Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does Guy Fieri actually cook anymore?

I remember one show where he actually cooked in his own kitchen, but everything after that is just DDD, GGG, Guy's Ranch and cooking competition shows.

How the hell did he manage to turn one win on a cooking competition show into a career?

Does Emeril Lugassi hate his guts for stealing his place on the Food Network?

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2022 8:21 PM

Emeril Lagasse

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2021 1:44 PM

Why would you want him to?

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2021 1:45 PM

People are always talking about what a great chef he is, but I never see the guy cook anything.

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2021 1:46 PM

OP, I'm insulted that you would even imagine I know the answer to your question.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2021 1:48 PM

Emeril is rich as fuck and refused to do competitions and crud like Diners. He chose to end his career rather than be in such drek as the guy fairy.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2021 1:51 PM

For whatever reason lots of people like watching him, he is considered a charismatic host so he practically took over the Food Network. He is there to be a personality, not to cook.

[Quote]People are always talking about what a great chef he is

Who?!?

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2021 1:52 PM

Anymore? I'm not sure you could have ever legitimately called that "cooking".

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2021 1:52 PM

There's very little cooking on the cooking shows these days. I watched Tricia Yearwood make a peanut butter smoothy and I watched Pioneer Woman make fried eggs and sausage. I guess it's all about the personalities these days. Guy is perfect for that.

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2021 2:36 PM

It's basically just an aspirational lifestyle channel for fraus. Though some of the "recipes" on their web site are truly comical, especially the reviews for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2021 4:48 PM

Like it or not, he's an Everyman for America. You may not like his food or other aspects of his personality, but he sure is cute and charming in his own way.

He's like a giggly teddy bear and it works.

I want to not like him, but it's really hard. He is good TV.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2021 4:59 PM

He's disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2021 5:13 PM

"For whatever reason lots of people like watching him"

U.S. Americans feel comfortable with stocky guys with big mouths.

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2021 5:29 PM

Didn't he rise to fame on some competition show like "Who wants to be a TV chef" or something like that? If I remember correctly. I'm not sure he's even an accredited chef.

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2021 5:39 PM

Emeril's place on Food Network was taken by Alton Brown, who made sure his PR people pushed several "Alton's the new king of FN" articles, just to rub it in. I doubt Emeril thinks much about Guy. Alton probably has a voodoo doll of him tucked into his producer's desk, though.

Guy does a lot of charity and seems to be a good dude, with a tacky entertainment persona.

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2021 5:40 PM

Imagine walking in on Fieri and Rachael Ray boinking in a walk-in fridge.

by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2021 5:44 PM

Food Network is a bunch of bullshit now. Guy is a douche bag.

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2021 5:44 PM

No r9, it's a Game Show network.

Most Food Network programming is now some sort of game show esque competition. Guess that is what the audience watches.

by Anonymousreply 17January 25, 2021 5:50 PM

I guess I always underestimate the douchbag factor in someone's popularity.

R14 I remember Brown doing an interview bitching that one chef should no the face of FN. A dig at Emeril. Then he steps in and for a while was THE face of FN. I'm sure it irks him to no end that Guy is the reigning king now.

by Anonymousreply 18January 25, 2021 10:47 PM

I wouldn't mind watching him cook while is son Hunter bounced around on my dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2021 11:06 PM

Word, R19.

Hunter is just my flavor of cute AWG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2021 11:27 PM

Guy officiated at a gay wedding

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2021 11:28 PM

Hunter is fairly fuckable. But like "fetch", they need to stop trying to make him happen. He has the personality of a flour canister.

by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2021 11:32 PM

I live in the same county as Guy, and he regularly sets up temporary kitchens whenever there's a major wildfire, and mans it with a big crew for an indefinite amount of time. He's also done some major prepared food for COVID medical staff. It's a good PR move to be sure, but he's sincere about it and most people around here seem to like him. He also had some big national fundraising effort for laid-off restaurant workers and raised a shit-ton of cash. My take on him is that he knows his way around a kitchen but is more of a personality at this point.

by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2021 11:36 PM

Agree r22. Hunter Fieri does not have charisma to be a TV star, but Guy refuses to accept that.

by Anonymousreply 24January 26, 2021 12:18 AM

"Guy officiated at a gay wedding"

That's got to be a lie. He's infamous for being homophobic, telling producers he needs to be warned if the diner they're featuring requires him to interact with a gay person. A couple of gay people who were profiled on his show said he told homophobic jokes off camera and was overall rude and uncomfortable around them. It's why I stopped watching him.

Meanwhile, he was travelling with a gay personal hair stylist (for that hair?) and they had a very public screeching argument that sounded to on-lookers like a lovers' tiff.

I sincerely hope he isn't a closet case. Nobody needs another self-loathing freak.

He allegedly has a gay relative he's supportive of, but I call p.r. bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2021 12:27 AM

Guy's had a lesbian sister; he was very supportive.

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2021 2:41 AM

The tale of Fieri's stolen Lamborghini is pretty funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2021 2:54 AM

He does still cook on occasion and appears to still have kitchen chops.

On Guy's Grocery Games he'll just cook for fun, usually as a challenge from the judges while the contestants are busy. He also has an occasional show called something like "Guy's Backyard Kitchen" where he cooks with chef friends in his outdoor kitchen.

I had a mild negative reaction to him at first but he seems like a genuine nice guy who's still got skills.

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2021 8:18 AM

Gurl @R28, you be trippin'

by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2021 12:44 PM

I still love this savagely cunty review of his now-closed NYC restaurant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2021 12:52 PM

In his own lame cooking show of years back, Guy Fieri did "guy cooking." That means throw everything including the kitchen sink into the pot.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2021 12:59 PM

R25 I've noticed that he gets very uncomfortable anytime another guy gets too close to him. One guy made the mistake of putting his arm around him and he quickly moved away and said, "That got really weird."

I was the same way when I was a homophobic closet case before coming out.

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2021 1:02 PM

His ‘support” of gays is PR Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2021 1:10 PM

Jesus, that NYTimes review at r30!

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2021 2:38 PM

I think he's a restaurant trained cook - he refers to food as "product". He is not a fancy, fine dining chef, but I don't think he tries to be. Personally, he's reported to be a real prick. Homophobic, sexist and racist - I can't say I'm surprised. I do like his diner show, it would be much better if someone else did it. I think EL is a true chef, there's no comparison on skill level.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2021 2:51 PM

Strange to think that he actually trained in France.

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2021 2:53 PM

R25 Guy is a closet case according to several I know at the network.

by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2021 2:55 PM

r23 this is fantastic. When celebrities do stuff like this, you can almost, almost, forgive the other stuff. I am truly impressed that he does all this community service type stuff. It warms the cockles of my heart.

by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2021 3:01 PM

[quote] Strange to think that he actually trained in France.

Where? The frozen food section of Picard?

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2021 4:03 PM

[quote] "Guy officiated at a gay wedding" That's got to be a lie.

Actually it is a lie. A BIG, FAT LIE. He didn't officiate at a gay wedding. That never happened

he actually officiated at a wedding for 101 gay couples

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2021 8:14 PM

Can someone please explain to me what the fuck Guy Fieri ever did to anyone? Cause people shit on that dude all the time, and as far as I can tell, all he ever did was follow his dreams.

You have to understand, people are terrible to a television personality and he didn't do anything wrong. Here's what he did do, he started a company that hires everybody, pays workers above minimum wage, gives health benefits before he has to, he has a non-profit where he donates "pretzel-making machines to inner-city schools so they can fundraise. I know that sounds like I made that up, but I swear to Christ, it's true. He works with special Olympics' athletes and if you need a little more sugar with this medicine, he also officiated at a big gay wedding.

But because he has flames on his shirt, everyone shits on him like if he's a member of Nickelback. And by the way, what the hell did Nickelback ever do? They made 40 million bros happy. you don't want those guys walking around pissed off, that's how we ended up with this trump mess. That should bother all of you. And I get it. I don't want to hang out with Guy Fieri either. I know he looks like a hot topic manager moonlighting at a Fridays, but he didn't do anything wrong. Well what else has Guy done? I'm so glad you asked

He goes around the country to small businesses and gives them free advertising on a national platform on a weekly basis. Advertising that those small businesses could never afford themselves, with his own television show. But because his hair looks like he was electrocuted while he was drinking mountain dew, people act like we need to saw his head off and put it on the internet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 26, 2021 8:37 PM

R41 my problem with him is he represents everything that's wrong with the world today. Where a cult of personality is more important that genuine talent or having to prove yourself.

Kids making millions of dollars opening toys on a YouTube channel.

Children of celebrities becoming celebrated models.

Kim fucking Kardashian.

If Guy was to do Iron Chef or some such thing where he had to prove his culinary skills I'd respect him much more than anything else he's done.

Fact is, he's a Goddamned lucky son of a bitch and people worship him as if he's the second coming of Escoffier.

by Anonymousreply 42January 26, 2021 10:32 PM

Oh simmer down, R42.

Nobody "worships" Guy Fieri. They just like him. That's all. They like him.

They like his personality, his attitude, and they like that he has culinary knowledge while looking looking like the manager of Jiffy Lube. It's no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 43January 26, 2021 10:49 PM

R41 you wrote a biography on him and you're telling me to simmer down?

Just watching the man eat makes me feel ill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2021 10:51 PM

What're you talking about, R44.

I didn't write any "biography." My other comment was R28 and merely explained him cooking on a couple tv shows. Again, simmer down.

by Anonymousreply 45January 26, 2021 10:55 PM

Who cares! Ramsay all the way. I really admire and fucking adore him.

by Anonymousreply 46January 26, 2021 11:00 PM

Gordon Ramsay, R46?

A guy who got famous because he's a raging asshole who treats people despicably? You adore him? He needs to have his ass kicked.

Oh, I hear you saying, but he's nice to the contestants on Kid's Master Chef. Yeah, great low bar to set.

Can you imagine a woman behaving like that and getting accolades? No way. But Gordon is loved for some reason. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2021 11:10 PM

"Can someone please explain to me what the fuck Guy Fieri ever did to anyone?"

Is that you, Pauly Shore?

Guy Fieri did pretty well for an announcer-tv personality. He has no talent except for to shove pork and beans into his fat ass mouth. And the Food Network gave half of its network to him. Guy Fieri is not Italian, he's Irish posing as an Italian. He's a fat, ugly and obnoxious TV personality. For every redneck who thinks Fieri is a gourmet cook, there are thousand who have turned off Food Network because of him. And that goes for Robert Irvine too. Bobby Flay is more tolerable, but a jerk too.

THIS is what people have against Guy Fieri.

by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2021 11:56 PM

Gordon Ramsey stole his best friend's GF when he found out her father was the CEO of a restaurant chain. After marrying Gordon got his own Michelin star restaurant without actually working for it.

He has excellent culinary skills, but he's a sociopath who has used people his entire life to get ahead.

As for Fieiri, I can't respect a guy who changes his original last name because it sounded gay and reinvented himself as Italian when he is not.

by Anonymousreply 49January 27, 2021 4:40 PM

What was his last name before?

by Anonymousreply 50January 27, 2021 4:58 PM

^ Ferry

by Anonymousreply 51January 27, 2021 5:08 PM

Fun fact: "fieri" is the Latin word for "to become." So in Latin his name means "to become a guy."

by Anonymousreply 52January 27, 2021 5:17 PM

R52 so maybe that homophobic homesexual queen is trying to become a guy with his schtick.

by Anonymousreply 53February 13, 2021 8:13 AM

His last name was originally spelled Fairy. He should have changed it to Faireé.

by Anonymousreply 54February 13, 2021 8:17 AM

I don't watch TVs, I have no idea who is No1. on Food network now. But I see Emeril has many licensed merchandises in stores, from cooking ware to air fryers. Guy Fieri and Alton brown, I know their names but I don't think they have licensed deal like Emeril, which is the money maker for tv chefs these days.

by Anonymousreply 55February 13, 2021 8:32 AM

He's friends with Vanilla Ice so that's reason enough to hate him.

by Anonymousreply 56February 22, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote] How the hell did he manage to turn one win on a cooking competition show into a career?

His career is built on playing to the lowbrow poor white trash who like his crappy shows. The Food Network went straight to hell many years ago. I used to love it, but haven't watching anything on it in many years.

by Anonymousreply 57February 22, 2021 11:47 PM

They might as well just rename The Food Network, "The Fieri Network."

Every time I tune to the channel, it's something with him in it.

I can't take it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 58May 1, 2022 5:23 AM

Personally I think he reduces the culinary arts to bowling alley status. His restaurants sucks. On his show DDD he freaked out when he found out the owners of one of the restaurants were gay - he chewed out his stage manager saying that these gays really weird me out - I hate being around them, and I should have been warned. I think that's why people really don't like him. He's a talentless, low class, bigoted asshole.

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2022 5:21 PM

Hasn't he been to every fucking diner in the country by now?

by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2022 7:26 PM

Ruminating about Fieri's career is a popular weekend activity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2022 7:40 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2022 8:01 PM

Did he ever? I mean he can assemble your typical slop but let's not call it cooking, at least not in the sense of building a career out of it. But, hey, microwaving bacon in between paper towel sheets is "cooking" as per Rachael Ray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2022 8:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2022 8:18 PM

[QUOTE]For whatever reason lots of people like watching him, he is considered a charismatic host so he practically took over the Food Network.

AND JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT???

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2022 8:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!