Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People Who Use Old Pics on Social Media

It's a form a social catfishing.

The worst was Donald Trump, using a pic that was 20 years old -- and Photoshopped -- on Twitter.

But the one I was shocked to discover is Twitter celeb Yashar Ari.

Based on his Twitter profile pic (left), I thought he was a twenty-something, decent looking guy. But the reality (right) is that is an old, fat slob.

What are some other examples?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 10, 2021 12:18 PM

That photo looks heavily edited/filtered, not old.

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2021 12:50 AM

Well, hello!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2021 12:59 AM

I followed Yashar for a long time thinking he was a relatively cute young guy with clever commentary. When Cheri Jacobus posted a photo showing him as the fat slob that he actually is, I nearly puked. Blocked immediately. I don’t follow fatties.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2021 1:02 AM

R2 beat me to it! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2021 1:02 AM

R1 He has had that same photo for two years.

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2021 1:03 AM

I admit I am as shallow as a puddle. I'll never read a tweet of Yashar's the same way again. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2021 1:07 AM

It’s an aspirational Twitter pic

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2021 1:10 AM

R6 He sounds like the usual snow queen perpetual victim bottom to me

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2021 1:12 AM

Yashar's previous pic was carefully cropped to make him look young, too.

Once I saw how he really looked, I never read a tweet by him in the same way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2021 1:13 AM

He poses a picky young gay, but he's really just a fussy old queen.

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2021 1:14 AM

that's seriously cheating and deceiving!

To me, he is cancelled now. Oh wait, I never followed him.

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2021 1:18 AM

He looks like he can’t clean out property and would chill dog his tops/partners.

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2021 1:19 AM

The pic he used before this one he was in half profile and looked more like the fatty than the fakey, but still kind of cute. I hate that I remember this stupid shit but forget to water the plants. Anyway, I want to know how he's so loaded. He's been fairly up front that he's got quite a bit of money. You'd think he'd spend some on himself and pull it together.

I am so tempted to DM him about this. Maybe I could frame it as "fair warning, your actual photos are floating around a well known message board, and you are getting dragged, perhaps you might want to get in front of it?"

You know, all friendly like?

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2021 1:21 AM

This blind item is about Yashar, about how he uses a photo 10 years old and 20 pounds lighter on Grindr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote]I am so tempted to DM him about this. Maybe I could frame it as "fair warning, your actual photos are floating around a well known message board, and you are getting dragged, perhaps you might want to get in front of it?"

"I am writing solely out of Christian concern . . . "

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2021 1:27 AM

[quote] Maybe I could frame it as "fair warning, your actual photos are floating around a well known message board, and you are getting dragged, perhaps you might want to get in front of it?"

All you have to do is Google image him, all the pictures are like the one on the right in OP except for his Twitter picture, anyone who took the time to Google him already knew.

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2021 1:27 AM

R16 Absolutely. I didn't mean that they were state secrets. I just don't know why he uses doctored/old photos. It seems so...well, stupid, for want of a better term. He could use one of his beloved elephants for his avi.

I wonder if his ears are ringing...

If he can hear though all of that ear hair.

by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2021 1:36 AM

R16 If he had his way those google screengrabs would not exist. His instagram has ZERO photos of him, it’s all his hot white guy friends and memes.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2021 1:39 AM

So fucking what? He can use whatever picture of himself that he wants. You guys ( mostly) are fucking stalkers.

by Anonymousreply 19January 26, 2021 1:43 AM

R18 I just looked, it really drives home how up his own ass he is

by Anonymousreply 20January 26, 2021 1:43 AM

R19 Yashar you stink like shit, take a shower.

by Anonymousreply 21January 26, 2021 1:45 AM

He needs to lose weight if he expects to be seen as credible.

by Anonymousreply 22January 26, 2021 1:46 AM

[quote]You guys ( mostly) are fucking stalkers.

Give the " " thing a rest you tedious, obsessed loon.

by Anonymousreply 23January 26, 2021 1:46 AM

Ok, r21. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2021 1:46 AM

R24 Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2021 1:47 AM

So many puppets tonite

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2021 1:47 AM

While the pics are obviously out there, it doesn't occur to most people to Google for pics of the people they follow on Twitter.

I've followed him for years and the image of a fat, unattractive, older person is so at odds with what he pretends to be on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2021 1:48 AM

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote] I am the person the trolls fat and I just got accused of being .. I am flabbergasted. How dare you!

It is one of the most tedious aspects of Datalounge. People get obsessed with someone (before, it was "Poo Shoes" -- I have no idea who they are) and, suddenly, every poster is accused of being that person.

We have a lot of obsessive nutjobs who post here.

by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2021 1:51 AM

by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2021 1:52 AM

[quote]Yashar and should meet.

Just thought the same thing. Both are raging, obese cunts, clearly unhappy with their lot in life.

[quote]together they might be cute?

No.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2021 1:54 AM

I don't want to derail the thread or stop smacking Yashar down, but who the fuck is this person?

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2021 1:54 AM

Anyone who uses the word "fug" should kill themselves.

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2021 1:55 AM

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2021 1:55 AM

R33 You just used it so go ahead cunt.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2021 1:56 AM

I win this thread - go on bigmusclebears.com and sort by recently updated but from ascending order.

There are people on there who have not updated their pics from 2003 and still log in daily in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2021 1:58 AM

skeletor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2021 2:00 AM

Well, Hello!

I love Mikerow Chips!

This phomotograph was taken and then developed yisturday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2021 2:01 AM

R38 What is hilarious/sad about that photo is, not only is it a hundred years old, Brendad STILL photoshopped it so that she is unrecognizable.

She is so mentally ill. Because she was very attractive when that photo was taken, but, clearly, it does not fit Brendad's distorted image of how she "looks" now.

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2021 2:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2021 2:07 AM

Must every fucking thread turn into an Troll thread?

by Anonymousreply 41January 26, 2021 2:10 AM

Well, at least I finally know why Yashar feels a kinship with elephants.

by Anonymousreply 42January 26, 2021 2:11 AM

Oh my fucking god... Thanks r40

I think.

by Anonymousreply 43January 26, 2021 2:12 AM

[quote]Must every fucking thread turn into an Troll thread?

Datalounge is FULL of obsessive cunts who bore us with their preoccupations.

by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2021 2:12 AM

When was this taken? Oh, it's very recent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 26, 2021 2:16 AM

Trump lost and the only go-to for trolls is dragging a profile pic from Twitter.

🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 46January 26, 2021 2:16 AM

R46 Ur, honey, I hate Trump.

And I started this thread.

Things are more complicated than you are able to understand.

by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2021 2:19 AM

I read Yasher Ali's tweets a lot - I don't actually follow him but I lot of people I follow retweet him. I always thoughts his tweets seemed so wise for such a young guy (based on his pic I thought he was in his early twenties!)

by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2021 2:22 AM

He comes across as very judgmental and superior on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2021 2:23 AM

Almost all female (and many male) influencers and instahos use so much photoshop and filtering that you never really know what they look like

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2021 2:23 AM

People who do this just hurt themselves. Ok, so he's not my type, but I wouldn't have thought anything negative of him if he'd just shown his real self. Because he went to such lengths to do that though, people are going to be more likely to say unpleasant things than if he had just been honest. It's a bit like someone putting an old or photoshopped or deceiving picture on Grindr. Even if you turn up and they still look like someone you might fuck as they naturally are, the fact they have lied like that makes you really wary of them.

by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2021 2:26 AM

Its the reason I gave up on online hook ups. More often than not they looked nothing like their pics. That plus without exception ,though you stated repeatedly you were a strict bottom,well...you know the rest of that story !

by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote]That plus without exception ,though you stated repeatedly you were a strict bottom,well...you know the rest of that story !

That you were an elderly auntie secretly into scat???

by Anonymousreply 53January 26, 2021 2:56 AM

R16 obviously himself doesn't' know

by Anonymousreply 54January 26, 2021 3:09 AM

This was his previous profile pic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 26, 2021 6:03 PM

I DM'd him a couple of hours ago, no response yet...I don't feel bad in the slightest. If you are going to put yourself out there as much as he does, well, some questions are "allowed" I feel. I was nice about it anyway.

Hi Yashar, I love how you hold people accountable and ask for their honesty. Why this avi then? You are a handsome guy without the "beauty filter". If you are uncomfortable, why not use a cute elephant for your profile pic? There is a well known message board that is dragging you for this, as you are likely aware. Again, you are handsome as you are. I hope you know that, and I hope you show that as an example that beauty comes in all forms. xo

by Anonymousreply 56January 26, 2021 6:52 PM

How long is acceptable for one to use the same photo in social media for? I would say five years max. It also depends on what you looks like. Some people honestly DON’T change all that much within a few years time.

by Anonymousreply 57January 26, 2021 7:13 PM

Sure sign of people who are not handling aging well: They use a pic of when they were a kid as their avatar.

by Anonymousreply 58January 26, 2021 7:18 PM

R58 really? I just thought some of those were tired to good memories. I always assume people who are afraid of aging either heavily filter their pics, use really old pics, or find the blurriest/ darkest one in their phone files.

by Anonymousreply 59January 26, 2021 8:04 PM

It's a form a social catfishing

No it's a form of you being stupid. Do you honestly believe what you see on SM is real? No one owes you a new pic or anything, it's up to you not to be stupid and believe everything you see.

by Anonymousreply 60January 26, 2021 8:30 PM

R60 must use really old pics in his social media

by Anonymousreply 61January 26, 2021 8:31 PM

R60 is 76 and uses pics from high school on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 62January 26, 2021 9:52 PM

What a bore he is.. Chrissy Tiegen (spelling?)! You go girl! Kathy Griffin! I'm on your side! Blah,ugh, snore, eh. Now that I see what he really looks like, I kind of get his C list starfucking.

Does anyone know how old he is? I can't tell. Not that it matters, but I'm curious.

by Anonymousreply 63January 26, 2021 11:37 PM

[quote]You are a handsome guy without the "beauty filter".

Why are you lying to the guy?

by Anonymousreply 64January 26, 2021 11:40 PM

r64 I was trying the gentle, uplifting approach. It obviously didn't work. I'm sure he knows he's a troglodyte, he probably rolled his eyes, hit the delete button, then ordered another bucket of chicken.

I should have just gone balls to the wall. It's not like being blocked by him would be exactly tragic.

by Anonymousreply 65January 27, 2021 8:12 AM

There was this old.perv who used his high school pics on grinder. And it was so obvious: the hair, clothes and glasses, the old.Polaroid style film stock. Some people are just nuts.

by Anonymousreply 66January 27, 2021 8:59 AM

He’s a double chinned Jabba. He’s over.

by Anonymousreply 67January 27, 2021 9:18 AM

Even with recent pics, apps nowadays can change you completely. I always insist on videocall on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 68January 27, 2021 9:30 AM

[quote]I am so tempted to DM him about this.

Gurl, this "news" about Yashar's photos is seriously old, back in 2017 Business Insider coyly referred to it as Yashar being "intensely private" and "keeping all photos of himself off the internet." When he started making media appearances, people started talking.

I think it really blew up when he falsely accused Alison Roman of being racist several months ago, though.

Anyway, don't waste a DM on it, this has been around the internet a dozen times by now. He's aware.

by Anonymousreply 69January 27, 2021 9:39 AM

It's interesting that the rightwingers like r60 have been saying "the internet isn't real" a lot, ever since their queen witch Kellyanne said that to try to gaslight her daughter a couple of days ago. I've seen it in three threads this morning. Wonder if they're doing it on purpose or if it's unconscious?

by Anonymousreply 70January 27, 2021 9:40 AM

They do it in death too. All the time I see funeral notices for people who died in their 80s but the image used in the obit is clearly 50 or more years old.

by Anonymousreply 71January 27, 2021 9:46 AM

[quote]It is one of the most tedious aspects of Datalounge. People get obsessed with someone (before, it was "Poo Shoes" -- I have no idea who they are) and, suddenly, every poster is accused of being that person.

R29, part of the problem there was that Poo Shoes herself decided to pretend to be the Poo Shoes Accuser.

PS is a lady named Davida who I think has been posting here even longer than me, so 20 years, give or take. She's obsessive and can be pretty hateful. A few years ago, she branched out into slightly different kinds of trolling -- though whether she intends to troll or is just inherently nutty is up for debate -- and so people started pointing her out. To combat that, Davida herself pretended to be the Poo Shoes Accuser, accusing people she hated of being herself, basically, hoping to confuse everyone. It kind of worked.

She also will create personas and use them to specifically target a troll if she gets jealous that they're getting too much attention, so it's plausible that she's an Accuser Troll.

by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2021 9:47 AM

[quote] I'm sure he knows he's a troglodyte.

Interesting comment in regards to Yashar Ali.

Find it fascinating that he projects a “holier than thou” attitude about many subjects: cleanliness (surprising given his authentic appearance!), honesty (again surprising given his social catfishing), holding others accountable (surprising given his loyal dedication to c-list “stars” like Chrissy Tiegen), and ethics (once again, surprising given that he worked for one cocaine fiend, philandering, lobbyist-loving, hypocrite Gavin Newsom.)

So in sum, it seems Yashar Ali is NOT congruent with what he espouses on social media.

by Anonymousreply 73January 27, 2021 10:08 AM

R73 calls Gavin Newsom a hypocrite but probably supports Jerry Falwell Jr. Conservatives are the ultimate hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 74January 27, 2021 3:27 PM

No r62 I'm not on grindr you twat.

by Anonymousreply 75January 27, 2021 4:11 PM

R57 All just IMO, and talking about the maximum I think its respectable.

If you're a teenager then do whatever. You're likely to experiment with lots of approaches anyway.

If you're a twenty-something, 5-10 years earlier, as long as you look mostly similar. That's if you're camera shy or private, because otherwise you likely have more recent photos to use anyway, right? And I really just mean that if you're around 20, high school photos are a little weird but not bad, and if you're nearing 30, early 20s photos aren't bad if you look at least around the same or better now.

If you're a thirty-something, 10 years earlier, again if you look mostly similar. In other words, your 20s, not high school or collage years. But if you use your more youthful ~25 year old self in a photo and I see you're 35 and still healthy but with more signs of age, whatever. Put your twink photos away.

If you're a forty-something, 10-20 years earlier, and you know the drill. If you know your 20s self is a far cry from your 40s self, then stop deceiving people. But if your 20s self was just younger looking but now you're healthier looking, fitter, happier, then I'll just question why you bothered with that 20s photo, but otherwise its cool. There usually isn't that massive of a change between one's 30s and 40s (the former might hold onto semblance of young adulthood and the latter may be accelerating towards senior life, but neither is guaranteed). Again, put your twink photos away.

If you're a fifty-something, 20 years earlier, and only if you haven't shriveled up by now. Lots of people can keep up their looks between their 30s-50s and so showing off a really nice photo from back then, that still doesn't look that different, is just a nice share instead of an illusion. But around this age is when so many would post their high school, college, or I suppose 20s photos is applicable here too, and that's just.. pathetic. Put your young adult photos away.

If you're a sixty-something, 20-30 years earlier. You're an old man now, stop reminiscing on your motorbike trips in their 20s and move on. Stop putting your childhood pictures on your profile. Stop pretending you're that model you were until your thirties. Just stop. Have an album available of it if you want.

If you're in your thirties and gained a lot of weight, but you're trying to make people think you're much thinner and in your twenties, that's not the worst case out there, its just kind of sad.

I put too much thought into this.

I have some of this issue I guess. I'm 31 and don't use my teen pics, nor around 20 or early 20s, but my mid-to-late 20s stuff because I rarely get my picture taken and I'm shy from taking it myself. I'd say I have above average natural features that I don't work the best with, and I'm considered tall and somewhat handsome though filling out a little, so I shouldn't be acting this way, but I do. I think I did react badly to gaining an average of 5-10lbs into my later twenties, which is nothing compared to lots of others' stories, especially since I actually like my aging otherwise (hairline receding but fine, a few stray greys look good, very light eye wrinkling is fine). I'm just self-conscious so I'm lazy about updating, but I don't try to be deceitful. People even still think I'm ~25 oftentimes anyway, when not right up to my face.

by Anonymousreply 76January 27, 2021 4:20 PM

[quote] [R73] calls Gavin Newsom a hypocrite but probably supports Jerry Falwell Jr. Conservatives are the ultimate hypocrite.

Not at all, R73.

Am a California DEMOCRAT who voted for Gavin Newsom.

He’s no Jerry Brown. And everyone - of ALL political persuasions- realize he’s messed up here in California.

Republicans may be horrific, but that does not mean the Democrats ignore shoddy governance: regardless from where it stems. Otherwise we become like those Republicans who refuse to recognize it in their own party.

by Anonymousreply 77January 27, 2021 4:29 PM

R77 is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 78January 27, 2021 4:35 PM

[quote] [R77] is a fucking idiot.

As if you are not, R78.

by Anonymousreply 79January 27, 2021 4:42 PM

R79, you're the one bashing Dems while insisting you are not a Republican

You're the one who thinks it's hypocritical to work for a politician who isn't perfect, as if anyone is

by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2021 4:46 PM

R80 Not everyone you disagree with about any random topic is a Republican, dear. You sound mentally ill like some nutcase standing on a street corner calling random people cocksuckers and sinners.

P.S. I'm not the one you're arguing with. Just pointing out how fucking tiresome you are.

P.P.S. Some Democrats deserve to be fucking bashed.

by Anonymousreply 81January 27, 2021 4:52 PM

R81, insisting he's not a Republican while saying Democrats deserve to be "bashed"

You sound just like Glenn Greenwald. You're the loon

by Anonymousreply 82January 27, 2021 5:24 PM

R82 Keep following me around from thread to thread spewing the same bullshit, dear. You very well know that I was using the word "bashed" to mean criticism just as you were when you accused me of doing so. Don't pretend I was saying Democrats should be assaulted. But no doubt you'll keep following me around to even more threads and spew the same dishonest shit again and again until primetime hits and you're locked out.

by Anonymousreply 83January 27, 2021 5:27 PM

^^R83,

Do agree that poster R74 / R78 / R80 / R82 is mentally disturbed.

Have also seen them on other threads where anyone who disagrees with them is a “Republican”; despite repeated posts by others giving cogent explanations for their perspectives and affiliations to Democratic principles.

In my decade here at DL, I’ve only blocked one person. But “Republican Accusatory Troll” is veering close to becoming blocked poster #2.

by Anonymousreply 84January 27, 2021 5:49 PM

Republican Accusatory Troll = (Datalounge’s) RAT

by Anonymousreply 85January 27, 2021 5:54 PM

R84 must be one of r83's sock puppets

by Anonymousreply 86January 27, 2021 6:47 PM

His sucking up to Chrissy Teigen and John Legend is monumental and pathetic. He got a Chex Smores or something mix from their promotion with General Mills and he wet his pants on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 10, 2021 9:27 AM

Dating sites were even worse.

Men lied about their age and posted ancient photos. I set up dates and did not recognize them half the time. I was brutal.

I would sit down and ask how old are you really? Get a response that was only two or three years older than the 38 on the profile and then I would say.

"I know the most important thing about you already you are a liar and I can never trust you" then I would walk out.

by Anonymousreply 88February 10, 2021 9:35 AM

R14 it now says about him being "a dozen years older than the photo and fifty pounds heavier." which is closer than the photo being "10 years younger and 20 pounds lighter" - obviously it has been retroactively edited since you posted

Going by OP's pic its probably more like 120 pounds difference. The 10-12 year difference is no big deal, but the size difference - that shit never flies, and especially on a dating site like what R88 posted. Either he should change the pic or lose some fucking weight

by Anonymousreply 89February 10, 2021 10:39 AM

I don't know what you're talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 10, 2021 10:47 AM

Hmmmp, I always use my currect picture.

by Anonymousreply 91February 10, 2021 12:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!