Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FUKUSHIMA 2021: Japan rattled by powerful earthquake near site of destroyed nuclear reactor

Here we go again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 12, 2021 2:27 AM

The radiation has never been fully contained, has it? They would not tell anyone if it is damaged again. At least no tusumi is predicted.

by Anonymousreply 1February 13, 2021 4:47 PM

Next month will be ten years. These events appear to cyclical.

by Anonymousreply 2February 13, 2021 4:48 PM

Massive cover-up with little news coverage over the past ten years.

by Anonymousreply 3February 13, 2021 4:51 PM

My former neurologist no longer eats seafood if any kind. He said the radiation from Fukushima reached out waters a few years ago. He recommended supplements instead.

by Anonymousreply 4February 13, 2021 4:52 PM

Of any kind, sorry. Our, not out.

by Anonymousreply 5February 13, 2021 4:53 PM

I switched from fish oil to flaxseed oil because of Fukushima.

by Anonymousreply 6February 13, 2021 4:54 PM

I watched videos of the tsunami last week, no way a backwards country like America could pull together and rally during a crisis like the tsunami the Japanese endured.

They had 15 minutes to reach higher ground.

by Anonymousreply 7February 13, 2021 4:54 PM

R6-What amount do you take, if you don't mind telling me.

by Anonymousreply 8February 13, 2021 4:56 PM

[quote] I watched videos of the tsunami last week, no way a backwards country like America could pull together and rally during a crisis like the tsunami the Japanese endured.

Yes, America is not capable of sending homeless men and men indebted to the yakuza into a ravaged area to do lethal recovery work. Nor are we capable of discriminating against refugees from one region of our country and refusing them shelter or aid because we perceive them to be tainted. Those Japanese have everything figured out! If only we could be as efficient as them.

by Anonymousreply 9February 13, 2021 4:57 PM

R6 We couldn't put our damn phones down long enough to react.

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2021 4:57 PM

Make whatever jokes you like, R9, they take shit seriously and get shit done! Just compare their COVID rates to ours.

by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2021 5:00 PM

[quote].At least no tusumi is predicted.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2021 5:02 PM

Those are not jokes. Those are facts. Americans generally know jack shit about Japan, as the shallow praise in this thread illustrates.

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2021 5:03 PM

The shocking thing is many were killed in emergency centers back in 11, the tsunami washed the centers away.

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2021 5:06 PM

Fuck You, Shima!

by Anonymousreply 15February 13, 2021 5:08 PM

Back in 2011, people were told to use potassium iodine to ward off radiation poisoning, that advice being anecdotal at the time.

by Anonymousreply 16February 13, 2021 5:32 PM

Olympics this year?

Please.

by Anonymousreply 17February 13, 2021 5:37 PM

Godzilla will be stomping around Tokyo before the Olympics there happen.

by Anonymousreply 18February 13, 2021 5:39 PM

[quote] Nor are we capable of discriminating against refugees from one region of our country and refusing them shelter or aid because we perceive them to be tainted

R9, not “tainted” — undesirable. It’s not a hard concept.

When a country functions well, it listens to its citizens and executes the policies the people say they want. The Japanese want to remain as homogenous a country as possible. I’m fine with their choice.

I’m not neocolonial Western capital or media.

by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2021 5:42 PM

[R9], not “tainted” — undesirable. It’s not a hard concept.

My apologies. The "undesirable" people of Fukushima were not called "tainted." They were called "contaminated." How charming you are ok with that. The Japanese did the same thing in the 50s and 60s against Hiroshima natives. It is their choice to shun people with certain addresses. How admirable.

Or perhaps you are confusing their policy against mass immigration with their treatment of their own citizens?

by Anonymousreply 20February 13, 2021 5:49 PM

More evidence of a well-functioning country:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 13, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote] Back in 2011, people were told to use potassium iodine to ward off radiation poisoning, that advice being anecdotal at the time.

So you’re saying it was the hydroxychlorquine of its time.

by Anonymousreply 22February 13, 2021 5:54 PM

Ooooh, and I can't wait for the Olympics to start.

by Anonymousreply 23February 13, 2021 6:03 PM

Just covering my own derrière here, R22.

by Anonymousreply 24February 13, 2021 6:12 PM

Hot Olympic athletes, please avoid the Olympics this year. Your bodies are too hot to lose.

by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2021 6:59 PM

Have there been any updates about the reactor?

by Anonymousreply 26February 13, 2021 8:03 PM

r8 -- NatureMade brand Flaxseed Oil.

1400 mg (700 mg of which is Omega-3, per the label)

2X daily.

by Anonymousreply 27February 13, 2021 8:21 PM

During the earthquake while the ground and buildings are shaking violently, this business owner told his employees to move to higher ground before the tsunami hits.

20 minutes later he is sobbing as the town is washed away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2021 9:28 PM

R8- Thank you. I love seafood, especially salmon, but I rarely buy it because of this. Also because I do not trust the FDA since, well you know. The last four years. Shhhh! Don't say it's name, lol. The pollution if our oceans is another factor. But I miss seafood!

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2021 9:37 PM

I don’t know why you grumpy Guses are so down on the Olympics. I say bring it on!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 13, 2021 9:52 PM

the statistically likelihood this happened naturally is low. They are probably fracking, pumping some shit into the ground, or something crazy and dangerous? Find out what the fuck they are doing there a BAN IT.

These governments HATE their own people. How many deaths are they continue to cause of people and animals? It's sick. They are going to have to help all these people (and animals) now, and they are already dealing with the Pandemic.

Much Love to the Japanese people. They have such a rich and beautiful culture too.

by Anonymousreply 31February 13, 2021 10:25 PM

[quote]Have there been any updates about the reactor?

"Early Sunday morning, Tepco said it had found that water in some of the pools that store spent nuclear fuel rods had splashed onto the pool decks inside the reactors at both the Dai-ichi plant where the meltdowns occurred in 2011, and at the Dai-ni plant nearby. But Tepco said no water had leaked outside the reactors.

Tepco also reported that there had been some small leaks from a tank filled with contaminated water stored on the Dai-ichi site but that the leak had been contained within a small area"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2021 1:21 AM

Wasn't even on the news.

by Anonymousreply 33February 14, 2021 5:05 PM

Big money demands that the virus Olympics be held this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 14, 2021 6:00 PM

Japan earthquake sparks leak at Fukushima nuclear power plant.

Japan was on Saturday rocked by an earthquake. It has been reported that this has led to a nuclear fuel spill at Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power plant, although no one has been harmed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 14, 2021 10:34 PM

I have not bought any japanese agriculture products since Fukushima and I don't think I will ever buy them again.

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2021 10:51 PM

This really pisses me off. I’m a pescatarian, and fly to Alaska every summer to catch my fish for the year. I’m sick of assholes poisoning the sea.

by Anonymousreply 37February 14, 2021 10:54 PM

I haven't had raw fish in over a decade. The waters are way too polluted.

by Anonymousreply 38February 14, 2021 10:56 PM

Is the reactor just sealed in there slowly leaking radiation?

by Anonymousreply 39February 14, 2021 11:54 PM

I remember there was a storm of some kind recently and bags of the toxic shit washed away as well, they recovered some but not all.

by Anonymousreply 40February 14, 2021 11:57 PM

R37 I'm so confused, is Japan near Alaska? I thought Japan was really far away- like near India. Of course, I'm not sure where India is. Wherever it is, both of their food gives me the shits.

by Anonymousreply 41February 15, 2021 12:01 AM

R37 It was the radiation that gave you the shits.. Next time, shit in the dark and it should glow.

by Anonymousreply 42February 15, 2021 12:03 AM

i'm surprised people in Asia are still eating raw fish and they are always posting on social media about eating uni (sea urchin)...gross!

by Anonymousreply 43February 15, 2021 12:07 AM

I just don’t think eating fish is a wise move anymore for anybody. Especially if it comes from the pacific. Leave what’s there for the large mammals and fish who need it.

by Anonymousreply 44February 15, 2021 12:11 AM

I avoid pacific ocean fish as I believe it is so much more polluted than they are letting on. They need to keep making money even if people glow in the dark. Like they have to hold the Olympics in Tokyo or it will hurt their 'brand' and all the money invested will go down the shitter. This is supposed to matter? The Olympic committee obviously has such integrity they can't say no to their own money making interests.

by Anonymousreply 45February 15, 2021 12:25 AM

Don't trust seafood. Or antibiotic-filled beef, pork, chicken. Or hybrid vegetables. Let's face it We're fucked Eat what you like.

by Anonymousreply 46February 15, 2021 4:11 AM

R41, the contaminants from the Japanese leak have been found in Alaska. Sad, because it used to be the best source of fresh uncontaminated seafood in the US.

by Anonymousreply 47February 15, 2021 4:37 AM

Poor Japan -- they can't catch a break.

by Anonymousreply 48February 15, 2021 4:50 AM

Sometimes, I wonder if these are corrections. I read last year that Tepco put in a request to release treated coolant waste. The earthquake will hopefully return focus to that 1,000 year problem.

Also, just before the quake, an Olympic chair dropped a sexist turd into the mix and it looks like the August Olympics may not happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 15, 2021 5:12 AM

[quote] it looks like the August Olympics may not happen.

I'm betting those Olympics are happening no matter if only a fraction of the world's athletes attend and there are only robots in the stands.

No way in hell is Japan canceling twice with all that money spent on infrastructure and letting China be the next Olympic host (Winter 2022).

by Anonymousreply 50February 15, 2021 5:21 AM

There’s this weird American quasi-cultist on YouTube desperately defending Japan in relation to Fukushima, saying nothing really bad happened and everything is fine. Fucking psycho.

by Anonymousreply 51February 15, 2021 5:23 AM

They have a cultish conservative political cartel running the country. Of course nothing’s getting better: their leaders don’t care about ordinary people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 15, 2021 5:25 AM

Yep .Here we go again....

Radioactive Water Spills Out From Fukushima Pools With Nuclear Waste Due to Earthquake in Japan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 16, 2021 6:04 AM

We will never be able to enjoy eating seafood again and that truly pisses me off. The damage to the planet. Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 54February 16, 2021 3:29 PM

yes. very sad. I guess only farmed fish from now on but I heard bad things about them...not so sure. I've cut back a lot on fish.

by Anonymousreply 55February 16, 2021 3:45 PM

ABCWorldNews.- Cooling water levels have fallen in two reactors at the wrecked Fukushima nuclear plant since a powerful earthquake hit the area last weekend, indicating possible additional damage, its operator said Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 19, 2021 10:16 PM

A toxic source of energy.

by Anonymousreply 57February 19, 2021 11:08 PM

Any more news about this most recent quake?

by Anonymousreply 58February 20, 2021 5:12 AM

"New damage at the Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant? Pressure inside a reactor containment vessel has dropped, possibly due to a recent earthquake. Tepco injects nitrogen in the vessel to raise pressure and reduce risk of hydrogen explosion"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 22, 2021 6:55 AM

Those currents.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 24, 2021 8:00 AM

[quote]the statistically likelihood this happened naturally is low. They are probably fracking, pumping some shit into the ground, or something crazy and dangerous? Find out what the fuck they are doing there a BAN IT.

The fucking stupidity it takes to write this crap is monumental. An earthquake? The likelihood of an earthquake in Japan is "naturally low"? Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 24, 2021 8:16 AM

Life in Japan is apparently unbearable for many Japanese, leading to one of the world's highest suicide rates.

Sadly, the suicide for women has risen 25% during the pandemic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 24, 2021 8:29 AM

"New highly ra­dio­act­ive particles found in Fukushima"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 27, 2021 8:29 PM

This is what you get when a cult runs a country: disaster. R50. Like America under Trump. Their nuclear fallout is our corona.

by Anonymousreply 64February 27, 2021 8:38 PM

R52 rather

by Anonymousreply 65February 27, 2021 8:45 PM

Ten years ago...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 12, 2021 2:09 AM

Deep anxiety remains in Japan over nuclear power. Of the country’s more than 50 nuclear reactors, all of which were shut down after the Fukushima disaster, only nine have restarted. The issue continues to be politically fraught.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 12, 2021 2:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!