Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dark Shadows' Christopher Pennock Is DEAD TO ME!

I see from a search that he's been mentioned many a time on DL for his work on "Dark Shadows". He looks pretty dreamy. RIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2021 11:00 PM

Announcement of his arrival on DS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 13, 2021 9:25 PM

Never heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 2February 13, 2021 9:37 PM

R1 Chris Bernau played Phillip Spaulding (the wonderful Grant Aleksander) 's adoptive father on Guiding Light, and years later his old DS co-star Chris Pennock played Phillip's birth father, Justin Marler.

by Anonymousreply 3February 13, 2021 9:43 PM

R3 But sadly, I think Chris P came on after Chris Bernau left and near the time he died.

by Anonymousreply 4February 13, 2021 9:45 PM

His first character on DS was Jeb Hawkes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 13, 2021 9:46 PM

He was very much still a '70s type of guy, big into Buddhism and environmentalism and he DESPISED Trump. I'm glad he at least got to see Trump leave office.

by Anonymousreply 6February 13, 2021 9:47 PM

He clearly didn't take himself too seriously, his Twitter handle was ButtockPennock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 13, 2021 9:54 PM

Used to watch him all the time on Dark Shadows when it originally aired years ago!

by Anonymousreply 8February 13, 2021 9:56 PM

One of the family?

by Anonymousreply 9February 13, 2021 9:58 PM

R9 No. He had a wife and one child.

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2021 10:02 PM

Diana Millay who played the first big, bad villain on Dark Shadows, a fiery Phoenix, also just recently passed away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2021 10:07 PM

I love watching him on Dark Shadows. He played a great villain. I loved him as Jeb Hawkes, hateful Gabriel Collins, Sebastian Shaw, and especially John Yaeger who I think was perhaps the most depraved, sleazy character on the entire show. He did a good job with every character he played.

I was also a friend of his on Facebook and he was hilarious and always kept things interesting and entertaining. He hated Trump with a passion and always stood up for what was right. I am very sorry to see him go.

by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2021 10:07 PM

Denise Nickerson and John Karlen also died within the last year. They're dropping like flies.

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2021 10:51 PM

Someone protect Kate Jackson!

We can't lose more of the Dark Shadows cast or another Charlie's Angel.

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2021 11:55 PM

R13 Ben Cross (Barnabas from the 1991 Revival series) also died last August. And Robert Cobert (who composed the music for the show) died last February. The Dark Shadows fanbase has had to do a lot of grieving the past couple years.

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2021 3:30 AM

I only saw him on GH back in the 70’s . He was hot back in the day!

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2021 4:55 AM

R10 Yeah, he and his wife used to live up the block from parents in Santa Monica. They'd walk their baby in the carriage on the weekends and would always talk to my dad if he were out working on the lawn.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2021 9:43 PM

Back in the late 70s he played Senator Mitch Williams on General Hospital. Jane Elliott’s Tracy Quartermaine was his campaign manager and she was totally hot and bothered by him and he would keep her at arms length - they were very funny together. She had a funny way she would screw her mouth up and say”Mitch.” Too bad - such a handsome man - that takes me back to JR High!

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2021 10:50 PM

[quote] I only saw him on GH back in the 70’s

I thought r10 said he had a wife!

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2021 10:59 PM

Aw, that’s a shame.

He was fantastic as Superman, but once he had that horse riding accident his life wasn’t the same.

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2021 11:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!