Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nick Cannon is POZ; Niecy Nash to Fill in on "Masked Singer"

“The Masked Singer” host Nick Cannon has tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus, which means he won’t be seen in at least the first few episodes of the hit Fox reality series’ fifth season. Instead, producers have tapped actress and host Niecy Nash to fill in.

Nash will take over as guest host as production begins this Thursday on Season 5 of “The Masked Singer,” and until Cannon is ready to get back to work. Cannon is currently in quarantine and resting, a rep for the star confirms exclusively to Variety. Fox expects Cannon to return to the series later in the season.

Season 5 of “The Masked Singer” is scheduled to premiere in March. Returning to the show as usual are panelists Jenny McCarthy Wahlberg, Nicole Scherzinger, Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke.

The celebrity musical guessing game wrapped Season 4 in December as TV’s No. 1 entertainment series, tied with NBC’s “This Is Us.” While it’s been on hiatus, Fox has been airing the spinoff competition show “The Masked Dancer.” As “The Masked Dancer” continues on Wednesday with its top five contestants, already revealed have been Vinny Guadagnino as the Hammerhead; Brian McKnight as the Cricket, Elizabeth Smart as the Moth, Bill Nye the Science Guy as the Ice Cube, and Ice-T as the Disco Ball.

On the Dec. 17 finale of “The Masked Singer,” LeAnn Rimes was unmasked as Season 4 winner — the Sun. Also revealed: Runner-up Aloe Blacc, who had been dressed as Mushroom, and third-place Nick Carter, who had performed as Crocodile.

Since returning to production last summer, “The Masked Singer” has maintained tight COVID protocols, and Jeong, who is a physician, has in particular kept an eye on how the show handled safety.

Meanwhile, Nash is a very familiar face to Fox viewers. On the network, she recently appeared both on companion series “I Can See Your Voice,” hosted by Jeong, and was a guest panelist on “The Masked Singer” last season. She appeared on Fox’s “Scream Queens,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” “Do Not Disturb,” “The Mindy Project,” “The Bernie Mac Show,” and early in her career, “Party of Five.” She has also done a voice for Fox’s “Family Guy,” among other animated series.

Nash’s recent credits include the “Reno 911!” Revival, as well as FX’s “Mrs. America” and Netflix’s “Never Have I Ever.” She also stars on TNT’s “Claws,” which will return for its fourth and final season later this year. As a host, Nash earned two Daytime Emmy nominations for Style Network’s “Clean House,” which also landed her the 2007 Gracie Allen Award for outstanding program host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2021 2:15 PM

He could die. His kidneys are fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 1February 4, 2021 9:47 AM

That's what I was thinking R1.

He has lupus.

by Anonymousreply 2February 4, 2021 10:02 AM

How in the hell did he get it?

by Anonymousreply 3February 4, 2021 4:41 PM

Oh no, what a shame...

by Anonymousreply 4February 4, 2021 4:51 PM

I love Niecy. She's kind of like Jane Lynch - she can do everything on TV.

by Anonymousreply 5February 4, 2021 10:04 PM

He's POZ, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 6February 4, 2021 11:18 PM

Nicely and her Gurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2021 1:48 AM

Maybe he isn't sick but actually a contestant.....

by Anonymousreply 8March 11, 2021 4:32 PM

Anyone actually watch? For the first time in my life my jaw actually dropped. That was a great reveal, costume and I was certain it was who everyone else thought. Best moment of all five seasons.

by Anonymousreply 9March 11, 2021 4:35 PM

I watched and my first reaction was that the raccoon should have gone first. For the final reveal I was a bit disappointed and thought it was kinda stupid.

by Anonymousreply 10March 11, 2021 5:30 PM

I thought the raccoon should have gone too, it’s pretty easy to figure out who the raccoon is.

When I first saw the snail costume - I figured it was someone in a wheelchair for some reason - so was racking my brain for celebrities who are paralyzed.

by Anonymousreply 11March 11, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]I thought the raccoon should have gone too, it’s pretty easy to figure out who the raccoon is.

Who? He was so untalented It was someone I never would have paid attention to.

by Anonymousreply 12March 11, 2021 7:17 PM

I think it’s Danny Trejo in the raccoon

by Anonymousreply 13March 11, 2021 7:38 PM

Christ Caitlin Jenner needs to find a real job.

by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2021 10:15 PM

I like the Black Swan, RoboPine, and the Crab wildcard. Group B is definitely more exciting than Group A.

So far nobody on the level of Sun, or Seahorse from seasons past IMO but maybe as they're on the show longer their performances will get even better.

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2021 10:18 PM

I like that Niecy has got this gig after marrying a woman (I hope she's more of a Meredith Baxter Birney than an ex Mrs Lou Diamond Phillips).

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2021 10:37 PM

I freaking love Niecy Nash

by Anonymousreply 17April 4, 2021 10:40 PM

I think the Crab is Gene Simmons of KISS.

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2021 12:29 AM

I think the Bobby Brown guesses seem spot on for Crab. The clues remind me of the Debarge family but they all have waaay higher pitched voices than that.

I knew who the Bulldog was immediately tonight, but I still thought it was a great performance. Interesting song choice and nice choreography.

Still rooting for Black Swan to win it.

by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2021 12:06 PM

I thought it was dumb. The Bulldog should’ve continued in the competition (it would’ve made it funner), but no, Nick Cannon just had to take his hosting job back right away.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2021 12:13 PM

I will say I think the show has gotten really gimmicky this season. All the wildcards and games, the Nicole Scherzinger 'backstage' skit tonight, that Clue Rooster thing, and eliminations like tonight's one and Kermit.

As long as the show has good contestant the format already works on its own without all these extra bells and whistles.

by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2021 3:13 PM

The Rapper has to go...it's called The Masked SINGER. The judges all having orgasm with this no talent is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2021 3:40 PM

It's kind of nice to see faded celebrities really enjoying their time in the spotlight on the show (like the unmasked singer tonight), seemed very grateful to be there.

I think it's Black Swan vs Russian Dolls vs Robopine for the final 3. Seashell was very good tonight though and Crab would obviously be a nice 'story' that would get a lot of media attention if he were to win.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2021 1:52 PM

Russian Dolls ....Hanson

by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2021 3:25 PM

I think I have all of them picked now. The only ones i'm still iffy on are RoboPine, Yeti and Piglet, but I think I have a good idea of them too.

Re: Tonight's elimination, Seashell could have chosen a better song. Her performance of 'Tell Me Something Good by Chaka Khan last week was much more soulful.

I'm not a fan of his generally, and think he was awful for Whitney, but found myself a little moved by Crab tonight. He has been through a lot and really shouldn't have gone home (I think Piglet is way overrated).

by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2021 4:23 PM

Isn’t that supposed to be POS?

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2021 4:46 PM

I don’t know how much longer Nick Cannon can keep up a career on network television given that he seems to have gone full hotep and keeps having children with an ever growing roster of women.

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2021 5:06 PM

Nick Cannon is not selling "relationship goals."

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2021 5:10 PM

The fucking rapper has to go.

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2021 10:53 PM

I actually don't mind the chameleon now. The tribute to his idol Snoop Dogg and G-funk was a sweet touch. I'd prefer to hear singers too but he does have a good flow, and the more melodic parts of their songs where they actually vocalise sound good (they've 'sang' in a few songs including last night's).. I'd rather hear him stay than the flat and out of breath pig. And the Russian Dolls gimmick is wearing off.

Yeti isn't all that either, but the skating and staging of the performance were so beautiful (how does this show have better production than the likes of the Grammys lol...). I guess Bobby was struggling to breathe in the suit anyway. But i'm surprised they got rid of Seashell when they only had 2 females out of 8 contestants (now 1 out of 6, even if the other female is the favourite to win).

Who is the Cloodle Doo? I was guessing Joel McHale?

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2021 2:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!