Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So The EU Fucked Up Their Vaccine Rollout...

Has there been a better advert for Brexit than this mess? First you had individual European countries trying to organise vaccines last year, only for the European commission to force itself into the mix and causes the contracts the be delayed by 3 months because they were being cheap, France then demanded they put all their eggs in the French vaccine basket out of sheer ego, then when Europe had the same teething problems the UK had but 3 months later they blamed everyone else but themselves and reacted by almost depriving Ireland of their vaccines which pissed off the White House and then because the French vaccine didnt workout Macron went out and lied about the Oxford vaccine whilst still demanding the Oxford vaccine. I'd be embarrassed to be in the EU right now, especially as they acted very high and mighty towards America and its Trump problem and the UK and the Brexit issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 1, 2021 1:14 PM

I hope I can get vaccinated before I plan to go in a European vacation (September, October), because if I can't, I won't be able to travel to France and Spain and the likelihood of getting my virginal hole destroyed by a chainsmoking Etienne or a black-adjacent Miguel or Alvaro will drop below zero. The loss of my virginity depends on it!

by Anonymousreply 1February 1, 2021 11:42 AM

There's no "better advert" for Brexit because Brexit is a fucking stupid idea from the off. Still it doesn't matter if people in the EU die does it as long they don't in the UK.

Oh sorry, the UK has one of the biggest death tolls per capita...that must have slipped my mind in the rush to get one up on Johnny Foreigner.

by Anonymousreply 2February 1, 2021 11:46 AM

R2 Absolutely it has the highest death rate, no excuse for that. But lets see the European death rates in a few months when more than half of the UK will be vaccinated, while the EU still trails way behind. I mean even America will be vaccinated by June if all goes to plan, a lot of Europe might not even be vaccinated by next year.

by Anonymousreply 3February 1, 2021 11:55 AM

[quote] But lets see the European death rates in a few months when more than half of the UK will be vaccinated

No one - NO ONE - outside of parochial Englishmen cares, OP, about the glee you feels that Europeans may die to make you and your fugly countrymen feel better about your past decade of self-owns.

by Anonymousreply 4February 1, 2021 11:58 AM

R4 You think I have glee? I feel bad for them, the EU commission has failed them. But if you want to keep hiding from this fact then I guess the commission have no reason to change.

by Anonymousreply 5February 1, 2021 12:01 PM

[quote] I feel bad for them

Stop lying.

by Anonymousreply 6February 1, 2021 12:37 PM

R3 It won't be that bad, at least in EU countries.

by Anonymousreply 7February 1, 2021 12:40 PM

How about Germany recommending that its people over 65 not be vaccinated? Will it resume its euthanasia program from 75 years ago? The dystopian EU is not a good place to be.

by Anonymousreply 8February 1, 2021 12:45 PM

Lol r8.

by Anonymousreply 9February 1, 2021 12:46 PM

[quote] There's no "better advert" for Brexit because Brexit is a fucking stupid idea from the off. Still it doesn't matter if people in the EU die does it as long they don't in the UK.

Beyoncé leaving Destiny’s Child was a bad idea and Justin Timberlake leaving NSYNC was a bad idea. One should always let jealous leaching bitches bring one down.

by Anonymousreply 10February 1, 2021 12:47 PM

R8 Germany didn't advice people over 65 to not get vaccinated. They adviced to not give them AstraZeneca.

by Anonymousreply 11February 1, 2021 12:52 PM

R11 yes but we know what Merkel met. The faster old people die, the more migrants she can bring in and give their houses to.

by Anonymousreply 12February 1, 2021 12:55 PM

Fucking hell, stop with this bullshit OP.

I can't decide which is a dumber attempt, this thread or your I had a gangbang and caught covid thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 1, 2021 1:03 PM

On the contrary, the EU vaccination programme is going fine. Centralised procurement has meant that EU countries weren't competing with each other, which would have pushed prices up and also meant that the smaller countries would have stood no chance of getting reasonable orders.

Brexit Britain is trying so hard to turn the vaccinations into some kind of competition to "prove" Brexit was right, the whole thing has become ridiculous in the UK. It also means that no questions are being asked about our own vaccination programme, which has serious problems.

The only mistake the EU made was relying too much on the AstraZeneca vaccine, which turned out not to be that great and the company is so shit it can't even set up the European production properly. This comes after it was unable to set up production in the UK properly - the first several million AstraZeneca doses used in the UK came from the EU.

While Britain's "workhorse" vaccine is the lower-quality Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine, the EU's workhorse vaccine is the excellent BioNTech Pfizer vaccine. The two companies just today announced that they've upgraded their facilities in Europe, which means not only that they will fulfil all their EU orders for this quarter, but in the next they will supply 75 million more vaccine doses than had originally been arranged.

And while stupid Brexit politicians and the media in the UK try to claim that Britain's vaccination programme is going so fast while the EU's is slow, that is only being achieved by stretching the interval between doses to 3 months and not reserving second doses. Aside from the risk that some second doses may not be available within 3 months, this also means that lockdown and restrictions will take far longer to lift, as we will have to wait until the top 4 priority groups have been given their second dose, and that process won't even start until April, when we will supposedly also be giving first doses too. In the meantime, 10s of millions of Europeans will have received their second doses and be fully vaccinated, so life can start again for them.

It takes just 3 weeks to fully vaccinate someone in the EU, but 3 months to fully vaccinate someone in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 14February 1, 2021 1:04 PM

R8 is a perfect example of what lying liars Brexiters are.

by Anonymousreply 15February 1, 2021 1:05 PM

R3, you do realise that vaccinated means 2 doses, not just one dose? People who have only had one dose are not properly vaccinated. The EU has way more fully vaccinated people than the UK does (we currently have only 491,053 fully vaccinated people in the UK).

by Anonymousreply 16February 1, 2021 1:10 PM

Who is the nutcase Brexiteer spamming up the DL today on numerous threads, crowing about how England's (pseudo) success at giving some seniors a half-vaccination is some kind of vindication for shooting themselves in the nationalfoot by leaving the EU? While the UK still has by FAR the highest COVID rate in Europe?

No matter what Gavin Williamson (or the OP) says, rushing a second-rate vaccine out for political points does not make the UK a better country -- quite the opposite.

And sadly , the US isn't doing any better than the UK or the EU either: my parents, both of whom are over 80 and my father is a high-risk patient besides, have been unable to get even a first vaccine dose despite signing up everywhere they could. And this is not in Podunk, IN, this is in the TriState area. Thanks, Dump!

by Anonymousreply 17February 1, 2021 1:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!