Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lynda Carter’s husband has died.

We condole her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 25, 2021 2:06 AM

Poor Lynda. Hope she doesn't go back to the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2021 12:17 AM

Apparently their 37th anniversary was just last week.

by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2021 12:20 AM

I’m more impressed by the fact he was CEO of the parent company of Bethesda Softworks (Elder Scrolls, Fallout) than his being married to Wonder Woman.

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2021 12:21 AM

She's going to be rolling in $$$ for the rest of her life.

Hubby had just sold his company to Microsoft before his passing.

by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2021 12:23 AM

Was he ill for a long time?

by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2021 12:36 AM

Ron Samuels?

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2021 12:48 AM

Aw, I feel bad for her. Lynda is great, outspokenly anti-Trump on her social media and didn't give a shit when Deplorables waved their tiny fists at her because of it.

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2021 12:48 AM

They were known for being a happy and adoring couple. Adore your man, boys. It doesn't last forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2021 2:14 AM

Wasn't he part of a big banking scandal with some shady Middle East characters and some slimey DC elite-types back in the lateb80s/early 090s?

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2021 2:21 AM

I’ve seen Lynda in concert at Lincoln Center a few times and he was always friendly and a proud husband. Very sad news.

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2021 2:52 AM

Her first husband accentuated his package with some flair. Did he twirl?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2021 3:34 AM

R9 - yes, BCCI. I worked very closely on those cases. He was a corrupt banker and lawyer who I believe may have lost his license. His reputation was definitely sullied so he went into something else.

Who knew gaming would become what it did and that he'd be such a huge success at it.

I disliked his smug ass. He was clearly guilty but got off because the jurors were idiots who often fell asleep during trial.

Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2021 3:44 AM

He will come back to her as Steve Howard.

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2021 3:50 AM

It’s because she made him sit through the entirety of WW1984 just to see her cameo at the end.

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2021 3:52 AM

R12 I remember on an old episode of Murohy Brown, Murphy had a joke sign in her office that said "I got free checking at BCCI"

by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2021 4:09 AM

R12, I agree and similarly have some familiarity with his case and them personally.

Altman was a social climbing and power seeking lawyer who was mentored by the old Democratic legal warhorse Clark Clifford. Clifford was a typical old school snob but he was considered honorable and part of numerous Democratic administrations. Clifford was fairly progressive on some issues.

Clifford and Altman got in trouble by allegedly deceiving federal regulators about ownership/control of a bank Clifford was chairman of. Both of them seemingly enriched themselves via shady practices and both ended up indicted for fraud, etc. Clifford severed out from Altman due to his health and eventually Altman was acquitted after the judge tossed the bribery charge. Clifford's case kept gettig postponed and eventually his charges got dropped eventually offcially dueto his age and ill health.

Both Altman and Clifford eventually settled with federal regulators for some millions. I think they were both lucky. Actually I think an aggressive younger lawyer probably had more to do with it but Clifford may have been deliberately asleep at the wheel. I believe they were both banned from banking. But never lost their right to practice law which was probably more political than anything.

IIR Altman's sister was the producer of that student quiz show in DC. Can't remember the name.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2021 11:21 PM

Sorry to hear about this.

Why didn't her singing career take off? She was a better singer than say, Cheryl Ladd.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2021 11:25 PM

Meant to add that the trial showed how "celebrities" can get get a pass from juries. Wonder Woman showed up regularly at trial. I was quite disgusted by the whole thing and how they got away with it.

Smug and arrogant, both of them.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2021 11:25 PM

No need for sympathy. Altman had just sold his company to MS for $7.5 billion in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2021 11:35 PM

I’ve seen her perform her cabaret act several times in the last 12 years or so. Great voice and does a great show, but wants nothing to do with her fans. Cold bitch, would NOT do any meet and greets.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2021 11:39 PM

Would you STOP? I wasn’t even in TOWN at the time.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2021 11:55 PM

R16 - oh you have NO idea! I'm R12 and I was in court many days of his trial. She would flirt and signal to the jury the whole time. They were starstruck. She also would bring in her high profile friends to distract the jury - like Blaine Trump - and others.

Anytime there was very specific damning info, Lynda would take off her earrings or was signaled to do something else to distract the jurors.

They took the whole jury out for dinner and drinks at a fancy restaurant after the trial. That's just gross and unseemly - but not illegal.

I admit - it was hard not to be distracted and starstruck by her presence, particularly for a young gay man who watched Wonder Woman religiously and in reruns in the 70's and 80's.

She had cartoon-like proportions - tall (over emphasized by 4 inch heels - she was like 6'2" in heels), very thin arms and legs, huge breasts and butt and a small waist. And of course she was drop dead gorgeous - her eyes are so beautiful. She really was like a mythical superhero come to life.

Tacky dresser though - lots of colors and bling, but that could have been on purpose to make her stand out. It worked for the trial.

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2021 2:37 AM

[quote]IIR Altman's sister was the producer of that student quiz show in DC. Can't remember the name.

It's Academic, r16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2021 3:31 AM

R23 - but his parents, specifically his mother I believe, started the show many years ago. His sister just inherited it.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2021 4:33 AM

r13 you made me laugh out loud

by Anonymousreply 25February 14, 2021 3:53 AM

Anyone who's seen Lynda interviewed in the last decade knows there's something off. Was the husband sick over the last decade?

by Anonymousreply 26February 14, 2021 4:00 AM

He died in a hospital in Baltimore after surgery.

Lynda supposedly quit drinking sometime in the 90s but I've seen interviews with her in recent years where she appeared to be a bit drunk.

by Anonymousreply 27February 14, 2021 4:01 AM

$7.5 billion? Holy fuck! Lynda and the two kids will never have to worry about anything for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 28February 14, 2021 4:14 AM

Two weeks ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 14, 2021 4:14 AM

Cause of death was after surgery and was unexpected, that's all that is known.

by Anonymousreply 30February 14, 2021 4:15 AM

[quote] $7.5 billion? Holy fuck! Lynda and the two kids will never have to worry about anything for the rest of their lives.

I’m sure they’d rather have him.

by Anonymousreply 31February 14, 2021 4:17 AM

I hope Lynda doesn't start hitting the bottle again.

by Anonymousreply 32February 20, 2021 3:21 AM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 33February 20, 2021 7:32 AM

This is 100% Lynda's fault!

by Anonymousreply 34February 21, 2021 10:16 PM

Lynda is my neighbor in Potomac, MD. Yes, I see her a lot.

by Anonymousreply 35February 21, 2021 10:20 PM

I can imagine what Lynda‘s fans are like. No wonder she wants nothing to do with them. Can you imagine the Wonder Woman crazies who would do anything for a photo with her?

by Anonymousreply 36February 21, 2021 10:21 PM

I think many of her fans would be flaming middle-aged queens who are Wonder Woman-obsessed and totally embarrassing. "Oh my god I can't believe I'm meeting you! Oh my god girl you are the FIERCEST thing EVER! Oh my god you are like my EVERYTHING!"

We all know the type.

by Anonymousreply 37February 21, 2021 11:38 PM

I can't blame Lynda Carter for wanting nothing to do with that particular subset of flaming queen hot messes.

by Anonymousreply 38February 21, 2021 11:39 PM

Any stories r35?

by Anonymousreply 39February 21, 2021 11:44 PM

(Quote) I’m sure they’d rather have him.

How can you be?

by Anonymousreply 40February 21, 2021 11:48 PM

I wonder if Lynda Carter would have a chance at being cast as Wonder Woman if she were a young actress today.

by Anonymousreply 41February 25, 2021 12:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 25, 2021 12:58 AM

I'm always sad when a Robert Altman dies.

by Anonymousreply 43February 25, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote]It’s because she made him sit through the entirety of WW1984 just to see her cameo at the end.

Weeeeeeeeeeeak.

by Anonymousreply 44February 25, 2021 1:14 AM

Republicans do that shady banking shit all the time and get away with it so I have zero fucks to give if Altman got off.

I saw her in concert back in October 2018 and did a meet and greet after the show. This was after she on the stage and took questions from the audience. I was in the 2nd row so after getting plenty of smiles from her all evening while she was performing (I was in heaven) someone asked who was her Wonder Woman's greatest villain and I shouted out, "Debra Winger!" She let loose a huge cackle, hopped up out of her seat and ran down the stage steps to give me a huge, very tight hug. I could have died at that moment.

by Anonymousreply 45February 25, 2021 2:02 AM

She was lucky she married a wealthy guy, she never had to do the autograph show/convention shit like so many others.

by Anonymousreply 46February 25, 2021 2:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!