Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Good Valid Balanced Points about Sex and Gender

Just read this piece by JK Rowling. I understand what she is saying. FOLKS need to consider all perspectives and back off a bit. Just encouraging positive dialog. We are playing with peoples lives, families and well being if we don't consider all perspectives. NOT EVERYONE with a point of view is a Terf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 1, 2021 6:42 PM

“: This piece contains inappropriate language for children”

Forgive her for her PotterMouth.

by Anonymousreply 1January 30, 2021 5:04 AM

F&F.

by Anonymousreply 2January 30, 2021 5:06 AM

W&W.

by Anonymousreply 3January 30, 2021 5:10 AM

She is a good writer and More W & W to her 💖

by Anonymousreply 4January 30, 2021 6:33 AM

She can’t be taken seriously on the topic anymore. She’s been trolling people for years at this point. It’s not credible that she would or could have a balanced opinion on this anymore (even if it was).

by Anonymousreply 5January 30, 2021 6:37 AM

R5 is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 6January 30, 2021 6:46 AM

The only people I have on block here are either the Trumpsters and the Transtapo so R5 is one or both of those categories.

by Anonymousreply 7January 30, 2021 6:49 AM

Brits are obsessed with this topic. It’s hilarious how it barely gets brought up in the US the way it does in the UK. Brits take it to Fred Phelps levels. There are articles on the subject as to why Brits are so obsessed too. It’s just weird. It’s like the country has nothing else going on. They’ve now taken to social media putting an icon symbolizing how they side with biological women on the issue. lol. No wonder their country is a laughing stock now. I don’t care which side you come down on in regards to this. When it becomes your go to issue you have problems. You’d never know a pandemic was going on with these people. No wonder people like Boris Johnson are able to get in or Brexit is ends up being passed.

by Anonymousreply 8January 30, 2021 7:01 AM

R5 is lost.

by Anonymousreply 9January 30, 2021 7:01 AM

She had a point early on that it's ok to have concerns. However, she destroyed that particular goodwill when she began trolling her opposition. She should've kept it civil and make her opposition look bad for using foul language and threats of violence.

by Anonymousreply 10January 30, 2021 7:01 AM

R8, because we had that dangerous draft gender self-id act in the works. Thankfully - and partly thanks to Rowling - it's now been withdrawn, but unfortunately only for England and Wales. Scotland, were Rowling lives, is apparently still planning to pass a gender self-id law, but I have a suspicion they will keep kicking that can down the road.

by Anonymousreply 11January 30, 2021 7:04 AM

Still full of shit r5/10, r8 is a moron a lot of British women discuss this because of the self id act that keeps getting pushed.

by Anonymousreply 12January 30, 2021 7:05 AM

R10 Links to trolling...oh, you mean facts and reality...threats...liar....foul language...clutch those pearls.

by Anonymousreply 13January 30, 2021 7:05 AM

“You’re a woman, Harry!”

by Anonymousreply 14January 30, 2021 7:07 AM

[quote] Still full of shit

This is why you're the anti-trans troll.

by Anonymousreply 15January 30, 2021 7:36 AM

Trannies are mental cases. Full stop. Nobody can change their DNA.

by Anonymousreply 16January 30, 2021 7:39 AM

The issue in Britain is that TRAs are being woefully dishonest about their main aims.

Unlike America, British laws have biological sex is a protected characteristic. Trans campaigners ultimately want to remove this and replace it with gender identity, but they're being dishonest about it. That's why they resort to ultimately meaningless platitudes like "trans women are women" and "non binary people are valid" rather than explain WHY sex is and outdated concept.

The question that women branded TERFs never had answered is how this will impact on existing laws. We have a law requiring companies with a certain number of employees to publish the difference in pay rates between men and women. Will non binary people be placed into a separate category or lumped in with women, meaning the pay rates review the difference between men and non men.

And I've posted about this before but there's an unholy alliance - misogynist men are backing TRAs because they know it's a way to reduce women's rights, and religious nutters are backing the TERFs because they see it as an anti LGBT stance, even though most women branded TERFs are lesbians and/or pro gay rights.

TRAs have succeeded in removing mention of women and girls from period products, cervical smears testing and breastfeeding. When they put the same amount of effort into removing gendered terms for facial shaving products, condoms and erectile disfunction products then I'll accept it's not about erasing women.

by Anonymousreply 17January 30, 2021 7:59 AM

This thread will be deleted, just like my thread about trans athletes having an advantage in sports even after a year of hormones. Trans debate is forboden on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 18January 30, 2021 8:39 AM

Considering the US just signed away womens' spaces and sports this is about to become a big topic. Call it a small issue when the hulk on titty skittles sweeps the Olympics r8

JK is right about EVERYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 19January 30, 2021 8:44 AM

In Scotland, where JK Rowling lives, the trans debate is being used by warring sides in the Scottish Nationalist Party, currently caught up in a sexual harassment and abuse scandal that the Republicans would feel embarrassed about and arguing over how quickly they should have another independence referendum.

One one side you have an admittedly horrible lesbian MP, Joanna Cherry, who is one of the most abused politicians on social media, arguing that sex is important. Pink News paid her a significant amount of money after smearing her as a bully. On the other side is Kirsty Blackman, a woman who thinks that people can change biological sex, using the arguments that she's a woman with short hair who doesn't wear make up(!), and because her son has blue eyes and her daughter has brown eyes (!!). Blackman wants the SNP to introduce new rules on transphobia without a debate in the hope Cherry will be expelled, not caring that sex AND sexual orientation are protected characteristic under British law.

The recent debate in the Scottish Parliament about whether rape victims should be able to choose the SEX (not gender) of the doctor who examined them was very telling. The SNP drafted the legislation to say the rape victim could choose the GENDER of their doctor. Instead of be honest and making the argument that trans women are women, and rape victims have nothing to fear from a trans woman examining them, the SNP capitulated when it became clear they were going to lose the vote and backed the amendment from Labour. And Rape Crisis Scotland, who depend on the SNP government for funding, were wrongfooted opposing the change from gender to sex, thinking they were backing the government position.

When politicians say "trans rights aren't up for debate", the genuinely mean it. They want to change the law without anyone having a say. That's why left wing women like JK Rowling, Julie Bindel, Janice Turner etc are making such a noise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 30, 2021 9:40 AM

Here's an article explaining the Scottish Nationalist trans row, written by a gay journalist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 30, 2021 10:12 AM

[quote] Brits are obsessed with this topic. It’s hilarious how it barely gets brought up in the US

r8 What the ever loving fuck are you talking about? That whole trans bathroom debate alone is much more of an issue in American politics than it has been for British. Our rightwing is still merrily obsessing over asylum seekers, immigration and until recently the effects of EU legislation on Yorkshire puddings to need it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 30, 2021 10:23 AM

Even US repubs wouldn't make this an issue

out of any of this during the 2020 election.

by Anonymousreply 23January 30, 2021 11:14 AM

Tell yourself that. Peak trans has been hit.

by Anonymousreply 24January 30, 2021 11:24 AM

[quote]the hulk on titty skittles

You guys are constantly screaming for respect and everyone's attention and for your immediate concerns to be heard over everyone else's, but this is corny, juvenile crap is all you ever say.

by Anonymousreply 25January 30, 2021 11:44 AM

R25 = angry hulk on titty skittles

(That phrasing is hilarious and accurate.)

by Anonymousreply 26January 30, 2021 12:06 PM

The bathroom row doesn't apply to the UK. We have no laws about who can use which toilet. That doesn't stop trans activists hysterically screaming "We just want to pee!!!!".

We know you do. No-one's stopping you.

All of their problems are imaginary.

by Anonymousreply 27January 30, 2021 12:12 PM

The greying out of the thread despite the 90% approval in the poll results proves beyond any doubt that a handful of trolls have figured out how to game DL’s disapproval system.

by Anonymousreply 28January 30, 2021 12:18 PM

W&W to un-grey it.

by Anonymousreply 29January 30, 2021 12:27 PM

It's dumb to F&F it. It is a legitimate discussion. The drive to shut down the discussion is concerning.

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2021 12:34 PM

[quote] One one side you have an admittedly horrible lesbian MP, Joanna Cherry

How is she “horrible”?

by Anonymousreply 31January 30, 2021 12:49 PM

[quote]How is she “horrible”?

Joanna Cherry is in the camp defending Alex Salmond. Salmond's behaviour towards female staffers as first minister was so concerning that civil servants arranged that he would never be left on his own with a woman.

The other camp accept that Salmond is a sex pest, but insist Nicola Sturgeon and her husband knew nothing about Salmond's behaviour until 4 years after he stepped down as First Minister, became a Westminster MP, lost his seat and hosted a tv show on Putin propaganda channel Russia Today.

by Anonymousreply 32January 30, 2021 7:07 PM

R32 Salmond was cleared of any wrong doing. Of any sort.

by Anonymousreply 33January 30, 2021 7:09 PM

T*RF is a slur, OP. But you knew that already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 30, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote] Salmond's behaviour towards female staffers as first minister was so concerning that civil servants arranged that he would never be left on his own with a woman.

I've heard this, too, albeit as hearsay (a friend of a friend who worked at the Scottish Parliament).

by Anonymousreply 35January 30, 2021 7:15 PM

Catch up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 30, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote][R32] Salmond was cleared of any wrong doing. Of any sort.

No, he found not guilty of sexual assault charges. The jury may have felt all 10 victims were lying, or they might have felt the assaults took place but were not criminal in nature.

[quote]Salmond's behaviour towards female staffers as first minister was so concerning that civil servants arranged that he would never be left on his own with a woman.

[quote]I've heard this, too, albeit as hearsay (a friend of a friend who worked at the Scottish Parliament)

This was revealed in the court case. Alex Salmond was a frequently drunk bullying sex pest. Everyone who was in a position to do anything about it kept quiet because it would damage the cause of independence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 31, 2021 8:03 AM

R37 buys into Tory smears. Sad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 31, 2021 1:07 PM

R8 Brits aren't 'obsessed' with this topic - we're just fortunate enough to have a strong feminist/lesbian movement that isn't in thrall to woke corporate interests like North American feminism is. British women have been speaking out against trans ideology for years, and they have been very persuasive. The tranny tide is on the way out in the UK, thanks goodness, though there is much work left to do.

by Anonymousreply 39January 31, 2021 1:11 PM

Is the UK of the mind that the “trans movement” is just a left-wing version of gay conversion therapy?

by Anonymousreply 40January 31, 2021 1:21 PM

Anyone who clicked FF on the OP engages in violence against women and gays by doing so.

by Anonymousreply 41January 31, 2021 1:26 PM

R40 Yes, much of it is seen (correctly) that way by a growing number of Brits who can be bothered to care about this, particularly among LGB people. That is why the recent High Court decision in the Keira Bell case, which effectively stopped the medical/surgical pathway for anyone under 18, was greeted with such jubilation here. Young lesbians and gays in the UK are much safer as a result.

by Anonymousreply 42January 31, 2021 1:40 PM

R34 has been writing a lot of posts calling for genocide this morning, he's pretending to be a Democrat who wants to exterminate all Russians in his "Nuke Russia" thread and also the "Inside The 'Propaganda Kitchen'" thread. Check it out if you want a chuckle and/or a glimpse into the mind of someone who needs professional help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 31, 2021 1:43 PM

Meanwhile, the United States is about to throw gay rights and women’s rights down the toilet completely with the so-called “equality act.”

by Anonymousreply 44January 31, 2021 1:44 PM

R44 American feminists, LGBs, and other thinking people need to wake up and see trans ideology for what it is. I wish you luck.

by Anonymousreply 45January 31, 2021 1:59 PM

I'm so fucking sick of this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 46January 31, 2021 2:05 PM

This trans movement is a result of the right-wing “pray away the gay” movement becoming illegal. Where was this trans movement in the 70s, 80s, and 90s? Nowhere. There’s a profitable market for self-loathing gays. I wish the right wing would encourage and support the trans movement because then gays would galvanize against it. But with the left adoring it, gays are hypnotized.

by Anonymousreply 47January 31, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote] Meanwhile, the United States is about to throw gay rights and women’s rights down the toilet completely with the so-called “equality act.”

Eat shit, you dumb old fag.

by Anonymousreply 48January 31, 2021 2:06 PM

[quote] This trans movement is a result of the right-wing “pray away the gay” movement becoming illegal.

Wrong. Fuck off and die already. Bigot scum.

by Anonymousreply 49January 31, 2021 2:07 PM

[quote]Eat shit, you dumb old fag.

Gays have lost this battle, unfortunately. But not if you against it—like me. I’m not concerned about my student debt anymore. I’m probably going to vote Republican in 2022. I barely voted Democrat in 2020. So it depends on who they run to challenge Gretchen Whitmer here in Michigan. I voted for her in 2018 but I may vote against her in 2022. It’s the only way to get gays’ attention and really work to separate from these groups, if you slowly chip away at Democrats, voting them out. Gays will be forced to figure out how to win voters like me back and that’s to separate from this “LGBTQ” stuff.

by Anonymousreply 50January 31, 2021 2:15 PM

*vote against it

by Anonymousreply 51January 31, 2021 2:16 PM

[quote] I’m probably going to vote Republican in 2022. I barely voted Democrat in 2020.

What a surprise...

Just fuck off R50. Nobody wants to win you back. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 52January 31, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote]Just fuck off [R50]

Done.

by Anonymousreply 53January 31, 2021 2:26 PM

Same, r50. Given our Team Bad vs Team Awful political set up, I don't see how else to make an impact against the institutional capture. I've voted straight ticket DEM in every election for the last 20 years (as long as I've been old enough to vote).

by Anonymousreply 54January 31, 2021 2:27 PM

[quote]I’m probably going to vote Republican in 2022.

Yeah, we know, you're rightwingers, it's painfully obvious.

[quote]Gays will be forced to figure out how to win voters like me back

Cannot even imagine being a straight woman and coming to a gay board to demand gays "win her back." Insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 55January 31, 2021 2:29 PM

[quote]Yeah, we know, you're rightwingers, it's painfully obvious.

Nope. Never voted Republican once. Only Democrat.

[quote]Cannot even imagine being a straight woman and coming to a gay board to demand gays "win her back." Insufferable.

Nope. Gay white man. Or gay white f-ggot, as I’m called. With the “a”.

by Anonymousreply 56January 31, 2021 2:34 PM

R56 I think you meant the DEMS will need to figure out how to win you back, right? Not the gays. You can NEVER turn your back on the gays.

by Anonymousreply 57January 31, 2021 2:36 PM

[quote]You can NEVER turn your back on the gays.

I’m not even thinking about gays today. This generation of gays has made a complete mess of gay rights. Sex workers now want to lumped into our movement. I’m thinking about gays 20 years from now who’ll have (hopefully) stopped all this extremism (trans, “non-binary”, “queer”, and all the rest etc).

by Anonymousreply 58January 31, 2021 2:41 PM

How exactly has J.K. Rowling "trolled" anyone, R10? If anything, she has bent over backwards to be seen as civil and reasoned.

by Anonymousreply 59January 31, 2021 2:51 PM

[quote] Scottish Nationalist Party, currently caught up in a sexual harassment and abuse scandal that the Republicans would feel embarrassed about

R20 I hope you read the other commenters posts re Alex Salmond and the suggestion of it being a Tory smear. Meanwhile KellyAnne is posting nudes of her 16yr old online but I don’t hear any republicans being embarrassed about that? Seems disingenuous. Could you have been stretching the truth maybe? But why would someone on here be accidentally sympathetic to the republicans.....hrmmmm I wonder what could it all mean?

by Anonymousreply 60January 31, 2021 5:59 PM

Lol R56 we know you’re not a real person and if u were nobody would want u back anyway. Enjoy your new bedfellows I’m sure they’ll take super good care of you x x

by Anonymousreply 61January 31, 2021 6:05 PM

R61 Who the fuck are you? Cancelling people....identify as queer or stupid?

by Anonymousreply 62January 31, 2021 6:06 PM

JK always makes very valid nuanced points, with empathy and kindness. And then she’s called evil and so called progressives mock her story of sexual assault. The trans movement will be incredibly detrimental for so many marginalized groups, it’s depressing to think about.

by Anonymousreply 63January 31, 2021 6:10 PM

R63 The trans movement will be incredibly detrimental for so many marginalized groups, it’s depressing to think about.

I couldn't agree more. These Trans movement people need to get their own program and should not be aligned with GLB folks. They are giving the rest a bad name. Its really depressing.

by Anonymousreply 64January 31, 2021 6:13 PM

The actual issues facing women, (access to healthcare, ending FGM, being safe) are being ignored in favour of left wing groups pushing "Respect this mans pronouns' as if tht shit was important to women.

by Anonymousreply 65January 31, 2021 6:16 PM

R62 I’m sorry your post is so poorly written I don’t know what exactly it is that you’re asking.

by Anonymousreply 66January 31, 2021 6:22 PM

R64 actually the movement contains measures supporting both trans women and women that face FGM (since u brought that up). It’s not a case of either / or, except for people (I suppose like in your case) that can only understand one issue at a time. For instance, you brought up access to healthcare - this is important for cis women and trans women. Advocacy groups are working towards securing proper access to healthcare for all women, it’s not like they either get post natal care or access to proper hormone treatments, it’s both. I hope that helps.

by Anonymousreply 67January 31, 2021 7:01 PM

^ Bwahahaha How the fuck can a trans women suffer FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION? Bwhaahahaha Hilarious deluded trash liar.

by Anonymousreply 68January 31, 2021 7:16 PM

R68 le sigh. Trans women (one group) and women facing FGM (separate group). Read more slowly next time. You see I said ‘both’ before that? Indicating two separate groups? Take a nap, I think you need one. A long one lol.

by Anonymousreply 69January 31, 2021 7:33 PM

There’s one trans crazy troll. All the pro trans posts are from this one loon.

by Anonymousreply 70January 31, 2021 7:41 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAAH Trans women actually supporting any women issue, real issues, is a hilarious fantasy and does not exsist in the real world. Fucking idiot.

R70 You must be new here. We are legion. And we don't go for tranny shit here.

by Anonymousreply 71January 31, 2021 7:42 PM

R71 I said one PRO trans troll. Put him on ignore and all the crazy pro trans posts disappear

by Anonymousreply 72January 31, 2021 7:44 PM

R72 Oh shit, gotcha. I don't put people on ignore, but fun to trolldar and see that reality.

by Anonymousreply 73January 31, 2021 7:51 PM

Please W & W to ungrey this thread. Time to put these trans shits in their place. No more bullying LGB folks or our movement. Can't have fugly mental people being associated with the LGB movement.

by Anonymousreply 74January 31, 2021 7:54 PM

Lol R73 you’re suuuuuper confused. And confusing! “Oh shit, gotcha” you sound like one of the capitol invader losers. Your ‘censorship’ comment tracks with that.

by Anonymousreply 75January 31, 2021 8:19 PM

R73 time to transition it

by Anonymousreply 76February 1, 2021 3:01 AM

So Nicola Sturgeon has pressed the missile launcher and started the SNP civil war by sacking lesbian Joanna Cherry. It's not *just* about trans rights and removing sex rights but it's going to make the the debate online even more toxic than it has been so far.

by Anonymousreply 77February 1, 2021 6:13 PM

R77 My money's on Cherry (not a sentence I thought I would ever write). The tranny tide is on the way out in the UK, even in Scotland, and Sturgeon is in deep shite with regard to the Alec Salmond case. We might even see Salmond making a comeback. Time's up for Sturgeon?

by Anonymousreply 78February 1, 2021 6:17 PM

Cherry is one of the few politicians in the SNP with a reputation for capable - she was outstanding in debates during the Brexit period and has been really effective in challenging Priti Patel in the Commons, although the rotting corpse of Sunny von Bülow would be able to do that.

There isn't an obvious successor to Sturgeon in Holyrood. People were bigging up the guy who disappeared off the radar after pestering a 16 year old boy on Instagram, and now people are talking about the finance person who stood in for him. But the changed the rules suddenly and stopped Cherry moving to Holyrood for May's elections. Sturgeon loyalist Angus Robertson will stand, although he's mixed up in the Salmond sexual harassment cover up.

After 14 year in government the SNP have the same whiff of arrogant decay seen with Thatcher and Blair/Brown governments.

by Anonymousreply 79February 1, 2021 6:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!