Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How did the Capitol rioters kill Officer Brian Sicknick, if not with a fire extinguisher?

Did they beat the officer to death with something else?

A UK news site said it was a stroke induced by bear spray, but the Times is staying away from that so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2021 10:47 PM

Had they not been there, he'd be alive; that's all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2021 2:32 PM

R1 = Trump loving Boris.

We want to know, because it makes these animal rioters look bad (which is true), and it takes away their cover that "we didn't do it".

We've just had 4 years of opaque fuckery in DC. Let's not continue that, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2February 15, 2021 2:36 PM

One threw a fire extinguisher at him, hitting him on the head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 15, 2021 2:38 PM

R3, that's the Post from January. Within the last week, the Times is pulling back on that and has now updated their equivalent story to read "New information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police."

by Anonymousreply 4February 15, 2021 2:40 PM

R3 here R4...hadn't heard.

Thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 5February 15, 2021 2:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 15, 2021 2:41 PM

^ As DL doesn’t allow links to CNN, go to the Dailymail article at r6, and clICK on the link to CNN, and you’ll see the original report on the autopsy at CNN

by Anonymousreply 7February 15, 2021 2:47 PM

Saw on either CNN or MSNBC a couple nights ago they are looking at an adverse reaction to bear spray

by Anonymousreply 8February 15, 2021 2:58 PM

R1 is 100% right.

[quote] We want to know, because it makes these animal rioters look bad (which is true),

So getting hit with a fire extinguisher resulting in your death is worse than getting hit with a noxious material resulting in your death?

Would the rioters look any less bad if they shoved an American flag down his throat? Or he had a heart attack in an effort to prevent these people from accessing our Congressional Representatives?

The man died in a violent insurrection and an attempt to overthrow our government. Who gives a shit about the nuance of exactly how he died?

by Anonymousreply 9February 15, 2021 3:06 PM

R9 - what's the weather there in Moscow?

by Anonymousreply 10February 15, 2021 3:29 PM

Wow. How original. No one has ever used that rejoinder.

You’re special!

by Anonymousreply 11February 15, 2021 3:40 PM

R10 who the fuck are you? You are the one acting like an insane troll, not r9. You are clearly a MAGAt thinking you are being clever.

by Anonymousreply 12February 15, 2021 3:40 PM

R12, what the fuck are you doing, Boris? You want the last word on this to be "claims that MAGAs murdered with fire extinguisher found false". So fucking transparent there, B. Crawl back into your bowl of borsht and leave the adult-thinking to the rest of us. Why don't you go donate to Trump now.

by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2021 3:43 PM

F&F this troll thread. OP/R13 is trying to spread a right wing rumor that the officer died of natural causes.

Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2021 3:45 PM

F&F this troll commenter. R14 is trying to perpetuate a right wing rumor that the officer didn't die from them. Fucking dirty foreign interferer.

by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2021 3:47 PM

This thread is a dumpster fire. Can people just tell me what I'm supposed to believe? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 16February 15, 2021 3:50 PM

The police sprayed a ton of pepper spray that day. If it was an allergic reaction, I don't know how they would tell if it was to their own spray or to spray from a protestor.

by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2021 3:53 PM

OP here. I just blocked R14 to see what else he was saying hateful. And I see that R14 and I are on another thread talking about an anti-masker in Chicago. I'm guessing we are probably on the same side but seeing things differently.

by Anonymousreply 18February 15, 2021 3:55 PM

[quote] I'm guessing we are probably on the same side but seeing things differently.

That's not allowed.

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2021 3:56 PM

R16, here's all I know: the original story was "Trump rioters kill officer by hitting him with a fire extinguisher."

The emerging story seems to be "Trump rioters kill officer by ________________".

I think it's important to replace that blank with something.

by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2021 3:56 PM

Maybe his family can sue Trump for inciting a situation that led to the Officer's death? I'd love to see Trump subpoenaed for that trial.

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2021 3:59 PM

R21 His family said they didn't want his death politicized. The theory on right wing forums is that the details of his death are being kept secret because his family is being bribed.

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote] If it was an allergic reaction, I don't know how they would tell if it was to their own spray or to spray from a protestor.

That shouldn’t be too difficult to prove. If he’s never had a reaction before, while in training in its use, other situations where he or others had to deploy it, then it would stand to reason he wouldn’t have had a reaction to it on that day.

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2021 4:01 PM

R22, unbelievable, right. As R1 noted, the officer would be alive today, if the insurrection had not happened. I also saw posts on FB from seemingly intelligent people attempting to somehow link the Reichstag Fire of 1933 with some Democratic conspiracy to use the insurrection to the benefit of Biden's Administration.

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2021 4:06 PM

They didn't, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2021 10:48 AM

Nice try R25 but I don't believe anything that comes from Glenn Greenwald.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2021 10:56 AM

[quote]The police sprayed a ton of pepper spray that day. If it was an allergic reaction, I don't know how they would tell if it was to their own spray

Because there is a difference between pepper spray and BEAR spray. The rioters used bear spray because it's easy to buy in any hunting store. Yes, it's still a form of pepper spray but it's designed to be shot from 30 feet away the the amount and intensity of the blast is much stronger a wider. If it was shot up close like pepper spray it could be lethal.

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2021 11:53 AM

Exactly R1 and R9. If the insurrection didn't happen, Sicknick would still be alive. These terrorists are responsible for his death...by fire extinguisher, or bear/pepper spray....or another way. If the trumpers weren't there, then there wouldn't have been any use of pepper/bear spray, whether used by the police or the terrorists. The chaos, with people throwing things, spraying and charging with flag poles...the police fighting back, is the cause.

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2021 12:04 PM

[quote]Maybe his family can sue Trump for inciting a situation that led to the Officer's death? I'd love to see Trump subpoenaed for that trial.

They can and should do that. Even though Trump was not punished for his crimes, it still stands that he was impeached for that crime. So he is still found technically guilty. Now they could use that guilty verdict as proof Trump caused the riot or insurrection that resulted in the officers death. The exact method of how that guy died is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2021 12:06 PM

Why have we not had a single news conference from the Capitol Police?

Why did Howard Liebengood kill himself? Howard smelled cookies and lived alone why is he not getting the James Spaide treatment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2021 12:15 PM

Fuck off R25, that journalist is a closet Trumpeter and was charged with cyber crimes just last year. Everything he says is bullshit. He says nothing Trump did compares to Bush and Obama.

by Anonymousreply 31February 19, 2021 12:15 PM

CNBC is now he died of natural causes. What the eff??????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 19, 2021 10:25 PM

that's like another George Floyd piece of bullshit. Would Sicknick have died of so-called 'natural causes' if he hadn't been attacked?

by Anonymousreply 33April 19, 2021 10:37 PM

Oddly enough, that’s what OP isn’t telling you—the medical examiner said that “all that transpired” during the riot played a role in the death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 19, 2021 10:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!