Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Aaron Rogers doubles down with "bombshell" announcement!

Aaron Rodgers is officially your 2020-21 NFL MVP, and it appears that wasn’t the only hardware he landed this season.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback was announced as the league’s MVP during Saturday night’s NFL awards show, aired from SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. Rodgers accepted the award via a remotely taped speech, and it was there he seemed to drop the bombshell news that he’s engaged.

Making the news even more shocking was that Rodgers was reported to be dating actress Shailene Woodley only three days earlier. It’s not even confirmed the engagement in question is to Woodley, as Rodgers didn’t mention the name of his fiancée:

In total, Rodgers made two off-hand mentions of his engagement. The first came as he reeled off the season’s events.

[quote] “2020 was definitely a crazy year, filled with lots of change, growth, some amazing memorable moments. 180 straight days of having my nose hairs scraped. Playing for very little fans or no stands the entire season. I got engaged, and I played some of the best football of my career.”

The second came as he thanked his off-field support system, going out of his way to mention his fiancée last after a lengthy list of other names:

[quote] “I’d like to thank my team off the field, Ryan, Tommy, Len and Rebecca, Adam, Oliver and Emil, Debbie, Jodie Foster ... Torpedo, Joey, A.J., Pat, all the boys there, my fiancée. They only gave me a minute to do this, so I’ve got to wrap this up real quick.”

Rodgers was previously dating former NASCAR driver Danica Patrick, but that relationship reportedly ended last July after two years together. Before that, he was in a relationship with actress Olivia Munn.

The existence of Rodgers’ relationship with Woodley, 29, was first reported Wednesday. Woodley — best known for her appearances in “The Fault in Our Stars,” the “Divergent” series and HBO’s “Big Little Lies” — also got out of a years-long relationship last year, splitting up with New Zealand rugby player Ben Volavola.

It’s unclear how long the two have been dating. One source characterized the romance to Yahoo Entertainment as “private and low-key” with both still focused on their careers:

[quote] “It’s relatively new,” one source said. “Who knows how serious it will get.”

Apparently, it is quite serious, or this is all part of some elaborate joke from the notoriously mischievous Rodgers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2021 1:19 PM

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 1February 7, 2021 6:45 PM

There's already a thread

by Anonymousreply 2February 7, 2021 6:46 PM

Maybe he's announcing his engagement to Kevin Lanfleazy?

by Anonymousreply 3February 7, 2021 6:51 PM

He's trolling the trolls. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 4February 7, 2021 8:50 PM

So now Shailene is trying to vamp it up, to explain why Aaron is so gaga for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2021 2:39 AM

Are there nude photos of Aaron? I found only found one reference to him in the DL search which is hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2021 2:48 AM

Drop the 'e' and the shirt reads: Butt Strong!

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2021 3:53 AM

I know many lesbians in Los Angeles and they've always said that Shai is a lesbian???? Very confused by this engagement announcement. I feel like she's dated several of my friends over the past 5 or so years. I could be wrong. All of my comment is allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 8February 16, 2021 4:37 AM

He thanked Jodie Foster?! Why, for hooking him up with a nice lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 9February 16, 2021 4:43 AM

R8 What’s to be confused about? They’ve both been dogged by rumors about their sexuality. Put two and two together.

by Anonymousreply 10February 16, 2021 4:43 AM

Weird that he just calls her "my fiancee" without saying her name....did he forget her name for a sec?

by Anonymousreply 11February 16, 2021 4:46 AM

Riveting. Not.

by Anonymousreply 12February 16, 2021 4:51 AM

This all reminds me of the Cory Booker saga. This will not go away though, anymore than all the hoopla around Le Cockgobbler has gone anywhere...and it won’t either...until either “man” does the manly thing: be honest about who you are. Unless you’re enjoying all this crapola.

by Anonymousreply 13February 16, 2021 4:55 AM

Imagine if after all this he is actually straight and you queens have been micro analysing bullshit. Like Armie Hammer whom you lot have spent years claiming he was actually in love with Tim o tay, and his wife was a beard. When actually he is a piggy Dom STRAIGHT guy into fucked up shit with WOMEN.

by Anonymousreply 14February 16, 2021 4:56 AM

Unless you know who Kevin Lanflisi is without googling, R14, you should really just revel in being a newbie to this topic. I’m not saying you couldn’t be correct, but you’re kind of like the Trumptard who wonders how Hair Furor manages to “stay so tanned year round.” At the end of the day, it’s still a harmless pastime....unless you’re one of the fraus here who insists everyone in Hollywood is straight, and “there are no geigh movie stars,”.

by Anonymousreply 15February 16, 2021 5:05 AM

I think R4 could be correct.

by Anonymousreply 16February 16, 2021 5:07 AM

r15 Honey, I was here. I remember the Super Bowl ring photos. I remember Kevin's emo poems and shock marriage to a woman after going all religious . I understand the strong gay rumours. Im simply saying it would be funny if they were exactly that, rumours. And that he is in fact straight.

by Anonymousreply 17February 16, 2021 5:21 AM

Fairly certain Shailene is into girls.

by Anonymousreply 18February 16, 2021 5:28 AM

Whatevs, R17, there’s waaay too much smoke there to be no fire. AR is not straight. He may not be gay, but he sure AF ain’t straight.

by Anonymousreply 19February 16, 2021 5:30 AM

These two people seem ridiculous. And no matter what she wears or how much make up she has on Woodley is one homely person. Not sexy at all.

by Anonymousreply 20February 16, 2021 5:43 AM

I’ve known Aaron for many years now. He is a major poosey hound just like me. We’ve had contests on how much poosey we can score in weekend, in one night, and now in a pandemic. He’s quite the lover.....so I’m told that is. We both love the gays and the rumors were funny for awhile, but my buddy is about to be made a honest man, the love of his life has been found. Please knock it off and join me in celebrating a love, a heterosexual love unlike any other between my bro Aaron and Shane, I mean Shailey.

by Anonymousreply 21February 16, 2021 5:49 AM

R20 aw that’s not nice. Just admit you’re bitter Aaron is fucking her when you dream about him fucking you.

by Anonymousreply 22February 16, 2021 5:52 AM

Shailene Woodley is part Black

So their kids are going to be part eggplant.

[quote] I felt a great disturbance, as if millions of pearl necklaces were suddenly clutched in terror

by Anonymousreply 23February 16, 2021 5:58 AM

Maybe they can use a double ended dildo to fuck each other’s asses at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 24February 16, 2021 5:59 AM

Tim Tebow wouldn't do it without a ring!

by Anonymousreply 25February 16, 2021 6:02 AM

[quote] This all reminds me of the Cory Booker saga. This will not go away

Exactly.

And Aaron is going to look like a goddamned fool (just like Cory Booker did) when Shailene blindsides him with "Oh, by the way, I'm bisexual."

Rofl!

Aaron will be standing there with egg on his face, having to cover his ass.

This bullshit is too much.

It's just so fucking sad that Aaron is supposed to be this big, tough NFL quarterback, when he's really just a cowardly closet case.

by Anonymousreply 26February 16, 2021 8:01 AM

Today, he feels like the luckiest guy in the world!!!

by Anonymousreply 27February 16, 2021 8:17 AM

I can't wait until they get "married," and then Shailene comes out as a lesbian!

Aaron will be left standing there with his dick in his hands. Rofl

by Anonymousreply 28February 16, 2021 2:02 PM

[quote]Aaron will be left standing there with his dick in his hands.

He'd be better off with someone else's dick in his hands.

by Anonymousreply 29February 16, 2021 2:10 PM

One way you can tell that these beard situations are fake is that the astrological signs are always incompatible. A Sagittarius and a Scorpio... I don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2021 1:49 PM

Listening to straight people talk about the "oddity" of Aaron Rodgers announcement is so hilarious. This podcast segment from The Ringer Dish, which includes Bill Simmons talking about it, reached it's nadir when they said:

"What do Olivia Munn, Danica Patrick and Shailene Woodley all have in common...?" ALL BIG BEARDS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2021 12:31 PM

That’s mean. Not cool

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2021 12:33 PM

So, it was Jodie Foster who "played Cupid," bringing Shailene and Aaron together for their totally heterosexual romance!

by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2021 1:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!