Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Palm Springs Redux

I thought this one looked familiar and indeed, it was for sale back in 2016. Hasn't sold in 5 years, and owner is still asking the same amount.

I can't imagine why this little gem has not flown off the shelves!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 17, 2021 4:00 PM

Oh honey we discuss this several times PER YEAR. You haven't dredged it up so far from the past. The last thread was just months ago.

by Anonymousreply 1February 17, 2021 2:11 PM

Ugly on so many levels--they seem to have picked ugliness from every decade across the middle of the 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 2February 17, 2021 2:15 PM

Did they stage it like this on purpose? I notice the old Mr. Coffee and the mini-1970's TV on the kitchen counters. I can literally smell the mold and cigarette residue from here.

And what is it with the real estate agents these days using those stupid filters that make every window look like there's no glass and that there's a sunny, lush and aired blue sky just outside? It's so obvious the photo's been doctored. Couldn't they just up the resolution and saturation of what's outside instead of using some lowbrow real estate agent application to fake views?

by Anonymousreply 3February 17, 2021 2:16 PM

I swear we just had a thread on this house last month.

by Anonymousreply 4February 17, 2021 2:16 PM

I missed it the first time but I'm laughing my ass off. Thanks OP. I'd keep it and rent it out as a theme air bnb. The bedroom looks like something in Jeannie's bottle.

So, so awful but kind of wonderful in a hideous way. Was it some old lady who never updated?

by Anonymousreply 5February 17, 2021 2:17 PM

It looks like it smells like dying lilacs and regret.

by Anonymousreply 6February 17, 2021 2:23 PM

...or a house in Ryan Murphy’s latest series about a fading starlet and her her hawt chauffeur set in the ‘80’s.

by Anonymousreply 7February 17, 2021 2:26 PM

Even the Brady Bunch kids would have turned down a free vacation to Palm Springs on that one. It is far below even Alice's tastes.

by Anonymousreply 8February 17, 2021 2:31 PM

before i got acquainted with Palm Springs, this is how i pictured it! Dripping!

by Anonymousreply 9February 17, 2021 2:35 PM

What's the point of that gigantic coffee table when you can't even reach it from the couch without getting up? I do like some of it, though. I'd keep the couches and reupholster them, yank out all that awful carpeting, maybe take it all down to the bones and start over, especially that awful bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 10February 17, 2021 2:39 PM

Well, scammy selfish flippers put in $100K and wanted double for what they spent in updating just 2 years later. Now they've decided to go for broke and get $1.1 million on their $800k investment.

Fuck them. I saw this hipster LA couple who bought this - just every stereotype you could imagine.

by Anonymousreply 11February 17, 2021 2:42 PM

Well I love it ! At least you cant say its boring! Id tweak a few things but overall Id leave it intact . Its absolutely splendid in its lack of taste !

by Anonymousreply 12February 17, 2021 2:56 PM

You gave me shit for my plaid couch cover In 2010, but at least all my lines matched up. WTF is this shit?

Whoever sewed the twincest bedcovers needs to have their pressing foot smooshed. Take away their auto-threader.

by Anonymousreply 13February 17, 2021 3:04 PM

My apologies, searched and didn't see it so recently.

Amused when people have hideous homes like this for sale for eons and won't update or lower the asking price.

by Anonymousreply 14February 17, 2021 3:45 PM

It's unfortunate R13, but they did cut the overhang on the crossgrain, so they did the best they could. Maybe choosing something other than PLAID would be better for a slipcover.

by Anonymousreply 15February 17, 2021 4:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!