Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cardi B dropped her new bop, “UP”

It’s 🔥🔥🔥

This is a lot better than most of her previous songs. She also has a great flow in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49Last Thursday at 9:19 PM

Flow, dignity, AND class.

by Anonymousreply 102/05/2021

What a pile of shit.

by Anonymousreply 202/05/2021

Ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 302/05/2021

I still don't get why they have to use profanity so much.

Does the amount of profane words determine a song's quality?

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2021

R4 asks this while blasting an Eminem song, ignoring his violent lyrics, filled with profanity

by Anonymousreply 502/05/2021

F&F for calling her caterwauling "a bop"

by Anonymousreply 602/05/2021

Video and song made laugh. It's high octane vulgar n*gg*rtude overdose, you have to give her that. Moves along pretty well. And zero throwaways to COVID in the production. TONGUE IT BITCHES. It's so glam trash!

by Anonymousreply 702/05/2021

Busby Berkeley just rolled over in his grave. The art director knows his stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 802/05/2021

This is why black people won’t get the respect they want.

by Anonymousreply 902/05/2021

I wanna know if she's singing about her leaking clam again before I hear another one of her songs.

by Anonymousreply 1002/05/2021

Because Cardi B speaks for all black people? R9

Grow up. God.

by Anonymousreply 1102/05/2021

R11 is her leaking clam, here to defend itself against brutal attacks on its person.

by Anonymousreply 1202/05/2021

Hurrah! It's the Bop Troll! Toothless geriatric, trying to sound "hip" by referring to songs as bops.

It's time for your meds and sitz bath, toothless Bop Troll.

by Anonymousreply 1302/05/2021

It’s high energy

by Anonymousreply 1402/05/2021

R13 cute but you know the OP is that combative young guy that accuses everyone of being racist.

by Anonymousreply 1502/05/2021

R10 - I don't know why, but something about your phrasing is making me laugh so hard. "Leaking clam" -- LOL!!

Anyway, OP, I like it! It's nowhere near a WAP-level impact. It's not as strong a song and there's no way it will have anything close to that song's insane cultural impact, but I love that she's bringing colorfulness, a sense of whimsy and humor back to hip hop videos. Reminds me a little of MIssy.

by Anonymousreply 1602/05/2021

This is fun

by Anonymousreply 1702/05/2021

This is definite bop. She should have held this until April or so then she would have a guaranteed song of summer.

by Anonymousreply 1802/05/2021

And R9, you’re a fucking idiot. Probably have $30 in your checking account talking shit about respect. Who the fuck respects your old, HIV-carrying ass?

by Anonymousreply 1902/05/2021

Call me a conservative dipshit, but how did she explain to her parents and grandparents why she does that to in front of the world? I know you get tons of money but it is still shameful.

by Anonymousreply 2002/05/2021

[quote] bop

Such a frauish word.

by Anonymousreply 2102/05/2021

Either her leaking clam or one of those covers-the-whole-titty areolas she's got...

by Anonymousreply 2202/05/2021

She's a pig. Why this thread?

by Anonymousreply 2302/05/2021

Because there's a Cardi super fan who won't stop. Maybe two. I hope it's one.

by Anonymousreply 2402/05/2021

Thank you, R24. I need to ignore these super fan threads.

by Anonymousreply 2502/05/2021

Lmaoooo that Edwin is Everyone troll is working overtime

by Anonymousreply 2602/05/2021

Quick! Somebody start a Grandmadonna thread to whet these queens' appetites!

by Anonymousreply 2702/05/2021

All I can think is everyone is going to get Covid, and it doesn’t generally end well for POC.

by Anonymousreply 2802/05/2021

I get what she’s trying to do... woman in an less than friendly industry. Gotta be aggressively explicit and unapologetic. But I still have questions.

If what is “up”? If what is “up”? If what is “up”? What could be up? And then how does whatever that is then get stuck? Stuck where? In what?

by Anonymousreply 2902/05/2021

Throw it IN a 🔥🔥🔥 please!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3002/05/2021

I love how these old queens criticize her or any black woman who is unapologetic about being sexual but when It was someone like Madonna or GaGa they applauded them

by Anonymousreply 3102/06/2021

It's not about the content, it's the quality of the presentation. It's not like selling your ass is some new concept.

by Anonymousreply 3202/06/2021

This longhaired bum needs to lay of the reefers and get a job instead of making all this rowdy beat-music.

by Anonymousreply 3302/06/2021

A real class act!

by Anonymousreply 3402/06/2021

I like her taste in furniture. Anyone know where I can order that table?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3502/06/2021

R35 - try Danny Thomas Designs, in Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 3602/06/2021

R36 - I think I might be... too young to get the reference? Googled him and it looks like he was the father of that elderly woman who's always doing TV commercials about that children's hospital?

by Anonymousreply 3702/06/2021

I hate music like this, it's trashy, crude and musically low brow.

by Anonymousreply 3802/06/2021

Sorry, but I actually like it. It’s fun with a lot of energy.

by Anonymousreply 39Last Tuesday at 3:35 AM

I like it, too, R39. At first I was disappointed it didn't live up to WAP, but those are unrealistic expectations. WAP was a pop culture juggernaut. Some artists only get one of those in their entire careers. Up isn't as strong, nor will it have anywhere near the impact, but it's definitely a bop (as the OP said.) I also love that Cardi brings an unbridled sense of fun and wackiness to hip hop, like Missy does/did.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Tuesday at 8:13 AM

By the way, these lyrics will be in the Smithsonian one day...

[quote]Put it on him now, he will never be the same (He won't)

[quote]Tatted on my ass 'cause I really like the pain (Ah)

[quote]He nutted on my butt, I said, "I'm glad that you came"

How gracious.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Tuesday at 8:15 AM

Eldergays, are you wearing your pearls? Get ready to clutch them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42Last Tuesday at 8:34 AM

Took some serious airbrushing to cover up that whole-breast areola action she has going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43Last Thursday at 2:47 PM

I hate how much I like this song lmao

by Anonymousreply 44Last Thursday at 3:59 PM

Bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Thursday at 5:33 PM

She looked better before the huge fake ass

by Anonymousreply 46Last Thursday at 5:45 PM

The monotonous music in the background ruins it. Shoulda used sound effects, samples and a car-shaking base.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Thursday at 6:25 PM

Why hate that you like it, R44? You don't need to feel guilty for enjoying something so obviously made to make you laugh and bounce your booty.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Thursday at 7:49 PM

I don’t get it. Do straight men like this shit? Do women?

by Anonymousreply 49Last Thursday at 9:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!