Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would you date a bi-guy?

As a gay man would you ever consider dating a bisexual man?

by Anonymousreply 87March 2, 2021 3:54 AM

Useless without a poll, OP

by Anonymousreply 1February 17, 2021 7:20 PM

Never.

by Anonymousreply 2February 17, 2021 7:21 PM

Never...hard enough with a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 3February 17, 2021 7:23 PM

I’m only into bi and mostly straight dudes

by Anonymousreply 4February 17, 2021 7:25 PM

I've met a few dozen genuinely bi guys over time, and every one of them told me that they planned to have an LTR with a woman when they're ready to settle down. Never another man. To them, gay men existed only for short term recreational sex.

So OP, my answer is no.

by Anonymousreply 5February 17, 2021 7:26 PM

Married to one.

by Anonymousreply 6February 17, 2021 7:28 PM

Here's a thread we don't do once a week!

by Anonymousreply 7February 17, 2021 7:29 PM

Dating for fun, 100% ok with it. Looking for LTR, never would I ever.

by Anonymousreply 8February 17, 2021 7:29 PM

FUCK. NO.

Disease-ridden whores that will throw you under the bus for a whiff of fish any chance they get.

by Anonymousreply 9February 17, 2021 7:33 PM

I have played with bi and straight questioning guys . They're delusional that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 10February 17, 2021 7:33 PM

I think Bi-guys are in denial. They are gays who are incapable to face their sexuality. For one night it can be very delicious and orgasmic but not for a serious relationship

by Anonymousreply 11February 17, 2021 7:37 PM

We can be fuckbuddies, friends, frenemies -- whatever -- but never bfs. To love a bi guy romantically, for me, is to commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 12February 17, 2021 8:00 PM

^^ this x 1000.

by Anonymousreply 13February 17, 2021 8:10 PM

They always end up with women, so definitely not. Just curious, are there any bi guys here on DL?

by Anonymousreply 14February 17, 2021 9:03 PM

Same as dating a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 15February 17, 2021 9:14 PM

Just a man that will leave you for a woman.

by Anonymousreply 16February 17, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote] Just a man that will leave you for a woman.

Oh please, what bi guy has ever given up dick for pussy? Most bi guys would never even go near pussy.

by Anonymousreply 17February 17, 2021 9:49 PM

They marry women and go down low. Who needs this?

by Anonymousreply 18February 17, 2021 9:54 PM

Theoretically I would be open to it. I have very different tastes in men from fem twinks to older daddy types, so I get being attracted to different 'people'. But in reality I doubt it. As others have said, I have enough problems with gay men, I dont need to be adding another sexual layer to it My experiences with them even just on a social level have turned me off. Especially the self identified gay-leaning ones. Often crazy or deeply insecure. Deeply, deeply insecure.

by Anonymousreply 19February 17, 2021 10:04 PM

Most bi guys end up gay. Most bi women end up straight.

by Anonymousreply 20February 17, 2021 10:07 PM

Lived with one for 10 years....DON'T .

by Anonymousreply 21February 17, 2021 10:10 PM

Only for fun. Most likely he’ll want a long term relationship with a woman at some point so I can’t handle that. Too many I know have been heart broken by supposedly bi men.

by Anonymousreply 22February 17, 2021 10:11 PM

I have several

by Anonymousreply 23February 17, 2021 10:28 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 24February 17, 2021 10:31 PM

If he can't commit to himself, why would he commit to you?

by Anonymousreply 25February 17, 2021 10:44 PM

No, but I would fuck him several times.

by Anonymousreply 26February 17, 2021 10:50 PM

The “bisexual” male will almost invariably pursue public/family approval with a female.

by Anonymousreply 27February 17, 2021 10:56 PM

I briefly dated a guy that was openly bi, but after we had been dating for a while, he started bringing up the idea of us having a threesome with a woman, I told him I'm gay and not interested in having sex with a woman, but he keeps pushing, and I kept saying no then one day he tells me he'd already talked about it with one of his female friends and that she would be totally into it, we stopped dating.

by Anonymousreply 28February 17, 2021 10:56 PM

R20 nailed it. The dick wins in the end for Bi men and women.

by Anonymousreply 29February 17, 2021 11:47 PM

Only if he was filthy rich and at death's door. Otherwise, definitely not. The voice of experience.

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2021 12:32 AM

It didn’t go well for Elio and Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2021 12:37 AM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2021 12:49 AM

Maybe a bi guy wouldn't want to date a bunch of stuck up puritans....

by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2021 12:51 AM

No, because bisexuality is greedy.

by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2021 1:21 AM

I've created a new, more accurate Datalounge Motto:

'Acceptance, acceptance.

It's the thing for me.

But ask for it from me?

It's not for thee!'

[Yes, I would and have dated a bisexual guy. Damn, this place is ignorant AF.]

by Anonymousreply 35February 18, 2021 2:26 AM

Dating is one thing,hoping for a long term relationship with one is quite another. Bi guys ALWAYS end up with women in the end. ALWAYS.

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2021 2:50 AM

I am most attracted to bi and straight guys. Pretty much exclusively. I do believe there are truly bi men. And I do believe there are truly straight men, who like to have sex with men for various reasons.

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2021 2:55 AM

Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2021 3:05 AM

Imagine feeling like damaged goods for a sexual orientation

by Anonymousreply 39February 18, 2021 3:16 AM

I do believe that r37 has a strong preference for emotionally unavailable partners. Which is funny, because plenty of gay guys would hit it and quit it, but I guess that's still too much risk.

by Anonymousreply 40February 18, 2021 3:16 AM

No, he just has "masculinity issues".

by Anonymousreply 41February 18, 2021 3:21 AM

Relationships are overrated. Have fun, don't get too invested emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 42February 18, 2021 3:36 AM

Would fuck, hell yes. Date, LTR? It would end in tears. And yes, they always date women and are never fully comfortable with their homo side.

I prefer them, though. The hot ones anyway. They’re basically straight guys who will sometimes have sex with other guys. For all intents and purposes, that’s what the vast majority of bi guys are. And they’re all the sexier for it.

A 100% gay guy who’s emotionally and practically available? Ewwww.

by Anonymousreply 43February 18, 2021 3:49 AM

Better ask women. They are the ones who have issues with it., cause most bi guys tell the male guy gays and make bis that they are, yet keep it out of conversation with their girlfriends

My ex is bi, but hid from myself kept it from our and all of our mutual friends who were straight

Straight women don’t mind and would love to participate even straight one.

by Anonymousreply 44February 18, 2021 4:02 AM

For fucking only. Many above have already eloquently provided details as to why this would be the wisest choice.

by Anonymousreply 45February 18, 2021 4:07 AM

He will tell you he is bi and then you find out he’s bi-curious. Bi-curious men are scrapey-toothed bottoms and I am not a mentally qualified therapist for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 46February 18, 2021 4:08 AM

Nope.

Why don't they just date each other?

by Anonymousreply 47February 18, 2021 4:42 AM

Well, it hard to get jealous over another woman. You can hardly compare yourself and feel you lacked something other than a vagina if he left you for a chick..

So, yes.

by Anonymousreply 48February 18, 2021 4:45 AM

I did in my 20s. Predictably, it did end well. He proclaimed he was openly bi.

We were not dating exclusively and he often told me about women he dated. One night, I ordered takeout from a restaurant and when I went to pick it up. As I was exiting, he came in with a woman. I smile, greeted them, and paused so as to exchange pleasantries. His date introduced herself and I recognized the name from our conversations. When she asked me how I knew him, I said that we were also dating. I didn’t stay to see how things went, but he called me later that night. He was irate. I hung up on him and a half hour later, he was buzzing my door from outside, screaming at me on the intercom. It turns out that seeing him at the restaurant was the last time I saw him.

by Anonymousreply 49February 18, 2021 4:51 AM

Well, why in the heck did you go and do a thing like that, R49?

by Anonymousreply 50February 18, 2021 5:02 AM

No thank you, not for me.

Straight women have even less willingness than us gays to date them. They do not want a man who is 'on the DL' (and I don't mean Datalounge).

by Anonymousreply 51February 18, 2021 5:02 AM

I've dated two. Both claimed they favored women and used that as ammunition against me, and against gay men in general. One had deep internalized homophobia which showed in his treatment of other men. d

by Anonymousreply 52February 18, 2021 5:07 AM

Not into marinated meat.

by Anonymousreply 53February 18, 2021 5:07 AM

What do you mean they used their stated preference for women as “ammunition” against you and other gay men, R52?

by Anonymousreply 54February 18, 2021 5:11 AM

Ever notice how Bi-Guys never acknowledge they are bi in front of straight crowds or parties? They LOVE to pretend they are straight and "its not big deal" not mentioning they are Bi. But in a gay crowd, of course they are openly and publicly gay and maybe Bi. It's always a shifting definition with them.

If they were truly Bi, then they should not be closeted about it when it's convenient.

by Anonymousreply 55February 18, 2021 5:13 AM

R49, I had an almost identical experience, but I walked away when he pretended not to know me — after 5 months of dating. I’ve dated 3 guys who were bisexual and let’s just say that the rhythms were off.

Bi guys are not gay. They’re bi. They’re in a category all by themselves. Best let them date each other, but if you’re gay? RUN.

by Anonymousreply 56February 18, 2021 5:23 AM

[quote] Bi guys are not gay. They’re bi. They’re in a category all by themselves. Best let them date each other, but if you’re gay? RUN.

Gospel truth. I learned my lesson from dating one years ago. Never again. They truly duplicitous individuals, it's in their nature.

by Anonymousreply 57February 18, 2021 5:26 AM

R54

It would be used as a method of triangulation, to generate conflict, interest, or a sense of competition by getting close to or highlighting closeness to his ex wife or women he'd dated since. He'd make sure to mention how much easier women were and how dramatic gay men could be. He would sometimes refer to things as "faggy", but probably had my semen leaking out of his ass at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 58February 18, 2021 5:31 AM

Yes and in some countries it's common.

by Anonymousreply 59February 18, 2021 5:34 AM

No. They are liars and game players. They are just as harmful to date as an Aspie or an addict.

by Anonymousreply 60February 18, 2021 5:35 AM

That’s an astute comparison, R60.

by Anonymousreply 61February 18, 2021 5:39 AM

I have in the past. It doesn't really matter to me. If someone's got a wandering eye they've got a wandering eye. If someone cheats on you, they cheated on you, doesn't matter what gender.

by Anonymousreply 62February 18, 2021 5:54 AM

R62

What you're doing is NOT stereotyping and maligning an entire demographic group.

That's not the datalounge way. The datalounge way is to view other groups in the same way that homophobes view them: as inherently immoral, mentally unstable, a threat.

These people see bisexuals and transgender people the same way that homophobes see them.

by Anonymousreply 63February 18, 2021 6:08 AM

The only way to test your theory, R63, is to be true is to find some homophobes who have dated gay men.

by Anonymousreply 64February 18, 2021 6:14 AM

R64

That shouldn't be hard. Homophobes who have dated gay men; so, in other words, gay republicans.

by Anonymousreply 65February 18, 2021 6:20 AM

Straight women do not want to date them, according to my women friends. They think bi guys are as promiscuous as the sluttiest of gay men, and walking pits of disease. However, they do lament that the bi guys are often gorgeous and sexy, though toxic.

by Anonymousreply 66February 18, 2021 9:08 AM

I don't know, some of my partners have accused me of being bi because I fucked around with women (and, if no men are available, I probably could again when this shit with COVID ends). However, if I am out and about, I always search for a nelly bottom and don't really think about women. Out of hunger I have thought about fucking a few but overall, it's always about men. Also, I haven't once been with a man who said he was bi. I kind of find them a bit disturbing tbh.

by Anonymousreply 67February 18, 2021 9:59 AM

Bi men - emotionally into women, sexually into men. There's the issue.

by Anonymousreply 68February 18, 2021 12:17 PM

[quote] Bi guys are not gay. They’re bi. They’re in a category all by themselves.

That category is called FICTION.

by Anonymousreply 69February 18, 2021 1:29 PM

Then you're Bi R67 and best avoided by gay men.

by Anonymousreply 70February 18, 2021 4:59 PM

Good god no.

by Anonymousreply 71February 19, 2021 3:18 AM

The “No” guys on here are in denial. If the Bi guy is hot and your type looks-wise, of course you would date him and convince yourself he is really gay (until he leaves you for a woman).

by Anonymousreply 72February 28, 2021 12:15 AM

I'm a guy and yes, I would date a bi-guy. I'd even be open to allowing him to date women, but I wouldn't be open to him dating other men.

by Anonymousreply 73February 28, 2021 12:18 AM

R73, are you a masochist, or...?

by Anonymousreply 74February 28, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote] That category is called FICTION.

You obviously haven’t known any actual bisexual men in your life.

by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2021 12:22 AM

If the sex is good and it’s not serious, why not?

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2021 12:34 AM

A bi guy loved me several years ago without any sex, just a ton of tension and lately, admission. I'd have dated him that several years ago. This desire faded a few years ago. And now he's have to work to convince me.

by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2021 12:35 AM

Do that new gallop poll that just came out that found 1 in 6 "identify" as LGBTQ+? the survey also showed a whopping ONE PERCENT of bisexuals in same sex relationships. LMAO it's a little lower than the pew study that found 8% a couple years ago.

by Anonymousreply 78February 28, 2021 12:38 AM

[quote]Would you date a bi-guy?

Gay male here and I would never, ever date a bi-guy OP. Not for any reason whatsoever - and the reasons have been listed over and over here at DL for the last 2 decades.

I think you're just trolling actually.

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2021 12:43 AM

I am married to a bi man. And have been for nearly five years. We’ve been together almost ten years.

It’s possible. Just like it’s possible for gay men not to cheat on you with other gay men.

by Anonymousreply 80February 28, 2021 2:21 AM

Not again, no. I dated one for a year and a half. He cheated on me with a woman and knocked her up.

I can't compete with that.

We broke up, and he married her and she shit out a couple more kids.

He's fat now.

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2021 2:35 AM

R74, hello. This is R73. No I am not a masochist. I guess it would have to be a somewhat open relationship. Maybe have fun on the side, but don't bring anyone home.

by Anonymousreply 82March 2, 2021 12:11 AM

I have. Unremarkable, really. Didn't try to do a three way, would occasionally remark on a woman's beauty but it was just a short term, bland relationship. I broke up with him because he didn't seem to have any sort of life plan or ambition besides DJing through his 20's. He has three ex-wives and six kids now.

by Anonymousreply 83March 2, 2021 12:26 AM

I mean aren't there any bi guys on DL to chime in on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 84March 2, 2021 12:26 AM

No, They aren't worth the mess.

by Anonymousreply 85March 2, 2021 12:27 AM

No. Wouldn't even consider dating a bi-guy. God no.

by Anonymousreply 86March 2, 2021 2:02 AM

Bi woman. Would date and have dated bi men and other bi women, with the same sorts of successes and failures you'd expect from any set of relationships. I'm sure it helps that I am bi myself and not going into these relationships with a lot of irrational fears and weird preconceived notions about bisexuality and bi people. Other than "they like women AND men," there's really nothing you can say about bisexuals that applies to the entire demographic. As with any group, some are assholes and some are lovely human beings; some are terrible at relationships and others are wonderful boyfriends or girlfriends. It used to piss me off when DLers made ignorant remarks such as "it's in every bisexual's nature to be duplicitous"; now it just makes me laugh and feel a bit of pity for those who live such willfully limited lives.

My only rule for dating other bi people (or anybody, really) is that they must be OUT. I'm not interested in being some chick's dirty secret or finding out after months of dating that my boyfriend has boyfriends of his own. (Having them is fine, depending on the "rules" of the relationship; pretending you're not even interested in other guys is not fine.) And I've grown too old and cranky to enjoy playing therapist to well-meaning bis and lezzies who are just too scared and insecure to deal openly with their same-sex attractions.

by Anonymousreply 87March 2, 2021 3:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!