Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Reviewer TRASHES "Superman and Lois" before it even premieres!

Having already plumbed the depths of the Superman well for “Smallville,” which survived the demise of the WB network to run for a full decade, The CW’s gone back to its Kansan/Kryptonian roots for “Superman and Lois,” a strangely grim take on one of comics’ brightest heroes.

From Greg Berlanti and Todd Helbing (“The Flash”), “Superman and Lois” dispenses with the Superman story that’s been told a million times before in an efficient opening voiceover, as Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) explains his arrival on Earth in a mysterious pod, growing up in Smallville as Clark Kent, and falling in love with Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tullock) in about two minutes flat. But then the story continues as Clark and Lois get married, settle in Metropolis, and have twin boys.

“Superman and Lois” officially picks up with the family 14 years later, when Lois is “the most famous journalist in the world,” Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) has established himself as an emerging football star and Jordan (Alex Garfin) is struggling with his social anxiety disorder diagnosis. Even Smallville, once idyllic, has become something of a symbol of everything that’s gone awry in small rural towns across America, with a rampant meth problem no one really wants to talk about and a charismatic businessman (Adam Rayner) promising everyone jobs despite essentially gutting other towns for profit before.

It makes sense on paper for a new show about Superman to fast forward through the stuff that’s been done to death in order to find some new way into the man, the myth, the legend. Why not make him a harried dad juggling apocalyptic threats with teenage boys, one of whom might have the same kind of powers as he does? The CW’s dads are already supernaturally hot, so hey, might as well lean into the brand. (Hoechlin, like Tom Welling before him, does not at all have a Christopher Reeve level of charisma to bring to the role — but to be fair, who does?)

But for all the logical storylines and character journeys that “Superman and Lois” includes, it nonetheless lacks the spark to make any of it very interesting. Despite solid efforts from Tulloch, Garfin, and especially Elsass to bring life to their stiff scenes, these Kents feel more stuck than striking. It also probably says something that it took looking up the credits for me to realize that Emanuelle Chriqui is playing none other than Lana Lang; on “Superman and Lois,” she’s a stressed out loan officer whose determinedly macho fire chief husband (Erik Valdezchecks ) takes up most of their scenes’ oxygen.

It’s also notable, and unfortunate, that the equal footing Superman and Lois are granted in the title isn’t reflected in the show itself. Lois Lane is supposedly a fearsome reporter who won’t rest until she gets her scoop, but this iteration takes longer than it should to make her anything other than reactive to what’s going on with the men around her. For as much as Clark and Lois talk about being equal partners, “Superman and Lois” squarely belongs to Superman, who spends enough of his time blinking at his family in handsome concern and darting around the stratosphere that he can never fully anchor his family, let alone this show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 1, 2023 12:30 PM

Tyler Hoechlin's collapse is complete.

He's 33 years old.

If it hasn't happened for him by now, it's never going to happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 20, 2021 6:32 AM

Superman and Lois have TWO FAT kids.....How these two were cast is a mystery even Batwoman couldn't solve....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 20, 2021 6:38 AM

[quote] Superman and Lois have TWO FAT kids.....How these two were cast is a mystery even Batwoman couldn't solve....

More Woke/SJW and body positivity at work on the CW.

Ugh.

Walker is just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2021 6:42 AM

This queen is playing Lana Langs HUSBAND...Even on paper he PINGS...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2021 6:42 AM

You gotta be anorexic to think these actors are fat.

by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2021 6:45 AM

The problem with Tyler Hoechlin is that he's such a beautiful man, but he has ZERO personality.

And I mean ZERO personality.

Even Dylan O'Brien overshadowed him on Teen Wolf, and Dylan was younger and not nearly as attractive as Hoechlin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2021 6:48 AM

R5 ....Yes...THIN??!!......Okay....And absolutely looks like he owns a comb too.....Thank you for the correction.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2021 6:53 AM

These two aren't fat.

You must be on crack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2021 6:57 AM

Go to the 20 second mark.....That kid is OBESE.....No Joke...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2021 7:05 AM

[quote] More Woke/SJW and body positivity at work on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2021 2:33 PM

The one on the right at R8 has beautiful eyes.

Just like Hoechlin.

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2021 2:37 PM

CW is a dying network with little reason to exist now that the YA audiences which propelled it to relevance have fled to Netflix, and WarnerMedia wants to pipeline all its branded content to HBOMax. I would not be shocked if it completely folds this year.

It had a good run serving an ignored/underserved demo but the odds are against it.

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2021 2:45 PM

You're such a hater, R12.

Just because Walker is #1 in the ratings, you're desperate to see it fail.

Well it WON'T fail, you beast!

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2021 2:48 PM

These superhero shows on the CW are about to fall behind. When Arrow premiered it was the only superhero show, now Marvel and DC are making movie spin-offs like WandaVision with a movie budget over a set amount of episodes. The CW can't keep up with that, they will have a 10 year special crossover next year and then will start to end the shows without asking for new ones.

by Anonymousreply 14February 20, 2021 2:53 PM

[quote]Reviewer TRASHES "Superman and Lois" before it even premieres!

Pretty much ALL reviews are written and published before a show premieres.

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2021 2:55 PM

How much Superboy nudity will there be?

by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote] When Arrow premiered it was the only superhero show

Wow, I didn't know that.

How did the CW not parlay the success of Arrow into a major moneymaker for their network?

by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2021 2:59 PM

What is it with the “woke” casting of Superman?

by Anonymousreply 18February 20, 2021 3:00 PM

R13 Network TV and cable are dying. Streaming is killing it and will continue to. HBO Max will replace The CW brand.

by Anonymousreply 19February 20, 2021 3:05 PM

Someone perform an exorcism on R19, and make him disappear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 20, 2021 3:08 PM

I might be the only one who liked Elizabeth Tulloch, who plays Lois, in Grimm. I am watching this because of her. Tyler lacks any personality. He's like a robot not able to convey any emotion and make it look genuine.

by Anonymousreply 21February 20, 2021 3:10 PM

Network and Cable will die off eventually, the last big hits that maintained strongish ratings were created in the 2004/05 season. Things have occasionally done better, but it's normally one offs or they drop off in ratings fairly quickly. Most shows get between 2 and 5 million viewers and are recommissioned, 10 years ago a show would've been cancelled after 1 season with those sorts of ratings. WandaVision is currently the most watched tv show in the world, shows need international audiences now to be successful.

by Anonymousreply 22February 20, 2021 3:13 PM

R20 Society and technology moves on. People thought typewriters wouldn't be replaced. People thought landlines wouldn't be replaced. People thought horse carriages wouldn't get replaced. Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 23February 20, 2021 5:59 PM

Tyler Hoechlin has all the appeal of stale Wonder Bread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 20, 2021 7:08 PM

R24, wheat bread.

by Anonymousreply 25February 20, 2021 7:14 PM

I won't be watching this crap.

Walker is a much better show on the CW.

by Anonymousreply 26February 20, 2021 10:04 PM

Hopefully, it'll be cancelled before the end of season one.

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2021 9:49 AM

There will be more superhero shows. Superman and Lois is being partly funded by HBO. There was a recent agreement made between HBO and The CW about creating new DCTV shows,which will first air on HBO Max then the next day on The CW.

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2021 10:38 AM

[quote] There will be more superhero shows. Superman and Lois is being partly funded by HBO. There was a recent agreement made between HBO and The CW about creating new DCTV shows

Just what we needed. More DC superhero shows!!

As if there aren't enough at the movies, already!

Motherfucking hell. Please kill me now.

by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2021 10:43 AM

ALL i want is total homoerotic situations (superman captured/conquered for a time) and in kinky situations with close up of his bulge front and back and facial expressions of orgasmic pleasure (when he's suppose to be feel pain or be pissed off!)....

is that too much to ask for in this show? lol!...

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2021 10:59 AM

Superman and Lois is going to SUCK DONKEY BALLS.

I can already tell.

Truth be told, I'd much rather watch a re-boot of Smallville. That was a much better show.

by Anonymousreply 31February 21, 2021 9:37 PM

This trailer focuses on the kids. Are they retarded?

Derek: I’m Superman.

Kids: No, you’re not, dad! We’ve seen Superman before. He doesn’t wear glasses! You’re off your rocker, old man!

Derek takes off glasses.

Kids: OMG!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 21, 2021 10:31 PM

Why is the evil gay son so mad that his dad lied to him about being Superman? The straight jock son loves it.

by Anonymousreply 33February 21, 2021 10:32 PM

[quote] The straight jock son loves it.

The straight jock son loves cock!

by Anonymousreply 34February 22, 2021 8:23 AM

Tyler Hoechlin is woefully miscast.

Christopher Reeve, Tom Welling, Henry Cavill - YES.

Tyler Hoechlin, Dean Cain, Brandon Routh - NO.

by Anonymousreply 35February 22, 2021 8:50 AM

R35 is racist. You just listed the three ethnic Supermen as miscast but the three white men as perfectly cast.

by Anonymousreply 36February 22, 2021 9:46 AM

R36 is smoking crack.

R35 is 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 37February 22, 2021 9:51 AM

What in the flying fuck are you on about R36???

You ARE smoking crack just like R37 says.

by Anonymousreply 38February 22, 2021 9:53 AM

[quote] You just listed the three ethnic Supermen as miscast but the three white men as perfectly cast.

How is Brandon Routh “ethnic”?

by Anonymousreply 39February 22, 2021 10:54 AM

His eyes aren't blue. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 40February 22, 2021 11:05 AM

[quote] His eyes aren't blue. Duh.

Oh, the righteous outrage!!!!!

CANCEL SUPERMAN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 41February 22, 2021 11:48 AM

That will be next R41.

by Anonymousreply 42February 22, 2021 11:54 AM

You can tell by the trailer that this is gonna flop horribly.

Hoechlin has no charisma whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 43February 22, 2021 12:59 PM

So the most famous journalist in the world is based in Smallville?

by Anonymousreply 44February 22, 2021 1:07 PM

Lol R44.

She lives in the burbs of Metropolis.

Kind of like living in White Plains, Tarrytown, or Greenwich CT.

by Anonymousreply 45February 22, 2021 4:46 PM

Stay Nair needs to play Superman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 22, 2021 5:00 PM

Staz Nair

by Anonymousreply 47February 22, 2021 5:02 PM

One of the "ethnic" ones is a Republican. Spin that. Oh wait, you already tried:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 22, 2021 5:03 PM

Yuck, R46.

He looks nothing like Superman.

by Anonymousreply 49February 22, 2021 5:04 PM

r35 Cain was brilliant

by Anonymousreply 50February 22, 2021 5:40 PM

[quote] R35 is racist. You just listed the three ethnic Supermen as miscast but the three white men as perfectly cast.

How is Routh “ethnic” (using it in the American sense)? From Wikipedia:

[quote] Routh was raised in a Methodist family, and has English, Scottish, German, and Dutch ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 51February 22, 2021 5:49 PM

Is it too late to replace Hoechlin with someone who has more personality?

Asking for a friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 22, 2021 10:28 PM

Tom Welling was beautiful when he was younger, but now he's HANDSOME and DASHING.

What a lucky man that he had youthful beauty, and now he has a mature beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 22, 2021 10:33 PM

Young Tom.

Hoechlin doesn't even compare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 22, 2021 10:34 PM

Welling and Hoechlin are completely different types of beauties.

by Anonymousreply 55February 23, 2021 3:33 AM

Why does the CW even exist anymore? Every single show on it is horrible. Their highest rated show only pulls a 1.7 million viewers a week. I don't know how they manage to keep the damn lights on over there.

by Anonymousreply 56February 24, 2021 1:28 AM

Superman says he has super smell but doesn’t like to use it at home with two teenage boys around. Was this a jizz reference?

by Anonymousreply 57February 24, 2021 2:16 AM

So the entire time Superman was in Metropolis he was smelling everyone's farts? Must have built a tolerance from all those years on his family's farm smelling cow shit.

by Anonymousreply 58February 24, 2021 2:55 AM

Haven't watched this yet but one of the twins better be gay.

Oh who am I kidding, Greg Berlanti hates gay men.

by Anonymousreply 59February 24, 2021 3:10 AM

R59, they’re both gay and they’re also lovers.

by Anonymousreply 60February 24, 2021 3:12 AM

It was great and I love Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 61February 24, 2021 3:16 AM

It's pronounced "Heck-lin".

by Anonymousreply 62February 24, 2021 3:17 AM

The brother that has the powers is trying mighty hard to look like a young Tom Welling.

That curly hair, those eyes. Those rosy cheeks.

So I wonder who this Lex will be. I hope it’s not Duckie.

I enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 63February 24, 2021 3:24 AM

Horrible. The opening montage glosses over all the most interesting plot points, and jumps right into fucking MIDDLE AGED MARRIED LIFE with two annoying teens. Tyler H is all wrong. His face has strange angles and the teeth are uneven. Very few good angles on him. He always looks like he's dirty and needs a shave. The super suit is weirdly bulky and misshapen. The actress playing Lois is horse faced. Both leads hove odd ears. More bad angles than a cracked fun house mirror. No. No. No.

by Anonymousreply 64February 24, 2021 3:57 AM

The suit is so obviously padded

by Anonymousreply 65February 24, 2021 4:00 AM

The whiney, lazy, stupid, rude, video game playing troubled son needs to be punched in the face. Is it too late to abort?

by Anonymousreply 66February 24, 2021 4:08 AM

R63 That version of Lex still exist.

by Anonymousreply 67February 24, 2021 4:15 AM

The super suit is one step away from the jokey suit in Shazam.

by Anonymousreply 68February 24, 2021 4:20 AM

God. His teeth ARE terrible.

by Anonymousreply 69February 24, 2021 4:44 AM

Now is Supergirl Superman's daughter?

by Anonymousreply 70February 24, 2021 4:55 AM

Courtney Cox makes a fine Lois Lane.

by Anonymousreply 71February 24, 2021 5:00 AM

How hasn’t this been on for years, I’ve been hearing about it forever?

by Anonymousreply 72February 24, 2021 5:25 AM

How does 32 year old Tyler have two 16 year old sons? Teen pregnancy? He got Lois pregnant while he was Superboy? But how did Lois become the world’s greatest reporter being a teen mom? And Superman already had kids all those years he was fighting supervillains in Metropolis instead of being a responsible father?

by Anonymousreply 73February 24, 2021 6:36 AM

[quote] Their highest rated show only pulls a 1.7 million viewers a week.

SAY THE NAME!

SAY IT!!!!

WALKER, with JARED PADALECKI, you ass!

by Anonymousreply 74February 24, 2021 6:46 AM

R73 Do those super sperm just shoot right through the condom?

by Anonymousreply 75February 24, 2021 6:51 AM

That was horrible. Who the hell wants a Superman show about raising annoying teenagers ? They find out their dad is Superman and that they are half alien and they sulk like they found out their parents were divorcing. So bad. The CW is famous for casting hot people. Those kids are bland as hell. I just want to wash and cut that mopey one's hair. Even the side characters were nondescript. Lana Lang is a famous red head. Why make her brunette and frumpy. The daughter is just as bad. So I guess this doesn't take place in the Arrowverse ? R59 You are right. Could have the powerful son have a relationship with Lana's "son" but no, make them straight, that hasn't been done before. Such a waste

by Anonymousreply 76February 24, 2021 11:20 AM

[quote] He always looks like he's dirty and needs a shave

Funny you mention this.

I've always thought the same thing about Hoechlin.

He has a very HEAVY 5 o'clock shadow. I guess he's very hairy or something, because he never looks clean shaven.

by Anonymousreply 77February 24, 2021 2:57 PM

[quote]God. His teeth ARE terrible.

As someone who chomps down everyday with a mouthful of veneers and porcelain crowns, I think his teeth are fine. They're obviously HIS teeth and not cosmetically enhanced (unless, possibly, they've been whitened). Would he be better looking with teeth like mine? Yeah, I personally think so but who the hell cares what I (or you) think. Tyler Hoechlin could certainly have whatever kind of smile/teeth he wanted, and he's chosen his which seem to be working fine for him.

And for those of you complaining about the show, I don't think it's that bad, not for a superhero show. The music and cinematography are excellent especially considering we're talking about the CW. Christ, if I had to watch a CW show I'd much rather watch this than Walker with the old Supernatural dude who looks 50. And in the demographic that counts more than the actual number of viewers (18-49), Lois & Clark has beaten Walker in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 78February 25, 2021 1:40 AM

I loved it! I've been following Tyler since his Teen Wolf days. He only 33 now and still sexy as fuck. I love his eyes and his body is sic. Lois looks older than he does but I guess she's supposed to since they kept talking about how CK doesn't age. The reviews are decent. I'll definitely keep watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 25, 2021 1:52 AM

I liked it and was impressed by the camera work and special effects. I expected the teen angst, given it's the CW. If they get the villains right, it should be a good watch.

by Anonymousreply 80February 25, 2021 2:40 AM

The least CW looking CW superhero show. Pretty impressed by the production value.

Are they ripping off Brightburn by giving the shaggy incel son Clark's superpowers? I had to chuckle that Superman's biggest challenge apparently is raising two sons, one of them diagnosed with social anxiety disorder.

by Anonymousreply 81February 25, 2021 2:56 AM

R73 they addressed it in the show when Lana says Clark has barely aged. So he’s clearly meant to be playing older than he really is. Lois is 40 which would only mean she was 26 when she got knocked up.

by Anonymousreply 82February 25, 2021 7:50 AM

Has this been cancelled yet?

I give it 3 episodes before it is hurriedly pulled from CW amidst lots of red faces. Then it will never be spoken about again.

by Anonymousreply 83February 25, 2021 8:15 AM

Two episodes have already aired and it’s not cancelled yet.

by Anonymousreply 84February 25, 2021 8:31 AM

[quote] social anxiety disorder.

He's also autistic and non-binary, with peanut and gluten allergies.

This IS the new SJW/Woke CW Network, after all.

by Anonymousreply 85February 25, 2021 8:44 AM

Tyler H looks good in google pics, but he photographs badly on the show. Strange face. He resembles like a slightly better looking Joaquin Phoenix. If anything, he should play a villain, not Superman.

by Anonymousreply 86February 25, 2021 7:17 PM

Two episodes? Do some posters count the introduction called "Superman and Lois: Legacy of Hope" as an episode when it is just a promo for the actual show?

by Anonymousreply 87February 25, 2021 7:21 PM

Episode 1 pulled out all the tired tropes.

Lois resembles more of a bulimic wraith than a woman who birthed twins. The two son actors are annoying. Half of each episode will be their banal teen struggles, with mopey mop hiding his abilities when not nearly incinerating bullies.

Luthor's plan? Eating up Smallville's land to make a kryptonite refinery? Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 88February 26, 2021 2:52 AM

Meh for the CW I thought it was great,,,better than anything else they've got on. It didn't look like CW shows. And Tyler is hot no matter what you weirdos say.

by Anonymousreply 89February 26, 2021 2:57 AM

Now that Supes is a middle aged man with teenage kids the show needs to end and be reimagined as a prequel and recast with younger leads. We've seen enough of this creaky old version with it's February 2021 production and effects and it's long overdue that it go in a new, exciting direction. Thanks so much for the memories. I'm glad we never got to the very special episodes "Clark Tries The Bosley Hair System", "Lois Has Hot Flashes" and "Clark Gets ED".

by Anonymousreply 90February 27, 2021 9:37 PM

"Nadria Tucker On Being Fired From ‘Superman & Lois’: ‘Toxicity’ Is Pervasive"

Nadria Tucker was excited to be one of the first writers hired on “Superman & Lois,” a new CW show building on the DC Comics franchise. She and her co-workers convened to talk about big, ambitious ideas for the show and its characters.

But things got a lot less rosy as their work on the first season progressed. Tucker says she and other writers had concerns about several racist and sexist plotlines and tropes, such as jokes about the Me Too movement, scenes featuring female characters that didn’t pass the Bechdel Test and the main Black character being a villain.

Tucker says she found out in November that her contract on the show would not be renewed, after months of speaking out about these problems.

When “Superman & Lois” premiered last week on The CW, Tucker shared her story again in hopes of exposing some of the ways toxic behavior persists in Hollywood — and how it’s unclear what accountability really looks like in an industry that has long grappled with how to become truly inclusive.

“In the grand scheme of things that have happened to people in the course of working in Hollywood, I have not experienced a fraction of the worst stuff that happened. But the level of microaggressions and toxicity is just so pervasive that it’s almost unavoidable,” she told HuffPost last week. “What’s crazy is that it never felt completely toxic at the time. As a writer, you pitch things and you expect to get your pitches rejected. And then, cumulatively, you realize that all of your pitches that are getting rejected are a certain type of pitch.”

Tucker became a TV writer after working in journalism in Birmingham, Alabama.

“I thought I was going to be the Black Anna Wintour,” she said.

But the magazine where she worked was owned by the local newspaper, which was cratering because of the internet and a decline in advertising revenue. As she saw colleagues get laid off, she began to look for other ways to practice her craft, like working in advertising and writing novels and screenplays. She eventually landed an internship with producer Franklin Leonard, founder of The Black List, which began as an annual list of the best unproduced screenplays and has since grown into a resource and community for screenwriters.

Tucker started to envision a future in entertainment, and she moved to Los Angeles in 2013. She got a job at an agency, which allowed her to build connections and become a writer for shows such as WGN America’s “Underground” and SyFy’s “Krypton.” Then she landed the opportunity to work on “Superman & Lois” with showrunner Todd Helbing.

Tucker wasn’t the only woman or person of color on the writing staff, and she says she felt supported by her fellow writers. They questioned the show’s main Black character being depicted as a villain from the beginning.

“I said, ‘You know, this is not a good look. You want to have representation so that people of color are not only depicted as the villains,’” Tucker recalled. “And Todd responded with, ‘We’ll see what we can do. We may have to ship them in because there are not a lot of Black people in Canada [where the show was filmed].’”

“So that was the kind of response I would get, which, you know, my response to that was, there are Black people in Canada. You can find them,” Tucker added. “I don’t know if that’s the response he wanted to get. I don’t know if he wanted me to laugh, if that was a joke. But it was not funny.”

The casting department did eventually cast other actors of color, Tucker said.

She said studio executives also independently raised concerns about some scenes not passing the Bechdel Test — a measure of how often female characters talk to each other about topics not related to romance — and that Me Too jokes ended up being cut from the show.

When Tucker was dropped from “Superman & Lois,” she said Helbing told her that “my outline and draft were not where he needed them to be for a writer at my level.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 2, 2021 9:20 PM

“It was just bizarre, after having previously heard from him, you know, ‘This looks great. This is great. Good work. Nice work,’” she said. “It was like a wild turn out of nowhere.”

Within days, Tucker tweeted that her contract hadn’t been extended. Representatives from the network’s human resources department then reached out to her for an exit interview, during which she says she went into detail about her experience and provided supporting documents. She says the department never followed up with her on any of her claims.

A spokesperson for The CW forwarded HuffPost’s request for comment to Warner Bros. TV, which produces the show. A spokesperson for Warner Bros. TV declined to comment on the record.

Ahead of its second episode Tuesday, The CW announced it had renewed “Superman & Lois” for another season.

Many TV writers have spoken out about the ways the industry makes it difficult for writers of color and other underrepresented writers to succeed. This can include experiencing retaliation and career consequences after pushing back on offensive comments and content — and shouldering the burden of having to be the person to push back in the first place. A lot of this stems from the hierarchical structure and insular culture of many TV writers rooms and the fact that most showrunners and other people in positions of power continue to be white men.

Tucker’s story illustrates some of the complexities around these issues and how there isn’t an adequate system of accountability. Even punitive measures, like fining or firing toxic individuals, don’t really get at the larger problems with the system that surrounds and enables them.

“There are a lot of people who share those views who are still in power, and work in other places,” she said. “Or they just shift from place to place, and the culture enables itself.”

by Anonymousreply 92March 2, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote]Half of each episode will be their banal teen struggles, with mopey mop hiding his abilities when not nearly incinerating bullies.

I remember many Smallville episodes defeating the villain about 45 minutes into the show, and then the last quarter would be Clark angst in the barn over Lana for about ten or 15 minutes.

I just realized I no longer watch any of the CW shows, which makes sense, since I am not really the target audience. I used to watch IZombie and would catch commercials for the other shows and sometimes get motivated to watch an episode, but it has been awhile since I have flipped to that channel. I also liked Legends seasons 2 to maybe 4, but they lost me when it went magic heavy. I liked that it did not take itself too seriously and was not as angsty, but then it might have gotten too silly. Plus on a superficial note, Brandon Routh left.

by Anonymousreply 93March 2, 2021 9:30 PM

'Legends' and 'iZombie' are snarky fun. Supe & Lois is a soap opera in a cape, with a Black Luthor and apparently, a racist covert MAGA agenda.

Done.

by Anonymousreply 94March 2, 2021 9:50 PM

Renewed for season 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 2, 2021 10:14 PM

Will the athlete have shower scenes?

by Anonymousreply 96March 2, 2021 10:16 PM

It's the CW. The shower scenes have shower scenes.

by Anonymousreply 97March 3, 2021 6:27 AM

R71, honestly, I think about it all the time: what a pity there was no 90s Superman movie with Courtney Cox as Lois Lane because she would have been ABSOLUTLEY PERFECT.

by Anonymousreply 98March 3, 2021 6:47 AM

[quote] “I thought I was going to be the Black Anna Wintour"

Sounds like she has both feet planted firmly in reality.

by Anonymousreply 99March 3, 2021 6:52 AM

You can see Superboy butt in Titans. That's how they try to cover their atrocious writing and acting.

by Anonymousreply 100March 3, 2021 7:17 AM

That "writer" is exhausting. They didn't jump up and down because a black woman had ideas so it was racist and toxic. Jesus Christ. Writers like this are why "Arrow" became The Felicity Show and "The Flash" became Iris saves the world.

by Anonymousreply 101March 3, 2021 11:30 AM

I won’t be watching, but apparently someone is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102March 3, 2021 12:12 PM

Does Tyler Hoechlin have a permanent 5'clock shadow?

He truly does look like a werewolf.

by Anonymousreply 103March 3, 2021 3:16 PM

[quote] He truly does look like a werewolf.

He should play Wolferine.

by Anonymousreply 104March 3, 2021 7:02 PM

I bet the jock brother is gay. The superpowered evil one seems to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 105March 3, 2021 11:46 PM

I always wondered how Lois was able to withstand a super pounding by Superman's rock hard cock?

He's probably15 inches and thick, too!

by Anonymousreply 106March 4, 2021 12:12 AM

He’s super gentle, R106.

by Anonymousreply 107March 4, 2021 12:13 AM

The 1969 nerd treatise on supersex by Larry Niven:

"Superman would literally crush Lois Lane's body in his arms, while simultaneously ripping her open from crotch to sternum, gutting her like a trout. Lastly, he'd blow off the top of her head."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 4, 2021 6:51 AM

Lol R108.

That's fucking insane!

by Anonymousreply 109March 4, 2021 3:03 PM

Holy shit

[quote] Were they human sperm, they would be out of luck. But these tiny blind things are more powerful than a locomotive. A thickened cell wall won't stop them. They will *all* enter the egg, obliterating it entirely in an orgy of microscopic gang rape. So much for artificial insemination.

But LL's problems are just beginning. Within her body there are still tens of millions of frustrated kryptonian sperm. The single egg is now too diffuse to be a target. The sperm scatter. They scatter without regard to what is in their path. They leave curved channels, microscopically small. Presently all will have found their way to the open air. That leaves LL with several million microscopic perforations all leading deep into her abdomen. Most of the channels will intersect one or more loops of intestine. Peritonitis is inevitable. LL becomes desperately ill.

Meanwhile, tens of millions of sperm swarm in the air over Metropolis.

by Anonymousreply 110March 5, 2021 9:20 AM

[Quote] So I guess this doesn't take place in the Arrowverse ?

It does because Diggle shows up. But they're really going out of their way to ignore Kara. And it's stupid that Todd is trying to blame it on covid.

by Anonymousreply 111July 6, 2021 12:49 PM

The ONLY Superman is Christopher Reeve and the ONLY Superman movies to watch are Superman (1978) and Superman II (1980).

by Anonymousreply 112July 6, 2021 12:53 PM

R112 How dare you!

by Anonymousreply 113July 6, 2021 12:59 PM

Bumping this for season 2. They finally introduced a non-straight character but it's not who anyone likely wanted.

Apparently Lana's daughter kissed a girl during summer camp.

by Anonymousreply 114January 19, 2022 4:00 AM

R114 Of-fucking-course. But they put the hard "No" on Jon, whose comic counterpart is canonically bi. CW's double standard towards MLM relationships is starting to become glaringly obvious. RMFE.

by Anonymousreply 115January 19, 2022 5:13 AM

I don't think it's CW's as much as it is DC's double standards.

by Anonymousreply 116January 19, 2022 5:18 AM

[quote] He's probably15 inches and thick, too!

Kryptonians are notable for their tiny penises.

by Anonymousreply 117January 19, 2022 5:23 AM

This thread aged well 🤣

by Anonymousreply 118April 1, 2023 12:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!