Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

**BREAKING** Britain's Prince Phillip Circling the Drain!

Admitted to a hospital earlier today. You've had your time as an entitled, elitist bitch girl, now go into the light and bring yer family with you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531April 9, 2021 11:09 AM

Why does good dick have to die so young?

by Anonymousreply 1February 17, 2021 1:37 PM

You know ME! will be chafing at him taking away attention from Oprah interview announcement.

by Anonymousreply 2February 17, 2021 1:38 PM

I would say, "WE ALREADY KNOW!", but I love your headline, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3February 17, 2021 1:38 PM

I assume that Harry is already on a private jet, heading back to merry ole England?

by Anonymousreply 4February 17, 2021 1:40 PM

This old geezer rolled his Range Rover and still walked away. He must have the skeleton of a T-100. Probably just going in for a top-up from his blood boy.

by Anonymousreply 5February 17, 2021 1:42 PM

In honor of the old Elitist, I respectfully submit a copy of Prince Philip's Greatest Hits. Watch at your leisure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 17, 2021 1:43 PM

He's a elitist royal cunt but I kind of liked the purity of it and him.

by Anonymousreply 7February 17, 2021 1:44 PM

Buh-bye...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 17, 2021 1:45 PM

Getting ready to be reincarnated as a virus!

by Anonymousreply 9February 17, 2021 1:45 PM

[quote]You've had your time as an entitled, elitist bitch girl

He's had 99 years of it. He's probably fine with it although I would have wanted to make 100 if I were less than 4 months away.

by Anonymousreply 10February 17, 2021 1:46 PM

"He is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest."

Resting from his otherwise grueling schedule?

by Anonymousreply 11February 17, 2021 1:48 PM

Thanks R6! I wish that had subtitles. No doubt easy for you Brits to understand, but very difficult to understand all the silly things he's saying in that rapid-fire proper English accent.

by Anonymousreply 12February 17, 2021 1:53 PM

One hears a noise!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 17, 2021 1:54 PM

Will Kate and Camera-Shy Megan make-up at the funeral?

by Anonymousreply 14February 17, 2021 2:00 PM

"The Duke of Edinburgh was taken from Windsor Castle, where he has spent the past few months, to London by car - not with an ambulance - and walked unaided into the hospital."

Told you bitches I'm hardcore!!

by Anonymousreply 15February 17, 2021 2:02 PM

The Old Boy may be down, but he's not out. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 16February 17, 2021 2:03 PM

Unfortunately, when one half of a longtime marriage dies, the other isn’t far behind. What a shame...do to COVID he won’t get a state funeral (unless it’s postponed until next year).

by Anonymousreply 17February 17, 2021 2:06 PM

Good riddance to the old cunt

by Anonymousreply 18February 17, 2021 2:09 PM

Poor Bubbiekins.

by Anonymousreply 19February 17, 2021 2:09 PM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 20February 17, 2021 2:10 PM

Go away R16, you tiresome sycophant, with your incessant "her majesty" and "sir" bullshit. You're not sitting in some Kensington tea room having finger sandwiches with Lady Lowtitts, you ridiculous queen.

by Anonymousreply 21February 17, 2021 2:11 PM

Shut your hole R21 — You'll only attract flies.

by Anonymousreply 22February 17, 2021 2:12 PM

Buahahahaha! The spell is working!

by Anonymousreply 23February 17, 2021 2:14 PM

R19 Princess Alice may have lived to almost 103, but she had lost her wits for some time before then. On balance, I would say that dying at 99, but with one's wits intact, is preferable.

R21: lol

by Anonymousreply 24February 17, 2021 2:14 PM

Well, I nevuh!

by Anonymousreply 25February 17, 2021 2:15 PM

[quote] do to COVID

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 26February 17, 2021 2:15 PM

Is that a stiff upper lip, your highness, or has rigor mortis set in?

by Anonymousreply 27February 17, 2021 2:18 PM

[quote] [R19] Princess Alice may have lived to almost 103, but she had lost her wits for some time before then. On balance, I would say that dying at 99, but with one's wits intact, is preferable.

Princess Alice of Greece, his mother, not Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester, the Queen's aunt. Philip's mother died in her 80s.

by Anonymousreply 28February 17, 2021 2:18 PM

If the old boy could survive Co-Ved then he will survive this latest bout of feeling under the weather as well. The royals are too healthy and well taken care of to die.

by Anonymousreply 29February 17, 2021 2:20 PM

R28 Before marriage: Princess Alice of Battenburg. After marriage: Princess Andrew of Greece.

by Anonymousreply 30February 17, 2021 2:20 PM

I will miss the old Prince. When he's departed, is it disrespectful to masturbate to photos of the prince from the 40s and 50s- hell 60s? He was extremely handsome for so long- I can get off for years.

by Anonymousreply 31February 17, 2021 2:21 PM

His death will be a big deal here in the UK. Not because he was a nice bloke or because he was loved or even because he was Royal, but because he's a decorated WWII naval officer who's also served the Queen without question and has done a lot for charities. The Duke of Edinburgh scheme is huge and does a lot for kids.

He's from a different age. He seems even from a different age to the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 32February 17, 2021 2:23 PM

Sad last days!

by Anonymousreply 33February 17, 2021 2:24 PM

Only the good die young.

by Anonymousreply 34February 17, 2021 2:24 PM

Not disrespectful at all, R31.

by Anonymousreply 35February 17, 2021 2:31 PM

The only 99 yo that counts is Betty White.

by Anonymousreply 36February 17, 2021 2:37 PM

Will his secret love children be invited to the funeral?

by Anonymousreply 37February 17, 2021 2:38 PM

Did I miss something? Did he have Covid? I know William did.

by Anonymousreply 38February 17, 2021 2:39 PM

Is the Duchess of Sussex ok???? Someone please ask her, or else we’ll still be hearing about it when she is 99...

by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2021 2:41 PM

R39 Yes, he had Covid a number of months ago. Survived quite nicely. Hospital stay.

by Anonymousreply 40February 17, 2021 2:44 PM

I wonder if it's side effects from the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 41February 17, 2021 2:47 PM

Probably a reaction to the second vaccine shot. He and the Queen had the first dose five weeks ago and the second sometimes has worse side effects.

by Anonymousreply 42February 17, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote]Unfortunately, when one half of a longtime marriage dies, the other isn’t far behind.

Being married since the beginning of time notwithstanding, don’t the queen and Prince Phillip live apart pretty much most of the year?

by Anonymousreply 43February 17, 2021 2:52 PM

With the lack of sufficient vaccine doses why should people who already had covid have any priority for getting it regardless of age, etc. Apart from many probably having some immunity, do we even know if it's wise to give more of those spike proteins to someone whose immune system is already primed to attack those same proteins? Or whatever they're called. Could that lead to issues or even that cyto whatever storm? We really don't know that much about covid let alone the vaccines. We have one year history with sars cov2 and only months with the vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2021 2:59 PM

My mistake, R28. I thought that the Princess Alice reference was a royal version of the old Olivia de Havilland "so young" thing on here (i.e. Princess Alice [Duchess of Gloucester], the oldest-ever member of the royal family, would say that Philip is young).

And besides Princess Alice (Gloucester) and Princess Alice of Battenberg (Princess Andrew of Greece), there's also Princess Alice (Countess of Athlone)! There were large overlaps in the lifespans of the three women, so confusion is perhaps not uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 45February 17, 2021 3:04 PM

Cicely Tyson convinced me it doesn't mean shit how well an older person is moving around...death is always around the corner. She had just sat down for interviews with Gayle King and Ryan and Kelly, and she seemed lively in both. Hours later she was dead.

Philip looks like death...I'd be shocked if he lasts another week.

by Anonymousreply 46February 17, 2021 3:16 PM

He'll be ok, he's just leaking a bit of embalming fluid, they plug the hole and send him home.

by Anonymousreply 47February 17, 2021 3:18 PM

Doesn't Phillip allegedly have a secret black/mix raced child somewhere? I wonder if this will come to light after he dies.

by Anonymousreply 48February 17, 2021 3:22 PM

He’s looked like death for at least the past couple of years, r46.

Britain already had a 20 year deathwatch on Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother (who would be hospitalised after choking on fishbones on a semi-annual basis) and she staggered on long enough to see her 100th, and then shuffled off before she risked spoiling the Queen’s Golden Jubilee by dying too close to it.

I’d bet on Phillip hanging on for his century, celebrating with his usual mix of amusement, bemusement and cynicism, and then retreating for good (or dying) before the Queen’s 70 year anniversary as monarch in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 49February 17, 2021 3:26 PM

If Philip goes, the Queen will probably follow within a year. It always seems to happen that way with long-married couples. Prince Charles will finally be King Charles, and the Cambridges will be moving up to Prince and Princess of Wales. A Coronation and PofW investiture once COVID is under control would be happy events that would lift people's spirits.

by Anonymousreply 50February 17, 2021 3:34 PM

This increases the chances that Princess Eugnie's son will be named Philip.

by Anonymousreply 51February 17, 2021 3:39 PM

Hmmm I don’t see anywhere that Prince Philip had Covid. But as someone above pointed out, they would be due for their second shot, so he could be feeling the effects of that.

by Anonymousreply 52February 17, 2021 3:41 PM

Somewhere out there Fergie is ironing a tasteful second wedding dress and telling Andy how a quick and low key marriage due to COVID is just the ticket to rehabilitate him.

by Anonymousreply 53February 17, 2021 3:42 PM

Oh gawd, Meghan's sycophants on social media are actually arguing that royal reports are trying to construe that Philip's hospitalization is the result of H&M's announcements of an interview with Oprah!!!

by Anonymousreply 54February 17, 2021 3:42 PM

R53 According to ITV's (kind of sexy) royal reporter Chris Ship, the Palace has told them that Philip's hospitalization is NOT COVID related.

by Anonymousreply 55February 17, 2021 3:44 PM

R54 I saw that on Twitter. The man is 99, trapped wind could land him at hospital.

by Anonymousreply 56February 17, 2021 3:45 PM

[quote] The Duke of Edinburgh was taken from Windsor Castle,

See this shit is confusing.

Is he a Prince or a Duke? Make up your mind, dammit.

by Anonymousreply 57February 17, 2021 3:46 PM

He's both, R57.

by Anonymousreply 58February 17, 2021 3:47 PM

R57 His official title is "Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh."

by Anonymousreply 59February 17, 2021 3:48 PM

[quote] Meghan's sycophants on social media are actually arguing that royal reports are trying to construe that Philip's hospitalization is the result of H&M's announcements of an interview with Oprah!!!

That's just typical frauish uber fan behavior. What is it about this obnoxious social climbing phony d lister that has turned them into such irrational "fans." Is this like those crazy Angelina Jolie fans who excuse and even admire every attention seeking and narcissistic thing she does? Maybe it's some kind of projection.

by Anonymousreply 60February 17, 2021 3:49 PM

R57 He was born a Prince of Greece and Denmark. He was made a Prince of the United Kingdom. He's known as the Duke of Edinburgh, but he's a Royal Prince through and through. He's a Royal Duke, like Prince Andrew is Duke of York, but also a Prince.

by Anonymousreply 61February 17, 2021 3:49 PM

One of the most fascinating books I've ever read is "Young Prince Philip: His Turbulent Early Life" by Philip Eade. It will change many of your (inaccurate) assumptions about him. His early life really was very difficult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 17, 2021 3:59 PM

[quote] This increases the chances that Princess Eugnie's son will be named Philip.

I still can't decide.

Call us back in a couple of years: maybe we'll have given it a name by then.

by Anonymousreply 63February 17, 2021 4:02 PM

I would say, "So young," but let's be reasonable here.

Olivia agrees.

by Anonymousreply 64February 17, 2021 4:04 PM

One will miss that overly sized member.

by Anonymousreply 65February 17, 2021 4:06 PM

I hope he hangs on long enough so his death completely overshadows the upcoming Harkle "tell all".

by Anonymousreply 66February 17, 2021 4:09 PM

He was eating Queenie's pussy while holding her upside down as he skull-fucked her- and lost his balance.

by Anonymousreply 67February 17, 2021 4:11 PM

After his death the Queen will carry on per usual. It is duty that drives her, not sentiment. Plus, its not as if these two have seen much of each other in the last decade.

by Anonymousreply 68February 17, 2021 4:12 PM

You Rachel fans are seriously unhinged. Here's another one of you idiots on twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 17, 2021 4:13 PM

I would love to see the Queen date a younger man after Phillip is gone. You know someone in their 70's.

by Anonymousreply 70February 17, 2021 4:14 PM

Philip is just vindictive enough to hang on until early March, ensuring that the Sussex interview is totally overshadowed.

by Anonymousreply 71February 17, 2021 4:19 PM

R69 Meghan's sycophants are nuts. Back when Meghan made that comment in Africa about people not asking her how she feels, I made a comment that from a PR perspective it looked very self-important to be talking about how terrible you have it in your $5000 designer coat surrounded by starving children. I was branded a racist (I'm Asian, but whatever) and misogynistic.

by Anonymousreply 72February 17, 2021 4:20 PM

If he goes today, it’ll have been a two-for-one for Satan. Rush Lush Limbaugh is waiting.

by Anonymousreply 73February 17, 2021 4:23 PM

Okay, thank you, you can take the Meghan talk to your Meghan threads now.

by Anonymousreply 74February 17, 2021 4:23 PM

I have to agree: this is not the place for the endless Meghan talk. Please vamoose.

by Anonymousreply 75February 17, 2021 4:27 PM

R72 People were bitching about the name change on the birth certificate on Twitter and when I brought up what an unpleasant person Rachel is and how so many people have had terrible experiences with her they asked me to be specific and name names (they just wanted to know names that could be easily googled so that they can harass these people en masse), then they called me a liar and said I was crazy and racist when I didn't name names and said that they hoped Rachel would sue me for slander even though I was just repeating common knowledge. I had to get a whole new twitter account because of those cunts.

They all need to be on Lithium. Several whole bottles of Lithium per person per day.

by Anonymousreply 76February 17, 2021 4:29 PM

Philip was born HRH Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, titles he renounced before he married Elizabeth. His grandfather, King George I of Greece, was assassinated, as was his uncle Earl Mountbatten of Burma, his two great-aunts (Czarina Alexandra of Russia and Grand Duchess Ella of Russia), and five cousins (the four Romanov children and Earl Mountbatten's grandson). His sister and her family died in a plane crash. His mother was in an out of institutions and his father pretty much abandoned him, so Philip had to shift around as a child. His main home was Kensington Palace, where his grandmother, Princess Victoria, Marchioness of Milford Haven, lived. After joining the Royal Navy, he fought in World War II against his sisters' German husbands. After the war, he married Princess Elizabeth, heiress to the British Crown. The two are third cousins, twice: they both descend from Queen Victoria and from King Christian IX of Denmark. He was named Duke of Edinburgh and given an HRH on his marriage and, years later, he was made a Prince of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 77February 17, 2021 4:29 PM

Back to topic.

With Prince Philip, in ANY dramatization of his life, he is the only person I can remember who's actually better looking than the actor who's played them. Up until the 60s, he was still an incredibly good looking man. And I can only imagine what he could do in bed.

by Anonymousreply 78February 17, 2021 4:29 PM

Wouldn't you assume that Prince Charles is uncut? Given his age and social background, I would think he's a cowl neck. Anyone have a confirmation? Merle are you listening?

by Anonymousreply 79February 17, 2021 4:32 PM

All of Elizabeth's sons are circumcised. The RF wanted Will and Harry to be cut but Diana refused.

by Anonymousreply 80February 17, 2021 4:35 PM

Philip has a heart condition and a few years back he had a stint placed to unclog a blockage. Prior to that he had felt unwell for a few days and very tired. I'm wondering if that might be it? Honestly, I hope he does recover because it seems a shame to be within spitting distance of 100 and not making it.

by Anonymousreply 81February 17, 2021 4:36 PM

Never change datalounge. Only this site could make Princ Phillips hospital visit about foreskin. Hahaha

by Anonymousreply 82February 17, 2021 4:37 PM

R77 who gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 83February 17, 2021 4:40 PM

Very true, R78. The young Philip was like a model, whereas Matt Smith...

by Anonymousreply 84February 17, 2021 4:46 PM

I agree that Matt Smith wasn't in the same looks category as Phillip but I think he did a good job of capturing that manly appeal. I like him in that role. A pretty face isn't everything.

by Anonymousreply 85February 17, 2021 4:47 PM

Fair enough, R85. I've never actually seen the first two seasons of The Crown, so I was just going off photographs in articles about the show.

by Anonymousreply 86February 17, 2021 4:49 PM

I read a biography of Margaret and Elizabeth's early years, and it made the point that it was absolutely vital for Philip to make that marriage to the future Queen. He courted her assiduously once it became clear she was attracted to him, often spending holidays dancing attendance on Lilibet at Windsor rather than drinking and partying like other young men his age would have done.

The big issue for Philip was his citizenship--he was allowed to serve during the war despite not being a British citizen, but despite his valor he would not have automatically been granted citizenship afterwards. In fact, the UK government was reluctant to do so. Without citizenship, Philip could not have continued his career in the British navy, which was literally all he had. Without that career, he would have been reduced to wandering around fancy European watering holes using his title and looks to attract a rich woman.

Once he was engaged to Princess Elizabeth, all those issues with his citizenship melted away. He got his career, though it was, ironically, cut short by George VI's early death. But his future as Prince Consort was definitey better than being a jumped-up gigolo in Biarritz.

by Anonymousreply 87February 17, 2021 4:50 PM

But is his cock curved?

by Anonymousreply 88February 17, 2021 4:51 PM

Paul Bettany would have been a fantastic Philip. Too bad that casting didn't work out.

by Anonymousreply 89February 17, 2021 4:52 PM

Quite handsome as a young man. I can see why Queenie was all over that. Any good looks in the family came from him or Diana. Still looks good at 99. Hope he can pull through to 100 like Captain Tom Moore.

by Anonymousreply 90February 17, 2021 4:53 PM

But I won’t Bally Die before that numbskull rush Limbaugh, I do say

by Anonymousreply 91February 17, 2021 4:57 PM

Elizabeth was obsessed with Philip from the age of 13. Her family wasn't crazy about the marriage despite Philip's pedigree, but she was insistent.

I wonder if his acting out so much during the 50s and 60s was a simple mid-life crisis or stored up resentment over having to 1) make his fortunes via marriage and 2) give up the naval career that gave him a sense of control and accomplishment. That would be on par for a man of his background.

by Anonymousreply 92February 17, 2021 4:58 PM

[quote] "do to COVID he won’t get a state funeral"

Oh, dear...

by Anonymousreply 93February 17, 2021 5:03 PM

Matt Smith is probably one of the better actors - if you can say that - in The Crown. I thought he really inhabited the Prince Philip role - almost dominating the series at some points with the sheer power of his performance. Great presence, great acting, such a great counterpoint to the equally powerful Queen presence.

by Anonymousreply 94February 17, 2021 5:03 PM

R90 Yes, Philip was an attractive man, and Harry actually is the spitting image of him. He aged well always looking younger than his usual age until about a few years ago. I think one of the reasons he retired in 2017 was the fact he was becoming frailer and didn't want to be seen in a declining state.

R90 & R92 One of the reasons the Queen fell for Philip was because he was not stuffy and he had a good sense of humour. Despite the Queen's reserved and almost grumpy exterior, she loves to laugh. It's said that Harold Wilson was the her favourite PM because he made her laugh the most. The Queen Mum and King George VI wanted Elizabeth to marry an English Duke and were distrusting of Philip partly because of his background and partly because of his close links with Lord Monbatten.

by Anonymousreply 95February 17, 2021 5:04 PM

R93, meet r26.

by Anonymousreply 96February 17, 2021 5:06 PM

I take it back, r94. I was thinking of Tobias Menzies not Matt Smith. Oh well. But Matt Smith was good, striking looks. But Tobias Menzies was devastatingly effective as Prince Philip, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 97February 17, 2021 5:07 PM

Who is playing the much older Philip in Seasons 5 and 6? Has that casting decision been made?

by Anonymousreply 98February 17, 2021 5:08 PM

R97 I like Tobias Menzies a lot but I actually think he didn't get enough to do as Philip. He was really relegated to the background in season 4.

by Anonymousreply 99February 17, 2021 5:08 PM

Jonathan Price has been cast in Seasons 5 and 6.

by Anonymousreply 100February 17, 2021 5:09 PM

Philip wasn't all that interesting from a dramatic standpoint once he got older. Neither was the Queen. That's why Season 4 was dominated by the Charles and Diana story. The Queen's story doesn't really get juicy again until the divorce and Diana's subsequent death. Of course, that territory has already been covered by the film.

by Anonymousreply 101February 17, 2021 5:10 PM

He’s on my death pool for 2021.

by Anonymousreply 102February 17, 2021 5:10 PM

Pryce is decent casting. Not a perfect fit, but I can't think of anyone in that age group who would be a better fit. Unless they want to get James Cromwell back--I thought he was great in the film.

by Anonymousreply 103February 17, 2021 5:12 PM

He is freakin 99, he is one everyone's death pool r102.

by Anonymousreply 104February 17, 2021 5:13 PM

The late Alan Rickman would have been good.

by Anonymousreply 105February 17, 2021 5:14 PM

R50. It is true that in long term marriages , if one spouse goes, then the other usually follows.

However, QEII and DoE don't live together, and have spent the past few years apart in different locations. Also QEII is surrounded by long term aides/staff and has an incredible social support system, including her children who all live nearby, as well as doting grandchildren.

I think QEII will survive many years after the death of the DoE.

by Anonymousreply 106February 17, 2021 5:15 PM

I have a hard time imagining grief taking down the Queen like it would your typical long time partner. She's.... a force in her own right.

by Anonymousreply 107February 17, 2021 5:27 PM

R104 Damn you, he has been on my death pool for at least 10 years now and this might finally be the end.

I will feel sorry for poor Liz, she truly loves the old man.

by Anonymousreply 108February 17, 2021 5:28 PM

I hope the Queen makes it to 100, it's only five more years. Her mother lived to 101 and SHE was shitfaced drunk every day of her life!

by Anonymousreply 109February 17, 2021 5:33 PM

Harry can't be a pallbearer. He's holding my hand that day. Or my purse.

by Anonymousreply 110February 17, 2021 5:35 PM

All this talk about his looks, and not one of you bitches was considerate enough to post a picture! DL is slipping...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 17, 2021 5:35 PM

Liz still enjoys several cocktails a day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 17, 2021 5:35 PM

[quote]He was eating Queenie's pussy while holding her upside down as he skull-fucked her- and lost his balance.

They were playing "Catherine the Great" again.

by Anonymousreply 113February 17, 2021 5:37 PM

No one prays harder that he doesn't die quickly than Meagain.

A girl doesn't come up with a watertight excuse to miss that one on the fly.

by Anonymousreply 114February 17, 2021 5:38 PM

I'd still like a look at Phillip, say in 1955, in all his naked glory.

by Anonymousreply 115February 17, 2021 5:40 PM

R112 Actually, it was noted a few years ago that the Queen stopped drinking alcohol (at least at public functions) a few years ago. She only drinks ice water at state dinners and receptions now. The rumour is that she has hypertension and is on medication for it (this is why she's sported a few burst blood vessels in her eyes over the years). On the other side, I believe Philip has hypotension. The constant darkness around his eyes are a sure sign of that.

by Anonymousreply 116February 17, 2021 5:42 PM

I've always found it odd that two people who were as good-looking as Philip and Elizabeth had such ugly, ugly children. All five of their kids are real fuggos, but they were both quite attractive. Weird how genetics work sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 17, 2021 5:43 PM

R-82 You're welcome. I so much prefer when the Lounge avoids all the political anger (hard to avoid these days) and focuses on the things that truly matter.

by Anonymousreply 118February 17, 2021 5:43 PM

Excuse me, of course they have four children and not five. Whoops, sorry!

by Anonymousreply 119February 17, 2021 5:43 PM

R117- Same thing happened to my parents. But, I will say that in his early days- Andrew was something to push out of bed..

by Anonymousreply 120February 17, 2021 5:44 PM

R117 I know several beautiful people who made total uggos. My cousin and his wife are stunningly gorgeous and their kid looks like a potato.

by Anonymousreply 121February 17, 2021 5:46 PM

Supposedly Andrew has a different father.

by Anonymousreply 122February 17, 2021 5:47 PM

Look, everything is FINE! I am resuming my normal duties, out greeting the public and sampling the bloody wares, and making the bloody small talk. No schedule changes, no rushing off to the hospital. He's 99 yrs old for fuck's sake! He doesn't even know where the bloody hell he is. And Mummy think's he's gone out for a buggy ride with his "niece." She's going to continue with her day, she loves Zooming.

by Anonymousreply 123February 17, 2021 5:47 PM

Hypertension doesn't mean you have to stop drinking, as long as you're on medication.

by Anonymousreply 124February 17, 2021 5:48 PM

You got that backwards, R122. Andrew has fathered a lot of different children.

by Anonymousreply 125February 17, 2021 5:48 PM

The Queen was a pleasant looking young woman but never a beauty. Those German genes overruled Philip's stunning beauty.

by Anonymousreply 126February 17, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote] do to COVID he won’t get a state funeral

He's been very clear he does not want one. He wants a small family funeral service at the Chapel of St. George's at Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 127February 17, 2021 5:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128February 17, 2021 5:49 PM

If he is about to die I hope it's today, so he can upstage that POS Rush Limbaugh.

by Anonymousreply 129February 17, 2021 5:49 PM

R117 Actually, Anne, Andrew and Edward were all fairly good looking in their youth, but they did not age well. I think Edward actually has aged the best out of their children.

by Anonymousreply 130February 17, 2021 5:50 PM

R117, Anne and Andrew and even Edward were vey attractive in their youth. But then the House of Windsor genes asserted themselves and they broke. Charles was never good looking. They tried to imbue him with a sexual aura, and poor ditzy Diana fell for the hype, but he always reminded me of Ichabod Crane.

by Anonymousreply 131February 17, 2021 5:50 PM

The Official Death Announcement is imminent!

by Anonymousreply 132February 17, 2021 5:52 PM

The rumor was that Lord Porchester was Andrew's father.

by Anonymousreply 133February 17, 2021 5:55 PM

Ah, Porchy.

Just the mere mention of him used to set my lady bits ablaze!

by Anonymousreply 134February 17, 2021 5:57 PM

I don't see a resemblance between Andrew and Lord Porchester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 17, 2021 5:57 PM

R128 He's 99 and therefore at death's front door regardless if he's in the hospital or not. That being said, if this was it, we'd have more signs of it. I hope he pulls through mostly for the Queen because it would be shitty if he goes now while she still has to live on in a COVID isolation.

R133 That rumour is bull. The Queen is a woman of her era, she would not cheat on her husband. Also, Andrew looks a lot like Philip's father (whose name was also Andrew).

by Anonymousreply 136February 17, 2021 5:57 PM

While I agree that Elizabeth didn't have a baby with a man other than her husband, R136, I cannot buy that "woman of her era" bullshit. Women (and men) have been having sex outside their marriage since the institution began. Human nature doesn't change. We're just more open and accepting about it now. I can believe that some couples remain monogamous for their entire marriage, but I refuse to believe that cheating is a new thing.

by Anonymousreply 137February 17, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote]My cousin and his wife are stunningly gorgeous and their kid looks like a potato.

Is your cousin Viggo Mortensen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 17, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote] Why does good dick have to die so young?

Hear hear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 17, 2021 6:04 PM

R137 I think what R136 is referring to is that fact in that it's fairly well-known (at least in biographies written about the Queen) that she very much believes that it's more 'natural' for men to cheat and that it's the duty of a wife to look the other way. I mean that's basically what she's done her whole married life if the rumours about Philip are true.

by Anonymousreply 140February 17, 2021 6:07 PM

R138, I thought of the exact same case! Mortensen was so beautiful in Lord of the Rings.

by Anonymousreply 141February 17, 2021 6:09 PM

So - how big of a funeral would they have? Does he qualify for a State funeral?s

by Anonymousreply 142February 17, 2021 6:10 PM

The Times striking a note of "concern" today:

[italics]However, despite the palace’s optimistic tone the fact that the duke has had to go into hospital four months before his hundredth birthday will inevitably raise concern.

by Anonymousreply 143February 17, 2021 6:11 PM

R130 and R131, you've taken the words out of my mouth. All three of those kids had a brief period of being attractive. Andrew was sexy for a few years in the 80s with his occasional beard, and Edward was a real cutie when Charles got married (he was only 17 at the time) but that was also for a short time.

Both of their parents kept their looks for longer than any of those three kids (Charles was always fug), and Philip kept his looks for years!

R95, I agree that Harry is like Philip to an extent, but I think it's one of those cases where there's a resemblance, but one of the two is attractive (Philip) and the other is not (Harry).

by Anonymousreply 144February 17, 2021 6:13 PM

Edward has waited a long time to be Duke of Edinburgh but once the Queen dies William will become Duke of Edinburgh and Duke of Cornwall and Prince of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 145February 17, 2021 6:23 PM

William won't need the Edinburgh title. He'll be Duke of Cambridge and Cornwall and Prince of Wales. May as well let Uncle Eddie have it.

by Anonymousreply 146February 17, 2021 6:29 PM

Andrew won't be getting any more titles, will he?

by Anonymousreply 147February 17, 2021 6:30 PM

That fairy will never have my title!

by Anonymousreply 148February 17, 2021 6:31 PM

This just in...Prince Philip, Duke of Limbaugh had been hospitalized with Legionnaire's disease after winning their Medal. His wife, Elizabeth Taylor, is on the phone now. Elizabeth tell us about your award winning movie role as the Queen of England. Has your daughter, Meghan called you from Oprah Windfrey's house?

by Anonymousreply 149February 17, 2021 6:33 PM

My understanding, R147, is that Edward is the only one who is in line for a promotion, but who gets what royal dukedom seems to be in the gift of the sovereign (unlike the normal dukedoms). I'm not quite sure why R156 thinks that William would automatically become Duke of Edinburgh on the Queen's death. Also, I understand that William will automatically when/if his father ascends the throne, but would have to declared Prince of Wales separately (investiture, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 150February 17, 2021 6:34 PM

*will automatically become Duke of Cornwall

by Anonymousreply 151February 17, 2021 6:35 PM

Wrong, R145. When Philip does Edward will become Duke of Edinburgh. Once Charles is coronated, William will be invested as Prince of Wales.

Also, some of you are seriously confused....neither Charles nor William would hold multiple dukedoms. Prince of Wales/Duke of Cornwall outranks Duke of Cambridge and Duke of Edinburgh.

by Anonymousreply 152February 17, 2021 6:37 PM

Fergie's pact with the devil seems to be bearing fruit: a grandson and her nemesis may be on his way out all in the same week.

by Anonymousreply 153February 17, 2021 6:39 PM

I just wanna see if he's really the Undead, or not. Don't they all get their blood replaced every few weeks?

by Anonymousreply 154February 17, 2021 6:41 PM

Not to mention, R153, due to COVID procedures, Windsor Castle has reduced their staff, so Fergie will have ample time to collect silverware and trinkets to pawn.

by Anonymousreply 155February 17, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote]Once Charles is coronated, William will be invested as Prince of Wales.

Charles has already been coronated, but fortunately survived the illness well enough, and has now had his vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 156February 17, 2021 6:46 PM

Why would William get the Edinburgh title? There's no precedent attached to it. Besides, it's agreed for Edward and then passes (as non-royal) to his son.

by Anonymousreply 157February 17, 2021 6:58 PM

Has there ever been an instance in history where the queen regnant of one country/kingdom married the king of another?

by Anonymousreply 158February 17, 2021 7:08 PM

Off the top of my head, R158, Mary Tudor married King Philip II of Spain. They had no children.

by Anonymousreply 159February 17, 2021 7:09 PM

So...will it be Prince Philip and Rush Limbaugh on the same day??

by Anonymousreply 160February 17, 2021 7:12 PM

Also Isabella and Ferdinand. Isabella was Queen of Castile and married the King of Aragon. Together they joined the two neighboring kingdoms dynastically and essentially created the Kingdom of Spain (though it didn't offically become that for a couple hundred more years).

by Anonymousreply 161February 17, 2021 7:21 PM

When a royal dies, Canadians get the day off!!!

by Anonymousreply 162February 17, 2021 7:25 PM

>> >> do to COVID he won’t get a state funeral

>> He's been very clear he does not want one. He wants a small family funeral service at the Chapel of St. George's at Windsor.

Correct. He and HM argued about this for years. She wanted a full state funeral at Westminster or St. Paul's but she finally acquiesced to his desire to have a military funeral at St. George's Chapel at Windsor. But it won't be a small family service. He'll get full Naval honors and the 800 seat chapel will likely be full (unless Covid intervenes).

by Anonymousreply 163February 17, 2021 7:28 PM

do to COVID

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 164February 17, 2021 7:32 PM

It's odd to say given he's 99, but I actually don't think it's his time yet. It just doesn't fell like it's urgent enough. If he's feeling generally tired and unwell the key concerns the doctors would have is his heart (e.g. are their blocked arteries), internal bleeding, or fluid on the brain or in the lungs. They may also be checking for signs of stroke.

by Anonymousreply 165February 17, 2021 8:17 PM

Queenie did a Zoom call this afternoon — doubt it’s all that serious.

At his age, and with his status, a high blood pressure or feeling dizzy is to get him hospitalised.

by Anonymousreply 166February 17, 2021 8:27 PM

Oh, for God's sake, just die already.

by Anonymousreply 167February 17, 2021 8:27 PM

It is rumored that Sarah, Duchess of York will be delivering Philip's eulogy, that is, when he passes. At the moment, the Duchess wishes the Duke a speedy recovery.

by Anonymousreply 168February 17, 2021 8:51 PM

Oh, my god!

How does it feel, sMEG, to have the spotlight stolen from under your bump? I believe Prince Phillip did this for Princess Eugenia.

BHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 169February 17, 2021 8:58 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

This is what all the people bashing Meghan nonstop reduces itself to. Blaming her for Prince Phillip, a [bold] 99 [/bold] year old living corpse, going to the fucking hospital. Pathetic fraus on here and the Daily Mail comment section.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170February 17, 2021 9:01 PM

Did Philip ask Markle if she were okay for pushing her off the baby bump headlines before he checked into the hospital?

I mean, no one ever asks if she's okay.

by Anonymousreply 171February 17, 2021 9:05 PM

R171. Markle is never okay. Just ask her.

by Anonymousreply 172February 17, 2021 9:07 PM

[quote] Also, some of you are seriously confused....neither Charles nor William would hold multiple dukedoms.

Charles already holds multiple dukedoms. He is the Duke of Cornwall as well as the Duke of Rothesay. When he becomes sovereign he will lose them both to William, but he will automatically become Duke of Lancaster as well as King.

by Anonymousreply 173February 17, 2021 9:09 PM

Has anyone asked Meghan how she's feeling?

by Anonymousreply 174February 17, 2021 9:21 PM

if Philip dies before the Queen, there's no realignment of titles-- until the Queen also dies.

The palace announced back when Prince Edward got married and became Earl of Wessex that only when BOTH his parents are dead (and not before), he will be made HRH the Duke of Edinburgh. I am not sure if he will retain the title of Earl of Wessex, or if that will be then given as a courtesy title to his son James, who is now the Viscount Severn.

When the Queen dies, Charles automatically becomes sovereign (the King) and the Duke of Lancaster. William automatically becomes the Duke of Cornwall and the Duke of Rothesay (they are both titles automatically held by the male direct heir of the current sovereign); the Prince of Wales is not an automatic title, and will have to be bestowed upon William by his father the King (probably a year after the King's coronation). Harry's son Archie will in law become a prince, as the grandson of a British monarch, and his unborn sibling will become a prince or princess too for the same reason; but they are likely not to use those titles (just as Edward's children do not use their princely titles, although in law they have them) until they are of legal age and can decide for themselves whether they want to use them.

No one else gets new titles. Anne remains Princess Royal, Andrew remains Duke of York, Harry remains Duke of Sussex. The Dukes of Gloucester and Kent (the other two royal dukes, held by the Queen's younger cousins) will retain their titles; Princess Alexandra of Kent and Prince Michael of Kent retain their titles; Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie of York retain their titles. (This is all contingent upon Charles as sovereign not breaking with precedent, of course.)

When William's two sons eventually marry, they will likely both be given royal dukedoms by whomever is the king (Charles or William) if they continue to follow the current model. After both Anne dies and Charles dies, Princess Charlotte will probably be made the Princess Royal by King William V (there can only be one living Princess Royal at a time, and it is a title that can only be given to the eldest or only daughter of the current sovereign). Charlotte is unlikely to receive a royal dukedom when she marries if they follow the current model.

by Anonymousreply 175February 17, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote] Once Charles is coronated,

You're not coronated. You're CROWNED.

by Anonymousreply 176February 17, 2021 9:25 PM

Will Markle attend Philip's funeral regardless of when it happens whether during her pregnancy or after the kid is born?

by Anonymousreply 177February 17, 2021 9:25 PM

She'll plead pregnancy complications as a way of getting out of the funeral. I'd be surprised if she ever went to the UK again.

by Anonymousreply 178February 17, 2021 9:28 PM

Oh, she'll go. Whistling all the way.

by Anonymousreply 179February 17, 2021 9:32 PM

I wonder if they'll still be doing Royal dukedoms for younger sons by the time Louie wants to get married.

by Anonymousreply 180February 17, 2021 9:35 PM

Yes, I ponder this as well while reading the NYT on the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 181February 17, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote] Charlotte is unlikely to receive a royal dukedom when she marries if they follow the current model.

If her dad is king by that point, then won't her husband get an earldom, like Princess Margaret's husband did?

by Anonymousreply 182February 17, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote] Will Markle attend Philip's funeral r

Only if I get "And Special Guest" billing!

by Anonymousreply 183February 17, 2021 10:10 PM

[quote] If her dad is king by that point, then won't her husband get an earldom, like Princess Margaret's husband did?

It depends if she and her husband want it. Princess Anne refused earldoms for both her husbands.

by Anonymousreply 184February 17, 2021 10:43 PM

I would bet Meghan will try to avoid going home for Philip's funeral if she possibly can, and let Harry go alone.

But she'll have to go for the Queen's funeral, and certainly for Charles's coronation (if she and Harry are still married at that point).

by Anonymousreply 185February 17, 2021 10:45 PM

Jack Brooksbank was also offered a courtesy title but turned it down, although probably not an earldom.

by Anonymousreply 186February 17, 2021 10:51 PM

I’d like him to make it to 100, but if his time must be up, please let him go out at a time that will cause massive loss of publicity to H&M and their ridiculous Oprah interview .

by Anonymousreply 187February 17, 2021 11:03 PM

What this thread needs is more talk about Meghan Markle!

by Anonymousreply 188February 17, 2021 11:09 PM

R158 Queen Isabel of Castle married King Ferdinand of Aragon and they ruled jointly.

by Anonymousreply 189February 17, 2021 11:14 PM

******PRINCE PHILIP DEAD - NOT!!!!!!!*******

by Anonymousreply 190February 17, 2021 11:23 PM

"Philip was an attractive man, and Harry is the spitting image of gim."

You blind

by Anonymousreply 191February 17, 2021 11:52 PM

r191, why are you posting in ebonics?

by Anonymousreply 192February 17, 2021 11:54 PM

R189, there was also the short-lived union of Mary Tudor and Philip of Spain. Of course, that didn't go anywhere, whereas the marriage of Isabella and Ferdinand united Spain.

by Anonymousreply 193February 17, 2021 11:57 PM

R192 talks to himself, R191

I know, sad

by Anonymousreply 194February 18, 2021 12:00 AM

Harry does look like Philip:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 18, 2021 12:15 AM

He does, except Harry has beady eyes and his nose is just a bit different. But the eyes and balding red hair on Harry is very unattractive to me. ( I have never cared for red hair on men, idk why.)

by Anonymousreply 196February 18, 2021 12:23 AM

[quote] When a royal dies, Canadians get the day off!!!

ZuZu, you need to listen to teacher more during world history.

by Anonymousreply 197February 18, 2021 12:23 AM

He just needs to hang on 4 more months to make 100.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 18, 2021 12:27 AM

R196 I always thought Harry looked like Farkas from A Christmas Story.

by Anonymousreply 199February 18, 2021 12:47 AM

...Again.

Get back to me when he finally bites the dust.

by Anonymousreply 200February 18, 2021 12:50 AM

He accomplished more in an hour of his life than you did in the entirety of yours, OP.

by Anonymousreply 201February 18, 2021 12:53 AM

[quote]R29 If the old boy could survive Co-Ved then he will survive this latest bout of feeling under the weather as well.

Covid probably trashed his lungs or other organs, leaving him more vulnerable.

Why couldn’t he wear a damn mask?

by Anonymousreply 202February 18, 2021 1:23 AM

I've always admired him, and will be very sad for his family when he finally dies. He's a very interesting individual.

by Anonymousreply 203February 18, 2021 1:24 AM

That’s one way to put it.

by Anonymousreply 204February 18, 2021 1:25 AM

He's an old-school aristocrat who is uninterested in celebrity and doesn't pander to the masses.

by Anonymousreply 205February 18, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote]R50 If Philip goes, the Queen will probably follow within a year.

One can only hope.

One less gaping maw sucking incessantly at the public teat (despite being one of the richest women in the world.

[bold]#WelfareQueen

by Anonymousreply 206February 18, 2021 1:29 AM

[quote]R87 it was absolutely vital for Philip to make that marriage to the future Queen. He courted her assiduously once it became clear she was attracted to him, often spending holidays dancing attendance on Lilibet at Windsor

And some say MEGHAN was an opportunist (!!)

by Anonymousreply 207February 18, 2021 1:35 AM

Macht schnell!

by Anonymousreply 208February 18, 2021 1:35 AM

Fuck you, Op. Just fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 209February 18, 2021 1:38 AM

Fuck off, R21.

by Anonymousreply 210February 18, 2021 1:40 AM

Chris AND Haley, GTHOOH.

Why was she chosen for this show?!

by Anonymousreply 211February 18, 2021 1:40 AM

OMG! HAHAHA! I thought I was on "Primetimer" just then!

by Anonymousreply 212February 18, 2021 1:41 AM

R207 Philip was such an opportunist he stayed married to her for over 70 years, undertook an active round of royal duties until he was 95 and always ensured that at public events, the Queen was the center of attention.

by Anonymousreply 213February 18, 2021 2:19 AM

I like the old bastard. He’s done a lot of good for wildlife conservation. And kind of like that he wouldn’t put up with Charles’ whining.

by Anonymousreply 214February 18, 2021 2:24 AM

^^Philip is from the "let's just get on with it" generation, like the Queen. They don't do whining and self-pity. Given the events they lived through in their younger years, it would've been impossible to be like that.

by Anonymousreply 215February 18, 2021 2:28 AM

[quote]R213 Philip was such an opportunist he stayed married to her for over 70 years... and always ensured that at public events, the Queen was the center of attention.

Translation: pussy whipped.

by Anonymousreply 216February 18, 2021 2:34 AM

He insisted that if the reigning duties were her responsibility, then the family would get to be his.

And look what a great job he did with that!

by Anonymousreply 217February 18, 2021 2:37 AM

r29 He has never had covid.

by Anonymousreply 218February 18, 2021 3:22 AM

STFU, OP.

What's he ever done to you?

Are you even from the UK? I'm guessing not since wrote admitted to A hospital.

I'm sorry that you don't have better things to do than wish death on a 99 year old man.

by Anonymousreply 219February 18, 2021 4:49 AM

[quote] ...Philip was an attractive man, and Harry actually is the spitting image of him.

Please make an appointment to have a thorough eye exam.

And since I'm alaready here, Harry and Meghan are tiresome and they shouldn't make such a show of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 220February 18, 2021 5:09 AM

[quote] ...Philip was an attractive man, and Harry actually is the spitting image of him.

Please make an appointment to have a thorough eye exam.

And since I'm alaready here, Harry and Meghan are tiresome and they shouldn't make such a show of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 221February 18, 2021 5:10 AM

^Accidental double post. Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 222February 18, 2021 5:11 AM

Harry resembles his father and grandfather, but like Charles, he didn't end up handsome like his grandfather. Philip and Elizabeth's genes mixed in just the wrong way to produce Charles: Phillip's close-set eyes and thin lips with Elizabeth's heavy German bone structure, drooping nose, and jug ears.

Harry got the close-set Mountbatten eyes, thin lips, and hawkish nose, hence the more-than-passing resemblance to Philip. But his bone structure is like his mother's, and his coloring is all ruddy Spencer (unlike Diana, who had the large blue eyes and blonde hair inherited from her American great-grandmother, Frances Work). That difference created a nice-looking man but not the stunner Phillip was when he was young.

The way genes mix up are always interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223February 18, 2021 5:55 AM

[quote]The way genes mix up are always interesting.

True. Just look at the Willis/Moore offspring for another example. Bruce and Demi were very good-looking in their youth, but their genes combined in just the wrong way to produce three daughters who could give the Gorgon Sisters a run for their money.

by Anonymousreply 224February 18, 2021 5:59 AM

[quote] ^^Philip is from the "let's just get on with it" generation, like the Queen. They don't do whining and self-pity. Given the events they lived through in their younger years, it would've been impossible to be like that.

His wife is stoic, but he actually is not. He complained endlessly during his first ten years of her monarchy. It's in her biographies: he complained how he was not being treated with enough respect by courtiers, how he didn't get enough time to forge a more impressive career in the navy given his father-in-law's early death, how he wasn't able originally to hand down his family name to his children, how his son outranked him until the queen altered the rules of precedence. And he passed his constant carping and self-pitying down to Charles, who in turn passed it down to Harry.

by Anonymousreply 225February 18, 2021 6:03 AM

But Philip never complained in public.

by Anonymousreply 226February 18, 2021 6:04 AM

He was often a horse's ass in public, though. Philip had a really difficult childhood, but he seemed to find some sense of peace and identity as a naval officer. Had George VI lived as long as his older brother, thus giving Philip an extra twenty years to make his own mark in the Navy, he might not have ended up such a nasty old coot. He IS dutiful and hard-working, but he's also a rude, selfish monster, and that's been true since the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 227February 18, 2021 6:07 AM

Thank you, baby! Glub, glub, glub!

by Anonymousreply 228February 18, 2021 6:16 AM

In the early years of their marriage Philip also often complained to friends and acquaintances that he couldn't keep Elizabeth out of his bed, that she wanted it incessantly. He did this parties. He became so notorious for it King George had to summon him to a private audience and sternly order him to stop. That's documented in at least one biography.

by Anonymousreply 229February 18, 2021 6:38 AM

^ did this at parties.

by Anonymousreply 230February 18, 2021 6:40 AM

That story makes him sound like an insecure man who is resentful of the woman he (at least partly) married for her money and position. Since the world saw him as a studhorse, he was boasting to everyone about how dickmatized Lilibet really was. A nasty piece of work: No wonder her family wanted her to marry Lord Porchester.

by Anonymousreply 231February 18, 2021 7:05 AM

Found an interesting THE Princess Margaret documentary on YouTube last night: Princess Margaret The Queen of Mustique

by Anonymousreply 232February 18, 2021 9:32 AM

[quote]He IS dutiful and hard-working, but he's also a rude, selfish monster, and that's been true since the 1950s.

This dynamic so reminds me of one in my family. A male relative did well after a tough start, married 'up', and was usually unpleasant to be around. Always overcompensating and keeping normal interaction at bay with rudeness and punching down, to his own delight. Philip's manner has always reminded me of this person, almost as though he was some sort of role model.

by Anonymousreply 233February 18, 2021 10:21 AM

I would love to see how r223 looks with her assessment of people's looks

by Anonymousreply 234February 18, 2021 11:26 AM

I keep thinking if it was high odds he was going down the drain he'd be at home to die, not in hospital, so suggest whatever ails him it is regarded as fixable/treatable.

by Anonymousreply 235February 18, 2021 12:18 PM

Mohammad al-Fayed has the eulogy ready!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236February 18, 2021 1:04 PM

Good points, r235. However, thinking that Philip might be wanting to see his GF before it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 237February 18, 2021 1:40 PM

He's in a for some very subtle implant work.

Call me crazy, but you'll come crawling back to this thread to apologize when you see him on the beach this summer flaunting perky pecs, curvy calves, and a perfectly peachy posterior.

You'll see.

by Anonymousreply 238February 18, 2021 2:24 PM

My grandparents were the same generation as Philip and the Queen: my grandfather was born in 1923 and my gran in 1925. Their generation is (almost "was" because there are so few of them left) very much "gruff" and stoic. My grandfather was a lot like Philip: temperamental, a bit rude, wanted to be treated like 'the man of the house,' and totally an no fuss attitude. His line always was: "just bloody well get on with it."

I actually think a lot of that stems from the war. You didn't have time to moan and think about your feelings, your goal was kill the enemy and stay alive. My grandparents had a very traditional marriage in that my grandfather was always the head of the family and my gran was a housewife. I think a lot of Philip's issues early on where based on the predominate idea that the man is head of the family but because his wife was Queen, he was very much a back fiddle. Added to that, Philip was hated by the court not for his temperament but for his modernizing zeal. The Queen's advisors wanted to keep the monarchy functioning as it had since George V's day (in all honesty, the way the monarchy operates hasn't actually changed much since the 1920s) but Philip pushed for changes, some of which were adopted and worked and others not so much (see 1969 Royal Documentary).

Yes there were tensions in the marriage, and Philip I think felt undervalued but at the same time, and it's an odd contradiction, he doesn't really like being the center of attention. But the Queen wasn't kidding when she's said he's been her rock. If you look at footage throughout their royal engagements together, you can clear see moments when the Queen is worn out or just overwhelmed (she is a very shy person) and he just gives her a look or he'll say something silly to her and she calms down.

by Anonymousreply 239February 18, 2021 6:28 PM

I have always found them endearing together. They made me smile. It was obvious that she adores him. They both seem to love and respect each other and I agree that he has been a hugh support for her always makes her smile. I dread either one being gone and it will be very sad when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 240February 18, 2021 8:31 PM

I'mma tell you whut.... Phil has prolly already bought the farm so to speak...They will keep his ass on ice, and not tell anyone abut it, for the next four months because they can then announce he is 100 yrs old. Wait a few weeks and that's it. Dunzo! He. Is. Dead. They can have a lovely June funeral. Get more people vaccinated so they'll turn out..

by Anonymousreply 241February 18, 2021 8:57 PM

This doesn't seem promising. Prince Harry is in self-isolation in should he need to return to the UK. Side note, Meghan is not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242February 18, 2021 9:03 PM

Isolation? How will he film the Oprah special then?

by Anonymousreply 243February 18, 2021 9:06 PM

Shouldn't he be dashing back now so he can say goodbye?

by Anonymousreply 244February 18, 2021 9:08 PM

R243 They've already filmed it. That was confirmed by ITV but H&M's camp said it hasn't...but it has.

by Anonymousreply 245February 18, 2021 9:11 PM

Didn't Gail just say a day or so ago that it hasn't been filmed yet and that Oprah spent last weekend "working on the questions"?

by Anonymousreply 246February 18, 2021 9:13 PM

R246 Again H&Ms camp (which included Oprah and Gayle) are saying it hasn't, but Chris Ship from ITV (who broke the story) says it has. It's likely news leaked from someone who filmed or is editing it.

by Anonymousreply 247February 18, 2021 9:15 PM

Philip after gaining one great-grandchild with Fergie's DNA and realising he's about to get a second with Meghan's:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 18, 2021 9:19 PM

Meghan: I'm going to give a tell all interview and let the world now I really feel, and no one will stop me.

Philip: Bitch, hold my beer.

by Anonymousreply 249February 18, 2021 9:20 PM

He's not gonna die...it's a ruse. Just wait. One more day or two and he will be trotting right back to Windsor for those buggy rides with his "Niece" whom he is very fond of.

Now Charles will probably talk to Harry and tell him to come on so he can say good bye.

by Anonymousreply 250February 18, 2021 9:25 PM

Harry doesn't want to see the one person in the family who will berate him to his face for his mammoth disrespect of the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 251February 18, 2021 9:28 PM

In all honesty, I believe Harry is probably being kept in the dark other than getting a call from a royal staff member saying you're grandpa is in hospital. This is likely just a precaution.

by Anonymousreply 252February 18, 2021 9:50 PM

R250 if you’re going to be snide about Philip’s friendship with Penny Mountbatten you could at least get the relationship right.

Penelope Eastwood married Norton Knatchbull, the son of Philip’s cousin (and Elizabeth’s first cousin once removed) Patricia (who became Countess Mountbatten of Burma on the death of her father Earl Mountbatten, Philip’s uncle).

With the death of Patricia, Norton became the new Earl and Penny his Countess. However Norton left Penny for another woman and moved to somewhere in the Caribbean to be with her, leaving Penny in charge of Broadlands, the Mountbatten family estate. This she did, very well.

It’s believed that both the Queen and Philip sided with Penny over the whole thing, and still do.

Norton subsequently left the other woman and moved back home where he now lives in a cottage on the estate with Penny still in charge, running the estate and living in the big house.

It’s assumed that Philip and Penny are at the least very close friends, possibly more. But that presumably doesn’t bother the Queen as Penny is regularly seen accompanying the Queen on the drive to church on Sundays at Sandringham - a sure and public sign of HM’s approval.

All very jolly as the Mitfords would say, and it obviously works well for all involved except, perhaps, for Penny’s husband, banished from his own house and possibly cuckolded by his mother’s 99 year old cousin.

Penny was beautiful when young, and still is, fir a woman of a certain age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253February 18, 2021 10:15 PM

I hope his Indian, South African, Virgin Islander and Turkish-Dutch doctors and nurses aren't dwelling on the little "witticisms" and "misstatements" Philly has spouted about non-U, non-English people for the last 96 years.

That would be distracting for them.

by Anonymousreply 254February 18, 2021 11:00 PM

Well, it looks like this bullet has been dodged. Wily Phil hid behind another prince and the Grim Reaper was too distracted by TikTok to even notice that he had grabbed the wrong one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255February 19, 2021 3:07 AM

For our medical types, assuming he could receive all manner of care in the privacy of Windsor Castle, what reason do you think he has been kept in the hospital three nights.

by Anonymousreply 256February 19, 2021 3:45 AM

People his age are prone to UTI that can develop into deadly kidney infections. I believe he's had these before - he may have been hospitalized to deal with this again even if it was resolving, as a precautionary measure.

by Anonymousreply 257February 19, 2021 3:48 AM

What good is it for Harry to 'isolate' in California in case he gets a call?

Surely he can isolate all he wants but he'll have to fly (private jet, obviously) which means coming into contact with at least a few people who have not isolated. It's pointless.

by Anonymousreply 258February 19, 2021 3:49 AM

R257 Yes. Philip has a history with bladder infections. That's what caused him to miss some of the major events for the Diamond Jubilee in 2012. In the elderly, UTIs can quickly turn into kidney infection or even sepsis.

by Anonymousreply 259February 19, 2021 4:22 AM

[quote]R244 Shouldn't he be dashing back now so he can say goodbye?

Why would he travel during a pandemic?

Are you mentally retarded?

by Anonymousreply 260February 19, 2021 4:54 AM

R260, travel is allowed during a pandemic. First, Harry probably has had the vaccine. Second, if you isolate before and after arriving (and are tested regularly) you can travel.

by Anonymousreply 261February 19, 2021 12:47 PM

Why would Harry have had it? I don't know the rules in California, but in my state we've only just entered the 65+ phase.

by Anonymousreply 262February 19, 2021 1:56 PM

Harry doesn't need to isolate. He has only been in contact with Megs and Archie...and their domestic help...all 10 of them!

by Anonymousreply 263February 19, 2021 2:02 PM

R262, Harry is rich and has notable contacts. You don’t think he took advantage of that? I bet every rich prominent Californian has had the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 264February 19, 2021 2:37 PM

Personally I think Harry is "isolating" because he intends to go to the UK to see his grandfather. I think he wants to see him now, before he passes on and of course he will go back for the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 265February 19, 2021 2:47 PM

R265 He would be able to see him in hospital because of COVID restrictions. It sounds like H&M leaked this story to the press (as they always do) so we would know their reaction to Philip's illness.

by Anonymousreply 266February 19, 2021 4:41 PM

Isolating before air travel to another country is pointless unless you're isolating with all the airport workers and the pilots and stewards with whom you will come into relative contact during the trip.

Isolation has to happen AFTER the journey and before you enter the country for it to mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 267February 19, 2021 7:31 PM

R267 Harry would likely qualify from diplomatic immunity meaning as long as he provides a negative covid test upon arrival in the UK he wouldn't have to quarantine.

The Palace has said that Philip is likely to remain in hospital until early next week out of an abundance of caution. I am thinking that the's being treated for some kind of UTI. In old patients there is a serious risk of blood poisoning or kidney failure if they are not monitored closely.

by Anonymousreply 268February 19, 2021 7:35 PM

I bet Megs has banished Harry to one wing of the manse so she can enjoy avocado smoothies and belly cupping in peace.

by Anonymousreply 269February 19, 2021 7:44 PM

Prince Philip is "in good spirits" but will spend the weekend in the hospital 'out of an abundance of caution'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270February 19, 2021 7:47 PM

Philip will go in the next year or two, but it doesn't feel like his time yet. I think he'll make it to the century mark.

by Anonymousreply 271February 19, 2021 8:17 PM

It would be super anticlimactic if he died right before his 100th. I hope gets to hit that century mark. Then whatever.

by Anonymousreply 272February 19, 2021 8:19 PM

r212 or on or very close to the day Harry and Meghans Oprah interview is due to be broadcast .

by Anonymousreply 273February 19, 2021 8:34 PM

Of course, even if Philip IS circling the drain, the Palace will tell us he's 'in good spirits' until well after they've pulled up the sheet. They'll announce it in their own time and own way, and they'll never reveal a senior royal is in the process of dying. That's why they got so angry when that famous wheelchair picture of Margaret got published--they didn't want it known that she was in such bad shape.

by Anonymousreply 274February 19, 2021 8:44 PM

Has Lizzy been updating her profile on Tinder and Grindr? Does she identify as cis or is she also trans now? Does her profile say "No fats, femmes, coloureds or gingers"?

by Anonymousreply 275February 19, 2021 8:53 PM

He and Big Liz should form a suicide pact. Perhaps with the whole flaming raft thing floating down the Thames, or something.

Just [italic]move on, [/italic] moocher oldies!!

by Anonymousreply 276February 19, 2021 9:02 PM

My local news says he is staying in the hospital a few more days.

by Anonymousreply 277February 19, 2021 11:29 PM

Are there any doctors or anatomy buffs on this thread to answer why do some 100 year olds look like he does in that picture? Is that what we expect to look like at 100? Thanks and just checking

by Anonymousreply 278February 20, 2021 2:13 AM

Short answer r278: genetics, and prior physical upkeep. He obviously never used sunscreen in his youth or younger adult years. Takes a toll on the skin, in tone, elasticity, and condition. He is/was fair skinned, blonde and blue-eyed. They get the worst of the damage and it shows up in old age.

But other than that he looks much like a near-100-year-old would look. Rather haggard. But mostly upright though, with a strong gait for someone that age.

by Anonymousreply 279February 20, 2021 2:19 AM

I think he's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 280February 20, 2021 2:31 AM

I've been dreading this day for years.

by Anonymousreply 281February 20, 2021 2:33 AM

George V was on his deathbed kept hanging on and hanging on. Everyone knew it was the end but he just wouldn't die. Queen Mary and The Palace became quite concerned that he would die in the morning or early afternoon and his death would be first reported in the afternoon tabloids. So one evening, with everyone's approval, especially Queen Mary, his physician gave him a lethal cocktail of morphine and other drugs so that his death would be not only painless but first reported by the morning Times and other respectable morning papers.

Look it up if you think I'm exaggerating.

by Anonymousreply 282February 20, 2021 6:56 AM

[quote] Philip will go in the next year or two, but it doesn't feel like his time yet. I think he'll make it to the century mark.

But once that's passed, I have a pillow handy.

...What?! She'll never go until he goes first.

by Anonymousreply 283February 20, 2021 7:04 AM

He must have great genes. I remember seeing him at harry's wedding and he was walking normally, even though he just had a hip replacement a few weeks prior. I was shocked.

by Anonymousreply 284February 20, 2021 9:06 AM

He's always walked ram-rod straight, even into his mid-nineties. A very athletic specimen.

by Anonymousreply 285February 20, 2021 9:12 AM

Conversely, George VI's death was a huge shock, he went suddenly in the night at just 56.

by Anonymousreply 286February 20, 2021 12:22 PM

Prince Philip had a fall and that's why he checked into the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 287February 20, 2021 12:25 PM

R287- He was a heavy smoker, sadly. They did not know the danger of tobacco then. Many members of the royal family still smoke, which is shocking really. William and Kate smoke, it did, they may have quit. I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 288February 20, 2021 1:36 PM

Harry smoked until the harpie he married forced him to quit. Eugenie smokes.

by Anonymousreply 289February 20, 2021 2:02 PM

That harpie also smokes, lol. She is such a lying phoney.

by Anonymousreply 290February 20, 2021 2:31 PM

Prince Charles has visited his father in the hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291February 20, 2021 2:46 PM

Which is it? UTI or fall?

by Anonymousreply 292February 20, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote] First, Harry probably has had the vaccine. Second, if you isolate before and after arriving (and are tested regularly) you can travel.

And it's not as if Harry would ride with The Poors. Private flight all the way.

by Anonymousreply 293February 20, 2021 3:00 PM

R293- Well of course. He is very environmentally woke. Hypocrite Harry. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 294February 20, 2021 3:04 PM

If Philip carks, Harry will train across the New World and then sail a boat across the Atlantic, yes?

by Anonymousreply 295February 20, 2021 3:08 PM

R295- 😂

by Anonymousreply 296February 20, 2021 3:10 PM

Under the current restrictions, is it likely Charles would have been allowed to visit Philip in hospital if he weren't approaching the end?

by Anonymousreply 297February 20, 2021 3:16 PM

Coronavirus update: visitors

To protect our patients we need to limit visitors to our hospital. We recommend virtual visits where possible. Visitors will only be considered in exceptional circumstances, where one visitor will be permitted to visit. No children will be permitted to visit. The health, safety and well-being of our patients, family, carers and staff remain our absolute priority.

Permission for visiting must be discussed directly with Matron’s Office, and would be allowed under the following circumstances:

One regular carer will be allowed for patients with additional needs e.g. dementia, learning disabilities. They will be swabbed to allow them to continue with caring commitments.

For patients receiving end of life care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298February 20, 2021 3:25 PM

If Philip hadn't smoked, he probably would have lived to be 150.

by Anonymousreply 299February 20, 2021 3:28 PM

Us mere plebs are not permitted to visit patients at the moment. If Philip's condition is as routine and non-concerning as they say it's completely unfair that Charlies is allowed in. I speak as someone who did 5 days hard time last summer in an NHS hospital with a non-covid related issue. No visitors allowed at all, wards were locked, although if you were on your feet they would buzz you out to go for a walk if wanted.

by Anonymousreply 300February 20, 2021 3:31 PM

Jesus, is the drain clogged or something? This sommamabitch been circling for days!

by Anonymousreply 301February 20, 2021 3:35 PM

He’s in the hospital until next week at the earliest. Charles probably went to inject an air bubble in Philip’s IV.

by Anonymousreply 302February 20, 2021 3:48 PM

They have their own rules. He is the Prince Of Wales. Rules do not apply to them.

by Anonymousreply 303February 20, 2021 3:56 PM

It seems to me if Prince Charles came up to see him on the weekend and driving 100 miles from Gloucestershire - which is what the Mail is reporting - this might not be good. If there are more visits over the weekend, this might not be good. On the other hand, if he's just failing, not acutely ill, I still reckon they will take him back to Windsor and let it happen there, with the Queen present and probably family. She's had her vaccination, Charles and Camilla have, as Anne probably will have, all over 70.

The visit by Charles makes me think he's failing.

by Anonymousreply 304February 20, 2021 4:08 PM

R304- Sadly agree. If we see the Queen make the trip to see him, we will certainly know . It is also ominous that the story of why he was admitted to the hospital keeps changing. First it was a UTI, then a fall, and one report if just him not feeling well.

by Anonymousreply 305February 20, 2021 4:14 PM

When you're 99 years old a sneeze could take you out.

by Anonymousreply 306February 20, 2021 4:35 PM

A fall would be brutal at that age.

by Anonymousreply 307February 20, 2021 4:36 PM

I don’t think the palace reported anything other than he was feeling unwell, r305. The other stuff is unsubstantiated.

by Anonymousreply 308February 20, 2021 4:43 PM

Thank you R305. Sometimes I still forget that we have no reliable media any longer.

by Anonymousreply 309February 20, 2021 4:47 PM

It can happen so fast with people that age. They can seem hale and hearty one moment and be gone within a day. That was true in Cicely Tyson's case. She was giving interviews a day before her death and seemed fine, but within 24 hours she was gone.

by Anonymousreply 310February 20, 2021 4:49 PM

What's the big deal even if he were to die? He's 99 and has enjoyed a long life of comfort and privilege.

by Anonymousreply 311February 20, 2021 4:55 PM

And to hear the Torygraph tell it "sources close" to other members of the Royal Family say there is no cause for alarm.

Which very well might mean a 99 year old man is slowly slipping away. Or, he's basically fine.

Watch the traffic in and out of hospital. I have a hard time imagining Prince Charles interrupting his weekend from a distance if there was no cause for alarm.

by Anonymousreply 312February 20, 2021 4:55 PM

R314- Yes. Ominous.

by Anonymousreply 313February 20, 2021 4:57 PM

Funny enough, for most of us, if our parent was in the hospital, we would visit everyday if we could. (Covid notwithstanding.) when my mom was in the hospital for gall bladder removal, all the kids visited, and a few of us were there all day.

by Anonymousreply 314February 20, 2021 4:59 PM

Charles looked a bit teary-eyed as he left hospital:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315February 20, 2021 5:05 PM

R315 beat me to it. No clicking required:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316February 20, 2021 5:06 PM

The only reason anyone cares is because they’re worried about how The Queen will react. Philip is old and has been in poor health for some time, so his death wouldn’t be unexpected. However, it isn’t uncommon for couples who have been married a long time to die within a year of each other.

by Anonymousreply 317February 20, 2021 5:07 PM

The Queen's too tough to for even the death of a lifetime spouse to do her in. She can't live forever, but this won't get her.

by Anonymousreply 318February 20, 2021 5:09 PM

Why does DL hardly ever show image previews anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319February 20, 2021 5:10 PM

What are the odds he's already dead?

by Anonymousreply 320February 20, 2021 5:10 PM

R305, UTIs can cause dizziness in the elderly so the fall may have been caused by symptoms of the UTI. My poor Dad before he died had an infection and he had two falls two one day after the other which led to him breaking his arm very near the shoulder and he just never recovered after that. I had him booked into the see the doctor after the weekend when he had the falls but unfortunately it was too late and I keep wondering what if.

by Anonymousreply 321February 20, 2021 5:17 PM

So what if the queen can't handle it? She is 95 and has also enjoyed a long, cushy life. Why should it be treated as some sort of tragedy?

by Anonymousreply 322February 20, 2021 5:18 PM

The expression on Charles' face speaks volumes.

A UTI followed by a fall does not sound good. I'm not sure I believe the story that Philip walked into the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 323February 20, 2021 5:38 PM

R323- Yes it does. He only had four months to go to make it to 100 years old. Sad day.

by Anonymousreply 324February 20, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]R307 A fall would be brutal at that age.

It would be a pity if some low paid orderly pushed the rancid old racist.

by Anonymousreply 325February 20, 2021 5:47 PM

Mary Ann from Revealing Light Tarot, usually a fairly accurate predictor, said she saw this being the year that Philip and Elizabeth both go. If Philip goes now, it wouldn't be surprising if Elizabeth soon followed him.

by Anonymousreply 326February 20, 2021 5:48 PM

r325 should be banished to Australia.

by Anonymousreply 327February 20, 2021 5:49 PM

[quote] r326 If Philip goes now, it wouldn't be surprising if Elizabeth soon followed him.

(praying)

by Anonymousreply 328February 20, 2021 5:50 PM

A lot of falls in elderly people are not because they tripped or anything, but due to bones spontaneously breaking. That happened to my grandmother. She died within a year of that broken hip, which the doctors told us was common. I suppose when your frame starts breaking down like that, it really is a sign of the approaching end.

by Anonymousreply 329February 20, 2021 5:53 PM

Overall, I do not care about the BRF but I will be a little sad when Queen Elizabeth dies. I have liked the fact the UK had a Queen, not a King.

by Anonymousreply 330February 20, 2021 5:55 PM

Now CNN is covering Charles's visit under a "Developing Story" graphic. It's a wrap.

by Anonymousreply 331February 20, 2021 5:56 PM

The old coot only has four months to go until he hits 100, it would be a shame if he kicked off now when he's so close.

by Anonymousreply 332February 20, 2021 5:58 PM

My grandfather died at 99. He could have made it to his 100th birthday with more aggressive treatment of his cancer, but he was still in his right mind and refused anything but palliative measures. When you are that old, you may not care about milestones like that as much as everyone around you does.

by Anonymousreply 333February 20, 2021 6:04 PM

I'd heard gossip that Philip was dreading the fuss that would be made over his centenary. He would probably be relieved to go early.

by Anonymousreply 334February 20, 2021 6:05 PM

"Good spirits" always seems to mean "in a coma or dead". Wasn't Joan Rivers in "good spirits" when she had already passed away? I hope Phillip makes it through. I'd like to see him hit 100 and though I think the Queen will soldier on, I'd hate for her to follow that pattern of elderly spouses.

by Anonymousreply 335February 20, 2021 6:06 PM

Yes, CNN reporting Prince Charles visits 'ailing' Prince Philip.

Media sometimes knows more than they report, so I would say the newsroom gossip is he's faded past the point of return. Then again, they could just be seeing the footage and deciding it's so and that's become the gossip. But, he's 99...

It has to be said: what's on his iPod?

by Anonymousreply 336February 20, 2021 6:09 PM

I hope not either, R335, but I feel she will follow him soon after. She has lost so many family members, but he is the man she has loved, adored, and depended on since age 13, iirc. Doesn't bode well.

by Anonymousreply 337February 20, 2021 6:10 PM

The media is putting the finishing touches on Philip's obituary and video tape. It's ready to roll when he goes from "in good spirits" to sadly departed.Philip's

by Anonymousreply 338February 20, 2021 6:29 PM

A UTI can become sepsis very quickly in the elderly. It did for my mother. She survived it but became incredibly weak. It was long after that.

by Anonymousreply 339February 20, 2021 6:33 PM

*wasn’t

by Anonymousreply 340February 20, 2021 6:33 PM

Hmmm... I think Prince Philip maybe wanted to go with no fuss. It’s surprising he’s not home, but he’d be surrounded by people most definitely making a fuss at home. So maybe this is what he chose. We’ll see if he gets released in a few days.

by Anonymousreply 341February 20, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote]R337 II feel she will follow him soon after. She has lost so many family members, but he is the man she has loved, adored, and depended on since age 13

They better check her dead snatch for Crown Jewels she secreted up there. The grifter’s one of the richest women in the world but was always trying to bilk the public purse for more.

by Anonymousreply 342February 20, 2021 6:47 PM

I think this is a lot of hyperbole. Philip is frail but he's the Queen's husband, so of course they're taking great care with him and keeping him overtime in hospital. I actually feel he's ok and will be released next week.

Charles doesn't look any different in those post-visit photos than he usually does (dour, serious). I can't see a difference in his expression with the mask on. And his visit isn't odd, it needs to be seen in context: it's positive needed pr for the BRF to be seen asmunified and close at this moment, given the large negative headlines generated by the Sussex split this week. CNN covering Charles's visit doesn't mean Phil is ready to go; it's a needed pr move to take the attention off all the negative press generated by his son and DIL.

by Anonymousreply 343February 20, 2021 6:48 PM

asmunified = as unified in r343

by Anonymousreply 344February 20, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote]We understand that Prince Charles has not returned to Highgrove in Gloucestershire but has instead gone to stay the night at Clarence House in St James’, London. No updates from Buckingham Palace on Duke of Edinburgh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345February 20, 2021 6:49 PM

My hunches: either this is it OR he's going to have some kind of operation which at 99 presents a huge risk. I'm hopping it's the latter but probably the former.

by Anonymousreply 346February 20, 2021 6:57 PM

It's always important to look at what the BRF DOES rather than what it SAYS. Most statements are puffery and PR.

Charles coming up from Highgrove and staying in London is significant. If the Queen comes to London, you know that serious shit is going down.

by Anonymousreply 347February 20, 2021 6:58 PM

It seems likely to be it... but he could rally. Interesting that Charles did not return to Gloucestershire. It's only a two hour drive (and more than likely he came by helicopter to some place.)

The ship is sinking.

by Anonymousreply 348February 20, 2021 7:00 PM

Yes. Otherwise she’s stretched out by the pool.

by Anonymousreply 349February 20, 2021 7:01 PM

This is it.

by Anonymousreply 350February 20, 2021 7:03 PM

If he took a fall, he has a broken bone, probably hip at his age. I have osteoporosis and broke my left hip. I am 58. It was and is painful, and it is dangerous at any age. I can not imagine going through this at his age.

by Anonymousreply 351February 20, 2021 7:06 PM

Is it confirmed he fell? There's nothing like that in the papers.

I mean, I know he and the Queen still fuck so he could have broke a bone (a real bone) throwing her one at his age.

by Anonymousreply 352February 20, 2021 7:08 PM

No fall.

by Anonymousreply 353February 20, 2021 7:09 PM

If he broke his hip, even if he survives now, it's the signal of the beginning of the final decline. A broken hip almost always is.

by Anonymousreply 354February 20, 2021 7:10 PM

I bet he gets moved to Windsor tonight, under cover of darkness, to die there.

by Anonymousreply 355February 20, 2021 7:11 PM

I hope Harry is happy.

by Anonymousreply 356February 20, 2021 7:11 PM

Is Anne not his favorite.? If she appears soon we'll know

by Anonymousreply 357February 20, 2021 7:11 PM

Just a little Get Well Soon card for HRH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358February 20, 2021 7:12 PM

R351, I meant that a broken hip in the very elderly is a sign of decline. I wasn't trying to comment on your prospects.

by Anonymousreply 359February 20, 2021 7:12 PM

I agree. But it's gone eight at night there, so it's dark. They may be able to come and go with relative privacy so she could get missed.

by Anonymousreply 360February 20, 2021 7:12 PM

I thought he walked in to the hospital? That doesn't indicate a fall or broken hip.

by Anonymousreply 361February 20, 2021 7:13 PM

Anne is famously private and independent. If her beloved father is truly dying, she'll visit his deathbed discreetly.

by Anonymousreply 362February 20, 2021 7:13 PM

That hospital is difficult to enter/exit privately

You'd think they'd want to take him home to die. Perhaps he's hooked up to too many devices now.

by Anonymousreply 363February 20, 2021 7:21 PM

Will Harry be booed in public if there's any kind of public event? I doubt it. Philip is said to have rejected a state funeral. The circumstances may lead to the only private royal burial in a long time, certainly for a senior member of the Royal Family. I wonder where they will put him? St. George's Chapel is pretty full and the longest reigning monarch and her spouse would, you think, command a major burial place. Queen Victoria had her own mausoleum built... I wonder if they'll put him the vault at St. George's and build something.

by Anonymousreply 364February 20, 2021 7:22 PM

Royal watchers on Twitter are saying that St. Edwards allows visitors only under end-of-life circumstances. Since the BRF is trying to be especially careful about optics now, I don't think PC would visit if the situation weren't dire.

by Anonymousreply 365February 20, 2021 7:24 PM

R365 King Edward Hospital is allowing visits for "end of life" or "exceptional circumstances." Given Philip is a royal, they'd probably allow a member of the family to visit regardless. That being said, yes, Charles visiting right now is not a good sign. Very probable he's taken a turn for the worst.

by Anonymousreply 366February 20, 2021 7:27 PM

He's in King Edward VII hospital, R365, and they allow visitors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367February 20, 2021 7:28 PM

R365, see r298.

by Anonymousreply 368February 20, 2021 7:28 PM

Oh, look who has inserted himself into the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369February 20, 2021 7:32 PM

R367, in normal times yes but with COVID they are only allowing visitors in exceptional circumstances. It actually says that in your link.

by Anonymousreply 370February 20, 2021 7:32 PM

Surely he must be dead!

by Anonymousreply 371February 20, 2021 7:35 PM

Quick! Someone ring the hospital and ask for his room!

by Anonymousreply 372February 20, 2021 7:38 PM

How often do we ever see BRF members visiting each other in the hospital? This is a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 373February 20, 2021 7:40 PM

How-lleh? Yez. One wonduhs if one might speak with the Dyook of Edinbra? Yez. His wife.

by Anonymousreply 374February 20, 2021 7:40 PM

Do it, R374. Report back here.

by Anonymousreply 375February 20, 2021 7:41 PM

England is 5 hours ahead of us?

by Anonymousreply 376February 20, 2021 7:42 PM

R375, I tried and all they said was did I have Prince Albert in a can?

BASTARDS!

by Anonymousreply 377February 20, 2021 7:43 PM

Depending on where you live, yes, R376. it's 20:43 there right now.

by Anonymousreply 378February 20, 2021 7:43 PM

R373 Members of the family have visited Philip in hospital during his longer stays. The Queen visited him after he had surgery to put a stint in his heart and then again in 2012 when he had a bladder infection. I believe Charles, Camilla, Edward, Anne and Andrew all visited him that time too.

by Anonymousreply 379February 20, 2021 7:44 PM

The real dilemma for Megalomaniac is the funeral. Does she go, knowing? Does she dare let Harry go unsupervised?

by Anonymousreply 380February 20, 2021 7:46 PM

Meghan won't go. She'll plead pregnancy. Given her relationship with her in-laws, it's the most gracious course of action she could take.

by Anonymousreply 381February 20, 2021 7:48 PM

Many years ago, DJs from Montreal pretended to be the PM and prank called the Queen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382February 20, 2021 7:50 PM

Candygram !

by Anonymousreply 383February 20, 2021 7:51 PM

Hunky Chris Ship has now confirmed that Charles IS NOT staying in London and has returned to Highgrove.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384February 20, 2021 7:56 PM

R359- No problem dear. I know my ass is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 385February 20, 2021 7:57 PM

What's fascinating about that hoax is how absolutely in command she sounds... she really gets down to business when it's business. She knew very well she needed a quick constitutional check with her private secretary when the intervention ask was made. It was quite fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 386February 20, 2021 7:58 PM

Here's the story, R386.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387February 20, 2021 8:01 PM

Hunky Chris Ship? That's supposed to be a hunk?

by Anonymousreply 388February 20, 2021 8:01 PM

Oh. Déjà?

by Anonymousreply 389February 20, 2021 8:03 PM

So what’s the true story. Conflicting info as to where Charles went afterward.

by Anonymousreply 390February 20, 2021 8:04 PM

R390 ITV is pretty accurate with their royal reporting so it sounds like Charles has returned to Highgrove.

by Anonymousreply 391February 20, 2021 8:23 PM

It's currently 9:30pm in the UK, so we'll know soon enough what "big story" Farage is referring to (assuming he's legit).

by Anonymousreply 392February 20, 2021 8:30 PM

I’d still be surprised if Phillip is on the very brink of death. I think we may get a “the Prince’s life is moving peacefully to its close” announcement though.

by Anonymousreply 393February 20, 2021 8:37 PM

R392, Farage’s big news will be him being an odious toad about something. The man hasn’t a redeeming cell in his body. Honestly, I think Trump might be preferable to Farage.

by Anonymousreply 394February 20, 2021 8:52 PM

I'm telling you all, he's fine. He's old and frail and likely battling a waning UTI, hence the long hospital stay, but otherwise same as ever.

The royals know how to milk the news cycle and media to their advantage when necessary. Philip's illness has been put to good use the past few days; more sympathy for the BRF, less for the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 395February 20, 2021 8:54 PM

This is it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396February 20, 2021 8:55 PM

(munching popcorn)

by Anonymousreply 397February 20, 2021 8:59 PM

If true, R395, I salute them. The Palace's PR flacks are so much better than they were during the Diana days, weren't they? They've really l learned how to work the news cycle to their advantage.

by Anonymousreply 398February 20, 2021 9:02 PM

A poster in this thread posited that Prince Philip might be suffering from a UTI because he was treated for that before, and another guessed that it might be a broken hip, even though the media is reporting that Philip walked into the hospital.

But has anyone considered that it might be cancer? He did smoke several years, and several people at his advanced age often succumb to the disease. A few years ago, my uncle looked as gaunt during the final few months of his life as Philip does now, but his cancer wasn't detected until he entered the hospital due to excruciating pain. He had emergency surgery and died at the hospital within a week. Due to Covid and Philip's advanced age, surgery probably would be out of the question upon such a diagnosis.

This image is from last August. Philip seemed to be failing quickly even then. I hope I'm wrong and that he lives several more years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399February 20, 2021 9:22 PM

I also wonder if Philip is all there these days. His eyes always look rather startled and blank, none of the cool canniness of previous times.

by Anonymousreply 400February 20, 2021 9:24 PM

Whatever news was waiting to Prince Charles when he arrived was written on his face when he left. The contrast in his arrival vs departure photos speak volumes.

by Anonymousreply 401February 20, 2021 9:27 PM

It'll be a strange coincidence if he dies on the same day Eugenie announced she was naming her son in his honour

by Anonymousreply 402February 20, 2021 9:28 PM

Yes, I know I can look this up, but how long does it take to get from Highgrove to the hospital in Central London?

by Anonymousreply 403February 20, 2021 9:29 PM

Will the Queen be there for his final moments?

by Anonymousreply 404February 20, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote]Still no explanation from the Palace for the visit.

Gee, Chris Ship - you dipshit, maybe because he wanted to visit his Dad in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 405February 20, 2021 9:34 PM

R403, it's a hundred miles, so about two hours, maybe a bit less.

[quote]His eyes always look rather startled and blank, none of the cool canniness of previous times.

Remember, though, he's 99. Look closely at the picture in R399... he's lean, and that always ages you when you're old (sorry, bitches), the rims of his eyes have sagged (assuming due to elasticity) and the redness of the interior socket is highlighted as a result, that makes his bright, light blue eyes pop in contrast. Those horrible red bags under his eyes are typical of skin in the elderly... it's thin, it's fragile, blood vessels at the surface burst easily. I suggest his look is mostly down to the ravages of time. He's was 99 then, now he's almost a hundred. It's a miracle he could get up to fall (not saying he did. There'd be no point lying about that if it weren't so at this age.)

by Anonymousreply 406February 20, 2021 9:35 PM

Charles was either teary eyed because...

1) His father's condition has worsened

2) his father is still bullying him in his old age

by Anonymousreply 407February 20, 2021 9:36 PM

^ Meagain... stop playing silly games.

by Anonymousreply 408February 20, 2021 9:38 PM

R407 Charles is a very sensitive person (it's one of the reasons he and Philip did not always get along) and it seems very in character that he would be upset regardless if Philip is on his death bed or not. Lets add to that, he's having a shitty week with all the other drama going on with his son and his daughter-in-law and the pandemic as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 409February 20, 2021 9:41 PM

Even if Philip isn't dying today, it may have finally hit Charles that he will be losing his father in the near future. It might sound silly--Philip is 99--but sometimes one can accept something intellectually but not really feel it. I think Charles is feeling it.

by Anonymousreply 410February 20, 2021 9:49 PM

Can we all just take a sec and appreciate what a piece of ass Prince Philip was back in the day?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411February 20, 2021 10:07 PM

A gigolo's life.

by Anonymousreply 412February 20, 2021 10:15 PM

Nigel Farage's big news is an assertion Chinese billionaires are buying up British schools to spread Communist party propaganda.

It could be true, it could be loony conspiracy theory rubbish the Nigel Farages of the world believe. It's probably a bit of both.

by Anonymousreply 413February 20, 2021 10:17 PM

It's sound more and more like Charles wanted to see his father. Apparently, he has not seen him since early 2020. Charles had COVID and also has been vaccinated, so has Philip, so the hospital likely counted this as extraordinary circumstances. Also the fact that he was there 30 minutes suggests Philip is still alive and able to communicate. At 99, you're at death's door by default but I think it's still possible he leaves hospital on his own and not in a pine box.

by Anonymousreply 414February 21, 2021 1:18 AM

Yes both Philip and Charles have been vaccinated and Edward VII Hospital in not a COVID treating hospital. So given that Charles is likely immune (and possibly tested regularly) it was deemed okay for him to visit.

by Anonymousreply 415February 21, 2021 1:45 AM

I don't know if this means anything, but the top Daily Mail story - a harkle story with 20,000 comments - just went to zero comments.

Could be nothing, but I can't help but suspect that we're going to get an announcement at 9 am UK time.

by Anonymousreply 416February 21, 2021 3:31 AM

If he is dying, did they sneak his other children into the hospital? What about the Queen herself? Odd that only Charles was photographed visiting.

by Anonymousreply 417February 21, 2021 3:40 AM

Maybe r417, but Charles is the Prince of Wales. I can imagine it might be thought "necessary" for the future king to have a few final moments with his father in person. It could be protocol, for all we know.

by Anonymousreply 418February 21, 2021 3:48 AM

If he was at death’s door, he’d go home to Windsor to die surrounded by his family. Dying in hospital is non-U. (Sorry Princess Margaret)

by Anonymousreply 419February 21, 2021 3:50 AM

I can't see Philip dying in hospital.

Philip, who was once essentially 'homeless', strikes me as someone who would very much want to die at home.

by Anonymousreply 420February 21, 2021 3:51 AM

Perhaps he made a turn for the worse and it would be unethical to move him.

by Anonymousreply 421February 21, 2021 3:52 AM

Maybe, r421, but I think the Queen would have him moved home, or at least to Buckingham Palace.

(Who knows. I've got a bad feeling about all of this, but what do I know?)

by Anonymousreply 422February 21, 2021 3:55 AM

As long as he's in the hospital, death is not in sight. There is a 100% chance he will spend his last hours at home.

by Anonymousreply 423February 21, 2021 3:59 AM

If he passed there would first be silence/media blackout...

Wouldn't his passing be very similar to the Queen Mother's in 2002 but with a more robust national mourning, including Liz 2 herself, and more official shut downs?

by Anonymousreply 424February 21, 2021 4:03 AM

Given their money, they could set up a hospital room for him at Windsor or Wood Farm, complete with private nurses and doctors. I agree that unless he were to go suddenly while in the hospital, he'll die at home. Any sort of lingering fatal illness they could prepare for privately.

by Anonymousreply 425February 21, 2021 4:04 AM

If Anne comes to visit, we'll know its extremely close to the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426February 21, 2021 4:08 AM

Agree but what if it has been a precipitous decline and even moving him is considered treacherous?

Or it could be that these visits are the discussions about moving him home for his final days?

I mean who the hell knows?

by Anonymousreply 427February 21, 2021 4:09 AM

My money is still on Philip leaving the hospital alive...whatever happens after that who knows. At first when it sounded like Charles was staying in London I was worried, but he went back to Highgrove which says to me they are not expecting anything immediately. Also I think if Philip was about to kick the bucket, Camilla would have come with Charles to London (maybe not to the hospital) but we've heard that she remains at Highgrove.

by Anonymousreply 428February 21, 2021 4:14 AM

Good points, r428

by Anonymousreply 429February 21, 2021 4:15 AM

The Duke of Edinburgh will never “pass”, R424.

He will, however, die, as will you, me and all of us eventually.

by Anonymousreply 430February 21, 2021 4:51 AM

The usage of the euphemism "Pass" is almost physically repellent to me.

Died. Died, DIED.

Died that's the only word for death that does not set off my gag.

by Anonymousreply 431February 21, 2021 5:51 AM

R431- So? Some people only believe in the death of the body, not soul, hence they pass to another realm. The soul doesn't die. Why does that bother you do much! Not being sarcastic, just curious.

by Anonymousreply 432February 21, 2021 5:57 AM

Wouldn't it be delicious if he dies 5 mins before the Oprah interview LOL

by Anonymousreply 433February 21, 2021 6:00 AM

R433- Yes, it would be almost paranormal, lmao!

by Anonymousreply 434February 21, 2021 6:06 AM

[quote]R399 But has anyone considered that it might be cancer?

I don’t care what it is, as long as he [italic]goes.

by Anonymousreply 435February 21, 2021 6:11 AM

[quote]R399 But has anyone considered that it might be cancer?

Maybe he has a dildo stuck in him or something?

by Anonymousreply 436February 21, 2021 6:19 AM

Apparently Prince Charles was crying at the hospital so either it's terminal or he got reamed out by darling daddy.

by Anonymousreply 437February 21, 2021 8:05 AM

My sister worked in Borneo at a monkey shelter and she named one of the probiscus monkeys 'Prince Harry' because they looked so similar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438February 21, 2021 8:26 AM

Jeez, what kind of doctors give a NINETY-SEVEN year old a HIP REPLACEMENT? The fact he survived that at that age, suggests he'll be around for another 3-4 years at least.

by Anonymousreply 439February 21, 2021 8:31 AM

Don't these royals ever die!?

by Anonymousreply 440February 21, 2021 8:55 AM

Listed above in the hospital regulations for visiting at present: only one visitor is allowed and only for end of life or in cases where mental capacity is affected in some way and the patient needs a familiar person to allow them to remain calm and comfortable. There would be uproar if the rules were changed too much for the royals. This is why we have only seen the Duke of Cornwall visiting and I suppose at 99 any hospitalisation is concerning and could be end of life.

by Anonymousreply 441February 21, 2021 9:10 AM

Do you think the Queen of England might be allowed in as Charles’ +1?

by Anonymousreply 442February 21, 2021 9:14 AM

A few things to keep in mind:

1. Regular visiting protocols don‘t apply to royalty

2. Charles visiting his father isn’t all that remarkable: The Queen won’t visit because the media and the public will be speculating for days

3. He walked into the hospital unaided. That doesn’t sound like he had a fall - it’s probably UTI or a congestion of sorts.

4. „Not feeling well“ for days on end could mean the poor old sod haven’t had a bowel movement for days — not uncommon for people his age.

5. Everything points to Philip leaving hospital by the middle of the week.

by Anonymousreply 443February 21, 2021 9:15 AM

Haven’t = hasn’t

Oh, dear...

by Anonymousreply 444February 21, 2021 9:16 AM

The Maul speculating today Charles' visit suggests instead his father is well enough to receive visitors, not so ill he needs final moments with the family.

Certainly the one thing we know is he made the night.

by Anonymousreply 445February 21, 2021 12:29 PM

Can't believe he's still going, to be honest.

Pretty sure the Queen Mother's death was announced in the afternoon (UK time). I came home from my friend's birthday party and the news was breaking on TV, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 446February 21, 2021 1:10 PM

He's still around?

by Anonymousreply 447February 21, 2021 1:16 PM

Is Lizzy back from her Tinder date yet? Rumor has it she was out all night and one of her maids found lube in Lizzy's purse but no condoms.

by Anonymousreply 448February 21, 2021 1:42 PM

His cargo cult will be devastated.

by Anonymousreply 449February 21, 2021 2:03 PM

R446 With the Queen Mum's death there was only about a two hour delay between her dying and the public being told. The Queen wanted Charles to be informed (who was on a skiing holiday with William and Harry) first.

by Anonymousreply 450February 21, 2021 4:10 PM

We are over his story. It’s time for him to GO so we can all just file this away.

by Anonymousreply 451February 21, 2021 4:23 PM

Dear R451 and similar: I'm certain some people someday will be saying the same about you. That is, if there's anyone left to care enough.

by Anonymousreply 452February 21, 2021 5:50 PM

Left? They'd have to care to begin with, wouldn't they?

by Anonymousreply 453February 21, 2021 6:08 PM

The Daily Mail is saying that Buckingham Palace reiterated their statement from Friday. The Duke remains in hospital out of an abundance of caution. So this doesn't appear to be an on his deathbed moment yet.

by Anonymousreply 454February 21, 2021 8:22 PM

William confirmed at a public engagement today that Philip is doing okay. So, I think all the Philip death trolls might want to put their champagne back on ice.

by Anonymousreply 455February 22, 2021 4:46 PM

Good news. Really want him make it to 100.

by Anonymousreply 456February 22, 2021 5:52 PM

We love Phil. Not many spectators realize that Phil was dirt poor when he became engaged to Elizabeth. He had no home of his own, no fortune, and his only prospect for a living involved service in the Royal Navy. Ah - he DID have a legitimate title, being a great-great grandchild of Queen Victoria just like Lillibet which is just one way the two are distant cousins. Her parents wanted her to marry one of the English noblemen with a huge fortune of his own - ah Marlborough, ah Devonshire, ah Carnarvon! They, of course, wanted her to wed one of the landed gentry to merge two great fortunes into one. Alas, it was not to be. Our Liillibet fell in love with our Phil at their first meeting - he being 18, and she only 13. She threatened a move akin to abdication as she was not yet Sovereign.

"DOOOOOOOON'T FUCK WITH ME FELLAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!" said the Princess, who never doubted that she would have her way.

In the end, this is Phil: Bored out of his skull and trying to make the most of what he must do. Always trying to be funny, then you're sure to put your foot in your mouth more often. Even so, he performed his Royal duty better than any other man she could have chosen. Seriously. That be the case. He never forgot his roots, And she loved him because of those roots.

Three cheers for Phil! Hip Hip.....Hip Hip....Hip Hip....

He's even elegant while highly pissed off, telling someone what he really thinks. Side note: What a beautiful suit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457February 22, 2021 8:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458February 22, 2021 8:20 PM

R457- Great find, thank you! I love him, always have. I admire people who speak their mind the way he does, who speak bluntly. Maybe because I am the same way. What a handsome man he was. QE ll has been one lucky lady. It made me sick when some were wishing for his death.

by Anonymousreply 459February 22, 2021 8:28 PM

Agreed R459. I have always found Phil to be highly entertaining most especially when he was not trying to be so. Here's a young and obviously smitten Phil meeting a young and obviously flirtatious Elizabeth Taylor. Wilding is helpless!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460February 22, 2021 8:37 PM

Lovely picture. Prince Philip was the most handsome man in the room, imo. Old Liz bowing very deeply there, lol. Show handsome the bosom! 😆 Don't Blame her one bit! Classic Roman nose on him. Classic profile. Lucky Liz!

by Anonymousreply 461February 22, 2021 8:41 PM

My guess is Prince Philip railed at Charles about Harry. But, of course, Charles loves Harry.

by Anonymousreply 462February 22, 2021 9:07 PM

Is he dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 463February 22, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote] Under the current restrictions, is it likely Charles would have been allowed to visit Philip in hospital if he weren't approaching the end?

Almost certainly. And not because he's a celebrity, but rather because he is heir to the throne.

I am always surprised when people bitch about Charles or his mother getting special treatment. Of course they get special treatment: they are not like everyone else. She is the sovereign and he is the heir to the throne. Under the British political system, they get special treatment.

by Anonymousreply 464February 22, 2021 9:21 PM

Someone get the Roto Rooter guy cause he’s been circling a long ass time.

by Anonymousreply 465February 22, 2021 9:23 PM

Prince Phil has no intention of dying until the day of Meghan's Oprah interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466February 22, 2021 9:30 PM

This might not last long on youtube but someone uploaded a recent documentary about Philip which sheds a lot of light about how he is as a person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467February 22, 2021 11:09 PM

Prince Philip is being treated for an infection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468February 23, 2021 2:26 PM

Prince Edward says his father is feeling better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469February 23, 2021 3:01 PM

He's already been in hospital for a week, and now he's staying in for several more days? Doesn't necessarily mean he's dying, but it sounds as though the stuff about him only being in for observation was bollocks.

by Anonymousreply 470February 23, 2021 3:05 PM

At that age, the body heals at a glacial pace. You don't want to be the doctor who sent him home, only to have him come back with (or succumb to) a bigger infection.

by Anonymousreply 471February 23, 2021 3:08 PM

It could be a chest infection of some description... they'd want to make certain that is wholly cured in someone of that age.

by Anonymousreply 472February 23, 2021 3:25 PM

R470 Almost any infection in an elderly person is very dangerous. Very often a primary infection can cause fatal secondary infections such as: pneumonia, UTIs (which can lead to kidney failure) or sepsis. As R471 said, in the elderly healing takes place super slowly (even with antibiotics). It's likely that they would want to ensure the infection is 100% clear before they even consider sending him home.

It's encouraging that they said he's responding to treatment. Prince Edward said today that Philip is feeling better and wants to get home as soon as possible...but then he said so "we have our fingers crossed" which makes me think this is absolutely more serious than what we've been told and he's not out of the woods yet

by Anonymousreply 473February 23, 2021 4:23 PM

That "we have our fingers crossed" comment might have been a slip of the tongue. Everything else has implied that everything's just fine, but from this it really isn't yet.

Or perhaps a deliberate slip to prepare the public just in case.

by Anonymousreply 474February 23, 2021 4:37 PM

To me it sounds like Edward is saying they're keeping their fingers crossed he'll be out soon.

by Anonymousreply 475February 23, 2021 4:41 PM

Here's Edward sounding unstressed about it.

Asked how he was doing, he said: "As far as I'm aware, well I did speak to him the other day, so he's a lot better thank you very much indeed, and he's looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing. So we keep our fingers crossed."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476February 23, 2021 7:12 PM

Though Philip will be released in a few days, this is probably the beginning of the final decline.

by Anonymousreply 477February 23, 2021 8:47 PM

Who knows? Remember when Rose Kennedy had a stroke at the age of ninety-three... and then went on to live for another eleven fucking years?

by Anonymousreply 478February 23, 2021 8:59 PM

I would lay money on Philip dying in the next year or two. Eighty-five to ninety percent of centenarians are women. However, if he is one of the rare men to pass his 100th birthday, he could very well go on another five or six years after that, at least according to this article in the Journal of the American Geriatric Society:

[quote]The fact that women are more resilient however is a double-edged sword in that while women are more likely to live longer, at older ages they are also more likely than men to have chronic illnesses and disabilities. Male centenarians on the other hand, though far fewer, tend to be in better medical and functional condition because they are such a select survivor cohort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479February 23, 2021 9:07 PM

R477 Very likely although Philip is remarkably fit for 99. I mean he underwent a hip replacement two years ago and made a full recovery...most elderly people over 85 die fairly quickly after this kind of surgery.

If he survives this infection, I say he's got at least another year or two left in him. He's in better shape than the Queen Mum was at his age, and he still walks unaided and is totally independent soo, my money is till on him being around for a while yet.

by Anonymousreply 480February 24, 2021 12:12 AM

[quote]at older ages they are also more likely than men to have chronic illnesses and disabilities.

How is this any different from younger women?

by Anonymousreply 481February 24, 2021 12:23 AM

I've said it before, but Prince Philip is built like a fucking tank. He walked away from this crash not even a year ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482February 24, 2021 7:15 AM

maybe the stories about adrenochrome ARE true...

I am starting to believe that, lol.

Go Phillip! If nothing else, just to spite everyone counting you out!

by Anonymousreply 483February 24, 2021 1:10 PM

Dear r483,

You are hereby notified to cease and desist any and all further unlawful defamation, slander, and/or libel with regards to your actions and/or statements relating to our product, including but not limited to its propriety rejuvenating and anti-aging formula...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484February 24, 2021 1:31 PM

^^Proprietary

by Anonymousreply 485February 24, 2021 1:33 PM

R484- Lol! I will take it. Idgas what I look like now, let me live to 97!

by Anonymousreply 486February 24, 2021 1:47 PM

I'm not sure living to 97 would be all that fun, R486

by Anonymousreply 487February 24, 2021 5:15 PM

I agree R147, not unless you live in the world he does. Even then, this world gets more scary and depressing everyday.

by Anonymousreply 488February 24, 2021 5:27 PM

Sounds like the could use some Liquid Plumber already.

by Anonymousreply 489February 24, 2021 5:28 PM

We're now in day 9 of Philip's hospital stay. My feeling is if he's not out within the next four or five days he ain't coming out of there.

by Anonymousreply 490February 25, 2021 3:47 PM

The Queen is looking very well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491February 25, 2021 9:13 PM

Who gets the job of pleasuring the queen and pounding her in the ass every night while her husband is in the hospital? Does his valet need to step in and do it for queen and cuntry?

by Anonymousreply 492February 25, 2021 9:18 PM

I love that carnation color on Queen Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 493February 26, 2021 5:58 AM

Still in hospital. He must have one hell of an infection. Amazing they haven’t been able to dose him with enough meds to turn the corner.

by Anonymousreply 494February 27, 2021 3:35 AM

This is really looking a bit grim after so many days. That and the fact that he could have round the clock care at home. Really hope he makes it.

by Anonymousreply 495February 27, 2021 12:53 PM

Stop making excuses for that Nazi. He, his blood relatives, his mother in law, sister in law were all virulent racists. His being the Queen's husband gave him the leeway to say whatever racist, misogynistic, homophobic (yes to you queens who love his refreshing honesty, he probably thought of you as poofters) and other bigoted crap without being called out on it.

by Anonymousreply 496February 27, 2021 2:19 PM

R496 yawn

by Anonymousreply 497February 27, 2021 2:20 PM

R497 but enough about your mom's pussy

by Anonymousreply 498February 27, 2021 2:52 PM

One word: Drano.

by Anonymousreply 499February 27, 2021 2:54 PM

Prince Phillip is obviously a terrible person. The pandemic has been one of his dreams come true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500February 27, 2021 6:08 PM

Philip is the product of another time and place who has never seen the need to update his values. He certainly isn't going to change at this point.

by Anonymousreply 501February 27, 2021 6:13 PM

Philip has been transferred to another hospital for tests on a pre-existing heart condition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502March 1, 2021 2:18 PM

Beat me to it, R502, was just about to post that.

by Anonymousreply 503March 1, 2021 2:20 PM

He's indestructible!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504March 1, 2021 2:29 PM

I figured this was just another short stay for his chronic infections until the news about being transferred to a second hospital, NOW I believe he's circling the drain!

by Anonymousreply 505March 1, 2021 2:53 PM

Prince Philip transferred to St Bartholomew's Hospital in central London to have tests for pre-existing heart condition as well as receive treatment for an infection

by Anonymousreply 506March 1, 2021 2:58 PM

Dead by the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 507March 1, 2021 3:01 PM

C-diff - dehydration -irregular heart rhythm

Just guessing

by Anonymousreply 508March 1, 2021 3:48 PM

He may not go in the next few days, but this is definitely the beginning of the end. I wouldn't lay money on him making it to his 100th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 509March 1, 2021 4:00 PM

He's probably being transferred to a rehab facility to get him up and walking again. My dad went through this at age 97, had an ulcer which put him in the hospital for 2 weeks, then they shipped him to another hospital for 'rehab' because the two weeks in a hospital bed had set him back, i.e. not steady on his feet, forgot how to use a walker properly, combined with the expected degree of dementia at his age. Fast forward to today, at age 99 he is fine, just forgetful. Don't write Phillip off quite yet! He has the best of all care available.

by Anonymousreply 510March 1, 2021 4:20 PM

St Bartholomew's Hospital - Barts Health NHS Trust

St Bartholomew's is an internationally renowned hospital in the City of London, close to St Paul's cathedral. It is a centre of excellence for both cardiac and cancer care. Barts Heart Centre is Europe's largest specialized cardiovascular service. Barts Cancer Centre has a global reputation for treating common and rare cancers.

by Anonymousreply 511March 1, 2021 4:22 PM

This doesn't look good at all for Philip. Although he might still make it to 100, I doubt we'll see him in public ever again. Sadly this sounds like a rapid decline for him. People who reach a great old age as Philip has, typically decline very quickly when the time comes. My great-grandmother made it to 103. Although she moved to an old age community, she was still very active and mobile until about four months before she died. She developed inflammation in her hip and then just spiralled downwards and went from fully mobile to being able to go to the bathroom without assistance and died very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 512March 1, 2021 5:57 PM

My 99-year-old grandfather also went very fast. It's like their body just goes and goes, and one day it says 'nope.'

by Anonymousreply 513March 1, 2021 6:38 PM

Yes, people who make it to a grand old age in relatively good shape tend to go quickly when their time comes. R513 Yup something as mild as a cold can finish an very old person off (it's believed that the Queen Mum contracted a mild cold during one of her final public engagements in late 2001 and that she never recovered and it was worsened by Princess Margaret's death). While Philip may not actually die of whatever he is dealing with, he will likely never fully recover from it. It seems such a shame to literally be a spits throw from 100 and may not make it.

by Anonymousreply 514March 1, 2021 8:04 PM

Zsa Zsa was within weeks of her 100th when she finally croaked

by Anonymousreply 515March 1, 2021 8:11 PM

Why won't he just die already? I'm looking forward to the death watch and death threads.

by Anonymousreply 516March 1, 2021 10:44 PM

[quote] Stop making excuses for that Nazi.

He absolutely was not a Nazi. His elder sisters were Nazis, but he was most decidedly not. He fought AGAINST the Nazis in WW2 and was decorated for it.

If you have any proof whatsoever he was a Nazi, then link--otherwise, shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 517March 1, 2021 10:49 PM

He'll be gone by Friday.

by Anonymousreply 518March 1, 2021 10:52 PM

^And if he does, who will be in the funeral procession?

by Anonymousreply 519March 1, 2021 11:11 PM

It could be heart failure?

by Anonymousreply 520March 2, 2021 1:03 AM

Some of the royal reports on Twitter are reporting that the tone within the royal family has changed from optimistic to "praying." Sounding like Philip's final duty will be to upstage H&M on March 7.

by Anonymousreply 521March 2, 2021 2:03 AM

I would think the Queen would go to see him?

by Anonymousreply 522March 2, 2021 2:10 AM

R522 with COVID restrictions if she goes to the hospital it's a message that 100% this is the end.

Also royal reporter Robert Jobson is now saying the reason Charles visited Philip in hospital was that one of the Philip's Pages (basically his personal butler) died unexpectedly the day after Philip was admitted into hospital and Charles wanted to break the news in person.

by Anonymousreply 523March 2, 2021 2:17 AM

So my grandfather died from complications of a kidney infection when he was 94. This sounds strikingly similar to what is happening to Philip. My granddad was being treated but then he began experiencing heart palpitations and ultimately died as a result of cardiac arrhythmia.

by Anonymousreply 524March 2, 2021 2:23 AM

Kidney infections, UTIs and pneumonia are a major trigger for heart attack and stroke in elderly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525March 2, 2021 2:28 AM

R29 = Doug Ford.

by Anonymousreply 526March 2, 2021 5:20 AM

Well he's a Eugenicist - that's basically a Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 527March 2, 2021 7:17 AM

So is he the new Valerie Harper?

by Anonymousreply 528March 2, 2021 8:32 AM

Well you know how long it takes to properly coordinate your accessories.

by Anonymousreply 529March 2, 2021 9:22 PM

Here's what's happening to Philip's chances of making it to 100:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530March 3, 2021 1:35 AM

He is dead.

by Anonymousreply 531April 9, 2021 11:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!