Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wearing Down Vest Over a Shirt Outdoors

It’s the top of my arms & my shoulders that get cold in winter. Not my back. What’s that all about? There’s a reason why people used to wear shawls. To put them where the coldest parts are.

Even worse are retards who wear down vests and short sleeves. And don’t get me started on down vest with a hood. If your head is cold & wet, your upper arms are cold & wet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 31, 2021 8:10 AM

My torso is the only thing that gets cold...I wear a down vest over a t-shirt with jeans and boots all winter. So fuck off OP

by Anonymousreply 1January 31, 2021 1:52 AM

Yawn ... so noted. And triggered.

by Anonymousreply 2January 31, 2021 1:53 AM

This is the type of thread we need more of on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 3January 31, 2021 1:58 AM

Never fear. Miss Martha Stewart makes a down vest with decidedly dorky short sleeves that would be perfect for you! How about a nice seafoam shade?

by Anonymousreply 4January 31, 2021 2:02 AM

R1 —> lesbian

by Anonymousreply 5January 31, 2021 2:12 AM

Nobody likes you OP.

by Anonymousreply 6January 31, 2021 2:23 AM

How exactly does anyone’s choice of outerwear affect you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 7January 31, 2021 2:26 AM

Oh no, a total stranger disprove pieces of my wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2021 2:36 AM

Angry, angry vest wearers with their cold slabs of upper arms flapping in the airp

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2021 2:41 AM

You keep your core warm and the rest of you will stay warm. That's why the down vest works. How can your shoulders possibly be the coldest part of you unless all the other parts are covered while your shoulders are bare or only lightly covered and I can't think of any situation where that could happen. If you're cold, your body concentrates your bloodflow to the center mass of your body because it thinks you're freezing to death. Keeping the core warm keeps the warm blood flowing to your extremities. So, either you're all cold because your chest is cold or your distal extremities are cold because the blood is being kept in your torso. Your shoulders are between these two things. Biology says they can't be the coldest.

by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2021 2:44 AM

I would like to find a long vest that covers my ass. Most days if it’s 30F and above my down vest is fine except if I am sitting outside, then my ass gets cold.

by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2021 2:46 AM

OP you do not have experience in cold weather, dear. Nice try, though!

by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2021 2:48 AM

R11, down diaper?

by Anonymousreply 13January 31, 2021 2:50 AM

You seem oddly triggered by this OP.

by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2021 2:50 AM

I HATE vests. Stupidest clothing ever made. Just put on a proper jacket for Gos sake. Are you playing football? I will never understand it - I think 90% of the tech/finance bros (and elder bros) wear them near me, I think of it as the corporate overpaid douchebro look.

by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2021 3:07 AM

I will really piss you off OP... Patagonia fleece vest, short sleeve t shirt, board shorts and Olu Kai flip flops. Gets me laid every time bitch.

by Anonymousreply 16January 31, 2021 3:11 AM

R15 I’m sorry that you are this unhappy in life.

by Anonymousreply 17January 31, 2021 3:12 AM

Fat people think it disguises their bellies.

by Anonymousreply 18January 31, 2021 3:30 AM

I’m fat and look like a sausage in a vest.

by Anonymousreply 19January 31, 2021 8:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!