Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ken Jennings to be named permanent Jeopardy! host early next week.

You know Ken Jennings is going to be the permanent host of “Jeopardy!” It’s just a matter of time.

For the week of February 7th, Jennings’ fourth week of shows were up in the ratings by 2 percent, 6.1 million. Ken is rocking. On the show he’s personable and relaxed and totally engaged with the contestants.

Next week we’ll see the show’s executive producer take a crack at hosting, and then a few celeb fill ins like Katie Couric and quarterback Aaron Rodgers. There will be more, through the spring, and then Jennings will likely be named permanent host in May.

“Jeopardy” remains the number 1 show in syndication, which is a tribute to Alex Trebek.

The sad news is that December’s winning contestant, 24 year old Brayden Smith, died in January after a brief hospitalization. This is tragic. The kid seemed so happy, and he won $115K!

Other syndication news: “The Ellen Show” was down to 1 million, but “Live with Kelly and Ryan” remains a powerhouse with 2 million. Amazing. And that’s tribute to Regis Philbin, who invented the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 7, 2021 2:38 AM

Fuck that Mormon breeder.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2021 5:40 PM

I was skeptical at first but he’s doing a great job hosting. He has a lot of credibility with the audience and contestants as the GOAT and does a good job conducting the pace of game play. In conversation with contestants he’s clever and personable but also always tries to make the contestants look good.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2021 5:53 PM

I thought they were going to the 'brother'?!?

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2021 6:05 PM

R2 I agree with you. He's likable enough and has never given me a reason to feel negative about him. Trebek seemed to take a liking to him as well.

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2021 6:12 PM

I thought he’d be insufferable, but to his credit, he’s done well and earned the nod.

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2021 6:25 PM

Which is why he got ahead of the curve and made a blanket apology for whatever offensive things he may have tweeted in the past.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2021 8:02 PM

Wow a thread with no cuntery ecxept for the traditional r1. Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2021 9:56 PM

I never liked him but must say he's doing a great job so congratulations

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2021 10:04 PM

Aaron Rodgers is probably pissed and was probably hoping for this gig after he retired from football.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2021 10:16 PM

He's been than that gamblers guy with the creepy smile.

It will be a hit with Ken because the gay hating cult only supports their own. American Idol and SYTYCD are examples.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2021 10:33 PM

He is doing a fantastic job. He's adorkable and probably has a huge cut dick.

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2021 10:38 PM

He's doing great, surprisingly so.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2021 11:47 PM

so it's tracy flick then.

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2021 11:50 PM

So! No post about the Exec Prod hosting hottie?

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 11:45 PM

He looks plastic, R14. Very flat.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 11:49 PM

KEN JENNINGS? Ugh. He had a metoo with some tweets he had sent, making fun of fat girls or something. That's going to resurface if he's announced. Alex was smart and attractive. Jennings is smart but doesn't have the charm or the looks that Alex had. In fact, the "rotating guest hosts" was announced after those tweets of his first surfaced.

I hope it's not him.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 11:49 PM

It should have been Brad Rutter, the third of the "big three" (not the gambling guy, that's James Holzhauer).

He's attractive and has ten times the personality that Ken does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 11:54 PM

After 3 decades of Alex Trebek I was hoping they would replace him with someone I can stomach. Ken Jennings is a truly horrible host. I will now longer watch Jeopardy. All good things come to an end. I am removing the show from my DVR schedule.

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2021 12:14 AM

I think Jennings will be ok with the tweets as they are not racist or homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2021 12:33 AM

He is hideous. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2021 12:38 AM

It's a game show, not Ibsen.

If he can walk, talk, be blandly appealing and not shit himself on stage, he's in.

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2021 12:45 AM

Smell Miss R18! She Has Stated Her Boundaries!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 12:47 AM

So happy for him. Well deserved!

I like Brad, too, but I think the championship between Brad, Ken and James was really an audition for who was to take over. For whatever reason, Brad choked.

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2021 4:17 AM

[quote]Wow a thread with no cuntery ecxept for the traditional [R1]. Just wow.

Well R7, hang on.

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2021 4:42 AM

He's awful and ugly. No personality.

by Anonymousreply 25February 23, 2021 4:59 AM

No POC? No trans? Not even a lowly gay guy?

Twitter will cancel this in about five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 26February 23, 2021 5:50 AM

Ken has been doing a great job. Some have mentioned his Mormon roots, but I think they're just that, roots. I was raised Catholic but don't carry around three sets of rosaries. He's got a sunny personality, some wit, and a hint of sarcasm that's always appreciated on this show. I look forward to the other guest hosts to see how they do.

by Anonymousreply 27February 23, 2021 7:02 PM

They should've given it to the Reading Rainbow guy.

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2021 7:03 PM

Who is this new guest host? As we like to say on the DL, I want him in me, deeply.

by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2021 11:45 PM

The exec producer is very handsome but Ken is much better as a host.

by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2021 11:47 PM

I think the Exec Producer is better than Ken.

The EP is more engaging. Ken is more robotic

by Anonymousreply 31February 23, 2021 11:49 PM

The Exec Producer has big dick face and BDE.

by Anonymousreply 32February 23, 2021 11:52 PM

Mike Richards hosted Beauty and the Geek, a short-lived but critically acclaimed reality show.

by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2021 11:54 PM

I started out disliking Ken Jennings when he first appeared years ago. Not any more. And he is certainly better than James Holzhauer, who I have always found to be completely insufferable.

I thought that Ken did a great job as guest host. He was relaxed, warm, and friendly.

I don’t care for Mike Richards, the Executive Producer. It seems as if he’s trying much too hard and his manner seems forced. Which is why I thought it was strange to read that people want him to be the permanent replacement for Alex.

And, is he going to sign off every night with that same damn spiel about kindness? It was fine the first time, but I don’t think that we need to hear the same thing every damn night. He doesn’t need a sign off; he’s not Walter Cronkite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 25, 2021 12:20 AM

R34, watching right now. I think he does well and is handsome.

But it's one of those things where you can tell the boss really doesn't want to do the employees job. They need to hire someone.

by Anonymousreply 35March 2, 2021 11:26 PM

So was he named as the permanent host, or not?

Because I was reading on the Aaron Rodgers thread that he might be named host.

What happened to Ken Jennings?

by Anonymousreply 36May 7, 2021 2:06 AM

Aaron will never be host. It will either be Ken or LeVar.

by Anonymousreply 37May 7, 2021 2:08 AM

According to this thread R37, it sounded like Jennings was going to be made the permanent host back in February.

What happened to that?

by Anonymousreply 38May 7, 2021 2:09 AM

Ken Jennings is GROSS. They just lost a customer. Katie Couric or Anderson Cooper would have been great hosts. Gayle King, even better. We don't need a conservative Mormon professional Jeopardy player as host. It's a mistake. Simple minded. Ken Jennings has no charm or depth. Seriously. I won't watch again. GROSS.

by Anonymousreply 39May 7, 2021 2:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!