Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Anyone Watching Ted Lasso?

I wasn't interested in this at all but my husband wanted to watch and now I am obsessed. Funny, sweet, and lots of shirtless dudes. Jason Sudekis' Ted Lasso is such a kind smart character. All the supporting characters are fantastic and the character Roy played by Brett Goldstein pretty much doesn't own a shirt and is hot as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47Last Tuesday at 3:48 AM

Just started watching this, am in a couple of episodes. Very entertaining!

by Anonymousreply 101/30/2021

I love the team owner-apparently she's a West End actress. Explains her kick-ass karaoke performance.

by Anonymousreply 201/30/2021

Just started watching. I really love it. A lot better than I expected and the cast is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 301/30/2021

Yum

by Anonymousreply 401/30/2021

It’s good. I will watch again before S2.

by Anonymousreply 501/30/2021

Hannah Waddingham (Rebecca) singing "Memory".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601/30/2021

I find Sudeikis so sexy and he has a tantalizing bulge in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2021

Love this show. It looked shit from the outset but I’m glad I gave it a go. Best thing I’ve seen in YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2021

I expected to hate Ted Lasso, but I ended up binge watching it in a few days. Man, especially now, it’s nice to witness someone unwilling to let adversity get them down...someone who refuses to hold a grudge....someone who goes out of their way to encourage others.

The show has really grown on me and I look forward to the next few seasons. A few asides: The guys who play Roy and Jamie are so hot...but then, so is every other guy on the team. Also, I think it’s cool how cast members have show running roles (Brett Goldstein is an executive story editor, the woman who plays Coach Beard’s girlfriend is a writer, story editor for the show). Finally, Hannah Waddingham has a beautiful voice. I hate Let It Go, but she really gave it life. She’s gorgeous too...hard to believe it’s Septa Unella from Game of Thrones (by the end of Ted Lasso I kind of wished she had played Cersei).

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2021

Hot jew daddy !

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2021

I watched it last month and absolutely loved it. The cast is great and Sudeikis is wonderful in the role. I was stunned it was Septa Unella, too. She was fantastic in this. Easily one of the best comedies I've seen in the last year.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2021

You saw that too, R7?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2021

I really love Nick Mohammed (Nate the Great) on this. Too bad this show gets so much love, but the show he created/stars in and writes called "Intelligence" gets no attention. Maybe because it's unfunny and costars the stilted David Schwimmer. It airs on Sky and now Peacock runs it.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2021

I love Juno Temple as the Posh Spice character. Well, Posh if she was sweet and fun and not a complete cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2021

Hannah Waddingham is quite funny in her one Benidorm season as trashy trophy wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1501/31/2021

Shame. My face will no longer be the last thing Septa Unella sees before she dies. She does make a pretty good plaything for my zombie pet, though.

by Anonymousreply 1601/31/2021

Love this show. Hot men, clever dialogue, and earnest emotional storylines.

by Anonymousreply 1702/01/2021

I adored this show. I do not give a fuck about sports ball but the characters make up for the setting.

by Anonymousreply 1802/04/2021

On FappleTV. Boo! No wonder I've never heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 1902/04/2021

Brett is 40, no girlfriend, no wife.

We life in hope.

by Anonymousreply 2002/04/2021

I really liked the pilot. Funny writing. After about episode 5 I couldn't take the sappiness.

by Anonymousreply 2102/04/2021

The first episodes were lovely. Then you realize that every episode is the same -- Ted is charming. Someone else doesn't like him. Ted charms that person. The end.

by Anonymousreply 2202/04/2021

I want Jason and Brett to tag team me.

by Anonymousreply 2302/04/2021

And so what....I like charming.

by Anonymousreply 2402/04/2021

it's funny. I watched it a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 2502/04/2021

I liked the scene where Ted and Rupert play darts and have a little wager.

by Anonymousreply 2602/04/2021

Does anyone else think Juno Temple resembles an Olsen sister (especially Elizabeth)?

by Anonymousreply 2702/04/2021

I love this show and it deserves all the critical acclaim it's getting. As a football fan and an Anglophile, I adore it even more. Jason Sudeikis and the entire cast are wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 2802/04/2021

Ted: The last time I saw eyes that cold, they were comin' toward Roy Scheider!

Coach Beard: [italic]Jaws[/italic]?

Ted: [italic]All That Jazz.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 2902/07/2021

I'd watch it, but no way am I paying for another streaming service.

by Anonymousreply 3002/07/2021

r27, to me she looks more like Catherine Tate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3102/07/2021

What a great series - a really authentic take on English supporter culture with great performances. Very deserving of the outstanding ensemble nomination at the SAG.

Juno Temple was great as Keeley, a character clearly based on glamma model and frequent footballer girlfriend Keeley Hazel, who confused matters by turning up as Anthony Head's girlfriend. Loved the friendship between her and Rebecca.

Hannah Waddingham also amazing. This isn't her first football adjacent role - her first stage performance was Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Beautiful Game, and she got to record the lead promo single, but unlike Michael Ball, Dina Carroll and Boyzone she didn't get a big hit with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3202/08/2021

Love Rebecca!

Bitch goddess!

by Anonymousreply 3302/18/2021

Haven't seen Ted Lasso, but I did see Hannah in The Beautiful Game in London years ago. Actually one of ALW's better shows. The video above is just plain weird -nothing at all to do with the meaning of the song in the show. Whatever -I'm happy to see this talented actress is doing well!

by Anonymousreply 3402/18/2021

Reason #1 to watch Ted Lasso - Roy Kent (played by Brett Goldstein)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3502/19/2021

Reason #2 to watch Ted Lasson - Jamie Tartt, played by Phil Dunster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3602/19/2021

It’s a really good show. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did. It is uplifting but also realistic.

by Anonymousreply 3702/19/2021

Jamie is a prick but DAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3802/19/2021

Jamie 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3902/19/2021

What I wouldn't give to lick him all over

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4002/19/2021

What a snack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4102/19/2021

I'm still kind of shocked that this is the same Phil Dunster from the twee Dawn French mini series The Trouble With Maggie Cole where he plays such a bland nondescript character. The miniseries itself is pretty nice though.

by Anonymousreply 4202/19/2021

I'm over straight men. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 4302/19/2021

Well go on then, Miss Marsha P Johnson, with your woke self!

by Anonymousreply 4402/19/2021

Hot waiter Rebecca used for sex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4502/19/2021

The hype is right. After 50+ years of the culture largely fixated on the anti-hero, it's refreshing to see a show where the main character is a nice person with good intentions who tries to do well by others

by Anonymousreply 46Last Tuesday at 3:38 AM

I'm up to the episode where Jamie went to the charity auction dressed douchebag-style, in a suit jacket with no shirt underneath, and a horny old matron won the bid on Roy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47Last Tuesday at 3:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!