this, making millions by buying it back when they tanked. I'm fucking appalled they got away with that. Where's the outrage towards them?? They get away with murder, literally.

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2021 10:30 PM

R16 Cuomo overestimated the number of possible hospital beds needed as well as the potential death rate that might be caused by Covid. In March he was estimating that we might see the death of 250,000 New Yorkers. He was wrong and I don't blame him for that but when he received all the hospital beds, ventilators, PPE and staff why didn't he use them for the most vulnerable population in any flu season the elderly and by mid February it was known that over 80% of those who died or became seriously ill in Italy were the elderly! He really bungled it and made 2 bad decisions: send the Comfort sailing while sending sick patients back to nursing homes when he had an alternative. And it's galling that he wrote a book and received an Emmy. This is not a partisan issue no matter how others want to write it off as that. 13,000 estimated people died in nursing homes which is more than died on 9/11 and died later from the effects of exposure.

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2021 10:37 PM

R21 but what did he think was beneficial about sending the elderly back to the nursing homes? Did it save money or did he think it was administratively simple?

There were definitely advocacy groups fighting him on it at the time so he has no excuse of lack of knowledge

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2021 10:39 PM

R11, He did not make the decisions about the Comfort; the federal govt did.

It was first solely used to house patients not infected with Covid to free up hospital rooms. The process was so convoluted as patients went from hospital responsibility to federal govt responsibility that it wasn’t worth using it.

Where should long term care home patients go after they’re done with their hospitalization, specifically if hospital beds are filling up rapidly? They should go back to their homes, which are the long term care homes. There’s no place else for them.

As we see from Covid running rampant throughout long term card homes all over the country, Cuomo isn’t at fault for what’s happening everywhere

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2021 10:46 PM

R22 I believe he felt at one time that all those beds would be needed and sent nursing home patients back to ensure that there wouldn't be a shortage of hospital beds but, that situation never happened and he should have reversed his mandate and used what the Federal government sent him for nursing home patients and that would have saved many lives.

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2021 10:51 PM

R23 No one is saying, except for you, that Cuomo is responsible for what's happening everywhere but, Cuomo is responsible for mishandling the resources he was given and treating seniors like second class citizens and then covering it up.

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2021 10:58 PM

Lame.

The Feds were MIA during the covid crisis, forcing each state to cobble together a strategy to contain the virus at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2021 11:14 PM

R19 In a March 9th press conference NY Mayor Lurch Di Blasio said that the closing of the largest public school district in the country was off the table as a topic because 65% of the students relied upon the schools for breakfast and lunch. Thankfully. the President of the Teachers' Union threatened legal action and NV schools were shut down on March 16th.

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2021 11:31 PM

Maybe if Cuomo hadn’t been such a bitch to DeBlasio then DeBlasio wouldn’t be joining in the chorus of voices about the nursing home deaths. But Cuomo does Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2021 11:50 PM

DiBlasio and Cuomo have been butting heads regarding the course of action to contain the infection.

Their squabbling is an example of why a clear federal mandate was critical to protect the health of American citizens. We didn't have a comprehensive, clear strategy until the Biden administration was in office. The former administration did not want to test for the infection.

The infection and death rate are decreasing as more people are vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 29February 20, 2021 12:00 AM

He should get a $10,000 fine for every veneer in his brother's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 30February 20, 2021 12:09 AM

All of the people who died at our local nursing home were infected by 2 employees. Those 2 employees were 2 of the first 3 cases in this county.

Now prove that anyone who died in a nursing home wasn’t infected by an employee or a visitor before the nursing homes were shut down. It’s a 10-14 day period of contagion.

You can’t. I guarantee it. The GOP thinks they’ll get mileage out this, but Cuomo needs to go straight to court and say “Prove it.”

by Anonymousreply 31February 20, 2021 12:17 AM

[quote] If he indeed was beholding to rich donors,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 32February 20, 2021 12:17 AM

"There are no good Republicans, not even Lincoln."

Huh, R5? Not even Lincoln? Please, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 33February 20, 2021 12:18 AM

[quote]If it's now a crime to not disclose covid info (which isn't a problem, I agree), befitting of resignation, there's quite a few Republicans that need to go immediately as well.

Let’s start with DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 34February 20, 2021 12:18 AM

I guess the black female AG of New York and the Asian Democrat state rep and the liberal mayor of New York, etc. etc. are all part of the Republican conspiracy to get Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 35February 20, 2021 12:23 AM

R23 So why wasn't the USS Comfort or the Javits Center utilized for hospital patients then and why were they outfitted with ventilators? He should have hospitalized all Covid patients who needed it instead of delegating seniors back to nursing homes which weren't as well equipped and potentially infecting others in the nursing homes.

by Anonymousreply 36February 20, 2021 12:28 AM

Yep, right-wing witchhunt:

"AOC calls for 'full investigation' into Cuomo's handling of nursing homes"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 20, 2021 12:33 AM

The USNS (not the USS) Comfort was NOT a COVID-designated ship. It was not to take COVID patients due to the disinfecting protocols that would be necessary.

The patients that were returned to the nursing homes were patients discharged from the hospital, having recovered from COVID. What do you do when you discharge a patient? Put them in another hospital or send them home?

Nobody knew whether hospitals would be overrun as a result of this. You don’t take up precious hospital beds with people who don’t need them.

Nursing homes were required to be able to care for the patient, which included quarantining said patients separately from other patients. It was stated numerous times if the nursing home could not handle that they were to call the NYSDOH and they would find another home for the patient. Needless to say, no nursing home is going to turn down their money by sending a patient elsewhere.

He actually was enacting CDC guidelines which originated with the AIDS crisis wherein nursing homes and hospices wouldn’t take AIDS patients. The directive was no person could be turned away due to their positive COVID diagnosis. That doesn’t mean you were just supposed to plop them in “gen pop” and move along. The nursing homes bear responsibility for this also.

by Anonymousreply 38February 20, 2021 12:39 AM

It's not a right-wing witch hunt. AG Letitia James is one of just a few Democrats calling for an investigation, because it absolutely cries out to be investigated. My feelings for Cuomo as follows: a bully and a thug who was THE leading daily presence all throughout the pandemic, whom I watched daily, and can rightly take responsibility for what he achieved. But this also has to be looked at. And then what Cuomo said about the threats posed by Trump are also significant in his defense. Investigation? Yes, a bipartisan one. Impeachment? That's just political, and that's the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 39February 20, 2021 12:40 AM

I’m with you entirely, r39.

Agree with all you wrote.

by Anonymousreply 40February 20, 2021 12:41 AM

R38 But the patients died and were dying in the nursing homes so what do you mean not take up precious beds? Who were they reserved for? Ultimately between the USS Comfort and the Javits Center there was a surplus of beds. Your argument doesn't make sense and nor do Cuomo's actions and that's why he covered it up!

by Anonymousreply 41February 20, 2021 12:52 AM

No other governor made this fatal error with elderly covid patients? Why Andrew? Anyway he deserves what he gets because he dishes it out to everybody else. A cover up is bad for anyone involved. He is corrupt and cannot bully his way out. Can't wait for DeBlasio to be out of office as he is an even bigger douche bag of egotism.

by Anonymousreply 42February 20, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote] But the patients died and were dying in the nursing homes so what do you mean not take up precious beds?

No, the patients who were returned to the nursing home were neither dead nor dying. They were discharged from the hospital. Where the hell do you get they sent dying patients out of a hospital?!

[quote]Who were they reserved for?

Again, the thought was every hospital would be overwhelmed with patients.

[quote]Ultimately between the USS Comfort and the Javits Center there was a surplus of beds.

Once again, it’s the USNS Comfort, not the USS Comfort. If you can’t even get the basics correct, you lose all credibility.

Maybe you didn’t read my post. The USNS Comfort was not allowed to take COVID patients. The disinfecting protocol was decided by the Navy to be too cumbersome upon completion of the assignment.

by Anonymousreply 43February 20, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote]The USNS Comfort was not allowed to take COVID patients

That only applied from 30 March - 5 April. It started taking Covid patients from 6 April.

Sorry, what was that you were saying about not getting the basics correct?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 20, 2021 1:15 AM

And they had not recovered from covid, they were recovering. If you're going to act like USS vs USNS is some kind of intolerable error which shreds credibility, what should we make about someone conflating recovered with recovering?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 20, 2021 1:18 AM

R43 Whatever it was called, that's not the important point here. Just look at R44.and R45. The real issue is that between the USNS Comfort and the Javits Center there were 2,500 beds that were not used and could have been use to hospitalize non-Covid patients thereby freeing up beds in hospitals for Covid patients.

And obviously Cuomo screwed up and that's as basic as it gets. Both Democrats and Republicans who are calling for an investigation and his resignation. And whatever

by Anonymousreply 46February 20, 2021 1:20 AM

How many copies of his self-love book have been sold? Cuomo is too arrogant to retire.

by Anonymousreply 47February 20, 2021 1:31 AM

r6 Did you know that one of his daughters ,I forget her name nearly became british royal adjacent? She dated Alexander Ogilvy a rather dishy blonde guy who is the grandson of Princess Alexandra the cousin of Queen Elizabeth the second.

by Anonymousreply 48February 20, 2021 1:32 AM

R43 As you would say, JFC or crazy as a Bessie Bug!

by Anonymousreply 49February 20, 2021 2:06 AM

R12 You sound like a conspiracy theorist! Take a look at R37, R44 and R45.

by Anonymousreply 50February 20, 2021 2:25 AM

R23 Poor helpless Andy! Look at R44 and R45.

by Anonymousreply 51February 20, 2021 2:32 AM

R19 Look at R37 R44 and R45 and then you'll see what is really going on!

by Anonymousreply 52February 20, 2021 2:56 AM

R43 Speaking of disinfecting protocols, have you used Sweet Fish to get rid of the stench in your mother's basement as I suggested?

by Anonymousreply 53February 20, 2021 3:36 AM

Nice try, OP. This isn't just a GOP thing anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 20, 2021 3:42 AM

Cuomo is a fucker.

by Anonymousreply 55February 20, 2021 3:52 AM

Trump minions out for vengeance.

People forget that Cuomo and NY were practically going it alone while being shafted by Trump’s Feds; that CDC guidelines and standards were evolving works in progress; and that Trump was pushing quackery while predicting the imminent demise of the "Chinese plague."

So some deaths in hospitals got labeled "hospital deaths" but should have been labeled "nursing home deaths" because nursing homes were the apparent source of both patient and Coronavirus?

Does that mean that deaths in hospitals of people coming from their own homes should be labeled "personal home deaths"?

Or maybe "grocery store deaths" or "Trump rally deaths"?

Just seeking consistency.

by Anonymousreply 56February 20, 2021 4:49 AM

Well, R56, if it's all so innocent, why the need to cover anything up at all?

By the way, you sound really dumb talking about "Trump minions" when every side of the political spectrum is blaming Cuomo for this idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 57February 20, 2021 5:34 AM

R38 Give your ass a rest and stop making it do the the thinking for you. Check out R44 and R45 and slap that ass for being so stoopid!

by Anonymousreply 58February 20, 2021 5:36 AM

The deflection in here is staggering. This motherfucker and his retarded brother might as well be Republicans with the way they act and perceive themselves. Fuck them both.

by Anonymousreply 59February 20, 2021 5:41 AM

R56 Trump minions or thousand of families who lost loved ones because Cuomo was too busy with his daily, hour long attempts to prepare for his Presidential run, writing a book and qualifying for an Emmy?

by Anonymousreply 60February 20, 2021 5:47 AM

Close ranks people. Andrew's our guy. Tell the right wing to go fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 61February 20, 2021 9:05 AM

There’s no question that this is a MASSIVE fuck up for Cuomo. It’s very VERY bad for him. Things frequently don’t end well for Democratic governors in NY. He’d better hope he can turn this around and quick. I’ll give him some leeway for the fact that March and April in NY was a fucking disaster which no one could have handled given the sitting President. HOWEVER, there were multiple discussions and huge signs of how horribly things were going for seniors and their facilities then and it should have been given top priority. He was fucking it up at the time and knew it. There was no question this was going to come back to haunt him.

Also, can we fucking be DONE with raging toxic straight white males screaming and bullying their way through governing? Fucking ENOUGH already. Go. Away.

by Anonymousreply 62February 20, 2021 12:18 PM

R61 is exactly right. This is just Republican payback for Democratic "persecution" of the Orange Baboon. Unfortunately for the Democrats, there are assholes like R59 who will gleefully play into Republicans hands and go along with the program because we must have "bipartisanship."

At the end of 2020, the Reich Wing was actively promoting that Eric Swalwell was a grave security threat to the US since he was dating or had dated a Chinese woman. Once again, the Repukes were demanding Swalwell resigned or be impeached. Unfortunately for Reich Wing Scream Machine, this all got lost in the shuffle when Trump's plan to murder his Vice-President and the Speaker of the House emerged.

by Anonymousreply 63February 20, 2021 12:31 PM

[quote]Then they're not real leftists, just wolves in cheap clothing.

You don't even know what a leftist is if you're defending Andrew Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 64February 20, 2021 1:21 PM

He’s a piece of shit. So is his asshole brother.

by Anonymousreply 65February 20, 2021 2:45 PM

R63 Assholes like me, huh? It’s retards like you that keep our country divided and that are willing to act as abhorrently as the other side just to not admit when we do something wrong.

Fuck off you brainless sycophant.

by Anonymousreply 66February 20, 2021 3:57 PM

you guys obviously don't live in NYC. Everyone hates him

by Anonymousreply 67February 20, 2021 4:11 PM

Miss Holy Rosary @R66 has stated her sanctimonious boundaries.

Get back to us, bitch, when you start holding Republicans and Trumpsters to your same lofty moral "standards" you hold Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 68February 20, 2021 4:15 PM

On the other hand, @RemoveRon is a cause I can get behind 100%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 20, 2021 4:20 PM

R61 R63 You sound as angry, unstable and unthinking as those insurrectionists. You're two sides of the same coin!

by Anonymousreply 70February 20, 2021 4:29 PM

R68 Demon, I’ve spent more time criticizing Dump and the other side than it’s worth, quite frankly.

by Anonymousreply 71February 20, 2021 4:35 PM

R61, R63 and their ilk presumably think Letitia James is a secret Republican

by Anonymousreply 72February 20, 2021 5:27 PM

The NY Post reported than NY Dems are seeking to censure Cuomo over the cover up. This is not a partisan issue.

by Anonymousreply 73February 22, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote] The NY Post reported than NY Dems are seeking to censure Cuomo over the cover up. This is not a partisan issue

The NY Post is not a reputable source.

by Anonymousreply 74February 22, 2021 11:25 PM

No source that criticizes Democrats on any grounds is reliable.

Like I said, a witchhunt started by turncoats.

by Anonymousreply 75February 22, 2021 11:28 PM

[quote]Also, can we fucking be DONE with raging toxic straight white males screaming and bullying their way through governing? Fucking ENOUGH already. Go. Away.

It's not "bullying," a speciesist insult if ever there was one, when it's fucking justified.

by Anonymousreply 76February 22, 2021 11:30 PM

You peel a layer off Cuomo, underneath he's just another Trump.

by Anonymousreply 77February 22, 2021 11:32 PM

"Emmy-award winning statement Andrew Cuomo"

OP makes it sounds like winning an Emmy means the person is virtuous and righteous.

by Anonymousreply 78February 22, 2021 11:36 PM

𝙉𝙔 𝘿𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙡𝙮𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙡

Those of us who have worked with Cuomo are familiar with his tendencies. There is a long pattern of abusive tactics that the governor deploys when the public gets too close to learning the truth: cast a net far and wide, compromise as many unwitting accomplices, threaten retribution, then berate you for having the temerity to stand up.

I call this Cuomo's Predatory Inclusion Syndrome. And I won't be party to it.

I witnessed a crime, and on top of that, 15,000 nursing home residents died under his watch. Restoring faith in government for those families is my top and only priority, not the governor's PR image.

The truth behind the obfuscation and lies is this: The governor snuck a toxic corporate immunity clause in the 2020 budget on behalf of his top campaign donor, the Greater New York Hospital Association. You don't need a PhD to understand that handing out get-out-of-jail-free cards to for-profit nursing homes in the middle of a pandemic will lead to more deaths.

He did it quietly and at the last minute, masking the provision under the guise of protecting frontline workers from lawsuits, which if true would have been redundant because he already passed a March 23 Executive Order that gave frontline workers legal immunity for treating COVID-19 patients. But once the lobbyists asked for a broader shield for the corporate executives and shareholders behind for-profit nursing homes and hospitals, Cuomo needed to implicate others.

On January 28th, New York State's Attorney General, Leticia James announced that the administration under-reported nursing home deaths by fifty percent. The corporate immunity very possibly led to more deaths at for-profit nursing homes, and has made it impossible to hold those responsible accountable.

We cannot be numb to the fact that 15,000 people died in nursing homes under Governor Cuomo's watch. If the corporate immunity was omitted from the budget, how many lives would have been saved? Ten percent? Twenty percent? That is 1,500 to 3,000 families who could be sitting across from a loved one at dinner tonight. That's an entire 9/11 tragedy that we could have prevented.

We must hold the governor accountable and restore the integrity of the Senate and Assembly as co-equal branches of government. We must put all options on the table, in order to get to the truth.

It is time to be brave, to hold him accountable, to investigate his cover-up of nursing home information. It is time to undo the bad policies that led to unnecessary deaths. And it is time to start the impeachment process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 23, 2021 1:05 AM

Newsweek is a right wing rag like NY Post now.

by Anonymousreply 80February 23, 2021 12:44 PM

The headline of this thread sounds like a parody post. It is possible to hate Trump and see that Cuomo has a few flaws himself.

I personally think Cuomo will survive this as he didn't actually kill anybody. Fudging the numbers is a grey area kind of crime. He is a horrible bully though. Just accept the truth.

by Anonymousreply 81February 23, 2021 12:56 PM

Yet, the same people are ok with this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 23, 2021 1:54 PM

"This is not a partisan issue."

So says the paid Republican shill, screaming at the top of her lungs @R73, fingering her moist twat in eager anticipation of Cuomo's impeachment.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 83February 23, 2021 2:06 PM

R77, that’s true of most politicians. The most loathsome people under that superficial layer.

by Anonymousreply 84February 23, 2021 2:14 PM

I’m a state/federal nurse inspector of skilled nursing facilities in California.

We were not even allowed to go into facilities for months starting in March, (so god knows what happened inside in that time). You have to remember this was going on all over the country, not just in New York.

Nursing homes could’ve handled reintegration of residents in SNFs - they’re literally trained for this. It’s not rocket science. Plus, these are the residents homes now. The most egregious thing to me is the “get out of jail card” for the nursing home corporations. They are truly vultures.

by Anonymousreply 85February 23, 2021 2:20 PM

What R5 said.

by Anonymousreply 86February 23, 2021 2:51 PM

R73, Really? Is The New Yorker also a right wing outlet too? Funny, they are saying even worse about him.

by Anonymousreply 87February 23, 2021 3:30 PM

Seniors died in darkness while Cuomo took the light. More calls for his resignation.

by Anonymousreply 88February 23, 2021 5:57 PM

R74 The impeccable CNN has finally banned the Governor's brother from reporting on this cover up. Talk about reputable!

by Anonymousreply 89February 23, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote] fingering her moist twat

😂 Chiiile... You bitches always give me a good belly laugh when I need it the most.

by Anonymousreply 90February 23, 2021 6:01 PM

Run along now, FNY @R89. You're late for your 2:00PM appointment to blow Sean Hannity, then lick hiss asshole. You know he's gets pissed when you are late.

And Sean is booking the hour you used to spend with Rush Limpballs. So now you'll be on your knees in front of your personal idol a two full hours.

Bon appetite, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 91February 23, 2021 6:09 PM

R91 As always people who can't present a logical revert to name calling and characterizing others which proves he's guilty because you can't offer a logical defense. Thanks for proving my point: Cuomo can't run for office and he can't hide. Did you ever think of the thousands of families who lost loved ones due to his mishandling? More people died in nursing homes than died on 9/11. At the very least he should return that Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 92February 23, 2021 6:23 PM

I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what Sandra Lee has to say about him and his temper and possible violent nature. Damaged person.

by Anonymousreply 93February 23, 2021 6:25 PM

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this because even before the pandemic, I read stories that Cuomo was a bully & people were tired of his shit, though I can completely understand why Cuomo hates DeBlasio.

I think it's too early to discern fault since the situation moved fast & many people likely made decisions based on the info they had at the time that turned out to be incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 94February 23, 2021 6:45 PM

"Did you ever think of the thousands of families who lost loved ones due to his mishandling?"

Did you ever think of asking that question of Donald Trump and all the Republicans who insisted Corona 19 was a hoax by the Democrats, that it would go away in the heat of summer, that drinking bleach would get rid of the virus? Did YOU ever think of the five hundred thousand families who lost loved ones due to Trump and the Republicans due to THEIR mishandling.

I'm guessing no, simply because you're a fucking partisan asshole who doesn't give two shits about anyone but yourself, your money and your power, just like every other Republican.

by Anonymousreply 95February 23, 2021 7:42 PM

R95 Yes, but this thread is not about you know who. And if I talk shit about Epstein don't think I'm giving Weinstein a pass!

by Anonymousreply 96February 23, 2021 8:03 PM

R95 Except for the thread on Levi Johnson you reference Trump, deplorables and Republicans in virtually all your posts! Your limited purview and obsession is showing!

by Anonymousreply 97February 24, 2021 2:05 AM

What's the story of the woman who admitted this? I get a weird vibe that they might have had an affair or something went on with them

I don't know why Cuomo just didn't tell the truth. NY already had the worst case/death count.

by Anonymousreply 98February 24, 2021 2:30 AM

I live in Staten Island, so there's a whole lot of people (Republicans) with pitchforks out for Cuomo ... but if you so much as mention the fact that everything Cuomo did was because Trump was busy lying and not giving a fuck about the growing pandemic and gave zero federal guidelines to the states, they're like duhhhhhh Trump is perfect Trump is our God.

by Anonymousreply 99February 24, 2021 2:54 AM

R90 Fingering a twat is the only defense you have for Cuomo? His political career is circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 100February 24, 2021 11:01 PM

R83 Use the fingering the twat defense all you want but, Cuomo's political career is sqwat!

by Anonymousreply 101February 24, 2021 11:07 PM

FNY considers the shit that spews from her gaping pie hole so majestic, regal and utterly special, she has to repeat herself.

by Anonymousreply 102February 24, 2021 11:17 PM

R102 You keep talking but, offer no counter argument. It's Twat vs Sqwat! And no matter what you say it has no bearing on the fact that Cuomo is finished and that has nothing to do with me. So ultimately, what is your point? Obviously, you don't have a logical response so you revert to name calling. None of which makes a case for Cuomo or his brother.

by Anonymousreply 103February 25, 2021 12:19 AM

Why would I want to waste my time "arguing" with an internet troll/paid hack like you, FNY. You're here to shill for Trump and the Republicans. I'm here to call you out for being the jack ass that you really are.

The fact you state unequivocally that "Cuomo is finished" only shows you for the didactic, pedantic moron you really are. Other than pulling shit out of your asshole, what qualifies you to make such a statement? There's quite a difference between opinion and fact, and its obvious you have yet to learn that difference, much like all Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 104February 25, 2021 1:01 AM

R104 No matter what you say he's done and he did himself in. No conspiracy here except on his part to cover up and it cost other's lives. Save your invective for him. And I don't know why you would want to waste your time arguing with an internet troll/paid hack but, you are Blanche, you are!

by Anonymousreply 105February 25, 2021 2:21 AM

I was angry at his behavior when he was doing it. We knew then. The guy is a gangster like his father. He should rot. Just because Trump is a piece of shit it does not excuse others.

by Anonymousreply 106February 25, 2021 2:24 AM

R106 And for the people who lost friends, cousins, parents, siblings and grandparents in the nursing homes what must it have been like to see Cuomo receiving an Emmy? Rather like what Mira Sorvino and the other victims of Harvey Weinstein felt when watching Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence...winning Oscars and thanking and praising Harvey!

by Anonymousreply 107February 25, 2021 2:45 AM

Meat eating is a death cult.

by Anonymousreply 108February 25, 2021 11:53 AM

Wow. What a new low.

I am also amazed by the people here who is going on about "what about Trump blah blah blah".

Let me tell you something. If you ever said "what about Trump blah blah blah", you are no difference than Trump and Trumper going "What about Hillary and Obama blah blah blah".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 25, 2021 11:56 AM

It keeps getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 110February 25, 2021 12:37 PM

I don't care what happens to him, but if a Republican says a fucking words, Dems needs to say "STFU., lying, terrorist, insurrectionist filth. WE will handle this ourselves. We actually hold ours accountable. Go fuck yourselves."

by Anonymousreply 111February 25, 2021 12:46 PM

Why do we have to eat our own. He should not resign. They canceled Al Franken too.

Just vote him out next election. Why does the guy have to go from hero to zero.

He fucked up and now the harassments accusers come out, who didn't when he was on top.

by Anonymousreply 112February 25, 2021 1:00 PM

R111 What's with WE? You sound like you're in a cult? And how are you handling this besides ranting on DL? You sound like a Proud Boy! Two sides of the same coin. Face it. HE fucked up!

by Anonymousreply 113February 25, 2021 3:14 PM

Face it, R113. Your mother fucked up when she didn't abort you. She should be indicted for crimes against humanity.

by Anonymousreply 114February 25, 2021 3:21 PM

Cuomo once INSISTED Brett Kavanaugh take a polygraph, now now now will Cuomo do the same? If Cuomo cannot live up to his own words, he is GUILTY and should resign. Otherwise, the Dems will pay the price for their protection of a serial sexual harrasser.

by Anonymousreply 115February 25, 2021 3:44 PM

R114 You're an angry lunatic basement dweller with nothing to say and zero effect. Cuomo's political career is circling the drain and there's no way you can stop that and raging at others is useless.

by Anonymousreply 116February 25, 2021 3:58 PM

Al Franken was a mistake made by idiot Democrats who hadn't yet realized that the Republicans couldn't be shamed into doing the right thing. They thought if they showed their party doing the right thing when a member was accused of sexual harassment, the Repugs would follow suit. They were idiots, but it was a politically calculated move.

This Cuomo thing is different, because it's a guy who talked big and went on the attack, often justified, but without making sure his own house was in order.

Cuomo isn't like Al Franken here, he's like the stupid Dems who threw Al Franken under the bus: he made certain politically calculated moves, and he didn't pull them off, and now he's paying for it.

He shouldn't resign, but let's not pretend like he didn't bring a lot of this on himself.

by Anonymousreply 117February 25, 2021 4:10 PM

Not a witch hunt. He's a skeevy Ellis Island descendant. His brother outed him long ago.

Don't vote for these "new comers"

They're not true. Americans

by Anonymousreply 118February 25, 2021 4:48 PM

Let into this country to take our garbage to the dump. FF a century & these cretins ,& their corruption gained some power.

America, you know what to do

by Anonymousreply 119February 25, 2021 5:02 PM

One poster on this thread is off her meds.

Another continues repeating their racist, nativist shit.

Just another day on DL.

by Anonymousreply 120February 25, 2021 6:44 PM

R109 Many people and politicians on both sides of the aisle operate the same way and that applies to both Trump AND Cuomo; two sides of the same coin.

by Anonymousreply 121February 25, 2021 7:13 PM

Now some lying deplorable bitch is trying to accuse him of sexual harassment, just like those lying bitches who did the same to Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 122February 25, 2021 7:15 PM

R122 If only that was the only problem Cuomo was facing! Andrew to Andrew: Goodbye Cuomo hello Yang!

by Anonymousreply 123February 26, 2021 2:27 AM

[quote] Goodbye Cuomo hello Yang!

Mayor first.

by Anonymousreply 124February 26, 2021 3:15 AM

R124 With Cuomo out of the way why settle for Mayor?

by Anonymousreply 125February 27, 2021 6:59 AM

So long Cuomo and Newsom! You are both greasy, hypocritical scumbags. Cuomo's daily cringe fest with his brother, his earned Emmy, was really despicable. This is why people stop listening to elected officials.

by Anonymousreply 126February 27, 2021 7:42 AM

R104 And what of AOC? Is she a Republican shill too? She 's leading the charge against Cuomo regarding sexual harassment!

by Anonymousreply 127February 27, 2021 9:07 PM

Our Andrew stan seems to have disappeared.

One wonders, why?

by Anonymousreply 128February 28, 2021 7:42 PM

Oh, I'm still here, R128. Still marveling at your selective morality and your faux indignation and even faker sanctimony.

And also LMAO at your delusion(s) that you are some sort of political kingmaker who can make or break someone's political career.

Begone, Republican troll/shillmeister.

And BTW, did you see the WaPo's piece on sexual predator Madison Cawthorn? Seems that in his sole semester in college he managed to get 150, yep, count 'em, 150 women to sign a petition claiming he was sexually harassing them. So where is your self righteousness now, R128? Have you demanded Mr. Cawthorn's resignation yet?

by Anonymousreply 129February 28, 2021 7:51 PM

Here, repeatedly, when not ridiculing him, asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 130February 28, 2021 7:53 PM

He could run for President.

by Anonymousreply 131February 28, 2021 8:03 PM

He could roll for President, but running would be a challenge.

by Anonymousreply 132February 28, 2021 10:05 PM

Are you on the wrong thread? Cuomo is a runner (I mean he talkings about jogging all the time).

by Anonymousreply 133February 28, 2021 10:40 PM

No, I was responding to the comment above it about the North Carolina Roller Nazi, Madison "Hot Wheels" Cawthorne.

by Anonymousreply 134February 28, 2021 11:21 PM

The comment above it was referring to Cuomo running.

by Anonymousreply 135February 28, 2021 11:24 PM

R56 Or BLM protest deaths! Or looting stores maskless while not social distancing deaths! Or having dinner with Gavin Newsom deaths!

by Anonymousreply 136February 28, 2021 11:25 PM

I don't mind, if it ends any plans he has for being POTUS. He'd be a heavy-baggage candidate and we don't need that.

He didn't do anything different than any other Governor. Many of them had daily speeches and question & answer periods.

by Anonymousreply 137March 1, 2021 10:06 AM

R137 He wrote (or had someone else write it) a self-aggrandizing book about the pandemic and won an Emmy for his hour plus daily conferences that went on for nearly 3 months and after he got the PPE, hospital beds, ventilators and the USNS Comfort from the Federal government with 1,000 beds and 1,500 beds in The Javit Center he didn't make use of them and The Comfort was sent sailing as recovering seniors were mandated back to nursing homes. He bungled it big time.

by Anonymousreply 138March 1, 2021 3:58 PM

Any Democrat who is not backing Cuomo is a fucking spineless pussy. The Republicunts are setting him up. His accusers are GOP plants. I’m not fooled by this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 139March 1, 2021 4:30 PM

Republican fucktards want to recall Gavin Newsom, too. It’s their plan to oust al of the Dems. Wake up. This is all a ploy.

by Anonymousreply 140March 1, 2021 4:32 PM

The only way to stop the GOP at this point is to make it illegal, even if that requires a constitutional amendment.

by Anonymousreply 141March 1, 2021 4:40 PM

R139 Spineless fucking pussies seem to be on the rise!

by Anonymousreply 142March 3, 2021 12:30 AM

lol. You dipshits, they aren’t plants. He’s ADMITTED TO THE BEHAVIOR. he’s cancelled. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 143March 3, 2021 2:07 PM

He is his own worst enemy. Neither the right, nor the left did this to him. He did it to himself.

by Anonymousreply 144March 3, 2021 2:12 PM

R138 Is exactly right. The Democrats want him to go down for the metoo stuff and not for his bungling of the pandemic because that would implicate other officials.

by Anonymousreply 145March 3, 2021 2:46 PM

R145 The Dems in Albany are revoking some of Cuomo's Covid-19 Emergency Powers. It's about the bungling. The rest is a smokescreen and a newspaper seller.

by Anonymousreply 146March 4, 2021 6:59 AM

This witch is heading to Albany with a broom in one hand and a pitchfork in the other. You are cancelled Cuomo. Your cringe inducing schtick, negligence against the elderly, and your sleezy come ons might do you in. Gavin Newsom - this might be your prayer answered and help save your ass at your upcoming recall vote.

by Anonymousreply 147March 4, 2021 7:04 AM

His enemies want him GONE.

Bye-bye Andy

Bye-bye

by Anonymousreply 148March 4, 2021 7:13 AM

R140 The ploy is working and Dems are as involved as anyone.

by Anonymousreply 149March 6, 2021 3:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!