Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sean Connery

"I am not an Englishman, I was never an Englishman, and I don't ever want to be one. I am a Scotsman! I was a Scotsman and I will always be one."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 8:18 PM

Calm down william Wallace! Maybe he should have turned down the knighthood...

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2021 7:31 PM

Yes in Barbados avoiding taxes. If he loved it so much he should have lived in it.

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2021 7:37 PM

Taxes are for other people to pay.

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2021 8:33 PM

Isn't he dead?

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote] Isn't he dead?

Tax department doesn't care

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2021 8:47 PM

They'll tax the pennies on your eyes!

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2021 8:55 PM

Indeed. Someone who's Scottish is Scottish and not English. If this news?

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2021 11:49 PM

Also an unrepentant abuser of women.

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2021 12:18 AM

There a lot of decent, charming and witty English people.

Scotts and the scotch Irish are a horrid people, very cruel and unpleasant. Definitely different cultures.

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2021 12:29 AM

R9 Scotts are awesome people.

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2021 1:03 AM

They have a violent nature.

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2021 1:23 AM

Oscar Wilde was also a proud Irishman despite being associated with Victorian England.

I agree the Scottish are awesome and Connery had every reason to be proud of his heritage.

The English are cool though especially their literature, music and TV shows. I don't give a damn about their monarchy though.

Both the English and Scottish had a big influence on the formation of American culture.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2021 7:19 PM

Andrew Scott is said to be very nice.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2021 7:21 PM

Scott towels, too.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote]Andrew Scott is said to be very nice.

Andrew Scott is so proud of being Irish he didn't bother hiding his accent when he played a Welsh man in Pride.

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2021 7:30 PM

[Quote] Andrew Scott is so proud of being Irish he didn't bother hiding his accent when he played a Welsh man in Pride.

Andrew took inspiration from Sean Connery in The Untouchables.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2021 8:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!