Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I get my second vaccine today at noon. I'm nervous.

The second Pfizer shot is supposed to produce some severe reactions, at least, in some people. I am not looking forward to a mini-case of Covid.

Help me, Datalounge. Be kind.

by Anonymousreply 186April 3, 2021 1:26 AM

ENJOY

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2021 2:25 PM

My friend had a reaction, but it was a 101 temp and body aches. She said it only lasted for about twelve hours.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2021 2:26 PM

Humblebragging is so 2008 or for LinkedIn.

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2021 2:26 PM

You got this, buddy boy!

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2021 2:27 PM

Can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2021 2:27 PM

I get my Moderna booster on Tuesday, 29 Palms CA. I kept Wednesday free all day, just in case. Still gotta wait 2 weeks and keep using the mask. Like being released on parole.

by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2021 2:29 PM

Sew dissent over the virus - sew Dissent over the virus - to get my daily pay šŸ’° I must sew dissent over the virus.

by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2021 2:30 PM

I had my second one, a Pfizer, this past Thursday. Although the reaction was swifter (fatigue, slight dizziness, mild fever), I just slept a lot the first day and got over it. It's not bothering me at all now.

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2021 2:30 PM

All vaccines have a risk of side-effects and it's not something to be worried about. Just be thankful any reaction you have to the vaccine will be nothing compared to the potential effects of Covid. I work for the NHS so have seen first hand what Covid can do.

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2021 2:31 PM

Good luck OP.

I get my second Pfizer shot in a week. Keep us posted.

by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2021 2:31 PM

I had the Moderna vaccine and I have not heard the time after the Pfizer vaccine is any worse. I was fine for the first 12 hours after the vaccine and the second 12 hours I did not feel well - mostly muscle aches and feeling tired. I did work remotely the entire day. To be honest, it felt like being hung over. I woke up the second day and felt perfectly fine.

by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2021 2:32 PM

watch out for the Vicious Face-slaps!

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2021 2:33 PM

[quote]I must sew dissent over the virus.

R7 Before you SOW dissent, learn how to fucking spell, illiterate moron!

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2021 2:34 PM

Do you know how many people would like to be in this position?

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2021 2:34 PM

OP, loads of people have had the vaccine. They aren't dropping dead afterwards. You'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2021 2:36 PM

I have Pfizer #2 on Tuesday. Fortunately, I have nothing to do on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2021 2:37 PM

I got my second Pfizer on Friday. Other than a slight fever (99.1) and a minor headache, It's been fine.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2021 2:38 PM

don't forget to wear your earrings

and your Caftans!!

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2021 2:40 PM

Hydrate, sleep, it will last about 12 hours. I had a temp of 100, fatigue, feeling like crap, and a very odd tingling.

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2021 2:41 PM

Booze and pills.

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2021 2:42 PM

My 90 year old father whi is in a care home, received his second shot (Pfizer) two weeks ago and had no reaction.

by Anonymousreply 21February 14, 2021 2:49 PM

My spouse (a doctor) was sick after both--but much worse after second. Like a bad flu for 24 hours. Fine now. I haven't got mine yet. Apparently, having a reaction is a good thing--shows your immune system is kicking in.

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2021 2:50 PM

My mum and dad went to the local health dept back home at the same time to get their first vaccine doses. My mum got Moderna and my dad got Pfizer. Mum said after her 2nd dose, she felt as bad as she did when she had Covid. My dad just got his 2nd Pfizer and had no ill effects (he had also had Covid). I'm sure it varies by person, but I wonder if the Moderna is somehow stronger or more potent.

by Anonymousreply 23February 14, 2021 2:52 PM

R23 do they let you choose or just grab whatever is on hand?

by Anonymousreply 24February 14, 2021 3:02 PM

I got Moderna. I was actually snowed in at the hospital initially after my second dose because I was working overnight. I got the shot at about 6:30 in the morning, and felt fine until about 1AM. I started getting febrile, but made it through the rest of my shift. Ended up coming home and sleeping for about 16 hours.

by Anonymousreply 25February 14, 2021 3:06 PM

R24, no, they didn't get to choose. It was luck of the draw based on what the health dept had on hand.

by Anonymousreply 26February 14, 2021 3:09 PM

I have my 2nd Pfizer on Feb. 22.

First one, I woke up the next day feeling achey in my neck/upper back and got more fatigued as the day went on (kinda like you feel when the flu is coming on).

Next day I felt great. Unusually so.

by Anonymousreply 27February 14, 2021 3:19 PM

Did it have an effect on your sizemeat verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 28February 14, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote]I started getting febrile,

Boy, itā€™s a good thing you didnā€™t get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 29February 14, 2021 4:09 PM

Older people have a weaker immune system so their body usually doesn't react as strongly r21. The immune response is stronger in younger people, therefore younger people are more likely to feel side effects.

Anyway, the side effects just mean it is doing its job. Take some Tylenol If you get a fever and it will pass within 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 30February 14, 2021 4:15 PM

Eh, worst I've heard from anyone is a day being kinda achy and tired. You'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 31February 14, 2021 4:29 PM

I'm confused, R23. I thought if you have had the virus and recovered that you then have immunity and don't need to be vaccinated.

Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2021 4:51 PM

Faye has something to say:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 14, 2021 5:06 PM

R32, it is believed that immunity from the vaccine will be stronger than immunity from getting sick with COVID.

by Anonymousreply 34February 14, 2021 5:07 PM

My second shot was easier than the first! No worse than a flu shot.

by Anonymousreply 35February 14, 2021 5:09 PM

The last shot I got ( H1N1) almost made me faint, I barely got through the 15 minutes that they make you sit down and wait before you can leave. I am dreading any shot but given my situation I will probably be last on the list to get one. I will keep an eye out here to see what is happening.

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2021 5:13 PM

OP I understand your anxiety! Where I live Iā€™m not in the age demographic to get the shot, nor do I have an underlying medical condition. Iā€™m scared. What if they run out before someone my age is eligible? Iā€™m 25.

by Anonymousreply 37February 14, 2021 5:15 PM

Faye Dunaway as the Governor of California....well, that's certainly mind boggling.

by Anonymousreply 38February 14, 2021 5:18 PM

RIP OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 14, 2021 5:19 PM

I think it's a bad idea to alter your DNA and to take any pharmaceutical that hasn't been through rigorous safety trials. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 40February 14, 2021 5:25 PM

OP here. Thanks for all the non-smarmy comments. Will be going down to the Forum (LA) in two hours. Very grateful that I can get this shot, but still hearing all kinds of stories from those who had no reaction to those who felt terrible for two days.

No matter how terrible those two days might be, however, it's totally worth it. And yet I do know a number of people who are refusing to get vaccinated because they feel that vaccines are wrong, or that it's some form of government control, or that they want to wait a year to see what happens to the vaccinated, etc.

We live in a strange country.

by Anonymousreply 41February 14, 2021 5:29 PM

Thankfully other people aren't as dumb as of r40 or you might have died of smallpox.

by Anonymousreply 42February 14, 2021 5:31 PM

If you have had Covid, the resulting immunity from that is short lived. In some cases 3-6 months. So they still recommend getting the vaccine.

It is generally assumed that younger people have a more robust immune system and will often have a stronger reaction to the vaccine than older individuals, especially after the second booster shot. However immune systems differ even in people of the same age so it is reasonable to assume that two older individuals can have completely different reactions. Reaction to the vaccine is a good thing as it shows the vaccine is doing what it is supposed to do.

by Anonymousreply 43February 14, 2021 5:41 PM

Had my first Pfizer vacc last week. My arm still hurts. I've never had shot reactions in. the past. I dread the second shot. I had covid back in late Feb of last year. It was bad. Hoping the 2nd shot is not a repeat of that.

by Anonymousreply 44February 14, 2021 5:45 PM

We were both hit really hard during December & thought we might buy the farm . . . recovered very slowly, tested negative & had the first Moderna injection last Friday--knocked us out for a day (Saturday) Fever, chills, body aches, etc. + arm really sore. Over now but now looking forward to the next one :)

by Anonymousreply 45February 14, 2021 5:59 PM

I got me 2nd Moderna shot on Friday. Spent all day yesterday with body aches and a low grade fever. Woke up this morning (Sunday) feeling completely normal.

by Anonymousreply 46February 14, 2021 6:00 PM

The immune response from people who had covid really varies r23. People who had a very mild case typically have weak antibody levels. But we have seen the immune response is weaker than people who get the vaccine.

However there is strong evidence that people who have had covid probably only need one dose, not the normal two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 14, 2021 6:04 PM

R41: The vaccine "side effects" are actually your body's immune system mobilizing. So look forward to them knowing it means your antibodies and T-cells are proliferating, getting ready to protect you!

Also, congratulations! I'm jealous, but am thrilled for everyone that gets vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 48February 14, 2021 6:09 PM

r43, there is no data to suggest that any immunity conferred by the vaccination lasts longer than that from catching CV19. In fact, there is no data at all which gives a time frame for expected immunity from the vaccination. There have been at least a dozen accounts already reported of people who have been fully vaccinated, outside of the waiting period, and who have contracted CV19. None of the manufacturers have revealed what criteria excluded volunteers from trial participation nor the common data points of participants who dropped out because of side effects. No sex based data has been shared, either, despite double X chromosomes creating more robust immune systems in women. Additionally, we have no idea at all what the long term implications of mRNA delivery will do to human DNA.

In all likelihood, these vaccinations are going to compound the problem of spread. Those who get vaccinated are going to consider themselves invincible, stop masking, engage in risky behavior, expose countless others who would otherwise have been protected by both parties masking/distancing/staying in and lead to the biggest surge we've seen yet.

by Anonymousreply 49February 14, 2021 6:12 PM

[Quote]Additionally, we have no idea at all what the long term implications of mRNA delivery will do to human DNA.

Wait til you hear how much mRNA is already in your body! šŸ˜±

by Anonymousreply 50February 14, 2021 6:16 PM

[quote]There have been at least a dozen accounts already reported of people who have been fully vaccinated, outside of the waiting period, and who have contracted CV19.

12 cases out of 14.2 million U.S. citizens who've received both doses so far?

The vaccines are a disaster!

by Anonymousreply 51February 14, 2021 6:20 PM

[Quote]There have been at least a dozen accounts already reported of people who have been fully vaccinated, outside of the waiting period, and who have contracted CV19.

11 people who were vaccinated contracted Covid in the Moderna clinical trial. Similar numbers in Pfizer. We are vaccinating millions of people, and everybody knows some of them will still become positive with covid.

This is only surprisingly to people like you who are looking for a reason to attack vaccines and think they are supposed to be perfect r49.

by Anonymousreply 52February 14, 2021 6:21 PM

To add to r51, 12 cases out of 14.2 million is well within the efficacy stated.

by Anonymousreply 53February 14, 2021 6:22 PM

The vaccine is not necessarily designed to prevent you from ever getting COVID.

Itā€™s designed to minimize the effects of it so you wonā€™t be hospitalized and likely wonā€™t die.

by Anonymousreply 54February 14, 2021 6:23 PM

I envy all of you who have received wretched side effects and the vaccinations that caused them.

by Anonymousreply 55February 14, 2021 6:41 PM

OP, we will want updates every few hours. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 56February 14, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote]Faye Dunaway as the Governor of California....well, that's certainly mind boggling.

More mind-boggling than Arnold Schwarzenegger?

by Anonymousreply 57February 14, 2021 6:58 PM

Oh, poor you.

by Anonymousreply 58February 14, 2021 7:10 PM

Got my 2nd Pfizer last Thursday. No side effects at all.

Wouldn't even have known I received an inoculation. But of course I did.

by Anonymousreply 59February 14, 2021 9:43 PM

My 80-year-old father received his second vaccination (Pfizer) a couple of days ago, and so far, he has not experienced any side-effects.

by Anonymousreply 60February 14, 2021 9:57 PM

Only three months effectiveness? Pfizer can keep it. I want something that gives me a yearā€™s immunity, even it were a booster pill. Weā€™re focusing too deeply on the jab to adapt the vaccine into other, more accomplishable forms. Polio vaccines are sugar cubes, flu shots as nasal sprays.

by Anonymousreply 61February 14, 2021 10:13 PM

[quote]Sew dissent over the virus - sew Dissent over the virus - to get my daily pay šŸ’° I must sew dissent over the virus.

Jesus Christ! Three times?

by Anonymousreply 62February 14, 2021 10:17 PM

STILL WORRIED AND CONCERNED about my 83 year old mother getting the vaccine shots.... should i be?... i believe her shots will be the pfizer ones?....

by Anonymousreply 63February 14, 2021 10:30 PM

No one has an real data on how long the vaccines will be effective r61. We will find out.

Man, misinformation on the vaccines is rampant.

by Anonymousreply 64February 14, 2021 10:41 PM

Itā€™s a veritable cottage industry.

by Anonymousreply 65February 14, 2021 10:48 PM

Well I got the vaccine at noon and so far, nothing. My arm didn't even feel sore. So that's all good.

Interestingly, at the Forum in LA, there was no line at all. Just drove up, got the shot, waited 15 minutes, and left. Couldn't have been better organized or staffed -- with extremely polite people -- I asked one of them (who just happened to be a handsome guy) what he was doing and he said he was a dentist in Valencia and he was just volunteering to help out.

by Anonymousreply 66February 14, 2021 10:58 PM

I get my second Moderna puncture on 3/9. I've already decided 2 weeks after that I'm ditching the mask and switching to using the face shield only. I'll finally be able to breath and not have my glasses fogged up.

by Anonymousreply 67February 14, 2021 10:59 PM

Thanks for the update R66. I am getting my 2nd Wednesday. Chatting with one of people (CSUN) during the 15 minute waiting period. He too told me he was a volunteer. Impressed at how many stepped up to volunteer.

by Anonymousreply 68February 14, 2021 11:05 PM

it not like vaccines are a new thing. What is wrong with people? Save your life and save others.

by Anonymousreply 69February 14, 2021 11:05 PM

Small world r67. I am also getting Moderna #2 on March 9th.

by Anonymousreply 70February 14, 2021 11:09 PM

which vaccine is better? What is the scoop?

by Anonymousreply 71February 14, 2021 11:11 PM

Pfizer and Moderna use the same mRNA method and had nearly identical clinical trial results r71.

The "lesser vaccines" like Johnson and Johnson, Astrazeneca and Novavax will be coming later. Johnson and Johnson should get approved in America in a few weeks.

That said, those vaccines still offer major protection against serious covid.

by Anonymousreply 72February 14, 2021 11:16 PM

[quote] I'll finally be able to breath

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 73February 14, 2021 11:19 PM

Everyone will probably end up getting both types of vaccine (Moderns/pfizer and AZ/J&J/Novavax) in the long term, plus boosters to take into account new strains. It increasingly looks like that here in the UK anyhow.

We're going to be doing all of this for a while.

by Anonymousreply 74February 14, 2021 11:28 PM

[r74] is right

by Anonymousreply 75February 14, 2021 11:38 PM

Stowing sewing descents

by Anonymousreply 76February 14, 2021 11:43 PM

I'd be getting drunk if I were OP. Drink away the flu-y symptoms.

Are you doing that? Getting drunk?

by Anonymousreply 77February 15, 2021 2:21 AM

R51, you skipped the word ā€œreportedā€. You do know that 80% of people who catch Covid are asymptomatic (until their organs start failing) but fully contagious, right?

by Anonymousreply 78February 15, 2021 2:25 AM

r66 I had a similar experience at Fairplex in Pomona. All drive-through, extremely efficient and well-organized. I was vaccinated less than five minutes after I arrived, but then had to wait 15 minutes for observation. Everyone was very nice, professional, and efficient. I'm going Tuesday for the second shot.

by Anonymousreply 79February 15, 2021 2:59 AM

Vaccine will prevent severe symptoms but it will not keep you from catching Covid. Everyone please keep wearing your masks and practice social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 80February 15, 2021 3:42 AM

OP, report back tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 81February 15, 2021 4:22 AM

OP, my arm didn't start feeling tender at the injection site for about 6 hours. By the next morning my whole arm hurt when I moved it. That lasted 1 1/2 days then it went back to just being tender at the injection site for about 3 days. Also I developed a hard swelling underneath the skin at the injection site which also went away within 4 days. I had the Moderna vaccine. I don't know if the Phizer side effects are any different but I suspect not since I've read that both vaccines are pretty much the same makeup.

by Anonymousreply 82February 15, 2021 9:44 AM

Oh good God, forget my reply at R82. I just noticed you said this was your SECOND vaccine. I haven't had mine yet so I have no idea what to expect.

I do beg your pardon.

by Anonymousreply 83February 15, 2021 9:45 AM

What a weird thing to be jealous about, yet Iā€™m jealous AF!

OMG, I canā€™t wait to get my first one!!!

OP, how much? Or did your insurance cover it?

by Anonymousreply 84February 15, 2021 10:34 AM

The COVID vaccine is FREE! If you have insurance they will take your info and bill your insurance carrier who will pay for it in full. If you don't have insurance you still have to pay nothing.

Although, I have a couple of friends who are on Medicare who got their vaccinations a few weeks back. The wife told me they were never asked for the Medicare cards or any info about their insurance at all. Their vaccinations were done by the Emory Hospital in Atlanta at a former Kohls store building. When I got my shot I had to fill out a huge multipage form and give them my insurance card and drivers license a week before I got my puncture. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 85February 15, 2021 11:16 AM

Op are you dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 86February 15, 2021 12:25 PM

People who have COVID-19 are more likely to have symptoms after the first vaccination.

Everyone should continue to wear masks and social distance until everyone who wants a vaccine is able to get one. After that the bug chasing anti-vaxxers can enjoy their freedom to get ill.

by Anonymousreply 87February 15, 2021 12:25 PM

[quote] You do know that 80% of people who catch Covid are asymptomatic (until their organs start failing)

WTF are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 88February 15, 2021 12:29 PM

" I had the Moderna vaccine. I don't know if the Phizer side effects are any different but I suspect not since I've read that both vaccines are pretty much the same makeup."

The pharmacist who gave me the Pfizer shot said that the side effects of Moderna were more than those of Pfizer. Not significantly more, but noticeable.

by Anonymousreply 89February 15, 2021 12:32 PM

Moderna has less side effects.

by Anonymousreply 90February 15, 2021 12:34 PM

OP, please let us know youā€™re ok.

by Anonymousreply 91February 15, 2021 12:37 PM

The side effects reported were pretty similar r89, but it is a true that a little higher percentage of people in the Moderna clinical trial reported those side effects.

by Anonymousreply 92February 15, 2021 12:44 PM

See this pisses me off. OP is probably dead by now and R5 already called dibs on his stuff.

Dammit. Missed out again.

by Anonymousreply 93February 15, 2021 12:44 PM

I received my second dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday morning. I was fine until last night, when I had a low-grade fever and felt achy all over my body. This morning I just feel exhausted and still achy.

Better than getting COVID.

by Anonymousreply 94February 15, 2021 12:59 PM

Don't be such a sissy. What's the worst it could do to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 15, 2021 1:05 PM

I put in vacation from work for the day after my second dose.

by Anonymousreply 96February 15, 2021 1:14 PM

My 66yo brother got both Pfizer shots and had no side effects. He's in FL which makes me suspicious that it's fake. They've lied about every other Covid related issue.

I mean, these people don't believe in any of it, so why not make a mint by producing saline vaccine. Sen Rick Scott was fined 1.7 Billion dollars for Medicare fraud. He/They have no problem with amorality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 15, 2021 1:15 PM

Have your toes gone all necrotic yet?

by Anonymousreply 98February 15, 2021 1:17 PM

Itā€™s usually young people and those whoā€™ve had Covid before, who react strongly after both the first and second dose. A strong reaction is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 99February 15, 2021 1:25 PM

My nearly 81 year-old mother got her second shot on Friday. No side-effects at all aside from a slightly sore injection site.

by Anonymousreply 100February 15, 2021 1:41 PM

r93 Don't fret. All he had was an unopened box of condoms that expired in 1985 and the Ethel Merman disco album. So you didn't miss out on much.

by Anonymousreply 101February 15, 2021 1:58 PM

I'll gladly take the Ethel Merman disco album...if no one else wants it.

by Anonymousreply 102February 15, 2021 2:31 PM

OP here, and it's the next morning and well, no side effects at all. The arm is maybe a little sore, but barely noticeable.

All that worry for nothing. But then, that's probably the phrase that best sums up my entire life.

by Anonymousreply 103February 15, 2021 2:32 PM

R98, go and eat a raw steak like the good little cannibal you are.

Toe up trash, begging for food on DataLounge!

SMH

by Anonymousreply 104February 15, 2021 3:32 PM

The nurse who gave me my first Moderna shot told me they were seeing far more side effects in young people than old people, especially after the 2nd vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 105February 15, 2021 3:48 PM

Others have said above that could be because younger people have a stronger immune system.

The vaccine triggers your immune system to produce a response.

by Anonymousreply 106February 15, 2021 3:57 PM

Iā€™m jealous! Iā€™m 54 this year but I doubt Iā€™ll ever get one. I do want to get it though.

by Anonymousreply 107February 16, 2021 4:48 AM

An elderly friend in her 70s had her second shot of the Moderna. She was sick for 3 days. Headache, fever and cough. Didnā€™t phase her a bit.

by Anonymousreply 108February 16, 2021 5:16 AM

[quote] Didnā€™t phase her a bit.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 109February 16, 2021 12:52 PM

Iā€™m off for my second one today. I have a horrible migraine but afraid to take an aspirin/ibuprofen etc since I HEARD that pain relievers interfere with the jab. I hope I can survive the 2 hour drive.

by Anonymousreply 110February 16, 2021 1:06 PM

The side effects usually start about 12 hours after the jab. It usually starts with chills.

by Anonymousreply 111February 16, 2021 1:36 PM

You can take Tylenol after the shot. Stay away from booze before the shot and a couple of days afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 112February 16, 2021 2:13 PM

[quote] Iā€™m 54 this year but I doubt Iā€™ll ever get one.

54? Oh, honey, why even bother? Your life is OVAH as far as weā€™re concerned.

by Anonymousreply 113February 16, 2021 2:15 PM

R110 You shouldnā€™t take Ibuprofen as it might interfere with the (desired) reaction of the immune system. Tylenol is fine.

by Anonymousreply 114February 16, 2021 2:44 PM

I have shot #2 (Pfizer) this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 115February 16, 2021 3:03 PM

I just got the Moderna booster. I have a massive headache again. Did someone say Tylenol was OK or just suffer thru it.

by Anonymousreply 116February 16, 2021 8:04 PM

I got second Moderna this afternoon. Nurse said Tylenol is OK if I get fever. No reaction so far, but she said it commonly comes 12 hours later.

by Anonymousreply 117February 16, 2021 8:14 PM

I haven't received the vaccine yet, and I feel like shit today. If you have side effects (flu like symptoms), it means it is working.

by Anonymousreply 118February 16, 2021 8:20 PM

Good for you, OP.

Congrats.

by Anonymousreply 119February 16, 2021 8:21 PM

R114 is correct. Don't take an anti-inflammatory like Advil or aspirin, because the inflammatory response is part of immune system activation. Taking a simple analgesic like Tylenol is fine.

by Anonymousreply 120February 16, 2021 8:43 PM

And do not take Tylenol before you get your shot as a means to stop any negative side effects. Wait until after the shot and take only if needed.

by Anonymousreply 121February 16, 2021 9:20 PM

r115 here. Got Pfizer-2 this afternoon. So far, so good---just a little arm soreness. I'm linking to the flyer that LA County gives you after you get the vaccine. Some good information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 17, 2021 2:21 AM

Thanks for linking the information. I hope your symptoms are minimal. I get my second Pfizer dose on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 123February 17, 2021 2:25 AM

To those who have had, or will soon have, their second shot - are you inclined to hop on a plane and travel domestically (after the 10-14 day waiting period)?

by Anonymousreply 124February 17, 2021 2:42 AM

Iā€™m not planning to go anywhere anytime soon, R124. I will still mask-up and practice social distancing, and stay close to home.

Home by the way is in NYC. In my apartment building the super and a doorman both tested positive recently. One had COVID symptoms. I went downstairs today to get some packages that had been delivered and a doorman was spraying Lysol and wiping down the elevator buttons. He told me that someone who lives in the building and who has tested positive just went upstairs to his apartment.

Iā€™m thankful to get the vaccine but I donā€™t see it as a license to throw caution to the wind.

by Anonymousreply 125February 17, 2021 2:50 AM

r124 Nope. But I might consider driving 400+ miles to visit my aunt, who will turn 90 next month. (She's my last remaining relative, other than cousins.)

by Anonymousreply 126February 17, 2021 2:51 AM

Suck it up, buttercup.

by Anonymousreply 127February 17, 2021 2:53 AM

Where do all you people live that are getting the shots? My town just started taking online registration for appointments but everythingā€™s ā€œfully bookedā€ and Iā€™m ā€œmonths awayā€ from getting one. And Iā€™m over 60 with a medical condition (hypertension.)

Iā€™m getting sick of this shit. If I get COVID I just know my ass will end up on a ventilator in the ICU.

by Anonymousreply 128February 17, 2021 3:18 AM

[quote]There have been at least a dozen accounts already reported of people who have been fully vaccinated, outside of the waiting period, and who have contracted CV19.

Out of how many millions who didn't.

by Anonymousreply 129February 17, 2021 3:21 AM

My parents got their second shot Sunday. They were in bed with aches and pains and chills yesterday but completely better today. Huge relief.

by Anonymousreply 130February 17, 2021 3:28 AM

Hang in there, R128. The Biden admin is coordinating supply chains with governors now (Republican and Democrat, unlike Dump.) It will take time to ramp up production and distribution, but there will be a full court press once the logistics are established. Whereever you live, with your demographic you should get the vaccine by April or so, maybe earlier. Some localities are setting 60 as a lower bound for group #2, some 65.

Waiting sucks, especially now, but be proud that you've made it this far. Just double down on precautions until your turn comes.

by Anonymousreply 131February 17, 2021 3:38 AM

Iā€™m in NYC R128. I lucked out as my employee made arrangements with a hospital to get eligible employees vaccinated. There was a narrow window of opportunity in which to sign up as appointments were limited. I turned 65 a few months back and that put me in the eligible category.

by Anonymousreply 132February 17, 2021 3:38 AM

Thanks, R131 and R132.

I keep hearing about how URGENT it is to get everyone vaccinated ASAP but nothing is happening here. If itā€™s really so damn urgent why not deploy the military to set up mass vaccination locations instead of bumbling around and footdragging? Get it done and stop with the constant fear mongering already.

by Anonymousreply 133February 17, 2021 3:49 AM

They may deploy the military, R 133. I think the main issue is supply right now - a lot of places still aren't getting all the doses they expected. Biden's put in an order for 200 million more doses, but it takes time to produce them and get them transported & deployed.

If Trump had taken this seriously supplies would be greater and the protocols would be in place. There are a lot of moving parts involved in getting it right.

by Anonymousreply 134February 17, 2021 3:57 AM

OP here again. R124 -- Nope, life won't change for a while. I'm 95% immune but until others are also vaccinated I don't feel comfortable doing much more than I've been doing, which has been almost nothing. It does feel good to have it over with, though.

I am hearing from others that the Pfizer vax, which I got, tends to have less side effects than the Moderna one, although no one seems to know why. Again, I had zero side effects, not even a sore arm, which slightly worries me as several people have mentioned that a strong immune system should produce a strong reaction.

by Anonymousreply 135February 17, 2021 4:00 AM

My clinic has a list of people who can show up at the drop of a hat for a dose. Someone didn't show up today and my right arm is a little sore. Going back in a month for the second. I'm 58 with several medical issues and still several weeks away from my tier.

Good luck OP..

by Anonymousreply 136February 17, 2021 4:15 AM

There is a nano robot in the vaccine. Soon the government will be able to control you with an iphone

by Anonymousreply 137February 17, 2021 4:23 AM

Iā€™m young (31) and had a very strong reaction to the first dose of Moderna- 103.4-degree fever about 24 hours after the shot, among other things. I never got side effects from/reactions to anything before so am very nervous for the second dose, though I read that usually those who have a strong reaction to the first dose donā€™t have as much of a reaction to the second dose... I just donā€™t know what would happen to my body if my fever got any higher than that.

by Anonymousreply 138February 17, 2021 4:44 AM

R116 here. Headache gone after 2 hours. Just drank a cup of coffee. No pain killers. Still no after effects 24 hours later other than a bit of body ache and fatigue..... nothing a good nap with kitties wonā€™t fix. Thank you all for the Tylenol suggestion.

by Anonymousreply 139February 17, 2021 10:55 AM

Have you had covid r138? Your strong reaction to the first vaccine dose is indicative of someone who has had covid.

by Anonymousreply 140February 17, 2021 12:54 PM

R140 not as far as I know- I have been exposed at work several times and have tested negative every time, though Iā€™ve also never been tested for antibodies.

by Anonymousreply 141February 17, 2021 1:32 PM

I take an anti-inflammatory for arthritis every day. I listed that on the form I had to complete a week before I got my first dose of Moderna. No one said one thing to me about stopping that medication prior to or at any time after my first dose. I'm going to call them and see what they say as my second dose is coming up on 3/9. If I stop taking the medication I'll be okay for a few days but within a week I'll barely be able to get up out of a chair.

by Anonymousreply 142February 17, 2021 1:40 PM

I, too, have a bit of body ache and fatigue. 22 hours since 2nd Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 143February 17, 2021 3:41 PM

I had Covid late last year and expected to get knocked on my butt by the Moderna vaccine. I had my second dose this morning, but so far I haven't had much reaction at all from either dose, aside from a sore arm.

by Anonymousreply 144February 17, 2021 3:47 PM

The first and second doses are identical, in dosage and chemistry right? But the second essentially just strengthens the first? And that's why the symptoms are worse after the second dose?

by Anonymousreply 145February 17, 2021 4:54 PM

[quote]The first and second doses are identical, in dosage and chemistry right? But the second essentially just strengthens the first? And that's why the symptoms are worse after the second dose?

I saw an anecdote to explain this. With the first vaccination shot, your body is introduced to something it hasn't seen before, causing a reaction but not a full-out attack. With the second shot, your body responds with, "Oh, this is more than a one-off thing. I better set up the defenses."

by Anonymousreply 146February 17, 2021 5:00 PM

Excerpt from CNN article: "With the first dose, you are having to generate an immune response from the ground up," Worobey said. The body produces antibodies, but also starts to generate immune cells called B cells to make targeted antibodies. This takes time -- a process known as maturing. "You end up with a finely-tuned B-cell population," Worobey said.

"Then the second time you give a person the shot, those cells are sitting around like a clone army and can immediately start producing a very big immune response, which is what is happening when people feel like they have been kicked in the teeth."

by Anonymousreply 147February 17, 2021 5:14 PM

R146 and R147 so it's the same shot, same dosage. Got it. I was wondering if it were possible to get shots 1 and 2 mixed up, but if they're exactly the same, there should be no problems on that aspect.

by Anonymousreply 148February 17, 2021 5:29 PM

Shot 2 is simply a booster shot. I don't quite know what the ramifications would be if they gave it all to you in one injection, but I assume it would simply be more than the body could deal with. I hear tell they're working toward a new vaccine for the future that would just be one shot per year like the flu shot.

by Anonymousreply 149February 17, 2021 7:22 PM

I just got off the phone with a lady from the concern that arranged for my COVID vaccinations, about me taking pain medication for my arthritis. On my first call to her she said "yes, we've been told that you shouldn't take anti-inflammatories around the time of your vaccines". They said absolutely nothing about that when I initially signed up and none of their literature says one thing about it. She called their provider and the doctor there told her I should be okay, but to stop taking the pain meds a week before my 2nd vaccine and stay off it for a week after.

by Anonymousreply 150February 17, 2021 8:41 PM

I've had both injections of the Pfizer vaccine. I experienced fatigue that lasted three days and some injection site soreness after the first one. But after the second injection, it was a breeze! I just felt a bit tired the first day and very mild arm soreness. I'm in my fifties, and I didn't miss any days of work. OP might be worrying over nothing.

by Anonymousreply 151February 17, 2021 8:49 PM

So sorry, R142. It's good that you checked, but from your post upthread it sounds like 2 weeks off your anti-inflammatories will be difficult. Maybe you should research further to see if you can shorten the time non-NSAID time pre- and post- vaccination?

by Anonymousreply 152February 17, 2021 9:09 PM

Thanks R152. I told the lady on the phone that I would certainly do what they advised, but to not be surprised if by the time I get to the appointment for my second injection they may have to help me out of the car. šŸ¤£ I can usually see an increase in my arthritis pain after about 3 days of not taking the medication.

I've got a call in to my regular doctor back home (I'm riding out the pandemic at a summer house 200 miles away). I'll see what he has to say tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 153February 17, 2021 10:46 PM

R142, I did a quick search and it seems the NSAID advice is evolving - now some sources are saying don't take them before your shot, but it's okay to take them after. If your regular doc isn't on top of breaking COVID developments, maybe ask him to research for you?

by Anonymousreply 154February 17, 2021 11:02 PM

I will R154. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 155February 17, 2021 11:11 PM

Thanks to everyone who has shared, and continues to share, their experiences.

by Anonymousreply 156February 18, 2021 12:08 AM

Got my second yesterday. Pfizer. Mild arm soreness. No worse than a flu or tetanus shot. Took 2 Advil before I went to bed last night. Feel fine today. Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 157February 18, 2021 2:27 PM

A PA from my doctor's office back home just called and told me that I can resume my arthritis meds 2 days after I get the 2nd vaccination, but definitely to stop taking it one week before my appointment.

I may not be moving around much, but I'll survive.

by Anonymousreply 158February 18, 2021 4:57 PM

Still no vaccine for me......there are 2 vaccine sites for 7.7 million people. I have never seen one of those sites with anything next to them except ā€œNo Appointments Avaialable.ā€

But donā€™t worry...theyā€™ve decided to make EVEN MORE people eligible despite not having vaccinated even a tiny fraction of those who are over 65.

by Anonymousreply 159February 18, 2021 5:26 PM

My son had both Pfizer vaccines. Nothing but a sore arm. My husband had both Moderna vaccines. Sore arm and tiredness.

by Anonymousreply 160February 18, 2021 5:27 PM

When I read the paperwork, it said to take Tylenol etc if you need it but not to dose proactively.

My mom (94) was tired after her second shot Sunday and that was all she experienced. Like I mentioned before, she's a tough old bird. On the other hand, my friend had 3 days of side effects from the first dose and now she claims that she won't get the second one.

by Anonymousreply 161February 18, 2021 5:37 PM

R159, I donā€™t know what the problem is. I got mine.

by Anonymousreply 162February 18, 2021 10:00 PM

Yeah, me too.

by Anonymousreply 163February 18, 2021 10:00 PM

I was told to avoid taking Advil (after the shot for any aches and pains) and stick to Tylenol.

by Anonymousreply 164February 18, 2021 10:59 PM

The CDC has published new data listing the most common side effects Americans reported after receiving shots of Pfizerā€™s or Modernaā€™s Covid-19 vaccines.

The most common side effects after getting the vaccines were headache, fatigue and dizziness, followed by chills and nausea. The CDC said people also reported muscle aches, fever, joint pain and pain at the injection site. The median age of vaccine recipients was 42 and the majority of adverse events occurred in women.

by Anonymousreply 165February 19, 2021 7:55 PM

I had my second Pfizer shot yesterday and it knocked me on my ass.

Pain at the injection site, a terrible headache, chills and body aches. I feel like I have the flu.

by Anonymousreply 166February 23, 2021 3:42 PM

I am trepidatious about the whole thing.

I just need to convince myself that any bad reactions won't lead to worse. It's the reports of fevers and vomiting that concern me. People can choke from emesis.

by Anonymousreply 167February 23, 2021 4:16 PM

MARY r167. Pop a Tylenol if needed and you will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 168February 23, 2021 4:25 PM

Hey R167 -- OP here again and, again, I had no reactions whatsoever to the vaccine (Pfizer). We hear far more about those who had reactions than those that didn't because, well, there's not much drama in having no reaction, and drama is what makes for a story. Relax and expect you may feel perfectly fine after your shots.

by Anonymousreply 169February 23, 2021 4:30 PM

While I get your sentiment 169, I don't think telling me they will no reaction is the best plan of attack. It's about having people not be scared about having a reaction to the vaccine. That it is normal and you will be okay.

by Anonymousreply 170February 23, 2021 4:39 PM

Excuse me for bring the drama R169.

I didnā€™t post for sympathy, I posted to let people know that talk of a reaction to the second shot in particular is not just talk.

I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Oh and R169, go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 171February 23, 2021 4:51 PM

R171 I was only trying to make the point that while reactions are common, equally or more common is no reaction. We are just more likely to hear about the severe reactions than the others.

I do appreciate your telling me to go fuck myself though. I will try to do that sometime this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 172February 23, 2021 5:46 PM

I didnā€™t have a reaction to 2nd Pfizer shot, aside from a sore arm.

Itā€™s been 5 days.

by Anonymousreply 173February 23, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote]OP here again and, again, I had no reactions whatsoever to the vaccine (Pfizer).

Hmmm, side effects can indicate that your body is reacting to the vaccine and developing antibodies. Maybe your lack of side effects means that you are one of the few for which it isn't going to work.

by Anonymousreply 174February 23, 2021 6:05 PM

My husband's had both shots and aside from a little soreness both times at the injection site, it hasn't been an issue at all.

by Anonymousreply 175February 23, 2021 6:38 PM

I had Pfizer-2 a week ago, and no problems other than soreness at the injection site for a couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 176February 23, 2021 6:50 PM

my friend who had COVID in December just completed his two shots and had terrible reactions to both. he's old, sickly and in bad health,but a real trooper

by Anonymousreply 177February 23, 2021 6:53 PM

My sister had her second on Friday and was paranoid about getting sick. She felt nothing. So I think it depends on how your immune system is.

by Anonymousreply 178February 23, 2021 7:20 PM

Again, go fuck yourself OP. Youā€™re a piece of shit for calling those out who have had reactions when your original post is the original drama queen MARY! post.

by Anonymousreply 179February 24, 2021 4:15 PM

R179 -- perhaps your shots have given you extreme anger issues rather than side effects. Have you considered any anger management courses?

by Anonymousreply 180February 24, 2021 4:24 PM

A reaction means your immune system is doing its job. Stop fear mongering. It's better than dying, right?

by Anonymousreply 181February 24, 2021 5:06 PM

I had the Pfizer first shot last week. I had a cold at the time (stuffy nose and cough) and my primary told me to NOT cancel and get the vaccine since I had no fever. It was a rough 3 days after and my guess is because I went in with a compromised immune system but I finally recovered. Hopefully the second dose won't be so dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 182February 24, 2021 5:16 PM

I'm getting my first on friday

by Anonymousreply 183February 24, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote] Hopefully the second dose won't be so dramatic.

Girl, who you trying to fool?

You love the drama!

by Anonymousreply 184February 24, 2021 6:52 PM

I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine yesterday (YAY!) and no side effects. I hope that means it is still effective, I wouldn't have known I even had a shot if it weren't for the band aid on my arm.

by Anonymousreply 185April 3, 2021 12:47 AM

How many of these threads do we have? Fuck it. Take the vaccine or don't take it but these pussy "What should I expect" threads are ridiculous. Ask your doctor. Google info about reactions. I've had both, had a few reactions, so the fuck what?

by Anonymousreply 186April 3, 2021 1:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!