Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Getting rid of conversion therapy

If Reddit can impact hedge funds then the DL should follow suit and take down all of those stupid ex-gay, pray away the gay, bible thumping fuckhead organizations.

How do we take them down? Making it illegal on a federal level? Only twenty states currently have a law prohibiting it.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2021 9:45 PM

If a consenting adult wants this therapy, what is the trouble?

by Anonymousreply 1February 2, 2021 11:37 PM

I’d rather this then the transitioning that’s why I hope it comes back. With the trans movement growing so quickly, we need a buffer for gays who hate themselves. At least you can try to come back from pray away the gay—transgenderism is permanent.

by Anonymousreply 2February 3, 2021 12:06 AM

[quote] How do we take them down? Making it illegal on a federal level? Only twenty states currently have a law prohibiting it.

Take a page out of the day/retail traders’ book and overwhelm the therapists with demand.

If every gay signed up for conversion therapy sessions at once, then didn’t show up for the appointment or made a lark of attending, their appointment schedules will be too full to take on “real” clients. How would they be able to distinguish between a trickster and someone genuinely wanting therapy? They would quickly go broke.

by Anonymousreply 3February 3, 2021 12:33 AM

It's become complicated with all these gays or "gays" that now claim they are dying to fuck pussy.

by Anonymousreply 4February 3, 2021 6:01 AM

Attempts have been made to ban it. Homophobic women have usually managed to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 5February 3, 2021 6:13 AM

What’s the difference between this and transgenderism?

by Anonymousreply 6February 3, 2021 1:13 PM

I'd love to see the end of medical/chemical trannyism, but somehow I don't think that's what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 7February 21, 2021 4:05 PM

A lot of these camps for kids are tucked away in the middle of nowhere and are mostly unregulated by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 8February 21, 2021 6:13 PM

Conversion therapy has been a bogeyman my entire life, but I don't. Yea, it should be dismissed and delegitimized, but coming out against it is purely performative.

by Anonymousreply 9February 21, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote] What’s the difference between this and transgenderism?

One is a waste of time, the other permanently and irreversibly alters your body.

by Anonymousreply 10February 21, 2021 7:29 PM

This was a recent topic in one of my law school classes. Attempts to ban conversion therapy usually face First Amendment challenges, at least where the "convert" is a consenting adult and the "converter" is not a licensed psychotherapist (e.g. a religious leader).

by Anonymousreply 11February 21, 2021 7:32 PM

Their bodies, their choice

by Anonymousreply 12February 21, 2021 7:50 PM

Then I choose blackness so that I can call you racist for calling me homophobic!

by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2021 7:53 PM

Don't worry, OP, it will disappear as all the little gay kids are "trans-ed" instead of "converted". Hell, maybe the transtapo can take over the camps. The two movements should just combine since they are based in the exact same ideology. "Just pretend you're something you're not and your life will get better." Fits the religonuts trying to fix the gays and the T trying to erase the gays. They can have a yearly Jamboree in Iran.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2021 8:17 PM

I wish the trans obsessed trolls would fuck off. You ruin this forum.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2021 8:20 PM

R15, the trans movement is a direct reaction to getting rid of conversion therapy. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it not true. If parents can't force their kids into conversion camps, they'll force their swishy little Joey into a fucking dress and call him Jenny. Either way, they won't get a gay kid, which is their goal. Just like Iran. So, why don't you fuck off promoting an anti-gay movement on a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2021 8:24 PM

I would have liked trans people to find a suitable forum and stop invading a gay forum!!!! We never invited them to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2021 8:26 PM

[quote]the trans movement is a direct reaction to getting rid of conversion therapy.

Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2021 8:27 PM

I find it strange how Republicans are not in favor of transgenderism. That Blaire person seems to be correct in terms of their politics—a self-loathing gay man who went to great lengths to rid themselves of their homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2021 8:29 PM

You can’t get rid of something so strongly linked to widespread, enduring religious convictions

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2021 8:34 PM

R19, Very religious claim that God doesn't make mistakes in assigning gender at birth. An extremely small per cent of the population are born with characteristics of both sexes and truly need to choose.

Scientific studies have proven that men today are much less masculine due to environmental factors, some of it intentional.

Those wishing to transition should live as their desired sex for at least 1 year before doing anything physically to change their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 21February 21, 2021 8:34 PM

As long as a huge number of people think homosexuality is shameful, inferior, sinful, or immoral, there will be resilient demand for getting rid of unwanted homosexual attractions

by Anonymousreply 22February 21, 2021 8:36 PM

Why do people think families are so fast to trans their gay kids? If a family is anti-gay, then they're anti-trans, too. If a family is embarrassed that their son James is gay, then they would be 20 times more embarrassed if they were to have to explain that their son James is now their daughter Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 23February 21, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote]Those wishing to transition should live as their desired sex for at least 1 year before doing anything physically to change their bodies.

Very few people are transgender. I would say 99.9% of those who claim to be, are probably gay or crossdressers. For the people who are gay and don’t want to be, they their homosexuality “gone” asap.

by Anonymousreply 24February 21, 2021 8:37 PM

*they want their...

by Anonymousreply 25February 21, 2021 8:37 PM

Right R22!

by Anonymousreply 26February 21, 2021 8:39 PM

[quote]If a family is embarrassed that their son James is gay, then they would be 20 times more embarrassed if they were to have to explain that their son James is now their daughter Jamie.

Maybe they think with all the hormones and testosterone blockers and castration, that their son will be more feminine? I think it’s just the allusion that’s easier and not seeing two men together.

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2021 8:43 PM

You're wrong R23. The religious loons here are following the ideology of the religious loons in Iran.

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2021 8:45 PM

"Homophobia in families is mentioned in all of the transcripts Newsnight has seen."

"We did have a lot of families and parents who would actively tell us 'oh, I'm so glad. At least my child is not gay or lesbian'."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 21, 2021 8:49 PM

R17

They aren’t. The anti-trans loons (who have to post their agenda in every thread) are the ones invading this forum.

by Anonymousreply 30February 21, 2021 9:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!