Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

He could have been a datalounger, now missing. Part 3; The saga continues.

Arrest Rusty! Get the phone books, bright lights and fire hoses. He’ll crack!

by Anonymousreply 600May 26, 2021 7:57 PM

Link to second part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 6, 2021 12:40 PM

The other thread has been paywalled for weeks. Thanks for starting up a new one.

by Anonymousreply 2February 6, 2021 2:15 PM

Again, how do you sell a home when one of the owners is "unavailable"?

by Anonymousreply 3February 6, 2021 2:19 PM

Silly, R3. You get a court order.

The man is missing, the subject of a police investigation, probably officially presumed dead, and almost certainly not making any mortgage payments. The bank and any other co-owners all have a legitimate interest in getting this under control. If Rusty has the cash and he wants to do it, he can write a check and pay off the mortgage. If he doesn't have the cash, then the interested parties can seek assistance from the courts.

With a court order, the place can be sold and the proceeds distributed to the appropriate parties, as in the bank, and any owners. If any of the proceeds of the sale belong to Alan White, or his estate, they can be held in escrow until such time as they can appropriately distributed.

by Anonymousreply 4February 6, 2021 3:09 PM

^Likely they had to show a court that they couldn't make the payments without the primary breadwinner's income, and so the property would be foreclosed and lost if not sold. The court then likely required that the price be provably for fair market value, and the proceeds will have to go into a constructive trust until the issue of the fate of the missing owner is legally resolved (to determine who is entitled to the money).

by Anonymousreply 5February 6, 2021 3:14 PM

Thanks, r4 and r5.

by Anonymousreply 6February 6, 2021 3:22 PM

Bumping this for someone in the previous thread so they'll see it

by Anonymousreply 7February 6, 2021 5:13 PM

Hope they find him

by Anonymousreply 8February 7, 2021 4:25 PM

Has the case gone cold?

by Anonymousreply 9February 7, 2021 4:54 PM

Last we heard was that they were waiting on warrants to see what information was on his phone and anything they could get from the found car. It seems to be taking a really long time

by Anonymousreply 10February 7, 2021 9:06 PM

Sad story

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2021 11:00 PM

Still no developments?

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2021 11:17 PM

There's a sub for him on reddit, last case update was 24 days ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2021 11:43 AM

Who started the reddit page?

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2021 4:25 PM

R14 no idea, would have to message the moderators to find that out

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2021 4:32 PM

OK so if he has been murdered, his body has been disposed of well, not having been discovered yet.

If he's just disappeared, then nothing has pinged on his finances either.

Complete mystery.

by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2021 5:32 PM

It is very hard for me to believe that it's taken over 3 months for the cops to acquire the guy's phone location information. I have to think they are keeping it quiet for their own reasons. It would have led them to the body, almost certainly, unless the presumed killer was clever enough to have removed the battery from the phone. (Or maybe the phone was just tossed out someplace while the crime was going on).

by Anonymousreply 17February 9, 2021 5:41 PM

Yes, it's very mysterious there hasn't been any CCTV footage released

by Anonymousreply 18February 9, 2021 5:43 PM

R17, that's not necessarily true

by Anonymousreply 19February 9, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote]Yes, it's very mysterious there hasn't been any CCTV footage released.

Aside from what was released, months ago, of him leaving the gym and then at the gasoline station? What other CCTV footage would there be? It's Texas not London. There's probably not a CCTV camera every 20 meters.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2021 11:25 AM

^There probably IS camera footage, almost certainly. E.g. at every major intersection there are bound to be closed circuit cameras, and that car was found a LONG way from home, if you check the locations on a map. There is definitely photography of that car traveling north to south through most of Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2021 12:21 PM

[quote] Last we heard was that they were waiting on warrants

They have to wait when a guy's life is in danger? Or does this indicate they know he's already dead.

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2021 1:01 PM

Great point R22.

Likewise R21.

Do you not have ANPR cameras in the Texas, that the police can check to see if Alan's car pinged any?

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2021 2:45 PM

It was a red convertible and I'm willing to bet that it traveled the north-south length of Dallas on the major interstate that goes right through the middle of town. I bet there is complete traffic-camera coverage of the entire route. I'm sure the police have forensic access to the footage from those cameras. -R21

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2021 2:49 PM

So it's pretty much a given that he's dead?

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2021 6:07 PM

I think so

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2021 6:10 PM

I'm beginning to think it was suicide. It may have been related to that house being too big for their (rusty and alan's) britches. College debts still accrued, medical bills, even just buying the house and not enough coming in. Alan could've just said 'fuck this' and took a taxi far out of town and done himself in. I think there'll be a development in the case in a few months.

by Anonymousreply 27February 13, 2021 11:39 PM

No one would go and work out prior to committing suicide! What a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2021 11:49 PM

^The car was deliberately cached in a rundown, abandoned part of town that was almost certainly unknown to the victim. Suicide seems unlikely, under the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2021 11:59 PM

Many seem quick to assume the couple were living beyond their means, which I didn't assume automatically Two things give me pause though: Alan White's employment history (LinkedIn) shows a huge stretch with one employer then a period of not working and a bit of humping around jobs before he too the last position less than a year before his disappearance.

The other thing: the rental Porsche, a model with a price range of $52-85K. Renting a car seems contrary to the usual caution of accountants and, together with the curious break in employment (not jumping directly from one job to another), the relatively recent jump into real estate (the Provincetown vacation property also a source of income and the house flipping.)

I wonder if there wasn't a mid-life crisis, with drugs and a last gasp at grabbing some sex (the separate gyms.)

Maybe a medical cause, maybe a new drug habit that shifted priorities. In any case a reminder that that last gasp of flashiness and dick opportunities may have been closing in.

by Anonymousreply 30February 14, 2021 10:06 AM

The car was a loaner, not a rental.

by Anonymousreply 31February 14, 2021 1:20 PM

I agree there's no way anyone would work out immediately before committing suicide.

by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2021 1:33 PM

People do everyday things before committing suicide sometimes....you would be surprised

by Anonymousreply 33February 14, 2021 5:16 PM

I'm really surprised that the police haven't come forward with a public appeal asking residents "Did you see this car reg xxxx at xxxx on xxxx date?"

I appreciate going through CCTV and ANPR data will take time, but they don't seem to be very active on the case. Leading me to believe that they think Alan is dead.

by Anonymousreply 34February 14, 2021 9:18 PM

House has sold according to sign in front, although not yet in MLS. Makes Rusty more suspicious in my mind, selling house less than 4 months after husband disappearance.

Either he was financially desperate, or planned this all along. He’s probably getting the money.

by Anonymousreply 35February 14, 2021 9:22 PM

Has Rusty remarried yet?

by Anonymousreply 36February 14, 2021 9:24 PM

Wow that is quick work selling the home.

Where next for Rusty?

by Anonymousreply 37February 14, 2021 9:29 PM

The Dallas housing market is pretty hot these days. I wonder if he got asking price.

by Anonymousreply 38February 14, 2021 10:00 PM

[quote] The Dallas housing market is pretty hot these days.

*sobbing* So was Alan!!

by Anonymousreply 39February 14, 2021 10:41 PM

Rusty is NOT getting the money unless his name was solely on the title. The proceeds will be held in trust, probably by a Court, until the issue of the disappearance/death is resolved, to determine who is legally entitled to the proceeds. If Rusty had anything to do with Alan's death, Rusty will get nothing except a jail cell.

by Anonymousreply 40February 14, 2021 10:57 PM

^And MOST of the proceeds will obviously go to the mortgage holder, to pay off the loan. There probably wasn't very much equity built up since the place had been owned for a short time.

by Anonymousreply 41February 14, 2021 10:59 PM

R41 Doesn't that depend on how much they put down initially when they bought the property?

by Anonymousreply 42February 14, 2021 11:51 PM

Yes, of course.

by Anonymousreply 43February 14, 2021 11:56 PM

I'm not sure if they invested a lot of their own cash into the property.

Have the police conducted a thorough search of the property?

by Anonymousreply 44February 15, 2021 12:04 AM

Someone upthread said the construction loan was paid off shortly after Alan disappeared. Don’t know if that’s accurate

by Anonymousreply 45February 15, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote]The car was a loaner, not a rental.

Thanks, R31, my mistake. I knew it was a loaner but I thought a loaner for a car he had under lease.

by Anonymousreply 46February 15, 2021 10:27 AM

What should we read into a prompt sale of the property?

Where's Rusty going to live now?

by Anonymousreply 47February 15, 2021 6:41 PM

R47 maybe the place they owned in Provincetown?

by Anonymousreply 48February 15, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote] What should we read into a prompt sale of the property?

1. The real estate market in Dallas is good now.

2. The property was appropriately priced.

by Anonymousreply 49February 15, 2021 9:31 PM

Thank you for those succinct replies R48 and R49

by Anonymousreply 50February 15, 2021 10:00 PM

Hope it has heat!

by Anonymousreply 51February 16, 2021 5:26 PM

Oh god! I'd forgotten about the Arctic conditions out there. I hope that Alan's ok tonight, if he's out on the streets or tied up in a basement somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 52February 16, 2021 9:20 PM

He's fine.

He's in Rio.

He sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 53February 16, 2021 9:55 PM

R53 Thank god!

Is he sipping Mimosas?

by Anonymousreply 54February 16, 2021 9:56 PM

Caipirinhas, r54!

by Anonymousreply 55February 16, 2021 9:57 PM

R55 Mmmm I do love a Caipirinha.

by Anonymousreply 56February 20, 2021 1:33 PM

How is the case going?

by Anonymousreply 57March 3, 2021 11:54 PM

As a longtime Dallas resident, I’m thinking

1) He tried to score (name your drug of choice) post-workout and his regular dealer was unavailable, so he took a chance on an anonymous Scruff/Grinder dealer.

Once they saw his ride, they assumed he had $$$ and kept him alive to extract the max from his cards, then dumped him in the Trinity.

Or...

2) A Chris Burrous scenario that went south. Working out that early would give him a few hours to “play.”

by Anonymousreply 58March 4, 2021 12:32 AM

Thats very interesting R58

Have there been any local news or developments on the TV there?

by Anonymousreply 59March 4, 2021 1:55 AM

Nooooooooooooooooooooo. As has been mentioned about 5,000 times, he had an early zoom business meeting that day. The fact that he was not home directly after the gym so that he could attend that meeting is what alarmed the husband and got this ball rolling.

by Anonymousreply 60March 4, 2021 3:06 AM

[quote] A Chris Burrous scenario that went south.

I think you meant A Chris Burrous scenario - period. Adding "went south" implies it went well for Chris Burrous. (Link to remind everyone about Chris Burrous)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 4, 2021 3:25 AM

Have there been any updates on the case of that boy in Texas who went missing on a back road and left his clothes and car behind in the middle of the cold, cold Texas night?

by Anonymousreply 62March 4, 2021 3:48 AM

I'd forgotten about the cold weather!

I wonder how Alan survived it?

by Anonymousreply 63March 4, 2021 4:10 AM

[quote]R27 I'm beginning to think it was suicide. It may have been related to that house being too big for their (rusty and alan's) britches.

But who would kill themselves at 6:30 a.m.?

I guess he was a morning person.

by Anonymousreply 64March 13, 2021 5:03 AM

[quote]r53 He's fine. He's in Rio. He sends his love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 13, 2021 5:12 AM

Alan probably was having an affair and has disappeared with his new beau for a new life.

by Anonymousreply 66March 13, 2021 8:20 AM

I was just looking him up last night on Reddit wondering if they ever found him. Very strange that there is NOTHING at all going on with it.

by Anonymousreply 67March 13, 2021 3:27 PM

Well from previous discussions, Dallas police appear pretty inept. I'm surprised that they've not released any CCTV footage, appealing for witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 68March 13, 2021 3:31 PM

He's Fine and sends you his regards.

by Anonymousreply 69March 13, 2021 3:36 PM

R68, you don't know what the footage does or doesn't show so how can you say they should release it?

by Anonymousreply 70March 13, 2021 3:49 PM

R69 Well unless they know where Alan is, which they don't, because there's neither a body or a safe person been found, a public appeal for information, along the lines of, "Did you see this car at x on x date and time" with a still from a CCTV image in that locality. That would aid their enquiries. Sounds like they've just given up on Alan.

by Anonymousreply 71March 13, 2021 4:13 PM

Unless this is a wacky movie caper plot he's sadly dead and his corpse well hidden.

by Anonymousreply 72March 13, 2021 4:18 PM

They did show the gas pump video...do we know for sure there is more that has anything useful on it?

Read elsewhere that they had video of him going into the gas station convenience store and leaving immediately without buying anything, and then video of his car driving away through a neighboring business’ parking lot. But it didn’t seem like there was anything else on them that was going to help anyone.

I am surprised that they haven’t said anything about his phone records. Did the family or police ever receive them?

by Anonymousreply 73March 13, 2021 5:18 PM

Not as far as we know. The last I read was that the police had applied for a warrant.

by Anonymousreply 74March 13, 2021 5:27 PM

I don't think the cops are putting much effort into solving this case.

by Anonymousreply 75March 14, 2021 6:36 PM

I agree R75. It stinks.

Alan's change in status from missing person to whatever they upgraded his missing status too, should have initiated a new round of public appeals for information, because the police obviously have something to upgrade his missing person status.

by Anonymousreply 76March 15, 2021 12:03 AM

Zillow says the house sold but now it’s back on the market. Maybe the new owners don’t want it after learning its history?

by Anonymousreply 77March 16, 2021 7:54 PM

Oh gosh!

Wow! So any idea where Randy is now?

by Anonymousreply 78March 16, 2021 9:41 PM

[quote]Zillow says the house sold but now it’s back on the market. Maybe the new owners don’t want it after learning its history?

My guess , R77, is more mundane: either the authority to sell the property was in doubt, or buyer had financing or property chain problems.

Purely my own observation (I couldn't easily find stats to support or contradict) but I notice what seems a higher than usual incidence of expensive properties throughout the U.S. under contract — and then back on the market in a short time. No clue as to whether that's due to financing or property chain difficulties or some other factors, but the problem, always there, didn't disappear with Covid evidently.

by Anonymousreply 79March 17, 2021 9:29 AM

My guess is that before closing, the buyer asked for a written guarantee from Randy that Allen was not buried somewhere on the property.

And when that was not forthcoming....

Upon reflection, it seems more likely that somewhere during the deal the buyer found out about the Allen situation and just backed out. Who wouldn't? It is reasonably foreseeable that in the days or months or years ahead, the police could show up with a court order and start digging up the yard.

Who wants to buy that problem? Not unless the price reflects that problem.

by Anonymousreply 80March 17, 2021 1:07 PM

[quote] to whatever they upgraded his missing status too,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 81March 17, 2021 1:45 PM

Sales often fall-through due to unreasonable buyer demands to redo something they don't like that isn't a defect, just a taste issue. We also have sales cancelled when the buyer wants more money held in escrow for the next year's taxes in markets with rapidly-rising property taxes.

And then there's the "what's that smell?" that may emerge in this dump.

by Anonymousreply 82March 17, 2021 1:50 PM

It's possible that the lending bank "bought" it back from the owners, and then put it on the market, to get rid of it. This could have been done in lieu of a foreclosure. It's kind of unlikely, admittedly, and I know zilch about the foreclosure requirements in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 83March 17, 2021 2:03 PM

Is the property ownership register for Dallas a public document?

Perhaps someone could look?

R80 I totally agree. Last thing you want is the polizei showing up 10 years hence with a warrant to dig up your patio.

by Anonymousreply 84March 17, 2021 10:22 PM

It's =possible the authorities and Rusty know what happened to Allen, and have decided to keep it quiet to avoid embarrassing family and friends.

by Anonymousreply 85March 17, 2021 10:22 PM

And they’re not going to tell the public??

[italic]WHY MUST THEY PERSECUTE US ? ! ?

by Anonymousreply 86March 17, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote] WHY MUST THEY PERSECUTE US ? ! ?

I misread that entirely. I thought is said...

WHY MUST THEY PROSECUTE US ? ! ?

I was gonna say, we're all innocent bystanders here!

by Anonymousreply 87March 18, 2021 12:44 AM

[quote] It's =possible the authorities and Rusty know what happened to Allen, and have decided to keep it quiet to avoid embarrassing family and friends.

WTF? You think they will hold a murder trial without any evidence so that no one will be embarrassed?

by Anonymousreply 88March 18, 2021 2:52 AM

DPD must have shelved their enquiries. There's not been a public appeal for help for months.

It's as if they know Rusty did it, but can't prove it, yet.

by Anonymousreply 89March 18, 2021 3:33 PM

I wasn't fully detailed in my response R88. Perhaps they know what happened to Allen, but haven't found a suspect. Maybe the family doesn't want publicity so as not to make it more difficult to sell the house and get on with things. It's only speculation, like everything else here. Or maybe the suspect has been found too, but waived a jury trial. It happens.

I grew up in a rapist-murderer's house. My parents got it for a bargain - a 4br 2ba 2 car garage suburban home on over an acre for less than $30,000. There was no trial, only a confession, sentencing, and right to prison. The homeowner was the perp's wife, a schoolteacher. She sold the house and quickly bailed, probably with a new name.

My parents bought the house right after the murderer was sentenced. The previous owner even left most of the furniture. My parents are more cheap than superstitious.

by Anonymousreply 90March 18, 2021 6:24 PM

Any further developments or appeals?

by Anonymousreply 91March 31, 2021 8:48 AM

Nothing in the r/FindAlanWhite subreddit for a month or more

Found this article about him which is a bit more recent, delves into the house sale

Cant find anything more recent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 31, 2021 1:21 PM

Oh well done R92 for the update.

by Anonymousreply 93April 1, 2021 10:05 AM

Really mysterious about Alan's use of the power of attorney to sell the house. He would of had to prove Alan was still alive.

Secondly, terms like 'Police searched the vehicle but did not find any evidence inside of it.' Did they find evidence outside of it and are keeping that private?

All very odd.

by Anonymousreply 94April 1, 2021 10:14 AM

Yeah, if that is true about the POA, it’s strange. I wonder if it’s true, though. I’m not a lawyer but the article just said “people” said so.

He hasn’t been declared dead officially but without knowing what happened to him, it takes time to do that.

I personally doubt he’s alive and living it up on an island or something. Pretty sure this was some kind of “death by misadventure” scenario.

by Anonymousreply 95April 1, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote] He would of had to prove

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 96April 1, 2021 1:00 PM

R95 It's all very odd.

I still find it weird that Rusty reacted like he did when Alan was 15 minutes late home.

by Anonymousreply 97April 1, 2021 10:46 PM

That shrew practically kept a tracking device on his meal ticket!

by Anonymousreply 98April 1, 2021 11:06 PM

Totally R97. I think he had an idea where Rusty might have gone and knew it was something potentially risky. It seems like either drugs or a hookup, especially since we see him texting and possibly stalking for time at the gas station. Rusty would know him better than anyone and probably had an inkling that something had gone wrong when he failed to return when expected.

It’s very sad how little activity there is, like they have given up for all intents and purposes.

by Anonymousreply 99April 2, 2021 1:00 AM

That article is chilling. Two missing persons and it seems the police have done sweet FA. Are the officers mentally retarded? WTF?! I mean, even the official police reports sound like a distracted parent telling their young child why they can't take them to park.

by Anonymousreply 100April 2, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote]r99 It’s very sad how little activity there is, like they have given up for all intents and purposes.

There just might not be any solid evidence to go on.

Or they’re luring fishwife Rusty into a false sense of security as they continue to track him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 2, 2021 1:25 AM

R100, don't bitch if you don't know all the facts. They don't always release every detail of what they know to the public (often for a very good reason).

by Anonymousreply 102April 2, 2021 1:28 AM

This case is in bigoted Texas. It would be getting much more attention in a more progressive city. Brian Egg went missing in SF and it received a lot of publicity and was solved. There is no reason there shouldn't at least be some idea what happened to Alan via his phone records. Poor guy has been ghosted by the police.

by Anonymousreply 103April 2, 2021 1:37 AM

R99 I agree with your analysis.

Rusty's immediate behaviour was not normal, unless he knew Alan was in danger.

by Anonymousreply 104April 2, 2021 8:20 AM

Where's Alan?

by Anonymousreply 105April 4, 2021 12:45 AM

We don't know R105

by Anonymousreply 106April 4, 2021 7:36 AM

How Awful About Alan

by Anonymousreply 107April 4, 2021 4:12 PM

What's happened R107?

by Anonymousreply 108April 4, 2021 5:24 PM

UPDATE!

[quote]A Dallas businessman who vanished after a visit to the health club has been reclassified as “endangered,” police mentioned. The search for Alan White, a 55-year-old accounting executive missing since late October, was upgraded Friday from “need to find” to “endangered missing particular person” because of current developments within the ongoing investigation, Dallas police mentioned.

As the queen in the Diana Scream video might observe, "His condition has changed to endangered. That's not good."

by Anonymousreply 109April 6, 2021 5:40 AM

In other words, his face got it.

by Anonymousreply 110April 6, 2021 5:46 AM

R109, thanks for the 5-month-old news.

Way to go, Cronkite.

by Anonymousreply 111April 6, 2021 12:33 PM

Rusty didn't react oddly "15 minutes after he was late."

Alan was expected back by 6:00AM. Rusty didn't start calling around or go drive the route Alan would have taken until 7:00AM, and even Alan's family have said they were concerned by 7:30AM. (Not just talking about the alleged niece's post, but the comments made months ago in news articles.)

The power of attorney information on that blog is speculation. Who even knows who that blogger's "multiple sources in realty" are, if they're truly realtors, if they have legal experience, if they know the laws in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 112April 6, 2021 12:48 PM

[quote]Rusty didn't start calling around or go drive the route Alan would have taken until 7:00AM, and even Alan's family have said they were concerned by 7:30AM.

Is it true that Alan's family was involved in all of this by 7 or 7.30AM? That seems very odd. My mother-in-law lives 5 miles (not five large states) away but I certainly wouldn't call her because my husband missed the start of a Zoom meeting. I get that he was an accountant, methodical, etc., but who gets hysterical so quickly and starts calling hospitals and police and mothers-in-law when the man is barely an hour late?

by Anonymousreply 113April 6, 2021 1:12 PM

I’m with you, r113.

It seems like he went from panic mode 0 to 10 in minutes.

by Anonymousreply 114April 6, 2021 1:22 PM

Definitely agree, Rusty knew he needed to worry about something if he started so early.

by Anonymousreply 115April 6, 2021 1:29 PM

Rusty

by Anonymousreply 116April 6, 2021 3:03 PM

Everything we've heard from the family, not just Rusty, has indicated that Alan was never late and never missed appointments, he was apparently a huge stickler for being on time.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.

Well, to be honest, I think people DO understand it, but they're so wedded to the idea that Rusty murdered Alan or knew Alan was hooking up with rough trade or something salacious like that, that they pretend to NOT understand what's a pretty basic concept.

by Anonymousreply 117April 6, 2021 3:53 PM

R117, it’s not that we don’t understand punctuality and someone’s obsession with it.

What we’re questioning is how many times in your life have you completely panicked and called family members 5 states away and the police because someone you were waiting on was under an hour late?

Maybe he stopped to get something to eat. Maybe he had a flat and was either changing it or waiting for AAA. There’s hundreds of possibilities that don’t include calling family members and the police.

Four hours? Five hours missing? Yes. Not under an hour.

by Anonymousreply 118April 6, 2021 4:58 PM

[quote]Everything we've heard from the family, not just Rusty, has indicated that Alan was never late and never missed appointments, he was apparently a huge stickler for being on time.

[quote]I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.

Understood, R117. It is not difficult to understand.

But why do you fail to understand that this character trait, well known among his intimates, could be used as a cover, yes by the missing man's husband, as a cloud of anxiety in which his freak-out and anxiety has the perfect reason — that it is impossible that Allan would not return by the expected time? If indeed Rusty has any direct knowledge of what became of Alan, it would be in his interests to direct attention in another direction. If that so difficult to understand? If you think it impossible, or the wanderings of salacious minds to suggest that Rusty could have had anything to do with this, or that drugs or sex with someone else might have had a role, then you either have some direct knowledge yourself, or an illogical mind. The husband is the only reasonable known suspect at this point.

Why does a man go the gym in the black of the morning, arriving there at 5AM, then leaving the gym by 5.38AM, drive to a gas station, pump some gas, dick around inside the gas station, then in his car, attentive to his phone? There's a discrepancy of whether he paid for the gas at 5.47 or at 6.01 (as his family assert.) Then the business of pulling into an adjacent parking lot and stopping again before presumably heading toward home and disappearing between security cameras between 6.05AM and 6.06AM, the husband presumably already panicky because he was already minutes past the 6AM ETA.

I don't know if he was texting a drug dealer, plotting/cancelling a quick stop-off for a Grindr blowjob, calling his company to reschedule his phone meeting, ordering an Edible Arrangment, or checking the markets in Europe. I do know, however —and you should, too— that, barring some more obvious theory, it's unwise to rule out spouses in investigations of murders and missing persons. Why do YOU pretend NOT to understand that?

It's one thing to be entirely out of character for a precise man to not appear at home within a precise timeframe. It's another for the husband to freak the fuck out within mere minutes, and to have called family and police and hospitals and driven the roads all within an hour and a half of 6AM sharpish. The worry I can understand, maybe not at 6.01AM but as the time gets closer to 7AM than 6AM, but there is something that more than a few people find odd about the husband's rush to jump to terrible conclusions. If it's too difficult for you to understand that people form their own theories and opinions based on the information at hand; it's reasonable that yu might agree or disagree with these ideas, but you don't appear to be in any position to present your schoolmarm squeamishness about Salaciousness as fact.

by Anonymousreply 119April 6, 2021 7:08 PM

Yet another capricious act by a capricious man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 6, 2021 7:23 PM

R119 😂😂😂

I’m punctual and known for my reliability but I’d have to be much more than one hour late for my partner to call my mom. 😂 He flipped out immediately and it’s strange. Alan is a grown ass man, not a kid going to school alone for the first time. I doubt Rusty did it (who knows though)...but I think he knew Alan might have put himself in a dangerous situation that morning. They were married (I think, but if not they were long-term committed partners) and Rusty would know more about his private life than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 121April 6, 2021 8:45 PM

[quote]R121 Rusty would know more about his private life than anyone else.

Well, Rusty knows where the bodies are buried, that’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 122April 6, 2021 8:48 PM

Thank you for the erudite analysis, [R119]. It puts the whole scenario more fully into focus. It makes so much sense. I've been following the posts on DL about this case because I cannot make any sense of what we've been told.

by Anonymousreply 123April 6, 2021 9:35 PM

Apologies if this has been posted, but here is a link to a Reddit timeline pieced together from various sources as noted. Given the length of time since any new info has come to light, it was interesting to read this attempt to put things in the correct order with times assigned where possible. There are some discrepancies and some info that I wasn't familiar with, including a rather similar disappearance of s woman in the same area a few weeks earlier, and some purported off the record observations on security camera footage in the store.

Again, the story is so long and long between details that this might have been posted already in this thread or another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 6, 2021 9:56 PM

Even if it was posted, as you said it’s been a while since an update. Nothing wrong with a review.

by Anonymousreply 125April 6, 2021 10:11 PM

Everything points to whatever Alan was doing on his phone that morning. We don’t know why he went to a further gym than needed and different than Rusty (Speculation it was gay friendly and what he was used to but there are other gay friendly and more upscale gyms closer) We aren’t sure why he went to that out-of-the-way gas station not on his usual route (speculation to avoid traffic due to a hold-up earlier in the the night on his usual route home.) we don’t know why he went into the gas station but didn’t buy anything, we don’t know why he lingered afterwards in an area known for homeless people before driving towards home. If he didn’t reach the intersection of Lemmon and Inwood as the CVS cameras attest then he must have stopped/turned somewhere else in those few blocks in between.

by Anonymousreply 126April 6, 2021 10:31 PM

Any updates?

by Anonymousreply 127May 1, 2021 6:11 PM

Could the killer who offed Olympia Dukakis also have done in Alan?

Both events happened on the East Coast.

by Anonymousreply 128May 1, 2021 6:16 PM

If Rusty used a Power of Attorney to complete a sale of real property on behalf of Alan, everyone whose name is attached to that closing is in trouble. The Power of Attorney is void at the moment of the subject's death. Alan was missing and everyone at the table had sufficient notice that he might not be alive and the Power of Attorney might be void. There is no way any of them would have a valid legal defense for accepting that PoA.

by Anonymousreply 129May 2, 2021 12:51 PM

^A Court almost certainly allowed the property to be sold rather than being foreclosed by the lending bank (mortgage holder), since it seems unlikely that Rusty could afford to make the payments by himself. The proceeds of the sale, if there really were any to speak of, are most likely being held in escrow by the Court, pending determination re the death of Alan (who is, realistically, dead), and who is entitled to inherit his portion of that money. I'm just speculating, but no one in their right mind would have accepted a deed issued under a power of attorney in these circumstances. No title company would have insured it.

by Anonymousreply 130May 2, 2021 1:19 PM

Do we know who Alan was texting at the gas station? Or that he definitely WAS texting? I know it appears that he was, but I just tried looking this up and couldn't find anything definitive about it.

by Anonymousreply 131May 2, 2021 1:26 PM

When I saw there were responses here, I was hoping they found Alan...

No, we don’t know who he was texting. Last time anyone said anything, it was the cops saying they didn’t know and getting records is difficult.

I agree that whoever he was texting is likely involved.

Is anyone obligated to tell us if they discover he’s dead? Always thought that confirming that was what would allow Rusty to sell the house and also that the family was probably embarrassed about whatever happened because they’ve been very tight-lipped.

by Anonymousreply 132May 2, 2021 1:35 PM

Well, I think with the information we do have (a lot of it from that great link to the timeline earlier in this thread) we can rule out a lot of things. The house had security cameras so if Rusty was lying about his whereabouts, the cameras would have picked that up months ago.

There wasn't enough time between the gas station visit and Alan's work call for him to have gotten a hookup in. Probably not a hookup gone wrong.

My theory was that it was a drug deal gone wrong, but we know he turned onto Inwood on his way home, and it's a straight shot to his house, essentially, and there's not much chance his drug dealer was on the route home, especially since the street he disappeared on, Inwood Road, is commercial. Maybe it's different in Dallas but my experience is that the dealers are in residential areas.

Rumor has it that Alan was seen turning onto Inwood, presumably heading home, but four blocks later isn't seen on a security camera. That's odd. Whether that's true or not, there are several areas on Inwood Road where he could have had to stop at a stoplight, which makes me think carjacking.

But why hasn't anything been caught on security footage? The cops being so quiet about this is incredibly strange, are they just shrugging it off because they're assholes or did they screw something up early on and are hoping no one will notice?

by Anonymousreply 133May 2, 2021 1:48 PM

I should clarify that my theory WAS that it was a drug deal gone wrong, but now I don't believe so anymore.

by Anonymousreply 134May 2, 2021 1:49 PM

Does the Bermuda Triangle extend to Dallas?

by Anonymousreply 135May 2, 2021 1:51 PM

[quote]R132 I agree that whoever he was texting is likely involved.

The police should be made aware of this.

by Anonymousreply 136May 2, 2021 3:39 PM

If it was a "drug deal gone bad" I doubt the murderer would have taken the time to hide the body

by Anonymousreply 137May 2, 2021 3:48 PM

Maybe there was a drug deal. Or a lot of drug deals. And maybe Alan was working undercover as an FBI informant. After his stop at the gas station, he was whisked off by the FBI to enter the Witness Protection Program under an entirely new identity!

by Anonymousreply 138May 2, 2021 4:30 PM

That leaves a car jacking and they left the car.

by Anonymousreply 139May 2, 2021 4:30 PM

That's part of the cover, silly. Anyway, he can't take his old car with him into his new life.

by Anonymousreply 140May 2, 2021 4:31 PM

The choad who has to reply to literally every post on these threads with a stupid joke or fake theory has been doing this for months.

He's exactly who I'm talking about when I say many of DL's trolls are people who very literally need professional help and medications.

by Anonymousreply 141May 2, 2021 4:32 PM

^^ What replies do you consider bad jokes?

by Anonymousreply 142May 3, 2021 12:43 AM

[quote] If it was a "drug deal gone bad" I doubt the murderer would have taken the time to hide the body

Doesn't take much time. He could've been killed in the dealer's apartment or behind a building, then thrown in the trunk and driven off to some out-of-the way place to toss the body. It might not be that "hidden".

by Anonymousreply 143May 5, 2021 11:18 PM

I can’t believe the police haven’t made any discernible progress. I agree his phone use at gas station is the key. Can’t police get call logs and trace?

by Anonymousreply 144May 8, 2021 2:50 AM

It seems like getting the records takes time, which...okay, but it’s been like six months.

Is law enforcement obligated to reveal what they find out? What if the family asked them not to? Just wondering if they know the answer and that’s why no one is talking or even seeming to be looking.

by Anonymousreply 145May 8, 2021 3:03 AM

Maybe they know something and are conducting undercover operations.

by Anonymousreply 146May 8, 2021 3:14 AM

Nah, I don't think Texas cops care about a missing gay. Hell, an undercover cop posing as a drug dealer might have killed him.

by Anonymousreply 147May 8, 2021 4:03 AM

Oh gosh!

by Anonymousreply 148May 8, 2021 5:39 AM

Now THAT would be an interetirng story, R147.

by Anonymousreply 149May 8, 2021 12:59 PM

R147. Actually, Dallas has a fairly progressive police dept. and so is the DA.

by Anonymousreply 150May 8, 2021 9:55 PM

Well they don't seem to be progressing very well with this case 🤣

by Anonymousreply 151May 8, 2021 10:36 PM

I don't think it was suicide.

by Anonymousreply 152May 8, 2021 11:08 PM

R152, me either.

by Anonymousreply 153May 8, 2021 11:09 PM

It's amazing how quickly a body will decompose and be scavenged in the countryside.

by Anonymousreply 154May 8, 2021 11:11 PM

[quote] Is law enforcement obligated to reveal what they find out?

Of course not. Why would you even think that?

No investigation could ever progress beyond its initial stages if the police were required to reveal all they know.

by Anonymousreply 155May 8, 2021 11:25 PM

Oh, I know that, R155. I meant if they found out Alan ran away (I doubt it) or was murdered by a drug dealer, are they obligated to let the public know? Or is that the job of the media to drag out of them and publicize?

by Anonymousreply 156May 9, 2021 12:30 AM

While there are many cameras and people about on this earth, there are also many byways and dark pockets and ravines where things can fall and remain hidden... perhaps forever.

I think Alan’s body is tucked away somewhere. And by dumb luck will remain unfound.

The thing on the side of finding him is that over time, criminals talk. Years from now Someone may come forward with info they were told, overheard, or noticed inadvertently.

by Anonymousreply 157May 9, 2021 12:56 AM

The Dallas police force solves about 75% of murders, which is much higher than the national average, but that still leaves a lot of unsolved crimes. And there are a lot of murders in Dallas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 9, 2021 1:13 AM

[quote]Why does a man go the gym in the black of the morning

You lost me right there, trying to make it sound like getting up early is a nefarious thing to do. Would you question his motives if it were sunny out?

by Anonymousreply 159May 9, 2021 2:30 AM

Both Rusty and Alan left house at4:45 that morning. Maybe Rusty went to different gym because he knew and didn’t approve of Alan’s behavior. I’m guessing drug deal gone bad, although that doesn’t explain car abandoned 20 miles away. Would drug dealer go to all that effort?

by Anonymousreply 160May 9, 2021 3:17 AM

R159 Good point.

Sounds like he was avoiding prime time.

by Anonymousreply 161May 9, 2021 7:58 AM

[quote]I think Alan’s body is tucked away somewhere. And by dumb luck will remain unfound.

That's what I think as well. People have said a drug dealer wouldn't go to the effort of hiding a body, but I don't think whoever committed the murder DID go to a lot of effort, I think they just happened to pick a spot that hasn't been found yet.

I'm still of the opinion that someone carjacked him on Inwood, probably because he was in the loaner Porsche, and they realized before they had a chance to part out the car or sell it that the disappearance was getting too much attention, so they dumped the car in one place and the body in another.

by Anonymousreply 162May 9, 2021 8:06 AM

Given we know what time roughly he was on Inwood, I find it surprising that the police haven't found any CCTV footage of him or A N Other driving the vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 163May 9, 2021 8:12 AM

[quote] are they obligated to let the public know?

In almost all instances, Death Certificates are public records. State and federal laws make them so. When a death occurs, there is a mountain of legal details that must be resolved. The deceased's estate. Outstanding debts. Life insurance settlements. Child custody. And potentially lots more. If the death is known to authorities, it cannot be concealed for long.

by Anonymousreply 164May 9, 2021 11:52 AM

Why did they raise his status from missing to endangered?

by Anonymousreply 165May 9, 2021 12:59 PM

[quote] I’m guessing drug deal gone bad, although that doesn’t explain car abandoned 20 miles away.

20 miles away from what? Alan likely parked the car there himself to do the drug deal nearby.

by Anonymousreply 166May 9, 2021 1:14 PM

I wonder what he was buying.

Him and Rusty don't look meth heads.

by Anonymousreply 167May 9, 2021 1:27 PM

^^ oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 168May 9, 2021 9:36 PM

R166 Alan would not have been back for his 7AM work call if he drove that far.

by Anonymousreply 169May 10, 2021 3:03 AM

There reaches a point where druggies just don’t care, tho.

by Anonymousreply 170May 10, 2021 4:21 AM

I haven't been keeping up on this story so apologies in advance if this has already been answered. Was it ever confirmed that Alan was at home that morning or is that just based on what Rusty said?

I can't comprehend caring enough about my partner's conference call that I'd call hospitals and start searching at the exact time it was supposed to start. How did he know it hadn't been canceled or rescheduled? The only way it makes a bit of sense to me is if there was a pattern of blown-off work responsibilities and Rusty had been out all night...again.

My mind keeps going back to a married coworker who came back from rehab and confessed that he had been staying out all night doing coke and then stopping at the gym for a sauna and shower on his way to work. He even kept garment bags with full work outfits in his car, just in case.

by Anonymousreply 171May 10, 2021 7:22 AM

Alan went to the gym that morning. Stopped off to refuel on the way home, then the last he was seen was on Inwood, on what looks like his way home.

Is the area he disappeared in known for car jackings or drug deals?

by Anonymousreply 172May 10, 2021 8:03 AM

R171: There's a really useful timeline at Reddit, with a link at R124. I excerpted a couple of the early entries below.

I agree that the husband's early leap to assume to worst about Alan seems suspicious. He seems eager to ascribe a great deal of urgency to a situation that, in my mind might be easily explained but outside a partner's knowledge. Maybe, for example, Alan had a message that the 7.00 meeting had been rescheduled or cancelled and stayed late at the gym then ran an errand or two. I don't know anything, but I'm suspicious when someone has a story that turns on its own very precise and detailed timeline and explains calling hospitals and sounding an official alarm quite quickly.

Another thing that strikes me as odd is in the preciseness of the niece and houseguest (see below) "reported on social media that her Uncle Alan mentioned that he would be going to the gym early the following morning, and expected to be home by 6:00 a.m" Why? She might as well have mentioned whether he wiped from front to back or back to front. I can't imagine any prospect that she would be involved and yet that detail just seems so very odd and overly precise detail to note. She's young, but who exactly was supposed to be interested in this bit of information?

October 21, 2020, Wednesday

EVENING: [bold]Alan's niece reported on social media that her Uncle Alan mentioned that he would be going to the gym early the following morning, and expected to be home by 6:00 a.m.[/bold] Alan's husband Rusty Jenkins, and Alan's coworker Matt Davies, both told the news media that they knew Alan had a work-related conference call scheduled for 7:00 a.m. or 7:30 a.m. on Thursday morning, October 22, 2020.

October 22, 2020, Thursday

4:40 AM: According to Alan's husband Rusty Jenkins, Alan and Rusty each left their home near W Mockingbird Lane and Inwood Road in Dallas to go to their gyms. Alan's gym is LA Fitness at Cityplace, a 12 minute, 3.8 mile drive.

5:00 AM: The LA Fitness gym opens, and Alan goes in and works out.

5:38 AM: Alan is captured on video surveillance cameras at LA Fitness leaving the gym. He does not appear under duress and he appears to be alone. He can be seen getting into his black 2019 Porsche Macan loaner car and exiting the parking lot.

5:47 AM: Alan is captured on video surveillance cameras at the RaceTrac convenience store and gas station at 2506 Inwood Road in Dallas. The distance and travel time from the gym to this gas station is 11 minutes and 3.9 miles, strongly suggesting that Alan went straight to the RaceTrac from the gym, with no intervening stops.

6:15 AM: Alan's husband Rusty reports that he thought it was odd that Alan wasn't home yet.

6:30 AM: Rusty reports he knew something was wrong because Alan still had not returned home. Alan's niece reported on social media that Alan's family was able to determine that the last text Alan's phone received was at 6:30 a.m.

6:45 AM: Rusty reports that he began to panic because Rusty had still not returned home.

7:00 AM: When Alan still has not returned home and misses his scheduled work conference call, Rusty reportedly begins searching for Alan. According to news media reports, and social media posts by Alan's niece, Rusty continues texting and calling Alan to no avail, calls hospitals inquiring if they had any John Does matching Alan's description, and drives the route Alan would have taken to and from the gym to their home, looking for Alan. Rusty reportedly was afraid Alan had been in a traffic accident. According to Alan's niece, Alan and Rusty's home security cameras show no sign that Alan made it home.

11:00 AM: Rusty files a Missing Person Report with the Dallas Police Department.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 10, 2021 11:17 AM

[quote] Another thing that strikes me as odd is in the preciseness of the niece and houseguest

There was a houseguest?

by Anonymousreply 174May 10, 2021 12:19 PM

^The timeline makes it clear how weird all the worry is, over someone who was just about an hour late in coming home from working out. Scheduled meeting or not, it is almost hysteria to react in that way so quickly, and it shows me that Rusty KNEW there was something to worry about. Considering the car, maybe Rusty knew that Alan drove like a speed demon...It *would* suggest, somewhat, that Rusty KNOWS what happened to Alan, but it is more suggestive to me that Rusty knows that Alan might have had some enemies out in the world, who had maybe been threatening him. People get killed over unpaid drug bills all the time in the US. It's overwhelming to me that Rusty knows something about this that hasn't been made public.

by Anonymousreply 175May 10, 2021 1:44 PM

On the niece you can look at it two ways. Either it could have come up in idle, casual conversation:

Niece: What are you doing tomorrow?

Alan: I'm at the gym first thing, then I have an early business call. What are you doing tomorrow?

type conversation. Or it could be:

Alan: We've got a great new dealer. His coke is the best. I'm meeting him first thing tomorrow morning on my way back from gym. Rusty and I can't wait to try.

type conversation.

by Anonymousreply 176May 10, 2021 1:56 PM

R174, yes, Alan’s niece and I think one other relative were staying at his house because she is getting married and Alan was supposed to go with them to do some wedding-related chore like dress shopping or looking at venues (I forget which). The niece later wrote a post on Websleuths saying Alan was super reliable.

I’m with R175 though. I think Rusty knows Alan was into something potentially dangerous and he doesn’t want it out there. I just doubt one adult would immediately freak out when another was an hour late unless they had some reason to be concerned. Seems like drugs or hookup are the most straightforward possibilities and would definitely explain why Rusty got scared so fast.

by Anonymousreply 177May 10, 2021 1:56 PM

I wonder if it was a sex meet, rather than a drugs meet. Drug dealers are unreliable at the best of times.

I can understand a quicky sex meet after the gym but before his call being doable.

by Anonymousreply 178May 10, 2021 2:01 PM

[quote] Stopped off to refuel on the way home, then the last he was seen was on Inwood, on what looks like his way home. Is the area he disappeared in known for car jackings or drug deals?

Harry Hines blvd, one block away from Inwood, definitely is. It's the sex and drugs blvd. of Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 179May 10, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote]Scheduled meeting or not, it is almost hysteria to react in that way so quickly

It absolutely is not. I really feel like people have latched onto this one point because they have some kind of need to make Rusty the suspect.

Rusty and Alan's niece have both said Alan was "regimented" and always on time, it was a major character trait. To miss the meeting and not be able to contact him by phone -- and to have the phone go to voice mail by 7:30AM, as if it were turned off -- is definite cause for worry. It wasn't just Rusty who was worried, it was the niece and other family members.

If Rusty thought Alan was hooking up or buying drugs, wouldn't that have KEPT him from contacting the family and the police so soon, to avoid embarrassment? If you thought your partner was getting some trade at 6:30AM and was an hour late coming back from it, would you go tell his niece that you thought something was wrong?

by Anonymousreply 180May 10, 2021 2:17 PM

^Everything you say, above, convinces me even more that Rusty knew something shady was going on, and the fact that A wasn't home on time indicated to him that something was seriously amiss, whether A was habitually "regimented" or not... His worry doesn't prove to me that Rusty was complicit in what happened, but it clearly shows he knew more about the dangerous situation than has been made public.

by Anonymousreply 181May 10, 2021 2:42 PM

R180, I actually don’t think Rusty is the suspect. I know it’s often the romantic partner in murder cases, but I don’t think Rusty would choose a morning with houseguests...seems unnecessary to complicate matters, unless he’s a master criminal which I doubt.

I just think Rusty knew of something Alan did in his personal life that carried risk, and knew when he was late that something could have happened to him.

Another mystery is why almost no one online is talking about this. It almost feels like they are not actually looking for him very hard.

by Anonymousreply 182May 10, 2021 2:46 PM

R182 has a point about the lack of interest. Imagine if this was a straight couple. The media would be all over this.

by Anonymousreply 183May 10, 2021 4:09 PM

R183, that’s true, but in part that’s because with a straight couple the drama would be predictable: the wife disappears , and her dumbass over-confident husband gives interviews begging for information, until his inevitable arrest for her murder. Here, it’s hard to know what to make of the story, so it’s a harder sell.

by Anonymousreply 184May 10, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote]R175 Scheduled meeting or not, it is almost hysteria to react in that way so quickly, and it shows me that Rusty KNEW there was something to worry about.

Rusty was the typical nagging hausbottom and Alan was his meal ticket. Rusty was terrified Alan would lose his job (and income) and that’s why he spun out of control at even the POSSIBILITY of a missed work call.

by Anonymousreply 185May 10, 2021 7:48 PM

I wonder what the Zoom call was about?

Was his disappearance related to that at all?

by Anonymousreply 186May 10, 2021 10:45 PM

Christ, that's an idiotic bit. I use black hair products because I'm a big hairy Spaniard and some black products work best on my unruly hair. These products are not locked up at my local Walmart. Its shit-stirring to claim discrimination when its clear stores lock up items that are frequently pinched. This will vary from store to store.

by Anonymousreply 187May 10, 2021 11:09 PM

^^Uh.

Mmmkay.

by Anonymousreply 188May 10, 2021 11:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 10, 2021 11:14 PM

Can someone please refresh my memory on the details of this case? It seems to keep popping up on the threads but I can’t remember the specifics.

by Anonymousreply 190May 11, 2021 3:13 AM

The missing man, Alan Something, was violated on a Disney cruise by an employee in a Goofy costume. Then he dropped a baby out a window.

He’s currently wanted for the abduction of Madeleine McCann but they can’t find him.

by Anonymousreply 191May 11, 2021 4:00 AM

[quote]I just think Rusty knew of something Alan did in his personal life that carried risk, and knew when he was late that something could have happened to him.

I agree.

As a side note, I know when my husband’s conference calls are because it lets me know if I can make noise when I get up or if I have to tiptoe around. Also, his boss is a stickler for promptness so my husband is very careful not to oversleep because he really needs this job. If he went out in the morning and it was getting down to wire, I’d be anxious wondering why he was cutting it so close and would be anxious but not panicked.

by Anonymousreply 192May 11, 2021 4:10 AM

WHERE IN YOUR "POST"MIGHT THE "INTERNET SENSATION" KNOWN AS ""THE CONTENT WARNING"" BE FOUND, R191?? HMMM,,,,? THAT BLASTED"HURR DURR DURR DURR DURRR!!!"STILL "RINGS" IN MY "CURSED" EARS,,, I WILL "HASH TAG" IT FOR YOU---- ###DO BETTER### BLESS,BILL

by Anonymousreply 193May 11, 2021 4:23 AM

Bill, can you please let Alan out of your basement now? We promise not to rat you out.

TIA

by Anonymousreply 194May 11, 2021 4:27 AM

R192 = Rusty

by Anonymousreply 195May 11, 2021 9:53 AM

Who really takes that much notice of their partner's Zoom calls? I barely remember my own, let alone what my partner is doing for the day. Unless of course it was significant.

I wonder if Alan was about to get fired, or if he was about to be exposed for something on the call that's work related and he decided to just disappear.

It's all most odd.

by Anonymousreply 196May 11, 2021 9:57 AM

[quote]I wonder if Alan was about to get fired, or if he was about to be exposed for something on the call that's work related and he decided to just disappear.

It's a possibility, certainly, but I don't see any indication that he was about to get fired.

October 22 the date of his disappearance was a Wednesday, and his "conference call" (not a Zoom call specifically, which doesn't seem at all a fitting way to fire someone even if it's a Zoom call of just two people) was scheduled for 7.00AM. Dallas is just one hour earlier than NYC, so wherever his call was coming from it was early, 8AM in NYC/East Coast time, 7AM Central. Firings are not normally done by announced conference calls (though you may be surprised to find that your boss is calling from a room with various HR people coincidentally waiting on hold), and even an asshole accountant boss from NYC might think twice about calling someone at 7AM Dallas time. The morning is the preferred time to fire someone by phone, but 7AM? No, it doesn't seem right. Nor does it seem right to announce it as a conference call; the boss would want to indicate that the call was important without giving away the purpose, not spring a mystery conference call with unstated purpose and attendees. Again, it's possible, it just doesn't smell right.

As for people who "just disappear," there's often a lot that's unexplained and unexpected, but who goes to the gym at 4.40AM as a ruse to his disappearance? or goes there and thinks, I'll just run away right this instant wearing these clothes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 11, 2021 11:07 AM

It was more than likely an international call. It's rare to schedule a call that early in the morning unless you have to because of time zone differences. Even 8 am for NYC is early.

by Anonymousreply 198May 11, 2021 12:45 PM

R197 Fair point.

by Anonymousreply 199May 11, 2021 1:09 PM

[quote] was violated on a Disney cruise by an employee in a Goofy costume.

So Rusty was serious when he said Alan was fucking goofy? I’m now sorry I laughed.

by Anonymousreply 200May 12, 2021 12:33 AM

LOL, R200. Save me a seat in hell.

by Anonymousreply 201May 12, 2021 12:39 AM

His body has been found less than a mile from where his car was found in October.

by Anonymousreply 202May 15, 2021 2:06 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 15, 2021 2:15 AM

I know it's stupid, but I was hoping he had some kind of amnesia and was still out there somewhere and would be found alive. Poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 204May 15, 2021 2:25 AM

Sad!

by Anonymousreply 205May 15, 2021 2:30 AM

Damn.

by Anonymousreply 206May 15, 2021 2:44 AM

Ugh. I’m not surprised but I am sad. I wonder what happened, exactly.

by Anonymousreply 207May 15, 2021 2:51 AM

Dallas guy here. I’m guessing he was carjacked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 15, 2021 2:53 AM

Carjackers don't usually hide the body

by Anonymousreply 209May 15, 2021 2:54 AM

Grindr hookup that was a robbery/hate crime is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 210May 15, 2021 3:14 AM

The time between his workout and his 7:00 Zoom call doesn’t seem to leave much time for a hookup in between, unless it was just a blowjob offer.

by Anonymousreply 211May 15, 2021 3:18 AM

The Widow Rusty gets it all now.

As usual.

by Anonymousreply 212May 15, 2021 3:28 AM

R208 oh dear “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCKIN A RUSTY! You screwed up again!!!!!”

by Anonymousreply 213May 15, 2021 3:41 AM

Any cause of death yet?

by Anonymousreply 214May 15, 2021 7:20 AM

R214 body has been out in the open since October? I doubt they will ever find a cause of death, at least not from the remains

by Anonymousreply 215May 15, 2021 7:26 AM

That's possible R215 but forensic science has come a long way in recent years.

Has it been determined if it was murder or a suicide?

by Anonymousreply 216May 15, 2021 9:18 AM

Dallas must have the worst cadaver dogs EVAH!

by Anonymousreply 217May 15, 2021 10:13 AM

Been following this case since early November, as soon as I got my foot in the door at DL. I'm terribly sad to hear that Alan died -- I only hope it wasn't anything to do on his part. He seemed to be a well-presented, tasteful friend that should've been mingling with us. Rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 218May 15, 2021 10:43 AM

How devastating for his partner and family.

by Anonymousreply 219May 15, 2021 10:47 AM

Possibly devastating in more ways than one, R219?

by Anonymousreply 220May 15, 2021 10:49 AM

Why was there never an organized search for him? Seems like he could have been found months ago. It still seems like foul play.

by Anonymousreply 221May 15, 2021 12:50 PM

Rusty isn't off the hook yet.

by Anonymousreply 222May 15, 2021 1:01 PM

Or suicide?

by Anonymousreply 223May 15, 2021 1:23 PM

Ageee r221. Why didn’t Rusty and friends organize a search team. The body was only one mile away!

by Anonymousreply 224May 15, 2021 1:34 PM

[quote]Or suicide?

Why put gas in a car for a suicide 15 miles distant? Why tell his husband the night before that he would be getting gas either on the way to or from the gym? Why loiter around the interior of a gas station? Why give the appearance of placing calls or texts while at the gas station if that were the case?

by Anonymousreply 225May 15, 2021 1:43 PM

[quote]R221 Why was there never an organized search for him? Seems like he could have been found months ago.

There were organized searches for Cayley Whatsername and Chandra Levy that didn’t find them, though they were there.

by Anonymousreply 226May 15, 2021 1:46 PM

In the article it says the car was found a week after he disappeared. Do they think the car was there the whole time?

by Anonymousreply 227May 15, 2021 1:47 PM

The niece stayed with Rusty and Alan the night before. She was in town to shop for her upcoming wedding. Rusty may have used her as an alibi. They left for gym at 4:45 when she was asleep. However, she witnessed Rusty return home around 6am, thereby providing an alibi. There’s no way he could have driven 20 miles south to dump the body and returned on a timely basis. However, a hit man could.

by Anonymousreply 228May 15, 2021 1:48 PM

R225 We don't have cause of death yet.

They could of found Alan hanging from a tree for all we know ATM.

by Anonymousreply 229May 15, 2021 1:58 PM

Probably natural causes. Maybe bitten by a rattle snake. Shit like that happens in Texas.

by Anonymousreply 230May 15, 2021 2:05 PM

[Quote]They could of found Alan

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 231May 15, 2021 2:10 PM

Like a few of us said, we didn't think Alan's body had been well hidden, just hidden somewhere that no one happened to look yet.

I'd bet anything he was carjacked (because of the loaner Porsche), knocked out and/or killed, dumped, then when the carjackers saw it make the news with video of the car, they dumped it because it was too hot to move.

by Anonymousreply 232May 15, 2021 2:12 PM

Rusty hasn’t commented in media reports. Only Alan’s brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 15, 2021 2:13 PM

r232, they said the body was found within a mile of the car. Would carjackers leave the car that close to the body?

by Anonymousreply 234May 15, 2021 2:17 PM

From r203 article:

[quote] A survey crew working for Paul Quinn College found human remains in a wooded area to the northwest of the southeast Oak Cliff campus

I wonder if someone at the college was involved.

by Anonymousreply 235May 15, 2021 2:22 PM

[quote]R233 Rusty hasn’t commented in media reports. Only Alan’s brother.

[italic]WHAT IS HE HIDING ? ?

by Anonymousreply 236May 15, 2021 2:23 PM

“I want to know not only who did this but the why, why did someone put it on themselves to take him off this earth, it doesn’t make any sense," said Tim White.

This comment is so sad and raw and true; no one has the right to take the life of another -- to remove someone from the lives of the person's loved ones and friends and rob them of the life they were going to live.

For what? A car? Money?

by Anonymousreply 237May 15, 2021 2:50 PM

Well Rusty will be getting the $2 million from house sale in January

by Anonymousreply 238May 15, 2021 3:03 PM

R214. Even though body was outside many months, police could still determine if there was an blunt force trauma.

by Anonymousreply 239May 15, 2021 3:19 PM

Ahem

by Anonymousreply 240May 15, 2021 3:20 PM

Could one of Queens provide a synopsis of the last 2.5 threads, so those just joining can catch up?

by Anonymousreply 241May 15, 2021 3:36 PM

Not here to do your homework for you r241. Besides, there are some great posts in the last threads that make them worth reading.

by Anonymousreply 242May 15, 2021 4:04 PM

Summary Alan White and Rusty Jenkins jointly owned a home on Livingston Ave in upscale part of Dallas. Alan was a Managing Director at KPMG accounting/Consulting with estimated minimum salary of $200K. Rusty is an office furniture salesman who probably hasn’t done much business during Covid. They were long term husbands and had flipped several homes in the neighborhood. They also owned a house in Provincetown.

They probably qualified as A gays, but weren’t active in local organizations such as HRC Black Tie dinner. Social media mostly generic posts about houses and pug dog.

One morning in October, both left for separate gyms at 4:45am. Alan was driving a Porsche loaner and after gym stopped at Racetrack gas station one mile out of his way. Rusty back to house by 6am but Alan never returned. Around 6:45am, Rusty panicked and started calling police, hospitals, etc. CC footage from gas station showed Alan fiddling with his phone for several minutes. He left in direction of home. His car was found one week later in bad part of South Dallas know as an outdoor “chop shop”. Keys were inside and no damage. No further developments until now when Alan’s body found a mile away from car. Several months ago Rusty sold the $1.9 million house and moved. Much speculation on how he legally sold house with joint ownership, as well as reasons.

by Anonymousreply 243May 15, 2021 4:16 PM

R243, I think those questions were dealt with earlier—he could have gotten a court order permitting the sale, and probably needed to sell because he could not afford the mortgage.

by Anonymousreply 244May 15, 2021 4:36 PM

Cause of death so far undetermined but homicide unit involved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 15, 2021 7:02 PM

NOW they care?

by Anonymousreply 246May 15, 2021 8:27 PM

Rustys brother thinks it’s murder, he posted this on Facebook.

Appreciate all the prayers for my brother. He was a kind and gentle man who would do anything for anyone. Now everyone help DPD find who killed my brother. We want justice for who is responsible for his death. Someone knows something to what happened.

by Anonymousreply 247May 15, 2021 8:30 PM

I had thought that loaner/for hire cars in the States all had GPS units installed?

The partner's behaviour always seemed odd to me, instant panic after :15 et al, desperate to demonstrate how very concerned he was. Follow the money.

by Anonymousreply 248May 15, 2021 8:41 PM

R243 sounds like Miss Rusty will be in custody soon

by Anonymousreply 249May 15, 2021 9:03 PM

Mizz Rústy probably has a Brazilian with mucho pinga on call now

by Anonymousreply 250May 15, 2021 9:07 PM

Why did these two Queens go to separate gyms?

by Anonymousreply 251May 15, 2021 9:07 PM

Maybe separate gyms if Rusty knew about risky behavior by Alan. Drug or sex pickup gone bad

by Anonymousreply 252May 15, 2021 9:11 PM

R252 are you suggesting that Alan was going to parTy and get prolapsed at 6am?

by Anonymousreply 253May 15, 2021 9:14 PM

OP is a fucking idiot who doesn't even know how to post a proper thread

by Anonymousreply 254May 15, 2021 9:27 PM

Or, maybe they paid their own memberships; Rusty opted for a cheaper house-wife centered gym while Alan went for a pricier professional-centered membership. Or, like most people, they didn’t want to be around people when they grunt and sweat because then they don’t get a good workout.

I didn’t know they flipped houses. I predict a sub-contractor assumed he had money.

by Anonymousreply 255May 15, 2021 9:27 PM

Do you guys really believe Rusty had anything to do with this? There had to be an easier opportunity than this where he would have hours or even days before he needed to involve police or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 256May 15, 2021 9:34 PM

I still am unable to understand something. Was the body there the whole time? If so, that has to point to the authorities doing Sweet FA about this case. Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 257May 15, 2021 9:38 PM

UNLESS, he needed dimwitted witnesses who confirmed his alibi as planned. That would require getting the husband to park the car in a shit neighborhood before transporting him home - drugged/dead and then keeping kids away from the car until he had time to ditch the body.

by Anonymousreply 258May 15, 2021 9:39 PM

r247, I thought Rusty was the surviving husband?

by Anonymousreply 259May 15, 2021 10:28 PM

Good, so our first piece of useful information from Alan's brother, that indicates it was foul play and that Alan died at the hand of another.

Now where he was killed will be interesting. Was he killed, his body dumped and then the car driven to the location where it was found. Or was Alan killed where the car was dumped and a second vehicle used to dump his remains?

by Anonymousreply 260May 15, 2021 10:43 PM

I called it.

by Anonymousreply 261May 15, 2021 10:50 PM

Maybe he died of natural causes.

by Anonymousreply 262May 15, 2021 11:04 PM

[quote] body has been out in the open since October? I doubt they will ever find a cause of death,

Wrong. The autopsy will find evidence (if any) of a gunshot wound, stabbing, blunt force trauma, strangulation etc. etc. They can find this even years after the death.

by Anonymousreply 263May 15, 2021 11:09 PM

R230

[quote]Probably natural causes. Maybe bitten by a rattle snake. Shit like that happens in Texas

But what the hell would he have been doing in the woods 20 miles from home at 6:30 in the morning when he had a conference call at home at 7-7:30? If he'd gone hiking rattlesnake bite would be a reasonable assumption, but not in this case

by Anonymousreply 264May 15, 2021 11:12 PM

He killed himself after watching Halston

by Anonymousreply 265May 15, 2021 11:14 PM

It would require at least two people to move a car and park it unnoticed. Somebody who pulls a sports car into a shit neighborhood and walks off would draw attention.

by Anonymousreply 266May 15, 2021 11:19 PM

If the husband was a DLer, I could assume he would panic if hubby was 15 minutes late. "MY MEAL TICKET HAS A 7 A.M. CONFERENCE CALL, AND HE IS NOT HERE! I WILL NOT GO BACK TO EATING BOLOGNA AT MOMMA'S HOUSE!!!"

by Anonymousreply 267May 15, 2021 11:23 PM

He was dumped in a wooded area with the car a mile distant. Drug deal or carjacking, do not see too many other plausible explanations.

by Anonymousreply 268May 15, 2021 11:38 PM

Look at the positive side, he's no longer missing.

by Anonymousreply 269May 15, 2021 11:40 PM

[quote]the husband presumably already panicky because he was already minutes past the 6AM ETA.

Was probably expecting him to return with drugs and got all coke-headed about it and freaked out?

by Anonymousreply 270May 15, 2021 11:45 PM

R243 thanks for recap. What a bizarre case.

Sounds like something on Dateline.

by Anonymousreply 271May 16, 2021 12:01 AM

This is house there they were living before Alan’s unfortunate and sad demise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 16, 2021 12:07 AM

Nice place

by Anonymousreply 273May 16, 2021 12:13 AM

I wonder if Rusty left a forwarding address for cops after he moved?

by Anonymousreply 274May 16, 2021 1:21 AM

Has anyone checked on Casey Anthony's whereabouts at the time?

by Anonymousreply 275May 16, 2021 3:50 AM

I don't kill anyone older than three

by Anonymousreply 276May 16, 2021 3:54 AM

THE BIDEN CRIME FAMILY HAD HIM KILLED!!!!

by Anonymousreply 277May 16, 2021 3:55 AM

Everyone here wants Rusty to be the murderer, but between the security cameras at his and Alan's home, the cameras on the streets (especially Inwood Road), and the short amount of time involved, there's hardly any way he could have done it.

r266, the area was known to the police as a place where cars were frequently dumped, apparently, so I don't know that there would have been many people noticing. Yes, though, I would assume someone dropped it off while someone else went with them with a second car so they could drive them away.

R257, we don't know if the body was there the whole time yet, but I would bet it was, and I would bet the cops weren't looking very hard (or at all) for Alan.

by Anonymousreply 278May 16, 2021 6:36 AM

[quote]...the area was known to the police as a place where cars were frequently dumped, apparently, so I don't know that there would have been many people noticing.

Certainly NOT the Dallas Police. Why would they bother actually policing a place known to them as a center for criminal activity? Their union would not let them go into a high-crime area such as that. And think how it would reduce the amount of shake-down cash they can make from career criminals.

by Anonymousreply 279May 16, 2021 11:42 AM

[quote]Sounds like something on Dateline.

Sounds like something on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 280May 16, 2021 11:49 AM

"Everyone here wants Rusty to be the murderer"

Could've hired it done, like O. J. did.

Except O. J. just wanted Nicole robbed, not murdered on the sidewalk with a Waiter.

by Anonymousreply 281May 16, 2021 1:40 PM

"carjackers... dumped it because it was too hot to move"

How soon was it found after the disappearance? And there should be fingerprints (and perhaps DNA) all over it, unless they always wore gloves when handling it.

Always lock your car doors as soon as you get into it. The other night I got into my car near work with seemingly no one around. Locked it, then someone suddenly walked past my window in the dark- bouncing a basketball.

by Anonymousreply 282May 16, 2021 1:58 PM

The car was found one week after Alan disappeared. Don’t know how long car was in that location, although likely since Alan’s disappearance. Car must have been wiped down, there was no evidence according to police.

by Anonymousreply 283May 16, 2021 2:14 PM

[quote] then someone suddenly walked past my window in the dark- bouncing a basketball.

"Bouncing a basketball"? Subtle racism.

by Anonymousreply 284May 16, 2021 3:31 PM

[quote] the area was known to the police as a place where cars were frequently dumped

This whole thing just screams car-jacking. Only a seasoned criminal would know to leave the car in that area. Rusty, or a Grindr hookup would not have known about that area.

He was car-jacked, probably fought back and was killed. He might have pulled out a handgun and they shot him.

by Anonymousreply 285May 16, 2021 3:43 PM

I agree with you, r285. The only thing I wonder about is leaving the car (relatively) close to the body. Wouldn't you want the car far away from the body? Or am I just overthinking this?

by Anonymousreply 286May 16, 2021 3:55 PM

In Chicago car-jackings have become almost commonplace. The criminals work in teams using two cars. They target high-end cars, especially SUV's, and usually only pick cars with just a driver, no passengers. They will use their two cars to box you in, often on a side street but sometimes at a traffic signal. Before you know it, someone with a gun appears at the driver's window forcing you out and demanding you hand over your keys, wallet and cell phone. Sixty seconds after it began, all three cars speed off and you're left standing there. The police advise it's not worth trying to fight them off since you're at risk of being shot by a nervous teenager with a gun. Your car will likely be found the next day, usually after it's been used for another carjacking, and often after it has been involved in an accident.

by Anonymousreply 287May 16, 2021 3:58 PM

What would a carjacker have gained? Alan’s credit cards haven’t been used and nothing was done to the car. No evidence it was used to commit other crimes.

Don’t know if Alan’s phone was found, I remember cops or family were trying to get the call records.

by Anonymousreply 288May 16, 2021 4:31 PM

Carjacking at 6 am? Aren't most thugs recovering from a night of drugs and mayhem at that hour?

by Anonymousreply 289May 16, 2021 5:09 PM

Your carjacking safety tip of the day...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290May 16, 2021 5:20 PM

Perhaps the last posts have helped me answer my biggest question, which is WHY did this guy rent/whatever a Porsche? Not something still nice but not so obvious? Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 291May 16, 2021 6:14 PM

R291, by that logic, no one would ever buy or rent a Porsche. People like nice things, and rarely imagine that they could be crime victims.

by Anonymousreply 292May 16, 2021 6:30 PM

I thought it was a loaner because his car was being repaired...?

by Anonymousreply 293May 16, 2021 6:53 PM

It was.

[quote]White was driving a black Porsche Macan, dealer plates 8F4792, a loaner car from Park Place Motors. A family friend said the dealership has not been able to trace the car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294May 16, 2021 7:03 PM

R294 I remain puzzled that a high-value repair garage loaner car apparently had no GPS installed.

Q: Dallas residents, is the area where the petrol station was located a particularly dangerous one? Odd, if so, that an 55 year old gay man in what appears in the video captures to be pink tank top and pink trainers (?) would choose to fuel a flashy automobile in a crap neighbourhood in the early hours. Most older gay men I know have a well developed sense of self-preservation.

by Anonymousreply 295May 16, 2021 7:12 PM

You wouldn't believe the careless arrogance of some queens, R295

"That won't happen to me."

by Anonymousreply 296May 16, 2021 8:26 PM

Dallas guy here The area around Racetrack is a little sketchy. Usually a few homeless people but not really dangerous.

Since Alan was lingering there and on his phone, I think he was spontaneously picked as a target. If he had left quickly and driven home, he may have been ok. I think it was an opportunistic carjacking of an expensive e Porsche and Alan fought back and was killed.

It’s unlikely that anyone but a car thrift would know the South Dallas area where car was found. The criminal(s) disposed of the body and left the car hoping someone else would steal it and be caught. It’s ironic that the car was ok.

I didn’t know Alan but it’s a sad ending.

by Anonymousreply 297May 16, 2021 8:59 PM

R296. How sad for you that its arrogant to feel safe from violence and possible death.

by Anonymousreply 298May 16, 2021 9:02 PM

This still makes no sense. The cops have information that would explain everything, or they didn't do their jobs and they don't know WTF happened and are going to try to bury it.

If you are being carjacked, you get out of the car and the perp drives away in it. Done. If Alan got killed resisting the carjacking OF A LONER CAR (which is hard to believe)... then someone should have seen or heard something. No one reports seeing or hearing a car jacking. And the car ought to have some evidence of the killing. Bullet holes? Scratches? Fingerprints? Blood? Hair? Something? Anything? The cops are lying about the car yielding no evidence, or this was not a car jacking gone bad.

If the Porsche really is clean, then Alan was abducted, taken to the secluded location, and murdered there. Otherwise, the cops should have found some evidence of foul play by now. After offing Alan, the perp(s) drove away in the Porsche and ditched it elsewhere. That would explain why it was close by. They wanted to get away from the location of the killing, but they also wanted to get away from the car that could be linked to the murder.

by Anonymousreply 299May 16, 2021 9:13 PM

Cheers R297 The act of fueling one's vehicle has always struck me as a moment of great public vulnerability, particularly at night and/or in an unfamiliar area. One is compelled to attend to the process outside for several minutes, fuss with one's wallet, cash or credit cards, and with one's keys, phone, and other valuables either in hand or readily available.

by Anonymousreply 300May 16, 2021 9:14 PM

^^ I agree.

What about video surveillance from inside the gas station shop? I don't believe this has been released.

by Anonymousreply 301May 16, 2021 9:22 PM

There is video of Alan in gas station. He walked around the store but left without buying anything.

by Anonymousreply 302May 16, 2021 9:23 PM

R289, If you're in a sketchy or sketchy adjacent area, early morning can be quite dangerous. At times you're dealing with people who have been up all night getting high, and looking to keep it going. Some of the most aggressive people I've dealt with have been early morning, but yes, things happen all times of the day.

by Anonymousreply 303May 16, 2021 9:24 PM

R303, adding to your statement - this was during covid when most places were ghost towns. Assholes were getting up to retarded shit because there were no witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 304May 16, 2021 9:29 PM

Alan would have given the loaner car up surely, if he'd of been carjacked? He had no attachment to the vehicle.

Unless, he was killed in the process of the jacking, but as has been said, there would be forensic evidence in the vehicle and the police say there was none.

The whole case is baffling.

by Anonymousreply 305May 16, 2021 9:49 PM

Most puzzling IMO is that security cameras didn't track this car across town. How difficult is it to review camera footage from the point of departure? .

by Anonymousreply 306May 16, 2021 9:55 PM

Statistically, carjackings almost always happen when a victim is either sitting in, or standing around, his parked vehicle. There was seemingly no evidence of this man encountering anyone at the petrol station -- Alan's next stop would be home?

If this was a for-profit carjacking, in process of which a murder was committed, why was the Porsche apparently cleaned of evidence? Some rando thug would just torch the vehicle vs. spending hours worrying about eliminating forensic evidence. Very peculiar. Am I missing something here?

by Anonymousreply 307May 16, 2021 10:08 PM

The posts above explain why I doubt it was a carjacking. It wasn’t his car and I can’t believe he would have defended it with his life.

I feel like he was texting/waiting for a text at the gas station and when it came through, he left. And I get the feeling that the family doesn’t want to talk about who he was texting because apart from the brother they aren’t and haven’t been saying anything.

by Anonymousreply 308May 16, 2021 10:10 PM

I agree R308. The whole thing is weird.

by Anonymousreply 309May 16, 2021 10:27 PM

Neither his husband nor his biological family is under any obligation to hold press conferences and briefings for the armchair detectives.

Imagine being the widow husband: nothing he says can satisfy the audience. He didn't cry enough; he cried too much. He looked guilty; he was trying not to look guilty; why if he's so distressed didn't he speak to the press earlier? He looked too sad, like he was hiding something.. He looked too happy, why wasn't he sadder?

by Anonymousreply 310May 16, 2021 11:16 PM

My gratuitous theory is drugs/robbery.

Fancy gay apres gym texting from gas station in sketchy neighborhood. Not texting Rusty apparently since he didn't know where Alan was. Waiting on a drug deal. Lots of guys on the apps are up early (all night) and sell drugs. Desperate twacked out methhead robbed and killed Alan.

A bit over a year ago a person in my neighborhood was dealing meth. She had just purchased her home and moved in a couple months before. I walk my dog early, around 6 am.. Expensive cars and trucks would drive up and ask me where such and such address was. This happened repeatedly. These were mostly well groomed affluent people. Out of morbid curiosity I started walking near her (a middle aged woman's) house more. People were stopping at her house and running in and out in a minute or two. Drugs. The dealer lady would occasionally be outside acting like a crazy bitch in her own front yard, talking to herself and generally behaving strangely. At 5 to 6:30 am.

People falsely believe only trashy rednecks do drugs. Lots of professionals prefer the buzz of meth to that of coffee in the morning.

How do I know it's meth? Another early morning dog walker, a woman in her 80s, from my neighborhood stopped me one morning, and talked about the cars at the neighbor's house. She then produced a small baggie of white crystalline powder. She said, "I figure this is the drugs she is selling." I told her it's meth. She said she found it on the sidewalk outside drug dealing woman's house. She called the police and gave them the meth and told them about crazy drug dealing lady.

The problem was solved when drug dealing woman died probably of an overdose in her house last August. Her house appears abandoned. There's still a light on inside and it appears untouched. There are really nice plantings in the front yard and I've fantasized about going and digging them up for my own yard. Her shed is unlocked and I went inside last month. There are tools and a box of photos, probably of her attending some trade school in the 1970s or early 80s, and some family photos. Nobody has claimed the house or the property inside.

by Anonymousreply 311May 16, 2021 11:17 PM

R311, only because this is the internet and nobody can blame me....

My mother, a hardcore gardener, always said that plants belong to god and shouldn’t be bought or sold. Instead, they should be stolen or given.

Dig up those plants and replace them with annuals.

by Anonymousreply 312May 16, 2021 11:32 PM

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I guess I didn't know what carjackings were about. I thought it was about stealing a car, taking it to a chop shop, and having it reworked and sold. I didn't realize it was about simply robbing the driver.

At any rate, this is very sad. Sounds like he was a genuinely nice guy who was loved by many. I still think it could be a cop who did it. I guess we will soon find out.

by Anonymousreply 313May 16, 2021 11:54 PM

R310, it’s not that they owe us anything, but that families and law enforcement commonly use media to bring visibility to these cases. There was pretty much nothing said beyond the original interview and it seemed almost like no one was looking all that hard. Just very odd.

I don’t think it was Rusty or anything, but I do think there is something they feel bad about and they don’t want to discuss. Leaning towards drugs or a hookup personally. People can be very judgmental about those topics, and the family might know or suspect that one or both were involved and just don’t want to go there.

by Anonymousreply 314May 16, 2021 11:57 PM

[quote]Statistically, carjackings almost always happen when a victim is either sitting in, or standing around, his parked vehicle.

This goes back to another thread here about lots of people just randomly sitting in their cars. It's not a very safe practice.

by Anonymousreply 315May 17, 2021 12:10 AM

[quote]R299 This still makes no sense. The cops have information that would explain everything, or they didn't do their jobs and they don't know WTF happened and are going to try to bury it.

They’re not burying it. Are you aware how many unsolved murders happen in the U.S.? It’s not like a TV show where everything gets tidily solved in an hour.

Honestly, sound like a conspiracy theorist.

by Anonymousreply 316May 17, 2021 12:50 AM

The key seems to be what Alan was doing on his phone at gas station. Presumably his phone and SIM card are destroyed, but can’t cops get records from phone company? At least a log of calls or texts.

by Anonymousreply 317May 17, 2021 2:17 AM

If he was carjacked there should be CCTV footage showing two person in the car, or AN Other driving it.

by Anonymousreply 318May 17, 2021 2:38 AM

R283 / R284 I nominate “Was he bouncing a basketball?” or “he was bouncing a basketball” as new Datalounge standard classics.

by Anonymousreply 319May 17, 2021 2:55 AM

Alan White's body has been found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320May 17, 2021 3:20 AM

In other news:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 17, 2021 4:04 AM

Did you just wake up from a long nap?

by Anonymousreply 322May 17, 2021 4:10 AM

R322, no. But the news item turned up in my Yahoo feed tonight, and I knew of the DL thread (although I'd never read it). I checked the latter portion of the thread, and there was no mention of the discovery. As late as R294, there was a link which stated he was still missing, so I thought it hadn't been noticed yet. So I posted it.

Apologies. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 323May 17, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote]Alan would have given the loaner car up surely, if he'd of been carjacked? He had no attachment to the vehicle.

[quote]It wasn’t his car and I can’t believe he would have defended it with his life.

I think that in the moment he wouldn’t be thinking, oh it’s just a loaner I won’t fight. I think his first thought and most people’s would be, someone is trying to take my stuff. Instinct since were kids playing with toys is, this is mine and you can’t have it!

by Anonymousreply 324May 17, 2021 4:23 AM

Mmmm, self preservation usually takes over r324. Not, this my toy.

by Anonymousreply 325May 17, 2021 4:52 AM

Um, I've been robbed, and at gun point. You do not act or think how you think you're going to. It's very split second.

I obviously have no idea what happened here. They only thing I can say from scanning through these posts that is odd, is him going into the convenience store, but not buying anything. It happens, but it is sort of out of the norm.

Again, I do not know what happened in this exact scenario, but if you go inside a gas station to avoid a disturbing person outside, do not just go into get away from them, tell the person working the counter. They know way more than you think about dealing with that sort of person. If you are in a sketchy neighborhood, they are likely armed, and know exactly how to deal with that shit. Do not ever hesitate to ask for back up. The people working in those stores know exactly what you are talking about, and don't want it any more than you do.

by Anonymousreply 326May 17, 2021 4:58 AM

^^ You need to be really sure this is a very serious. The lamest you make this, you take away from those who really are in danger. Do not go those people with feeble worries. The people working the counter are not your personal security. Do not ever take it for granted.

by Anonymousreply 327May 17, 2021 6:48 AM

[quote]I don’t think it was Rusty or anything, but I do think there is something they feel bad about and they don’t want to discuss. Leaning towards drugs or a hookup personally.

I agree that either of those things seems likely to be the factor that led to his death, R314. Drugs or sex. And both things happen at that time of day. For those saying Alan didn't have time for a hookup before his meeting. Of course he had time, not for a first date at a nice restaurant, not for a slow, sexy morning of love making, but sex apps at that time of day are very busy with people looking for a quick blowjob, a fast fuck with the pants and shoes never coming off. Maybe the two married.men had a nice, normal loving life - that includes separate gyms and separate pursuits of sex within certain parameters. It wouldn't be the first instance. And the out of character gaps in Alan's career before the KPMG job? Maybe there's a perfectly good explanation; maybe it had something to do with drugs.

And maybe both of those possibilities are wrong on this case, but the easiest, simplest explanations need to be disproven before they are dismissed.

To guess...he was texting to arrange a quick drug deal or quick sex, moving from the RaceTrack parking lot to another adjacent, and somewhere in his his texting met with people who wanted his car or money or both. And they killed him.

How quick would you be if your husband disappeared and months later was found dead; if people were quick to say that he was your meal ticket; that evidence pointed to plans for a sex hookup or drug deal that landed him dead? Not sure I would rush to have a press conference on my lawn.

by Anonymousreply 328May 17, 2021 8:55 AM

I don’t think a minor employment gap for a high-paid professional is unusual. Alan’s resume is no longer on LinkedIn, but I believe there were 3 or 4 months before the KPMG job. Things happen at the level - acquisitions, different bosses, changing (and high) expectations.

I doubt the 7an call was about performance. More likely overseas or Easy Coast time.

by Anonymousreply 329May 17, 2021 7:20 PM

We still don't know why Alan drove out of his way to this gas station.

Was he meeting a hook up there? Did the guy cancel via text and Alan was texting him back in the surveillance vid? Why was he there?

by Anonymousreply 330May 17, 2021 7:27 PM

Good points r328. I know I’ve had a guy drop by my place for a quick blow and go. 10-15 mins. And yes, I am a huge whore.

by Anonymousreply 331May 17, 2021 7:28 PM

R329 again . When you are making $200K to $250K as a Managing Director at KPMG, you don’t just walk across the street and get a similar job at McDonalds or Homi Depot.

by Anonymousreply 332May 17, 2021 7:47 PM

[quote]R329 I don’t think a minor employment gap for a high-paid professional is unusual... Things happen at the level - acquisitions, different bosses, changing (and high) expectations.

The Widow Rusty may have had a fibromyalgia flare up that rendered him tender to the touch, requiring in home assistance from hubs for a time (?)

by Anonymousreply 333May 17, 2021 9:48 PM

Alan’s going into the convenience store and not buying anything says to me that he was stalling for time.

He was probably waiting for a reply to his text and didn’t want to wait outside or inside of his car as the area was sketchy.

It was a hookup or drug deal that went south for poor Alan.

by Anonymousreply 334May 17, 2021 10:18 PM

R334 I believe you are correct. His stalling/dawdling at the gas station, (plus his untimely demise obviously) lead me to think it was a hook up or drug deal gone awry.

I want to add that a few years ago, my spouse left his ridiculously high-paying c-suite job on a whim and incorrectly assumed that he’d pick up a new c-suite position within a month or two. Wrong. It was two years before he found another svp position. While he was searching for a new job, a firm very similar to KPMG offered him a managing director job. The pay sucked, the job requirements weren’t really rigid (and you can “buy-in” to get a position as a partner right off the bat). Apparently these firms hire executives who are desperate, older (45+), or semi-retired, but have good contacts and are willing to trade a decent bonus and salary for a slick-sounding job title and a steady paycheck with health insurance. Spouse decided to keep looking and finally found another svp job with plenty of perks.

What’s my point? Joining as a Managing Director at a big firm like KPMG can be a superficial, desperate attempt to stay afloat/stay relevant if you have a spotty, sketchy CV.

by Anonymousreply 335May 17, 2021 11:15 PM

Since his niece was visiting, he might have been trying to score some pot to show he was a “hip” uncle.

He got into something over his head.

by Anonymousreply 336May 17, 2021 11:26 PM

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 337May 17, 2021 11:30 PM

Was his nephew Traylor staying too?

by Anonymousreply 338May 17, 2021 11:46 PM

I have not heard about a nephew. Perhaps they were planning a 3 way after the early conference call?

by Anonymousreply 339May 17, 2021 11:48 PM

So will the cause of death be made public?

by Anonymousreply 340May 17, 2021 11:55 PM

I think the niece was an alibi for Rusty

by Anonymousreply 341May 17, 2021 11:56 PM

How much money does one need to offer in Dallas for someone to snitch on the car jackers. It’s never going to be solved otherwise....

by Anonymousreply 342May 18, 2021 1:34 AM

R330 Actually we do know the likely reason why Alan went to a different gas station.

I can't find any links now, because all the latest search results are articles about Alan's body being found. But I remember reading an article not long after his disappearance that Alan went to this Racetrac because he was avoiding a major car accident near his usual gas station that's more directly on the route between his gym and home.

by Anonymousreply 343May 18, 2021 2:25 AM

The reward is still $50K

Guess Rusty couldn’t cough up any more money from sale of $2M house

by Anonymousreply 344May 18, 2021 2:45 AM

R344 reward is only $20K.

by Anonymousreply 345May 18, 2021 2:48 AM

That isn't the way it works, R342, anywhere. You don't snitch. The only time that exists are someone really disconnected from the initial crime, and knows how to keep it very quiet. That part rarely exists. You will be called into trial, and / or your name will become known to people you do not want to know you were the one who told. That is why a lot of these crimes go unsolved. The only other scenario is you collect the money and know how to use it go missing for the rest of your life. Most people do not know how to do that.

by Anonymousreply 346May 18, 2021 4:12 AM

Rusty is involved.

by Anonymousreply 347May 18, 2021 4:41 AM

With a new meal ticket?

by Anonymousreply 348May 18, 2021 5:30 AM

Where was Joel when all this was going down?

That has not been explained, yet Rusty is catching all this shit from you people.

by Anonymousreply 349May 18, 2021 11:21 AM

Who the fuck is Joel?

by Anonymousreply 350May 18, 2021 11:44 AM

Dateline is spreading the word…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351May 18, 2021 12:32 PM

Dallasite here.

This case is bizarre. While carjacking is certainly a possible motive, I’m inclined it was something else.

A Porsche of the variety Mr White was driving isn’t at all uncommon here. Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s, Bentleys, etc aren’t an uncommon site here, and carjackings are extremely rare.

The area of Dallas he was last seen in is a neighborhood in transition, not a ghetto by any means. In fact, I nearly rented a townhome on Kimsey St., right behind that gas station, which was priced at nearly $3k a month, which isn’t cheap in Dallas.

I think he met up with the person he was texting and was killed by them.

by Anonymousreply 352May 18, 2021 12:49 PM

R343. I live in Dallas and there are many other big gas stations on his way home. He would not have to go this far away to avoid an accident.

by Anonymousreply 353May 18, 2021 1:52 PM

The posts above, indicating that Alan was stalling at the gas station and texting someone about a meetup for some purpose, are interesting. However, IF Alan had been texting the person who ultimately killed him, surely the cops can identify the owner of that phone account even if the phone was ditched? And, did the criminals get Alan's phone? Is that known? Or do criminal types have the ability to buy a phone, use it for illegal activities and ditch it, without any traceable link between any individual and the device? The cops should be able to use Alan's cell account to trace at least the whereabouts of any and all senders of texts to him up until the time that either (both) phone was destroyed. There HAS to be a lot of information about Alan's last hours that is known to the police but is not out in public, and I expect they would not be keeping Rusty up to speed on all that they know, since R might well have been involved in this.

by Anonymousreply 354May 18, 2021 1:53 PM

It seems likely that if he was communicating with someone about something like drugs or a hookup it would be through an app instead of just regular texting. That might make it harder to trace the records.

by Anonymousreply 355May 18, 2021 2:07 PM

Unfortunately we don't know if Alan was stalling at the gas station, that's just rumor based on someone who claims to have seen the full security footage.

by Anonymousreply 356May 18, 2021 2:13 PM

I thought Alan was thought to have gone to that RaceTrac because he was avoiding construction? It's on a thread around here, I'll try to find it, no luck so far.

The drive home from that RaceTrac is almost a straight shot on Inwood Road so it doesn't seem that weird to me that he'd use that station. Just stop there, get gas, turn right onto Inwood and go straight home.

by Anonymousreply 357May 18, 2021 2:17 PM

The reddit timeline says Alan may have been avoiding police blockades but it doesn't say what for. Was it an accident? I can't find anything in a search anywhere.

[quote]This gas station is not Alan's usual gas station and is not on the way to Alan's home. However, reportedly Rusty knew Alan was going to stop and get gas either before or after he went to the gym. Alan's family speculates on social media that Alan may have wanted to avoid police blockades and roadblocks he assumed would be on Lemmon Avenue as a result and that therefore he did not take his usual route down Lemmon Avenue when returning home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358May 18, 2021 2:24 PM

R353 Obviously we'll never know why, but as others posted at R357 and R358 there is believed to be an explanation for why Alan went to this particular gas station.

by Anonymousreply 359May 18, 2021 2:53 PM

It’s all speculation as to why he went to that gas station, there is no definitive reason given. However, a shooting occurred at a gas station on his normal route to and from the gym early that morning and some speculate he possibly went home a different way and used a different gas station to avoid that congestion due to police at the scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360May 18, 2021 4:35 PM

Thank you r360, now I understand why the shooting at the other gas station was mentioned in the timeline on Reddit, I just did not put that together but I get it now.

by Anonymousreply 361May 18, 2021 4:40 PM

R352 I am also inclined to believe this wasn't a carjacking. But… driving 30 mins, then having a quicky of 15 mins in a seedy part of town, then driving 30 mins back — He'd be way too late for his conference call.

by Anonymousreply 362May 18, 2021 5:27 PM

The stalling at RT and Churchs is something I would do if I was arranging a meetup. You exchange some details/expectations, swap pics if need be, an address to drive to, and off you go. It is there were Alan met his end. Later that day, or maybe at night, his remains were dumped at the wooded area, his car left somewhere else, with the keys inside, hoping someone would take it off their hands.

by Anonymousreply 363May 18, 2021 5:48 PM

^It all adds up, and the explanation that fits the circumstantial evidence is usually the correct one.

by Anonymousreply 364May 18, 2021 5:56 PM

Why would a hook up kill him unless it was a sick homo killer.

I'm going to put my money on drug score gone bad. Robbery and car was stolen to chop. Chop Master realised he had a hot car, returned it to killer who dumped it near Alan's body.

by Anonymousreply 365May 18, 2021 6:27 PM

R365 I tend to agree viz. a drug deal, the Murderous 6am Trick scenario seems pretty far fetched. If Alan had perhaps been struggling with a drugs problem it might explain why Rusty freaked out when Alan was only :15 late returning home...?

by Anonymousreply 366May 18, 2021 6:32 PM

Drug dealers, carjackers, muggers and the like don't go out of their way to hide bodies in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 367May 18, 2021 6:55 PM

R367, that’s a good point. Their priority is getting the hell out of there.

by Anonymousreply 368May 18, 2021 7:41 PM

[quote] It’s all speculation as to why he went to that gas station, there is no definitive reason given.

THIS is why he went to that gas station. Definitive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369May 18, 2021 8:05 PM

The whole case is just so odd.

If someone would truly want to make him disappear, never to be found, there are better ways to achieve this. Of course, we have no idea how his remains were found: Partially buried, out in the open?

I don't think the place where they found the body is where he died. I believe he died well before that, possibly days.

by Anonymousreply 370May 18, 2021 9:57 PM

So do we have a Coroner's report yet on cause of death?

by Anonymousreply 371May 18, 2021 10:55 PM

Why doesn't Rusty hire a psychic to find his husband's killer? I've seen numerous TV shows where a psychic was brought in and their information was able to lead police to the killer. I would have done this months ago.

by Anonymousreply 372May 18, 2021 11:28 PM

Obituary set up by his family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373May 18, 2021 11:54 PM

Interesting, R373. They say he "passed away on May 13, 2021 ". That is the date his body was found.

Also, lots of "family" pics, but not a single one of him with Rusty.

by Anonymousreply 374May 19, 2021 12:05 AM

Odd isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 375May 19, 2021 12:28 AM

OMG. I can’t believe the obit pics don’t include Rusty

Either the family is deep seated homophobic or they think Rusty did the crime.

by Anonymousreply 376May 19, 2021 12:42 AM

R376, it is possible that Rusty (a potential husband-killer per certain sites on the internet) doesn't want his image out there any more than it already is. The whole family may be very distressed at this point and not be thinking clearly about anything.

by Anonymousreply 377May 19, 2021 1:00 AM

Or there may be a rift between family and Rusty re proceeds from the sale of the house. Death + money nearly always flares tempers.

by Anonymousreply 378May 19, 2021 1:09 AM

Murder will stir up emotions as well.

I don’t think Rusty did it, but he likely has knowledge of Alan’s extracurricular activities which put him in harms way

by Anonymousreply 379May 19, 2021 2:50 AM

[quote]R371 So do we have a Coroner's report yet on cause of death?

Yes.

Cock to the back of the throat.

by Anonymousreply 380May 19, 2021 2:57 AM

The problem with proclamations like r364 is that we don't know if the security footage shows him stalling or texting. Someone who claims to have seen the footage told someone on Reddit that happened, but we do not actually know.

by Anonymousreply 381May 19, 2021 4:05 AM

Why does it say Alan passed away on May 13, 2021 on the obit?

by Anonymousreply 382May 19, 2021 4:06 AM

R374 / R375 / R376 / R377: There is a picture of Alan with Rusty in the obit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 19, 2021 4:09 AM

I was just coming to say the same thing r383, I don't think people recognized him with the beard.

by Anonymousreply 384May 19, 2021 4:13 AM

Rusty looks special.

by Anonymousreply 385May 19, 2021 4:28 AM

So we don't know the cause of death yet.

Let's see what the Coroner's report says. When will that be published?

by Anonymousreply 386May 19, 2021 6:19 AM

Does the cause of death always get published in America?

by Anonymousreply 387May 19, 2021 7:24 AM

Death by donkey dick!

by Anonymousreply 388May 19, 2021 7:49 AM

I wouldn’t read anything into that, R382. The family had to put something there and until a date of death is determined or approximated, the only thing they're sure of is when the body was found. It also jibes with the standard procedure.

When registering a death, if the date hasn’t yet been determined or approximated, the date the body is found is entered instead and noted as such.

by Anonymousreply 389May 19, 2021 7:54 AM

^^ I should point out that I wasn't suggesting that a death certificate had already been filed . . . only that the date his family used was in alignment with how it's done.

In TX, it can be up to ten days from the date of death or when a body is found, and another five to certify.

by Anonymousreply 390May 19, 2021 8:05 AM

I was wondering if that was the case r389, I assumed but I also wondered if there was some information out there that I had somehow missed.

It appears in Texas that some vital records can be withheld from the public if it's deemed necessary so I half suspect we won't get a cause of death released on this.

by Anonymousreply 391May 19, 2021 9:57 AM

Keith Morrison will interview every member of the family but Rusty, then at the end of the show we will see Rusty in his prison finery.

by Anonymousreply 392May 19, 2021 10:00 AM

I wonder if Dateline makes the family say "He could light up a room"?

by Anonymousreply 393May 19, 2021 10:01 AM

Rusty kept to himself.

by Anonymousreply 394May 19, 2021 10:03 AM

Rusty could not light up a room. There is the motive.

by Anonymousreply 395May 19, 2021 10:07 AM

[quote]Rusty could not light up a room. There is the motive.

Who knows anything about Rusty? Or Alan? Always with the thin frozen smile of someone who wonders if he is an imposter and what he is doing there, the same unwavering face for decades.

by Anonymousreply 396May 19, 2021 10:44 AM

[quote]Who knows anything about Rusty? Or Alan? Always with the thin frozen smile of someone who wonders if he is an imposter and what he is doing there, the same unwavering face for decades.

And with his hillbilly roots and fat, nondescript siblings, he was never going to be a Dallas A-Gay...

by Anonymousreply 397May 19, 2021 1:36 PM

Could a gang of Dallas A-Gays have removed him from their midsts?

by Anonymousreply 398May 19, 2021 2:20 PM

How do you know that is him, R383?

by Anonymousreply 399May 19, 2021 2:46 PM

Oh Jesus, as though Dallas A-Gays had any power, and as if their closets were quite clean of embarrassing relatives who would never have been invited to the tacky clubhouse.

by Anonymousreply 400May 19, 2021 3:58 PM

The bowtie in the photo tells me exactly what happened here.

by Anonymousreply 401May 19, 2021 4:49 PM

Oh, for fuck's sake, there are no Dallas A-Gays. Los Angeles A-Gays, yes. New York City A-Gays, yes.

But not in Dallas. None. Just Texans.

by Anonymousreply 402May 19, 2021 8:21 PM

So we may never know if this was a suicide or a homicide, if the cause of death isn't released?

by Anonymousreply 403May 19, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote]I was just coming to say the same thing [R383], I don't think people recognized him with the beard.

The beard is the woman in the middle, right?

by Anonymousreply 404May 19, 2021 8:42 PM

Probably not a suicide. 15 minutes walk through a sketchy hood with no sidewalks, just to hang yourself in a sad little forest?

by Anonymousreply 405May 19, 2021 9:25 PM

He was hanged? Has that been officially reported? Where did you get that info?

More importantly, was he hung?

by Anonymousreply 406May 19, 2021 9:28 PM

R405 You need to stop smearing your cunt juice all over something that happens across the Atlantic. We get it serial killing turns you on. It happens when you live in Douche-land for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 407May 19, 2021 9:32 PM

Unusual choice of cover photo for the obituary. He has a visible bulge while riding a giant plastic donkey

by Anonymousreply 408May 19, 2021 9:33 PM

R403, it appears that under Texas law autopsies are public records. It also seems (just off the top of my head) that it must be illegal for officials to withhold basic information about the commission of a murder from the public. I can see withholding specific information while you are conducting an investigation, but not withholding the fact that a murder has occurred.

by Anonymousreply 409May 19, 2021 9:35 PM

R409 Thank you.

I just found it odd that I hadn't read anywhere, something to the effect of ' Dallas police launch homicide investigation after grizzly discovery in a S Dallas wood' type news headline.

Everything seems pretty muted since Alan's body was found. I'm surprised that there's been no quick follow up of the discovery of Alan's body with an appeal for witnesses by the police. "Were you in the area of....and did you notice any unusual activity" type appeal.

by Anonymousreply 410May 19, 2021 9:42 PM

Who'll play Alan in the Lifetime movie?

by Anonymousreply 411May 19, 2021 9:59 PM

I'm available.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412May 19, 2021 10:18 PM

Scarlett Johansson IS Alan.

by Anonymousreply 413May 19, 2021 11:08 PM

R399 Because I've been following Alan's story since the first DL thread on his disappearance. You can compare the image I posted from the obit at R383 to Rusty in the video footage in this news article. Same man, just in suit and beard in the photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414May 19, 2021 11:28 PM

Who is being cast in the Lifetime movie?

by Anonymousreply 415May 20, 2021 12:07 AM

R408, it just shows him having fun because that’s how his family wants people to remember him. As for his ‘bulge’, that’s just age. I’m four years older than the deceased and I always show bulge, because my junks hangs low thanks to age & gravity.

by Anonymousreply 416May 20, 2021 12:08 AM

Maybe the family posted pic of Rusty with beard so they get credit and nobody recognizes him

by Anonymousreply 417May 20, 2021 2:43 AM

Who plays Rusty? Is Princess Diana screaming queen booked?

by Anonymousreply 418May 20, 2021 2:55 AM

Lots of pics on the obit site, but only one tribute.

Was Alan not liked or something?

by Anonymousreply 419May 20, 2021 7:04 AM

The circumstances of his death and all the questions surrounding it, probably make it awkward to leave comments under his obit. I personally wouldn't know what to say.

by Anonymousreply 420May 20, 2021 7:36 AM

R406 - No, no — I was merely speculating

R407 - Time’s up, gramps. Step into the light. Or a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 421May 20, 2021 7:40 AM

I find that "he had a hot ass but he couldn't live forever" works in most situations, regardless of the cause of death. Grieving families always seem to take great comfort in it even though they know it's a lie.

by Anonymousreply 422May 20, 2021 7:42 AM

Suicide???? Didn't Alan and Rusty have matching Chihuahuas? If so that man had something to live for.

by Anonymousreply 423May 20, 2021 7:47 AM

[quote] Was Alan not liked or something?

R419, his Instagram site has 122 followers: the more than fair share of buxom slutty types who follow any man on IG, a good many realtors, some other real estate and boat sales businesses, and of the rest a lot of them have very low activity and often private accounts.

Of the 138 accounts he followed, quite a few are celebrities of some sort, more realtors and home design and allied vendors, and some from the above group (less the whorey women.)

He has just 8 posts so that doesn't give much of a glimpse, all his text has an impersonal tone as if not aimed toward anyone.

by Anonymousreply 424May 20, 2021 7:56 AM

That's accountants for you R424

by Anonymousreply 425May 20, 2021 9:43 AM

R422 Thank you for that.

I spaced up my cornflakes reading that!

by Anonymousreply 426May 20, 2021 9:44 AM

The Instagram account of Mr. White.

Under the #Tags tab, there's a post from the Truecrimesociety, of Elmhurst, Ilinios [sic], which draws a parallel to another case and touts its podcast which you can chase by following the links. I consolidated the post into 2 paragraphs:

[quote]Have you heard of the cases of missing executives Alan White and Jake Cefolia? Two men, unknown to each other, vanished from different states last year. But the parallels are fascinating. Both men were last seen on CCTV putting gas in their luxury vehicles and then they vanished into thin air. Alan’s Porsche was found abandoned about a week later in an area ‘known to police’. The keys were inside but his phone and bag have never been recovered. Jake’s Range Rover was found abandoned near a forest preserve - did he enter the wooded area and never come back?

[quote]And then interestingly, both men had their homes sold via Power of Attorney even though they remain missing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427May 20, 2021 10:31 AM

I poked around Google Maps on the streets near the wooded area behind the college where Alan was found, and it doesn't in the least look like a hookup spot. There's a road called Bishop College Drive that goes past the wooded area, and Kitty Street (where the car was found) to Bishop College Drive next to the wooded area is basically a straight shot, very easy to get from one to the other.

I'd say whoever did this expected both to be found, the car was in an area known to police, and Alan was near a college.

by Anonymousreply 428May 20, 2021 10:55 AM

[quote]"We’re relieved in a lot of aspects but we’re also not relieved if that makes sense," said Alan White's brother, Tim White. "A good emotion because we found him, a bad emotion because it makes the finality of it complete. I do believe someone is obviously responsible for our brother’s final demise."

[quote]"We do want someone to come forward. Someone out there knows something. Maybe finding his body will be that extra push to get someone to come forward and speak out and bring whoever did this to justice," said his brother Tim. "Alan was very loving, very giving. He would do anything for anybody and that’s what makes it kind of hard for me to fathom why someone took his life."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429May 20, 2021 10:56 AM

Our brother’s final demise? Does he mean the murderer?

by Anonymousreply 430May 20, 2021 11:04 AM

I'm guessing the cops have asked them to not speculate much in the press. Alan's brother sure seems like he has more he wants to say.

by Anonymousreply 431May 20, 2021 11:21 AM

In every fucking picture of Alan, he has the same frozen expression on his face. It's so striking and so very strange.

by Anonymousreply 432May 20, 2021 12:24 PM

'Obviously responsible'

Well no it's not obvious, since we don't have a Coroner's report. Alan could of died of natural causes, suicide or murder. We just don't know at this point, so it's far from obvious. Unless you wanna tell us bro?

by Anonymousreply 433May 20, 2021 2:20 PM

^ Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 434May 20, 2021 2:26 PM

He says he believes it, r433, it's obviously opinion, not sure why you're being a bitch about it.

by Anonymousreply 435May 20, 2021 2:40 PM

R433: The quote is, "[bold]I do believe[/bold] someone is obviously responsible."

From my reading, a statement that begins "I believe..." is clearly one of opinion.

And natural causes? suicide? Obviously they are possible, but they don't seem very fucking likely. A man, after leaving for the gym at 4.45AM who was expected back to his house for a phone meeting at 7AM is last seen shortly after 6AM getting gasoline for his car, dawdling inside the gas station without making a purchase, and apparently on his phone for much of this time messaging or using data. Seven months later the man is found dead, 15.5 miles from the gas station, his body about a mile from where his car had been found shortly after the disappearance.

It's certainly not impossible, but who goes to the gym at that hour, fills his car with gas, texts or checks the Asian markets or whatever he was doing, then drives 15.5 miles to a dead-end unpopulated street in a dodgy part of town leaves his car with the keys inside but disposes of or hides his phone and gym bag, and somehow lands a mile away dead at some point? Whether by self-harm or natural causes, that just doesn't seem a plausible.

by Anonymousreply 436May 20, 2021 3:00 PM

R436 = Alan's brother

by Anonymousreply 437May 20, 2021 3:54 PM

I don't get it r437, earlier you were saying that this quote from Alan's brother was basically our first piece of useful information because it indicated foul play, now you're crabbing about what he said because it doesn't mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 438May 20, 2021 4:13 PM

R437/R433: Not Alan's brother, not even on the same fucking continent, but if you're going to play at Miss Marpling, use a little fucking logic instead of mock outrage and drama.

by Anonymousreply 439May 20, 2021 4:23 PM

Some sensitive sleuths in here.

Anyway. So far we have zero information on Alan's death. So all your wild speculation is just that.

Wild and speculative.

by Anonymousreply 440May 20, 2021 7:06 PM

[quote] Wild and speculative.

Oh, smell you. WTF do you think constitutes 'pointless bitchery' if it's not wild and generally uninformed speculation?

We don't know... but we go on!

by Anonymousreply 441May 20, 2021 7:18 PM

WW R441

by Anonymousreply 442May 20, 2021 8:17 PM

Is the coroner required to publish their report right away?

If it’s foul play, it might be advantageous for police to have inside information. For example, if Alan was shot they might be able to search Rustys home,,,,wherever he is living now.

by Anonymousreply 443May 21, 2021 1:30 AM

Alan and the Widow Rusty should be stripped of their A-Gay status.

They have given us a completely uninteresting murder without a scintilla of glamour or passion.

by Anonymousreply 444May 21, 2021 1:42 AM

Why would he work out and fill up the gas tank if he were planning to commit suicide afterwards? That makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 445May 21, 2021 1:59 AM

Rusty and Alan probably qualified as A gays, but I don’t they cared. Didn’t seem like a pretentious couple.

by Anonymousreply 446May 21, 2021 2:03 AM

R445, there are examples of people doing "everyday" things before committing suicide....that said, I don't think this particular case was a suicide

by Anonymousreply 447May 21, 2021 2:29 AM

In what universe does a KPMG manager qualify as an "A list gay"? Even in Dallas, that's a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 448May 21, 2021 2:33 AM

Alan was a Managing Director at KPMG, not just a manager. That’s an extra $100K in salary.

by Anonymousreply 449May 21, 2021 3:05 AM

So no cause of death yet?

I wonder if Rusty and Alan were swingers?

by Anonymousreply 450May 21, 2021 9:56 PM

Since we have no cause of death, has anybody considered the possibility that Alan disappeared, and Rusty was in on it? We know next to nothing. Therefore, it's possible Alan drove the car to the location where it was found, got his things, and left. For reasons unknown. That could be why the niece was at the house, to give Rusty an alibi. Rusty knew Alan was disappearing. Now, Alan turns up dead near where the car was found. We don't know where Alan has been. But because of this, maybe Alan returned to where he left the car and took his own life (if the coroner's report finds that Alan died recently). There is too much unknown about this. Either the police are complete idiots, or somebody knows what happened. Did the police interview the clerk at the gas station? I've been following this thread and the amount of unknown details is maddening. The above is just speculation. It's not even a conclusion. But Jesus Christ, what is with the secrecy and mystery, and the withholding of information? Was a search for Alan ever undertaken? Something's not right, and hasn't been since the morning Alan disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 451May 22, 2021 12:47 AM

The answer can be found in the world of Faye Resnick.

by Anonymousreply 452May 22, 2021 12:53 AM

If Rusty was in on it he hired a hit.

by Anonymousreply 453May 22, 2021 12:57 AM

R453 That makes sense really. Rusty wants to leave, or perhpas Alan wants to leave, but there is no way Rusty is moving on without 'his' money. In any seriously $-discordant relationship, the one without money is always the most dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 454May 22, 2021 1:10 AM

R451, it’s very inappropriate for the police to release information about an ongoing investigation. And they’ve just found the body. Dallas has a rapidly rising murder rate; the coroner probably has a lot of work to do.

by Anonymousreply 455May 22, 2021 1:16 AM

No, its not irresponsible to release more info if it can help the public to come forward with any pertinent information. There's been none of this after the initial vids.

by Anonymousreply 456May 22, 2021 1:24 AM

I find it surprising that the Dallas Police haven't made an appeal for witnesses fresh off of the discovery of Alan's body.

Surely, they would have used the publicity surrounding finding Alan's remains to appeal to the public to come forward with any sightings they may have of Alan or the vehicle.

A Coroner's report should also give an indication of when Alan died, where he died and what from. Surprised, that information isn't in the public domain yet.

by Anonymousreply 457May 22, 2021 1:44 AM

R451 agree this case is so frustrating and engaging at the same time. So many unexplained pieces that don’t fit together

I think Rusty hired a hit man and niece was an alibi. His frantic behavior after Alan wasn’t early to his con call also seems like a potential alibi. Theoretically how could Rusty commit the crime if he was immediately phoning police, family, retracing Alan’s route home, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 458May 22, 2021 3:30 AM

[quote]has anybody considered the possibility that Alan disappeared, and Rusty was in on it?

Read the threads, that's all anyone ever says! We're almost done with Part 3 and you think no one has suggested this???

The problem is that it's just the assholes and drama queens who want it to be Rusty, there's almost no chance it could have been him. The timeline is too small and the GPS in his phone, his phone calls, and the security cameras at his house and along the route have surely pinpointed his location the whole time.

That's why someone is now trying to sell us on this being the work of a hit man.

by Anonymousreply 459May 22, 2021 3:37 AM

A hit man would not have bothered to hide the body any more than a carjacker or drug dealer would have. No one half-way professional would risk being caught dragging a dead body. And if Rusty's goal was to get his hands on as much $ or property as possible, surely he wouldn't have wanted the body hidden. He'd have wanted it found immediately, so everyone would know Alan was dead. Delaying discovery of the body would just give Alan's family more time to become suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 460May 22, 2021 3:52 AM

R459. No one here is trying to sell shit, frau cunt,

by Anonymousreply 461May 22, 2021 4:35 AM

So we're thinking that this was an amateur job?

Gun discharges in an attempted car jacking. Car jacker panics, search area for suitable drop off spot and dumps Alan's body in secluded woodland, before dumping car elsewhere and getting accumplis to pick him/her up from the site where Alan's car was dumped?

by Anonymousreply 462May 22, 2021 4:54 AM

OK, Alan is buying coke or meth and agrees to meet his dealer in the sketchy part of town.

Gets into dealer’s car to make the transaction because the dealer doesn’t want to be spotted handing shit off in public.

Dealer drives down to secluded area. Kills Alan with a gun or with a stun gun followed by garrote? Dealer drags body into the woods and keeps phone/gym bag/keys.

This would explain why there is no evidence in the car.

by Anonymousreply 463May 22, 2021 4:55 AM

There was a ccumplis??

by Anonymousreply 464May 22, 2021 5:03 AM

[R459] I have read all the threads. I also have a life that occupies some part of my brain after gay porn and The Rolling Stones 1972 American Tour (not much, I admit). There is so much information, and it's gone on for so long.

by Anonymousreply 465May 22, 2021 5:11 AM

He's been dead long enough that the remains may or may not reveal either a cause of death or a roughly approximate time of death. If the remains are skeletal, and it was by stabbing or gunshot, and the the knife or bullet didn't nick a bone, we may never know more than the roughest approximation of the time of death. And the case is still under active investigation, so LE is not going to release anything anyway.

by Anonymousreply 466May 22, 2021 6:18 AM

I feel slightly bad for not caring more about Alan.

by Anonymousreply 467May 22, 2021 6:30 AM

Supposedly the niece said the interior of the car was wet, I think it's possible the car was cleaned or hosed down.

I think this is a case of an amateur screwing up a robbery, drug deal, or possibly a carjacking. Whoever did this seems to have gotten lucky when the cops shrugged the whole thing off.

by Anonymousreply 468May 22, 2021 9:46 AM

[quote]Supposedly the niece said the interior of the car was wet...

Yes, when Alan saw the gun, he pissed his pants.

by Anonymousreply 469May 22, 2021 11:39 AM

[quote] Supposedly the niece said the interior of the car was wet, I think it's possible the car was cleaned or hosed down.

Yes, but she also said it rained heavily the night of the disappearance and the car windows were open.

by Anonymousreply 470May 22, 2021 11:54 AM

This idiot left a Porsche outside all night in the rain with the windows open?

Don't you think if you had a Porsche, especially one for which you were responsible, but did not own, that you would take some extra steps to keep it safe and secure? If only to save yourself the expense of having it fixed? Lock the fucking Porsche!

These two guys both seem to be hot messes.

by Anonymousreply 471May 22, 2021 12:00 PM

It rained briefly on October 23rd then nothing until the 25th. The car was found on the 30th.

The police said the Porsche was found locked, I can't imagine it was locked but the windows were rolled down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472May 22, 2021 12:08 PM

Car found night of the 28th not on the 30th, sorry.

Brother says car was locked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473May 22, 2021 12:11 PM

[quote]This idiot left a Porsche outside all night in the rain with the windows open?

Why are you even on these threads? You're always dribbling on about "Alan is transitioning" or "he's in Witness Protection," I guess as jokes, but it's hard to tell because even when you're ostensibly serious, you say things like "Alan's face is always frozen in every photo," or you're giving out erroneous information about powers of attorney, real estate contracts, and death certificates.

You've been doing this since December. Who spends six months posting utter crap on a series of threads about a crime?

What is even your goal here? It's impossible to tell whether you're cognitively impaired or trolling. The only person who even notices you're doing this is me, and it's not like it'll affect my opinion any. You haven't derailed the thread successfully even once in the last six months, so why bother?

by Anonymousreply 474May 22, 2021 12:35 PM

[quote]I can't imagine it was locked but the windows were rolled down.

The people on Websleuths and Reddit speculate that there was a sunroof/moonroof, but no one knows for sure, and the niece didn't mention it when she talked about the car being wet inside and having muddy tires.

Since it didn't rain until the day after Alan went missing, the thinking seems to be that the car wasn't driven to Kitty Street until it rained, meaning it was hanging around somewhere for a day at minimum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475May 22, 2021 12:40 PM

We don’t know if the windows were open. The niece said the seats were wet and there was mud on the tires. If they were open then it was probably parked there before it rained. If they were closed then someone washed the car or it was raining when they got in and out which would have been in the days after he disappeared but not the day of.

by Anonymousreply 476May 22, 2021 1:14 PM

I wonder if the police will get any meaningful DNA out if the car, given that it was a loaner?

by Anonymousreply 477May 22, 2021 2:25 PM

Looking forward to the "Unsolved Mysteries" episode .

by Anonymousreply 478May 22, 2021 2:57 PM

DNA doesn't stick to loaner cars.

by Anonymousreply 479May 22, 2021 3:06 PM

The car’s GPS must have been disabled by whoever took the car. . Otherwise it wouldn’t have taken a week to find the Porsche. Interesting that the car was left in an area known for car thefts. Whoever left it there probably expected car would be stolen by someone else.

If this was a drug or sex deal gone bad, the criminal was certainly an expert at covering their tracks.

by Anonymousreply 480May 22, 2021 3:22 PM

R463

“Kills Alan with a gun or with a stun gun followed by garrote?”

This isn’t Boulder, Colorado. It’s Texas, honey.

by Anonymousreply 481May 22, 2021 3:56 PM

Well, some interesting new bits for us to ponder over:

1. iPhone was found in car

2. Police needed warrant to access said phone (apparently Rusty didn't know the code?)

3. Still not ruled a homicide as police is awaiting autopsy results - the remains are probably severely decomposed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482May 22, 2021 4:07 PM

I think he was involved in some shady financial deals and was murdered because of it. There's simply no way that he could have afforded a house in Dallas like that, along with the renovations, and a house in Provincetown on his and Rusty's salary. There was some other source of income that we don't know about.

by Anonymousreply 483May 22, 2021 4:39 PM

Pull something else out of your culo. I don't like that one.

by Anonymousreply 484May 22, 2021 4:42 PM

Why does it take cops 6 months to get warrants from phone company and apps? Report didn’t say if SIM card was taken from iPhone

by Anonymousreply 485May 22, 2021 4:53 PM

R485, local reporting can be imprecise. Part of this article just repeats reporting from January, so it’s not clear if the police now have records from Apple and the apps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486May 22, 2021 5:09 PM

Between the car and the phone shouldn't the police have been able to locate it quickly via GPS?

by Anonymousreply 487May 22, 2021 5:14 PM

Surprising Alan’s iPhone found in car. Surely an experienced criminal would have taken it from the scene.

by Anonymousreply 488May 22, 2021 5:22 PM

This looks like he might have had a heart attack during a drug-fueled hookup and they didn't want to call the cops because of the illegal nature of it, so they disposed of the car and the body.

by Anonymousreply 489May 22, 2021 5:27 PM

^Criminals are, generally speaking, astonishingly stupid folks.

by Anonymousreply 490May 22, 2021 5:28 PM

Why in the world would someone have carried him one mile from the car? If they had dragged him, that would have been pretty easy to tell and follow the trail. It seems much more likely that he himself walked that mile or the car was a lot closer to where he was and then IT was moved. It's a lot easier to move a car than it is a dead body. I don't know enough details about where the body was found to know whether it is plausible he walked there or not.

by Anonymousreply 491May 22, 2021 5:40 PM

R489, why bother hiding the body if he died from drugs, not murder? Why wouldn't they just get the hell out of there?

by Anonymousreply 492May 22, 2021 6:01 PM

R492, It would have happened in their house, so they couldn't get the hell out of there. They had to get rid of the body.

I think he hooked-up with someone who had something to lose if it all came out. Otherwise, they probably would have just called an ambulance or the police. A successful straight married man?

by Anonymousreply 493May 22, 2021 6:06 PM

It’s not unusual that Rusty evidently didn’t know passcode to Alan’s phone. Lots of people keep it private, particularly if they’re hooking up for drugs or sex.

by Anonymousreply 494May 22, 2021 8:13 PM

Alan's phone may have a face recognition lock on it, with an unknown pin to keep Rusty's prying eyes off of Alan's Grindr profile.

Did any Salads A gays hook up with Big SL when he was alive?

by Anonymousreply 495May 22, 2021 8:52 PM

..but a drug-infused hook-up at 6:15 in the morning, knowing you have a conference call in 45 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 496May 22, 2021 9:19 PM

Maybe it was a regular Fuckbuddy that was used to a blow and go.

Maybe the Fuckbuddy wanted more, Alan said no and the jilted fuckfriend pulled a gun.

Who knows until we get the post mortem report. We don't know if it was a gunshot, drugs overdose, stabbing, suspension or drowning that done Alan in.

by Anonymousreply 497May 22, 2021 9:49 PM

Another theory. Perhaps Alan was captured and killed quickly- for whatever reason. If the GPS on the Porsche was disabled, the car and body could have been moved later. That would have allowed time for culprits to figure out where to dump a body and car. I’m sure google search of areas for stolen cars in South Dallas would have turned up that location.

The body was probably left by the college first, then car driven to its location. If this happened at night it may not have raised suspicions. Cops were looking for car but hard to read license plates at night.

by Anonymousreply 498May 22, 2021 9:57 PM

How Awful About Alan

by Anonymousreply 499May 22, 2021 10:22 PM

Again, & not to put too fine a point on it, [R498], the police had a man reported missing. I should think a search would be undertaken. Not a nationwide net, but a local one. It gets dark every day after sunset. Surely the Dallas police have the budget to invest in night vision glasses, yes? I understand this wasn't the only incident that occurred that day. But with Rusty's alarm over Alan's absence, and the events still fresh, organizing a police search doesn't seem out of the question.

Like I said, I hope somebody tipped the cops the wink, and that's why there doesn't seem to be much momentum going on here. The search for Amelia Earhart seems to take precedence over the search for Alan.

by Anonymousreply 500May 22, 2021 10:47 PM

[quote] I hope somebody tipped the cops the wink

What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 501May 22, 2021 11:01 PM

That caught my eye, too, R501; it's British, and refers to giving information in secret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502May 22, 2021 11:07 PM

You'd think his car number plates would ping to the APNR cameras around Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 503May 22, 2021 11:10 PM

R483, if I’m not mistaken, there were a couple of family members who co-owned the house, Alan’s mom and his sister or cousin. That’s probably why they could afford the house, not unusual in high price areas.

by Anonymousreply 504May 22, 2021 11:36 PM

Alan and Rusty owned the home jointly, according to Dallas property records. Alan had a good income, and they probably rolled in profits from houses they previously flipped

The Dallas housing market has gone crazy the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 505May 22, 2021 11:43 PM

[quote]R497 Maybe it was a regular Fuckbuddy that was used to a blow and go. Maybe the Fuckbuddy wanted more, Alan said no and the jilted fuckfriend pulled a gun.

Had Alan given up the mussy, he’d be alive today.

by Anonymousreply 506May 23, 2021 12:11 AM

R500, no one is going to start a ground search for an unimpaired adult who was out of touch for four hours.

Under Texas law, only endangered children and adults who have been diagnosed with dementia/Alzheimer’s are afforded an immediate investigation. The police are required to act with due diligence on all other missing-person cases, and what constitutes “due diligence” is open to interpretation.

When a person is reported missing in TX, the police enter them into the state DPS clearinghouse. It has to be done within two hours of the report being filed. The criteria for the NCIC database weren’t met in this case, and everything else is specific to missing children and Alzheimer’s patients.

by Anonymousreply 507May 23, 2021 2:55 AM

[quote]Under Texas law, only endangered children and adults who have been diagnosed with dementia/Alzheimer’s are afforded an immediate investigation.

But Alan was elderly, doesn't that count?

by Anonymousreply 508May 23, 2021 3:10 AM

Funny how some of you arm chair sleuths seem to think the public info about the case is all the cops have and are wondering why the cops didn't do this or that.

We have no idea what else the cops have been doing to solve this case. They don't release a lot of information for many good reasons. For all we know, they already have some suspects in mind as well as evidence they haven't told the press about.

by Anonymousreply 509May 23, 2021 3:10 AM

[quote] The Dallas housing market has gone crazy the last few years.

Real estate prices everywhere have gone crazy lately.

by Anonymousreply 510May 23, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote]But Alan was elderly, doesn't that count?

55 may be elderly in Datalounge years, but is only middle-aged in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 511May 23, 2021 3:14 AM

Alan didn't drive to where his body was and then die from a snake bite or heart attack or OD!

Alan's last credit card transaction was 5:47 AM for the gas. He had to be home by 7:00 AM, with time to change for the Zoom call. There's not enough time for him to drive from the Race Trac on Inwood Road to Paul Quinn College where he was found. Per Google Maps that drive is 17 minutes minimum one way, up to 20 minutes depending on the route you take, and that's just to the front of the college, that doesn't include the extra time to drive to a wooded area behind the college and walk into the woods. The drive back past the Race Trac and to his home would be about 22-24 minutes. That's a minimum of 39 minutes driving.

There wasn't enough time to get back by 6:30 AM when he was expected, and probably not enough time to get back just in time for the Zoom at 7:00 AM.

by Anonymousreply 512May 23, 2021 12:12 PM

He had more time than you credit, R512.

5:47 am he was was at the gas station. From the gas station (not the Race Trac) to where car was found is a 10 minute drive, especially at that time of morning. That puts him there around 5:57am. He didn't have to be home until 6:55am for the 7:00 am call. He didn't have to change for the Zoom call, just throw a shirt on and it might not have been video enabled anyway. It's 15 minutes from where car found to his home., so he would have to leave by 6:40am. So 5:57am to 6:40am -- that leaves him nearly 45 minutes to do a lot of things: pick up drugs, have sex, etc.

by Anonymousreply 513May 23, 2021 1:28 PM

^Assuming his schedule was really constrained as Rusty has claimed, I just don't see the time being available for someone to engage in *either* thing, a drug buy or a quickie. And R509 is right, the cops on this case certainly know a lot about the circumstances that we don't know, and that Alan's family doesn't know. The cops aren't talking because they don't want the suspect to know their after him. Charging someone with murder is tough to do until the body is found, proving that the person is actually dead. That only happened a few days ago. There is lots going on in this case right now.

by Anonymousreply 514May 23, 2021 1:34 PM

^they're...

by Anonymousreply 515May 23, 2021 1:35 PM

Going through the timeline I see that the source who supposedly has seen the security videos says Alan lingers in the parking lot next to the Race Trac until 6:05 AM until he turns right and heads for the direction of home. If that's true then there's even less time for him to have done anything before going home.

by Anonymousreply 516May 23, 2021 1:45 PM

Perhaps Alan was secretly meeting with a divorce lawyer in the woods. The Widow Rusty followed, and mayhem ensued.

by Anonymousreply 517May 23, 2021 1:56 PM

I ignored the guy who was identified as making all the bad jokes on this thread but then r517 shows up and I realized there are two of them. R517 was asking what defined a "bad joke" earlier so I guess this is all deliberate.

The distracters are probably just bored dorks. I know Datalounge isn't as exciting as Reddit, where the threads about Alan White are commandeered by a guy who insists that because Alan was gay his murder must have been the result of a gay hook up with a black thug gone wrong. Just because we're not as exciting as obsessive compulsive homophobes doesn't mean you should just shit all over our threads out of spite, though.

by Anonymousreply 518May 23, 2021 2:08 PM

“Commandeered” is a very apt choice of words, R518. 😂

by Anonymousreply 519May 23, 2021 2:21 PM

R513 assumes he left the car there.

by Anonymousreply 520May 23, 2021 2:25 PM

[quote]r518 The distracters are probably just bored dorks.

Bored with this case, yes.

by Anonymousreply 521May 23, 2021 2:27 PM

Why r519, is that guy on Reddit military or something? Whoever he is I notice his theory is based on a series of stereotypes, but he also claims to have a police source telling him about fingerprint evidence and other pieces of knowledge that have not been released.

by Anonymousreply 522May 23, 2021 2:54 PM

Supposedly he was at the gas station at 6am, that 5:47 time in the video clock is likely wrong based on when the credit card was run at the pump at 6:01. Also it’s an awkward 20 min walk from where the car was found to where the body was found.

by Anonymousreply 523May 23, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote]55 may be elderly in Datalounge years, but is only middle-aged in the real world.

How many 110-year-olds do you know, r511?

by Anonymousreply 524May 23, 2021 2:59 PM

It would have to have been two or more people carrying him into the wooded area, which has houses and a college nearby, and where you'd have to carry someone through brush which has to be very difficult.

Maybe they lead him out there when he was alive and killed him at the spot where he was found.

by Anonymousreply 525May 23, 2021 3:02 PM

Just mapped the area from RaceTrack to Paul Quinn college. It’s 18 minutes each way for total of 36 minutes. This is on a weekend morning with no traffic.

No way Alan would risk going that far before a work call.

by Anonymousreply 526May 23, 2021 3:17 PM

Maybe he was hooking up with a college student, or someone pretending to be one.

by Anonymousreply 527May 23, 2021 4:15 PM

I wasn’t surprised that the str8s believed this on websleuths, but I can’t believe all the gays that think no one hooks up in the morning, and that 40 mins isn’t enough. It’s enough time, and it happens.

by Anonymousreply 528May 23, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]r528 I can’t believe all the gays that think no one hooks up in the morning, and that 40 mins isn’t enough time

Some of us wear hair curlers and cold cream to bed. So FUCK YOU!

by Anonymousreply 529May 23, 2021 4:43 PM

It might be the hookup thought 40 mins. wasn’t enough time, and mayhem ensued (?)

by Anonymousreply 530May 23, 2021 4:45 PM

Have they checked out all the sleazy slutty male whores who slutted and whored around the gas station?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531May 23, 2021 6:35 PM

If only this had happened in Cabot Cove, Jessica Fletcher would have already found the killer.

I think the killer was Jason Beghe, who was a trainer at Alan's gym. Rumor is that he and Alan were carrying on a hot and steamy affair behind Rusty's back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532May 23, 2021 7:17 PM

Columbo already solved this one. Robert Culp did it.

by Anonymousreply 533May 23, 2021 7:18 PM

I don’t think digging further into this will reveal anything good about anyone.

Let the dead rest with their (whorish, druggie) secrets.

by Anonymousreply 534May 23, 2021 7:36 PM

Maybe further digging will clear Rusty of all charges.

by Anonymousreply 535May 23, 2021 7:55 PM

R535 Rusty hasn’t been charged with any crime by the police

by Anonymousreply 536May 23, 2021 8:26 PM

Stop being stubborn about this R528, he was expected home by 6:30 and left the gas station a little after 6:00, there wasn't enough time.

I really don't trust this push to keep reminding people that gays hook up in the morning before work, it sounds like a straight person's stereotype, that of course if a gay is murdered it's because he was doing the gay sex or buying drugs because gays love drugs.

That's been happening this whole time. Alan was seen texting becomes Alan was hooking up. Alan having passwords on his electronics means he had fuckbuddies he was hiding from Rusty. Alan and Rusty going to different gyms meant they were fucking others on the side in the locker room. It's dumb.

by Anonymousreply 537May 23, 2021 8:28 PM

The police very specifically said Rusty wasn't a suspect.

by Anonymousreply 538May 23, 2021 8:30 PM

Liar Liar, George of the Jungle

by Anonymousreply 539May 23, 2021 8:31 PM

Alan didn't drive down to a super dingy neighbourhood for a quicky. I also doubt he was forced to drive there himself.

I suspect he was killed not too far from RaceTrac, the body was dumped later that night.

by Anonymousreply 540May 23, 2021 8:49 PM

r539 is probably in the wrong thread but I like to think he accused someone of being both a liar and George of the Jungle.

by Anonymousreply 541May 23, 2021 9:40 PM

Maybe someone at the gym was stalking him with the intent to rob or kill. I hate like hell this happened; he seems like a really nice guy.

Rest in peace, sweet soul.

by Anonymousreply 542May 23, 2021 11:01 PM

R538 when did police say Rusty wasn’t a suspect? Link the receipts

by Anonymousreply 543May 23, 2021 11:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544May 24, 2021 12:27 AM

That Reddit thread is 135 days old and no quotes from police, just a general Reddit “be nice” guideline

by Anonymousreply 545May 24, 2021 1:38 AM

Agree, R545...although he has not been named a suspect that we know of does not mean he’s not one. And I don’t even think he did it.

by Anonymousreply 546May 24, 2021 2:20 AM

The husband always did it.

Tho I doubt The Widow Rusty will achieve #HotTopPop Chris Watts status once he’s behind bars.

No DL marriage proposals for him.

by Anonymousreply 547May 24, 2021 2:29 AM

You can decide Rusty is a suspect all you want, but the post isn't just a general "be nice guideline," you're lying about that for whatever reason.

Don't be a hypocrite. You've posted 100 times with made-up theories about hit men and powers of attorney. One person posts that multiple people on Reddit confirmed a police source saying Rusty is not a person of interest and suddenly you're only interested in 100% unvarnished proven empirical peer-reviewed facts.

by Anonymousreply 548May 24, 2021 10:00 AM

Rusty will be in cuffs within a month. Not the fun kind, the going to jail kind. Jail bird Rusty.

by Anonymousreply 549May 24, 2021 10:28 AM

[quote] multiple people on Reddit confirmed ....

That carries about the same weight as "multiple people on Datalounge confirmed".

by Anonymousreply 550May 24, 2021 12:03 PM

Perhaps less.

by Anonymousreply 551May 24, 2021 1:36 PM

^FEWER, please!! Oh Dear!

by Anonymousreply 552May 24, 2021 2:12 PM

"Fewer Weight"? Oh Dear, Oh Dear!

by Anonymousreply 553May 24, 2021 2:26 PM

Maybe Jeff knew that he was about to be exposed on his conference call, initially decided to drive off into the sunset, then decided to end it all himself, by abandoning the car, then walking to a secluded spot and offing himself?

by Anonymousreply 554May 24, 2021 3:57 PM

Who’s Jeff?

by Anonymousreply 555May 24, 2021 4:00 PM

R555 Sorry wrong guy. I got confused with the Goys' murderer. I meant Alan.

by Anonymousreply 556May 24, 2021 4:14 PM

R550 DL queens are often ‘’in the know” well before mainstream media picks up

by Anonymousreply 557May 24, 2021 4:15 PM

^ What colour is the sky in your world?

by Anonymousreply 558May 24, 2021 4:21 PM

R554 just revealed himself. "Jeff" happens to be Alan's screen name that he used for his illicit meetups. Only the killer knew that name!

by Anonymousreply 559May 24, 2021 4:21 PM

We're getting rather far afield.

by Anonymousreply 560May 24, 2021 4:30 PM

It looks like a nice written obituary has been added to the original and the service is today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561May 24, 2021 5:27 PM

What is that picture saying??

Alan was killed by drug mules??

A cry for help from beyond the grave.

by Anonymousreply 562May 24, 2021 5:31 PM

And [italic]that[/italic] is why you never let a West Virginian write an obituary.

by Anonymousreply 563May 24, 2021 5:51 PM

It is a nice obituary, R 561. He seems to have been a great guy. Leave Rusty alone!

by Anonymousreply 564May 24, 2021 6:06 PM

The obit also changed the date of death. Before they had the day his body was found, now they have:

[quote] passed away on Thursday, October 22, 2020, in Dallas

by Anonymousreply 565May 24, 2021 7:53 PM

They added a lot more pics on the obit site. Including when Alan was in his prime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566May 24, 2021 7:59 PM

I notice the date of death has changed to.

Sounds like Alan's body would be in a bad way if they didn't find it until now.

by Anonymousreply 567May 24, 2021 10:40 PM

Rusty probably feasted on part of it, too. After the killing.

by Anonymousreply 568May 24, 2021 10:50 PM

Will it be an open casket affair?

by Anonymousreply 569May 24, 2021 10:55 PM

R566 wow he was stunning. They were both pretty hot.

Alan was still quite a looker when he was murdered.

I really dont think Rusty did it, Occams Razor - it is not the simplest explanation that fits the facts. Alan's niece being around, the limited timeframe, etc all require quite a convoluted explanation which Alan's being killed by some psycopath bum or drug dealer doesnt

by Anonymousreply 570May 24, 2021 10:57 PM

Lovely service for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571May 24, 2021 11:03 PM

R561 the tribute video on the obit website is pretty heartbreaking (Mary !) he certainly didn’t deserve that ending.

by Anonymousreply 572May 24, 2021 11:44 PM

I thought they had a pug ? ?

This little rival bitch did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573May 24, 2021 11:50 PM

[quote]Sounds like Alan's body would be in a bad way if they didn't find it until now.

He'd definitely be at his adult thinnest.

by Anonymousreply 574May 25, 2021 12:09 AM

Is it common that memorial services are put online in the U.S? I find this strange. Doesn’t everyone need to consent?

by Anonymousreply 575May 25, 2021 2:48 AM

^^^ No, we're pretty much lawless here these days.

by Anonymousreply 576May 25, 2021 4:12 AM

The service has been pulled. Its likely it was broadcast so family members back home could watch.

Why did Rusty say "Alan, I hope you are finally at peace.". This is huge. Was Alan a drug addict?

by Anonymousreply 577May 25, 2021 6:03 AM

R577, the man’s body was a seven month rotting feast for woodland creatures. Planting him brings peace.

by Anonymousreply 578May 25, 2021 6:07 AM

[quote] The service has been pulled. Its likely it was broadcast so family members back home could watch.

R577 The service is still live on YouTube, you just can't watch it on third party sites like DL. Click the "Watch this video on YouTube" link.

by Anonymousreply 579May 25, 2021 6:10 AM

Memorial services online have been common during the pandemic. Surely you don't need to be told this.

by Anonymousreply 580May 25, 2021 10:04 AM

[quote]Sorry wrong guy. I got confused with the Goys' murderer.

That explains why this thread is such a pile of garbage, we've got all the mentally ill morons from those threads over here trying to turn this into the same circus they turned that PA murder-suicide into. Far too many posts on this thread are attempted jokes from people whose humor dried up when "Laugh-In" was cancelled or hateful and stupid comments from people who think being mean to Rusty and Alan will accomplish something.

The "soft butch sous chef" murder thread was exciting but stop trying to chase those same endorphin hits every time a new murder is posted here. Alan's murder was almost certainly a random act of monstrousness compounded by a police force that didn't give a damn about a gay man going missing.

I understand that Datalounge will always and forever have a significant percentage of posters who do incomprehensible things under the guise of "pointless bitchery" but this group of mentally ill posters going from one murder thread to another, inventing stories to make the murderers into heroes or making homophobic jokes or reporting fake facts to confuse others, are seriously damaged people.

by Anonymousreply 581May 25, 2021 10:24 AM

Even weirder, the appropriation of the victim by name... so many of the posts smell as if the poster has come to believe they knew the victim.

by Anonymousreply 582May 25, 2021 1:52 PM

[quote]Datalounge will always and forever have a significant percentage of posters who do incomprehensible things under the guise of "pointless bitchery"

Finally, our brand promise captured.

by Anonymousreply 583May 25, 2021 1:53 PM

^ that is the new "Judy was the greatest singer ever..."

by Anonymousreply 584May 25, 2021 1:54 PM

R582. Would you prefer we refer to the victim as Mr. White?

by Anonymousreply 585May 25, 2021 4:14 PM

"The Sessums Bakes" for a realistic portrait of Hudson, NY

by Anonymousreply 586May 25, 2021 6:11 PM

Sorry, wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 587May 25, 2021 6:12 PM

So when Rusty said he hoped that Alan was at peace now, are we interpreting this as Alan committed suicide or was he tortured before he died?

by Anonymousreply 588May 25, 2021 6:13 PM

It could mean anything. That he had problems when he was alive, or that he was laying in a field for months after he died.

Usually it means the former...that the person had been suffering, whether from personal problems or illness, but in this case it could mean something about how he died and was missing.

by Anonymousreply 589May 25, 2021 6:51 PM

I don't think that was Rusty, I thought he said his name was Matt or something.

by Anonymousreply 590May 25, 2021 7:03 PM

FINALLY at peace.

by Anonymousreply 591May 25, 2021 7:06 PM

So does the cause of death get published?

by Anonymousreply 592May 25, 2021 8:40 PM

Everyone is suffering and being at peace when you are dead is an ancient concept.

by Anonymousreply 593May 25, 2021 8:59 PM

Who says finally at peace? No, it implies he was not at peace during his life. I stand by the drug meet up gone bad.

by Anonymousreply 594May 25, 2021 9:17 PM

I don’t think that person saying Alan is “finally” at peace is necessarily significant. After all this time, the family and friends have suffered greatly. Probably just finding his remains was some closure. People under stress sometimes aren’t as articulate about their thoughts:feelings.

by Anonymousreply 595May 25, 2021 11:42 PM

Fair point R595.

Pretty quick funeral, given he was only found the other day. Does that indicate that the Coroner has concluded their autopsy and now know how Alan died?

by Anonymousreply 596May 26, 2021 1:48 AM

Most likely, R596. Unless this was an empty casket memorial. For some reason, there’s a second memorial on 11 June.

by Anonymousreply 597May 26, 2021 11:32 AM

I presume this was just the cremation to dispose of Alan's remains.

The memorial service will be a bigger event catering for his out of town family.

I wonder when the Coroner's report will be posted?

by Anonymousreply 598May 26, 2021 5:39 PM

The first memorial was for family. The second memorial will be for [italic]family[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 599May 26, 2021 7:11 PM

Link to Part 4

by Anonymousreply 600May 26, 2021 7:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!