Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James McAvoy successfully transitions to DILF

Discuss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133October 12, 2022 8:57 PM

Pussy hound and a big Trump supporter. Next.

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2021 11:43 PM

I will always love him for his role as Steve on Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2021 11:43 PM

I love his short arse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2021 11:46 PM

If only he were a few inches taller...

by Anonymousreply 4January 29, 2021 12:03 AM

So sexy, but, yeah, such a wee man.

by Anonymousreply 5January 29, 2021 12:13 AM

Shouldn't a DILF to most DLers be at least 80 years of age?

by Anonymousreply 6January 29, 2021 12:53 AM

He's the actor with a big ol' Scottish dick, right?

by Anonymousreply 7January 29, 2021 12:56 AM

I’ve always thought he was fuckable. Great actor too.

by Anonymousreply 8January 29, 2021 5:22 AM

None of his individual features are attractive but somehow it comes together as a complete package.

by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2021 5:24 AM

He's still attractive but I preferred him when he was young and twinky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2021 5:32 AM

Source, R2? I've never seen or heard any evidence of either. Looking at his personal life, he seems more like a serial monogamist. Also, he posted Instagram congratulations to his favorite American city, Philadelphia, when they tipped the election in Biden's favor a couple of months ago. That doesn't sound like a Trump supporter to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2021 5:34 AM

Sorry, the above was meant for R1.

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2021 5:34 AM

Why does he love Philly so much?

I remember he did an absolutely spot-on Philly accent when he hosted SNL.

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2021 5:38 AM

He spent a lot of time in Philly when making Split and met his current girlfriend there. He also seems like a scrappy little cuss, which would fit him right in with the Philly energy.

by Anonymousreply 14January 29, 2021 5:45 AM

[quote]Why does he love Philly so much?

Where his wife is from and they have a second home there.

by Anonymousreply 15January 29, 2021 5:52 AM

He fucks sissies

by Anonymousreply 16January 29, 2021 5:54 AM

Is he married or not to Lisa Liberati? He's never announced it, but there was a tabloid story that said she wears a wedding ring and he referred to her as his wife on set.

It's so odd when celebrities keep basic life details secret. I get not wanting to talk about the details of the relationship, but keeping the whole marriage secret seems like fodder for more speculation that a simple press release would stop.

by Anonymousreply 17January 29, 2021 6:00 AM

God, he’s so fucking hot. I’ve been quietly lusting after him for years.

by Anonymousreply 18January 29, 2021 6:06 AM

He was so hot in Split.

by Anonymousreply 19January 29, 2021 6:06 AM

Trump supporter? Push hound? Link please.

by Anonymousreply 20January 29, 2021 6:08 AM

*pussy hound

by Anonymousreply 21January 29, 2021 6:09 AM

And his smile - there’s something so cute yet feral about it. He’s one of those men that effortlessly comes across as [bold]A MAN[/bold].

I’ve been on an X-Men trip lately and just realized that he would make an [italic]amazing[/italic] Wolverine. (He was great as Professor X too, though.)

by Anonymousreply 22January 29, 2021 6:09 AM

He seems to have a civil relationship with his ex. They've worked on several projects together since the split, including His Dark Materials. I've never heard any bad gossip about him at all--seems like a nice, down-to-earth bloke who keeps his private life private. His Instagram is all work projects, charitable endeavours, and pictures of food.

by Anonymousreply 23January 29, 2021 6:10 AM

I bet he’s got a perfect and succulent cock.

Oh, wait - he does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 29, 2021 6:17 AM

Joe Reid is such a douche.

by Anonymousreply 25January 29, 2021 6:20 AM

One of those rare specimens with a lovely cock and a great ass. Great face, too--if he'd been a few inches taller, he'd have been permanent A-list instead of comfortable B/C+ list.

by Anonymousreply 26January 29, 2021 6:20 AM

I feel a great mighty need to jump up and punch you in the balls, R26. He can be A-list at current height.

by Anonymousreply 27January 29, 2021 6:25 AM

r25 That specific sector of Gay Film Twitter all have those similar obnoxious, sociopathic looking photos as their twitter icons. Joe Reid, Richard Lawson, etc.

by Anonymousreply 28January 29, 2021 6:31 AM

Exactly how short is he?

If he really does fuck “sissies”, well that’s disappointing because real men are so much better, but if he’s going up into another man, I guess that’s kind of hot.

Tell us more, R16.

by Anonymousreply 29January 29, 2021 6:31 AM

I thought that said JOY Reid at first. I was like, “Well THAT’s out of character.”

by Anonymousreply 30January 29, 2021 6:32 AM

I looked it up and he's 5.6".

YUM! Sexy little fucker. I'd do him for hours but alas he appears to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 31January 29, 2021 6:32 AM

Who are you to judge what he likes to fuck?

He fucked the friend of a friend in the UK. By sissy I don’t mean crossdresser or anything. Just that kind of young, skinny, feminine twink that a lot of daddies chase.

But not as exaggerated as a Rourke. Just a young very very bottom gay.

by Anonymousreply 32January 29, 2021 6:35 AM

Larger version. Looks like a solid sized cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 29, 2021 6:35 AM

R27 How fucking cute you are!

by Anonymousreply 34January 29, 2021 6:51 AM

R32 I’m a prime candidate for McAcock then!

by Anonymousreply 35January 29, 2021 6:55 AM

R35 Yes, GermanGayGuy, you are.

by Anonymousreply 36January 29, 2021 6:57 AM

R36 Um, what? 😂

by Anonymousreply 37January 29, 2021 6:59 AM

[quote] I looked it up and he's 5.6".

Well, I don’t know where you looked it up, but he’s 5’7”. It comes up on Google instantly and there are articles about it.

by Anonymousreply 38January 29, 2021 7:10 AM

Two shorties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 29, 2021 7:15 AM

James doing his Philly accent on SNL.

Terrible sketch, but his accent work is perfect. Philly is not easy to do — it makes no sense!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 29, 2021 7:19 AM

He isn’t that short. Not like he is Danny DeVito.

by Anonymousreply 41January 29, 2021 7:20 AM

The “missing” inches went straight to his cock.

by Anonymousreply 42January 29, 2021 7:27 AM

He worked at a bakery when he was a teenager. I don't know if he did any baking, but if he did, it will give him an advantage in the GBBO competition. Also, he doesn't seem the type to crack under pressure, like poor Michael Sheen did when he was on.

I wish they could get David Tennant for GBBO. But he wouldn't do it this season--there is no love lost between him and McAvoy since McAvoy married Tennant's ex, Anne Marie Duff. Rumor has it there was overlap between the two relationships. But given that Tennant had been dating Duff for 5 years at that point, can't blame her for jumping to McAvoy. If you like it put a ring on it, David.

by Anonymousreply 43January 29, 2021 4:21 PM

I didn't know she dated Tennant. She's 10 years older than McAvoy (but looks 10 years younger) and they seemed to be a well matched couple. They both came from poor working class backgrounds and never had airs or pretentions and, seemingly little ego. Not a clue what broke them up. Refreshingly, his new partner isn't a 20 something year old.

by Anonymousreply 44January 29, 2021 5:53 PM

Is Celebrity GBBO for charity or something or is he just hard up for work? He's also the narrator for the competitive reality series "The Bridge".

by Anonymousreply 45January 29, 2021 5:56 PM

Extremely hot

by Anonymousreply 46January 29, 2021 6:05 PM

I want to fuck him while he’s in Tumnus drag

by Anonymousreply 47January 29, 2021 8:07 PM

Not sure if he's old enough to meet the "D" for Daddy criteria yet but he was always qualified for the always "ILF" part.

by Anonymousreply 48January 29, 2021 8:23 PM

I have had the misfortune of seeing him onstage 3 times. He is not great. His Macbeth was particularly bad. Audiences packed with giggling women though, so he will continue to get his pick of stage roles when theatre reopens.

by Anonymousreply 49January 29, 2021 8:37 PM

An extremely nice, grounded man.

by Anonymousreply 50January 29, 2021 8:58 PM

GBBO is for charity. He's always seemed pretty penny-pinching (wears the same clothes for years on end), and given that he made bank on the X-Men films, I doubt he's hard up for cash.

by Anonymousreply 51January 29, 2021 11:14 PM

[Quote]He's always seemed pretty penny-pinching (wears the same clothes for years on end)

Please tell us how you know this? Are you some dedicated follower of some loser's fashion? How & or why?

by Anonymousreply 52January 30, 2021 3:39 AM

R51, have you ever met a Scottish person?

by Anonymousreply 53January 30, 2021 3:49 AM

I attributed McAvoy's penny-pinching ways to growing up poor rather than to his nationality.

You, being Scottish, may of course apply that stereotype all you like.

by Anonymousreply 54January 30, 2021 4:31 AM

[quote] if he'd been a few inches taller, he'd have been permanent A-list instead of comfortable B/C+ list.

C list? You are delusional. The game is slightly different for European actors since they work so much outside Hollywood. He's very much A/B list.

by Anonymousreply 55January 30, 2021 4:40 AM

I'll give you B-list. But right now he's not in, say, Benedict Cumberbatch's current position: multiple leading-man roles in mainstream non-genre films PLUS a genre franchise where he is the title character, plus an Oscar nomination a few years ago.

McAvoy took a serious run at A-list in the late 00s with Atonement, Last King of Scotland, and the Conspirator, but he had some kind of meltdown in California which led to him dropping out of the black comedy 50/50 at the start of shooting, and that seemed to stop his career momentum cold. He went away for a bit and came back as Charles Xavier. He's been doing genre, indies, and stage ever since. A nice career and one most actors would kill for. But not an A-list career.

by Anonymousreply 56January 30, 2021 4:49 AM

He had a meltdown in California? More details?

by Anonymousreply 57January 30, 2021 5:44 AM

[Quote]attributed McAvoy's penny-pinching ways

Other than being the usual Data Lounge cunt, can this be explained either remotely or rationally?

How does the "cheap Scot" bullshit hold any longer?

by Anonymousreply 58January 30, 2021 6:06 AM

It was actually Vancouver. There are no details, just speculation. The speculation is that Anne Marie had previously had a miscarriage. She was pregnant again when he was shooting 50/50--in Vancouver, not California--and he was not happy about being away from her. That, combined with the pressure of going from a Scottish council estate to worldwide fame in just a few years and also another family death that was eluded to but not elaborated on in the press, led him to drop out of the film after they had started shooting. He was quickly replaced by Joseph Gordon-Levitt and everybody moved on. James went home, Anne Marie had the baby, and he picked up X-Men First Class, which was shooting in England and didn't require a lengthy stay away from his family. He gained some weight--which could have been sympathy weight or could have been antidepressants--but seemed to do fine otherwise.

Maybe it was fallout from dropping the film, maybe it was just bad choices in scripts, but his career was never really the same after that. He rode the X-Men train for a good while, but otherwise it's been all indies or more genre stuff. A shame, because he is an excellent actor who elevates even bad scripts.

by Anonymousreply 59January 30, 2021 6:15 AM

Thanks R59. Doesn’t exactly sound like a “meltdown”.

by Anonymousreply 60January 30, 2021 6:16 AM

First time I've ever thought he was attractive is in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 61January 30, 2021 6:22 AM

Perhaps meltdown was too strong a word. But dropping out of a film once shooting begins, requiring a last-minute replacement of the lead and the reshooting of scenes is a big deal. And there never was a satisfactory explanation, just that it was 'circumstances out of James' control.' That sounds like some kind of emotional meltdown to me, but your mileage may vary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 30, 2021 6:23 AM

Such bullshit: [quote]McAvoy took a serious run at A-list in the late 00s with Atonement, Last King of Scotland, and the Conspirator, but he had some kind of meltdown in California

You seem to be primed to tell us how or when , especially since you were involved.

by Anonymousreply 63January 30, 2021 6:23 AM

He may or may not be A-list, but he seems like the type who will work forever, transitioning into character work once he's no longer leading man material.

by Anonymousreply 64January 30, 2021 6:26 AM

Sometimes personal reasons—things going on in a person’s non-work life—necessitate dropping out of work. It doesn’t mean that person himself had a MELTDOWN, or a breakdown, or a mental health episode or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 65January 30, 2021 6:27 AM

Well, that's why it's speculation, R65. A meltdown IS a personal reason, after all. Don't take it all so personally--it's just a gossip site.

Unless you're James himself of course, in which case, LOVED YOU IN X-MEN, SWEETIE.

by Anonymousreply 66January 30, 2021 6:33 AM

I just think ‘meltdown’ is the wrong word here. It makes it sound like he had a screaming, crying panic attack and had to be sedated.

[quote] Informal. a sudden loss of control over one’s feelings or behavior: “My toddler had a meltdown when I tried to leave the house.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 30, 2021 6:37 AM

Now you are being pedantic, R67. Don't call it a meltdown if you don't want. Call it whatever you want. I don't care.

Other gossip I have heard about James:

--He was bisexual in drama school.

--He had a serious fling with Kerry Washington while filming Last King of Scotland and almost left then-fiance Anne Marie over her. But Kerry went back to her fiance and James went back to his.

--The relationship with Anne Marie was always volatile. She went to New York with him while he was filming The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby because she was worried over his relationship with Jessica Chastain. That was also a set fling, but then Jessica dumped James for the director and James took up with one of the makeup girls, so I guess Anne Marie's presence didn't make him any more faithful.

--He would go looking for blow jobs in London clubs after his theater performances and usually got them.

Again, all speculation. But fun speculation.

by Anonymousreply 68January 30, 2021 6:44 AM

Oh, and it was Anne Marie's camp who leaked the rumors about James' set fling with Alexandra Shipp to the press just as he was in the middle of the big publicity push for X-Men Apocalypse in 2016. He and Anne Marie had been unofficially separated for months, but it was payback for the thing with Alexandra and all those other actresses. I'm not sure I believe that one, though--they get along too well now to have engaged in tactics like that a few years ago. But somebody DID leak that story, and he looked devastated during the entire London press push for XMA.

. . . And that's all I've got.

by Anonymousreply 69January 30, 2021 6:53 AM

Just admit you didn’t have a clue what the word ‘meltdown’ meant, and all is forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 70January 30, 2021 7:06 AM

I admit NOTHING.

Except that McAvoy has a fantastic ass. I will admit that.

by Anonymousreply 71January 30, 2021 7:09 AM

Distracting the conversation from good gossip by obsessing about petty side issues like the definition of meltdown is a feint often used by PR shills and other internet trolls.

by Anonymousreply 72January 30, 2021 7:11 AM

You can see his dick head in R33.

by Anonymousreply 73January 30, 2021 8:11 AM

Big, thick uncut babymaker.

by Anonymousreply 74January 30, 2021 12:57 PM

[quote]--He had a serious fling with Kerry Washington while filming Last King of Scotland

He must have put it on her good because she comments on his IG, made a Happy Birthday post to him on her IG and in her Vanity Fair career rundown she said she wanted to work with him again and wanted to play his wife.

by Anonymousreply 75January 31, 2021 2:41 AM

He’s incredibly sexy

by Anonymousreply 76January 31, 2021 2:45 AM

“ He fucked the friend of a friend in the UK”

R32 riiiiight

by Anonymousreply 77January 31, 2021 2:47 AM

Stocky short men are often great lays. I wouldn't be surprised if Washington is still mooning over the McAvoy dick even 15 years later.

by Anonymousreply 78January 31, 2021 4:42 PM

Whether he fucks them or not, McAvoy seems to get along very well with all the actresses he works with. They praise him to the skies in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 79January 31, 2021 4:42 PM

He really does like women. He's talked lovingly about being raised by women after his alcoholic father abandoned the family. Especially his tiny grandma who drove a delivery truck.

by Anonymousreply 80January 31, 2021 4:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 31, 2021 5:39 PM

He's very cute, but what's all this about him having a great ass? He showed it in a movie once and it was flat as a pancake. Has he started doing squats or something?

He has beautiful, soulful eyes which have served him well on screen. He'll be with us for awhile because he actually has talent. I don't see someone pretty and bland like Chris Hemsworth transitioning well into character roles, but James will make the transition and probably do some of his best work in middle to old age. He has what it takes.

by Anonymousreply 82January 31, 2021 5:40 PM

Have to disagree with you there, R82. He's got plenty of junk in the trunk (see pictures).

Where we do agree is that he will work forever. He might be one of those actors who gets more and better roles in this 40s and 50s than he got in his 30s. It took him a while to break out of the male ingenue thing he had going on in his 20s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 31, 2021 5:42 PM

He's been recently leading a franchise (X-Men) and made a fortune doing so. And he proved he can draw audiences with "Split."

I would say he's A-.

by Anonymousreply 84January 31, 2021 5:43 PM

R83, his ass looks a bit more supple than it did without clothes. I can't remember what movie I saw it in, but it was about as average as you could get. Not that it should matter. His talent more than makes up for it.

by Anonymousreply 85January 31, 2021 5:50 PM

[quote] his ass looks a bit more supple than it did without clothes. I can't remember what movie I saw it in,

Then do please shut up.

by Anonymousreply 86January 31, 2021 5:53 PM

It looked pretty good in Trance, but he was a little heavier there (still hot, though). He might need a little more weight on for the cheeks to be in full bloom, so to speak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 31, 2021 5:54 PM

Looks pretty good to me (see link).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 31, 2021 5:56 PM

I've always wondered how actors get so jacked for parts like McAvoy did for Glass. Can they really do it with diet and training, or are steroids inevitably involved? DL bodybuilders, thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 89January 31, 2021 6:00 PM

Given how big McAvoy's trapezoids became for Split and Glass, i would guess he did it with steroids as well as with serious gymwork.

by Anonymousreply 90January 31, 2021 6:03 PM

[quote]It looked pretty good in Trance, but he was a little heavier there

He was slightly heavier in FILTH, too; and had some meaty thighs.

I don't know how true it is, but there was talk that Danny Boyle wanted Michael Fassbender for the Vincent Cassel role in TRANCE, but Fassbender was only interested in playing the female role of the therapist. If you've seen the film, you'll know why this is an interesting ask from Fassbender.

by Anonymousreply 91January 31, 2021 6:04 PM

Inspired by this thread, I just read through his "Quotes" section on imdb. He comes across there as an incredibly humble guy who actively avoids red carpets and freebies and openings because he doesn't like the celebrity-part of acting. He sounds serious about his craft but not ridiculous about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 31, 2021 6:35 PM

If Fassbender had played the therapist role in Trance opposite McAvoy's deranged sexy patient, I'd watch that film every day.

by Anonymousreply 93January 31, 2021 7:45 PM

James himself on being thrifty (thanks for the link to the IMDB quotes, R92:

[quote]I really am thrifty. When it comes to the people I love, I'm generous, but I don't need much. I spend money on groceries and pay my bills. Every now and again I'll allow myself a chocolate bar. I'm joking but seriously, I'm careful with my money. I learnt that from my grandparents. That was always very important to me, not to be in debt to anyone, money-wise. I was determined not to take any money off my mother or my grandparents after I was 18.

by Anonymousreply 94January 31, 2021 7:52 PM

His quote about his spending makes him sound wonderful. He has a good head on his shoulders, is talented, and seems like a genuinely nice and caring fellow.

Which of course will lead Dataloungers to tear him down for some superficial reason.

by Anonymousreply 95February 1, 2021 3:35 AM

Pudding face blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 96February 1, 2021 7:40 AM

That's an interesting observation that he's not a very good stage actor; the NT has been showing clips from his performance of Cyrano and he looks like sex on a stick (even if it is a short stick). I've always liked the guy - his appearances with Fassbender on Graham Norton were some of most entertaining celebrity interviews - but it's interesting that he doesn't translate well to the stage

by Anonymousreply 97February 1, 2021 9:22 AM

[quote]His quote about his spending makes him sound wonderful. He has a good head on his shoulders, is talented, and seems like a genuinely nice and caring fellow. Which of course will lead Dataloungers to tear him down for some superficial reason.

Huh? Why should DLers care about his spending habits? He's only joking about his thriftiness in an interview to prove how "un-Hollywood" and "normal" (™ Kate Winslet) he is anyway.

by Anonymousreply 98February 1, 2021 9:37 AM

I would wreck his home so he could wreck my hole.

by Anonymousreply 99February 1, 2021 9:42 AM

I've heard just the opposite about his stage performances: That he's a dynamo onstage.

by Anonymousreply 100February 1, 2021 1:26 PM

James should dye his hair for a few years. He's still got a very youthful face, so he can get away with it for a while. No need to start greying just yet.

by Anonymousreply 101February 1, 2021 1:28 PM

Men's hair dyes usually look very fake.

by Anonymousreply 102February 1, 2021 1:32 PM

All kinds of yum

by Anonymousreply 103February 1, 2021 1:33 PM

R102 If they're done well, they look fine. It's the discrepancy between the facial ageing and the dark youthful hair that is often the giveaway. James won't have that problem for a few years yet. And I suppose there is always Botox. I assume he has started having that already.

by Anonymousreply 104February 1, 2021 1:37 PM

It took him years to get his teeth fixed. He hasn't had any other facial surgery, though a conservative nose job right as he was getting famous was probably suggested to him more than once. He shops for clothes like once a decade. I doubt very much he'll go to the trouble of coloring his hair.

I rather respect his refusal to polish himself to fit a Hollywood template.

by Anonymousreply 105February 1, 2021 3:42 PM

R1 - Oh dear me, yes - a poon hound of the first order and a well-known POS where his conquests are concerned. But I agree quite hot in his way. God knows how many he'd have nailed if he'd been a few inches taller.

He's also a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 106February 1, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote] Huh? Why should DLers care about his spending habits? He's only joking about his thriftiness in an interview to prove how "un-Hollywood" and "normal" (™ Kate Winslet) he is anyway.

He isn’t joking, dingbat. Maybe you missed the numerous posts in this thread about how he rewears the same clothing for ages.

by Anonymousreply 107February 1, 2021 5:18 PM

He was encouraged to overact and indulge himself to the extreme in those ridiculous Shyamalan films. That, coupled with the tepid end of the X-men franchise, is probably going to limit his acting offers going forward. He's strictly a comic book actor, not someone you'd cast in a prestige drama.

by Anonymousreply 108February 1, 2021 5:54 PM

If he's smart, he'll turn to TV. All of the best dramatic roles are in TV right now, anyway. He could rock a Netflix or Hulu or Amazon series--he's already doing something like this for HBO's His Dark Materials, but that's a supporting role. He has the charisma and the name recognition to headline his own series.

by Anonymousreply 109February 1, 2021 6:14 PM

R108 - He wasn't always. I remember seeing him quite a bit younger, including, R109, on television. I think I spotted him first on the BBC series "State of Play" in 2003 where he did a very respectable turn as a young, sly, quirky, journalist.

"State of Play" was excellent, by the way, with a terrific ensemble cast including Bill Nighy (speaking of overacting) and David Morrisey. John Simm, Polly Walker, and Kelly Macdonald.

Not to be confused with the film based on the story later made with Ben Affleck, only has a young rising Congressman in Washington, rather than a rising MP in Westminster.

McAvoy was good.

by Anonymousreply 110February 1, 2021 6:22 PM

What is a DILF? For that matter someone please start a thread of DL expressions.

by Anonymousreply 111February 1, 2021 9:59 PM

He can bake me one of those stupid Inspiring cakes anytime.

by Anonymousreply 112February 1, 2021 10:04 PM

"Dad" I'd Like to Fuck - except the OP seems to think he's 20 yrs older...

by Anonymousreply 113February 1, 2021 10:57 PM

[quote]He was encouraged to overact and indulge himself to the extreme in those ridiculous Shyamalan films.

I think he's a sensational actor who is better than necessary when it comes to things like The X-Men films or action films. He was even great in this SNL skit where he's so earnest and takes it so seriously. But the more of his work I see, the more I realize he recycles his acting tricks and character voices. Again, he's sensational and definitely better than many of his peers, but he leans on a stable of tricks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 1, 2021 11:01 PM

R110, I was just about to mention State of Play. That's where I first noticed him as well and I knew after watching it he would go far as an actor. He was quite charismatic in that role and has a natural star presence. I also like he has a very self-deprecating sense of humor in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 115February 2, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote]r81 The same-clothes-for-years thing can be easily seen by just looking at pictures of him in the press.

Sounds like Henry Cavill, n'est-ce pas? Another Taurus.

by Anonymousreply 116February 2, 2021 12:28 AM

He’s made an arse of himself on more than one occasion at industry events thanks to his alcoholic and aggressive tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 117February 2, 2021 12:35 AM

^cunt needs to detail the spoilage!

by Anonymousreply 118February 2, 2021 12:39 AM

OTOH, that behavior (and a shave head) got him the roles in Split and Glass:

[quote] I was in San Diego, at Comic Con, and I got f***ing blind drunk and stumbled into M. Night Shyamalan and he was like, 'Heeeeey! I've never seen you like this before.' And he gave me a part in his next movie. And the next director I met was like, 'I really like you bald. I'm going to give you this part!' It seems that everyone likes me bald right now.

by Anonymousreply 119February 2, 2021 2:54 PM

^^shaved

by Anonymousreply 120February 2, 2021 2:54 PM

I wish he’d drunkenly stumble into me.

Stumble ALL THE WAY into me.

by Anonymousreply 121February 3, 2021 4:57 AM

It would be very disappointing if he does indeed have a drinking problem. Too many jokes about Scots and his drunk father left the family already.

by Anonymousreply 122February 3, 2021 5:09 AM

Become a hot director, R121, and I'm sure you'll get your wish.

by Anonymousreply 123February 3, 2021 10:52 PM

Look at that gorgeous grey hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 22, 2021 1:37 PM

Stanksle---

by Anonymousreply 125February 22, 2021 2:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 10, 2021 9:16 AM

He looks like a FtM.

by Anonymousreply 127March 10, 2021 9:34 AM

Gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 13, 2021 12:03 PM

I don't like him anymore because he farts. I remember his talking about making WANTED and one of the X-MEN movies and discussing how much he farted during the making of the movies due to the supplements he had to ingest. I thought the Brits were much classier than that. And I loved him so much as Mr. Tumnus in THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE.

by Anonymousreply 129May 13, 2021 1:11 PM

You can be classy and fart, dude.

by Anonymousreply 130December 16, 2021 4:15 AM

The pussy hound I don’t want to believe. I left my family and that douchebag Hiddleston for him and he told me he wanted only me.til the day he becomes feeble and old and incontinent (perhaps next week.).

But look at that darling face and that wee biod. How could he be a p.f. ?

But A TRUMP SUPPORTER☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️NO! That’s a deal breaker - that’s a my heart breaker.

Please bring us proof. And yes, I’ve looked around and found *nothing*!

by Anonymousreply 131October 12, 2022 8:19 PM

r68 James and Kerry Washington would have been an outstanding looking couple. Hard to find photos of those two outside of the bad red carpet phoots form that movie, the 2000s were a fashion nightmare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132October 12, 2022 8:52 PM

r84 define fortune. It's an ensemble cast movie that continually underperformed. I bet they could get him for $1-3 million a film. That's great money for an actor but even with all the films out doubt he's made over $10 million when it's all said and done. J-Law is the only one that could really command a paycheck worth of a fortune because she joined around her career high.

I will agree that X-men paid a lot of bills and is likely his biggest payout and something any actor at his level would kill to get.

by Anonymousreply 133October 12, 2022 8:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!