Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Live-action Powerpuff Girls series that sees the girls as adults who resent their crime-fighting childhoods, ordered by the CW

The CW has ordered a pilot for a live-action Powerpuff Girls series.

This series, which was in development as of last August, will center on the girls who are now disillusioned twenty-something-year-olds who resent that they lost their childhood to years of fighting crime, according to Variety. The series will answer the question of whether or not the former team reunites once more when their crime-fighting skills are needed again.

This series comes by way of writers and executive producers, Heather Regnier and Diablo Cody, with the latter executive producing under the banner of Vita Vera Films. Regnier worked on the recent Veronica Mars revival, iZombie, and Sleepy Hollow while Cody is best known for writing Juno and working on Jennifer's Body and Young Adult.

Greg Berlanti, David Madden, and Sarah Schechter will executive produce the show under the Berlanti Productions banner. Erika Kennair and Warner Bros. Television will produce the show.

The Powerpuff Girls ran for six seasons for a total of 78 episodes between 1998 and 2005. The original animated series was created by Craig McCracken for Cartoon Network and centered around three superhero crimefighters by the names of Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup. These girls were created when Professor Utonium combined "sugar, spice, and everything nice with the mysterious Chemical X," as the show's intro reminded you with every episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11Last Monday at 6:01 PM

This is just going to be very disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 102/09/2021

I heard the green one will be transitioning to a man.

by Anonymousreply 202/09/2021

Yay more pandering to millennial nostagia addicts and Zoomers who romanticize that period of time.

I grew up in this era of the late 90s/early 2000s. It was fun but also the start of the decline of America. I think people need to move on.

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2021

Meh. I'd rather see a live action Sailor Moon movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402/09/2021

Can't wait to see what they do with Him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502/09/2021

Ariel Winter and Shai Jackson have been casted.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Monday at 9:15 AM

[quote] I heard the green one will be transitioning to a man.

It doesn't count unless he also is transitioning to Blackness, like I did.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Monday at 9:16 AM

If there's one thing that draws me to a show, it's that it stars twentysomethings who are full of resentment and feel put upon.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Monday at 10:20 AM

It was right in front of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9Last Monday at 5:57 PM

This thread will end in TEARS!

by Anonymousreply 10Last Monday at 5:59 PM

R1 sums it up well.

[quote]This is just going to be very disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Monday at 6:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!