Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michelle Pfeiffer in "French Exit" gets rave review from NYTimes

The film itself isn't getting great reviews, but Pfeiffer herself certainly is.

Does she stand a chance at an Oscar this year? There's a genuine sentiment that two is enough for Frances McDormand, and that Ma Rainey is not big enough of a part to warrant Viola Davis a lead Oscar. Pfeiffer is probably right after Glenn Close as the actress the Academy thinks is most overdue an Oscar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2021 9:48 PM

I've always half-jokingly hated her kids for her career hiatus. She could've afforded the best nannies.

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2021 5:49 AM

I hope they give it to her before she gets another face-lift. Any tighter and she won't be able to make any facial expressions at all.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2021 5:59 AM

She should have been nominated for Catwoman.

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2021 6:11 AM

The portion of her face that struggles to emote truly is an inspiration to us all.

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2021 6:23 AM

I'm here for it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2021 6:25 AM

Any of you geniuses know how to watch it now? There's someone on here that's great at getting pre-release peeks.

by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2021 10:44 PM

I read the book, I can’t believe they made a movie out of it.

by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2021 10:47 PM

I saw it last year but I can't remember how. I liked it; I didn't love it. I thought the ending didn't really fit with the tone of the first two-thirds of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2021 10:50 PM

That’s how the book was r8, I felt like the writer gave or ran out of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2021 11:03 PM

[quote]She should have been nominated for Catwoman.

Viral behind-the-scenes video of Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman is sheer purrfection:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2021 7:22 PM

Pfeiffer stopped paying her dues. I doubt the academy is itching to give her an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2021 7:27 PM

The ending of the book is kinda odd too. Not a great story - but she could pull off the main role perfectly. It’s a great role - no matter how the movie turns out.

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2021 8:06 PM

Is this the movie where she plays a rich bitch and Lucas Hedges plays her son? I wasn't convinced by the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2021 8:11 PM

Is this another Michelle Pfieffer movie Lucas won't watch?

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2021 8:13 PM

Is the French Exit anything like the Irish Goodbye?

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2021 8:17 PM

R15 it’s more akin to a Cleveland Steamer

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2021 9:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!