Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tell Me Your Secrets on Prime

Anyone watching Lily Rabe rabing it up? Hamish Linklater is awesomely creepy. I love that Susan Walters has her natural face. And Amy Brenneman proves that every actress over 50 with fillers and a weave looks like Caitlyn. But seriously, a bit contrived, but okay.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 3:17 PM

No one watching this? It’s rather like Your Honor in terms of writing and plot holes, but it’s a better watch.

by Anonymousreply 1February 20, 2021 4:58 PM

It was okay. I love Lily Rabe, but I have never liked Amy Brenneman.

by Anonymousreply 2February 20, 2021 5:48 PM

What did you think of Hamish, R2?

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2021 7:45 PM

half way thru, shit series, boring and predictable, way drawn out......why she in this crap???

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2021 11:29 PM

Should have been reduced too 3 episodes....most filler that ive seen in a show. Ridic

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2021 12:03 AM

Just watched the first two episodes. They jump from storyline to storyline so quickly, it feels like 20 different plots at once.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2021 12:40 AM

I’m watching it now. I like it, though I don’t understand why the heroine doesn’t brush her hair - - considering she works in a beauty/barber shop.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2021 1:09 AM

Didn’t grab me. I didn’t go back to it after episode five. Just never took off for me.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2021 1:22 AM

She plays it so dykey, and constant crying/whining....

tedious and not worth the time.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2021 1:23 AM

Fortunately Elliott Fletcher doesn’t have a lot of screen time. I hated his characters on The Fosters and Shameless. (Is that literal violence?)

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2021 1:24 AM

i liked miss rabe before this.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2021 1:29 AM

This is so bad.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 2:38 AM

I didn’t know Hamish and Lily are a couple in real life.

Also this was filmed a few years ago for TNT and they shelved it.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 3:37 AM

Interesting, r13. I didn’t know either of those things.

Hamish is sort of sexy.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 4:12 AM

Oops, I forgot to link the article I read that in. I don't think I'd cite The Undoing as a career highlight.

Like its main characters, Tell Me Your Secrets has a mysterious backstory. It’s been sitting on the shelf for a few years, after TNT decided to cancel it after the entire first season had been shot. Brett Weitz, general manager of TNT, TBS, and TruTV, said that it “wasn’t right” for TNT. But the ready-made thriller series starring TV vet Amy Brenneman and real-life couple Lily Rabe and Hamish Linklater apparently found a second wind (Rabe’s stellar turn in the recent HBO limited series The Undoing probably didn’t hurt). Now the series, created by Call The Midwife’s Harriet Warner, is being released en masse on Prime Video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 5:10 AM

They definitely set it up for another season, but after reading that backstory I don’t imagine any of them would want to revisit it.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 7:15 AM

Is the guy the mom is banging her missing daughter’s boyfriend? He made a comment about missing the daughter in one scene so made me think he was.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2021 7:24 AM

Very contrived storyline, but not totally unwatchable. Although, I’ve been a shut in for 11 months and am running out of viewing options. I really liked Hamish in this, though. He plays creepy well. Brenneman’s character is pretty irredeemable. Doubt there will be a second season.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2021 3:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!