Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nick Jonas in Talks to Play Frankie Valli in 'Jersey Boys' Streaming Production

Looks like Nick Jonas' next project will be legendary!

A source tells ET that the 28-year-old singer is in talks to portray The Four Seasons frontman Frankie Valli in a streaming event performance of the iconic Broadway musical Jersey Boys. ET has confirmed that Valli is working on the upcoming production.

Jonas' wife, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, seemed to confirm the casting on her own on Tuesday by posting a screenshot of an article from Deadline to her Instagram Stories. "Wohhooo let's get it @nickjonas!" she gushed. The outlet was the first to report the news about the project, which is set to be produced by Graham King, the Dodgers, Valli and fellow Four Seasons member Bob Gaudio.

Frankie Valli Frankie Valli circa 1970. Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images Jersey Boys, which ran on Broadway from 2005 to 2017, was one of the longest-running shows in Broadway history. The musical follows the story of Valli, Gaudio, Nick Massi and Tommy DeVito, and how they came together to form the internationally successful rock group The Four Seasons in the 1960s. Some of their most popular hits include "Big Girls Don't Cry," "Walk Like a Man" and "Sherry."

Jonas, of course, is no stranger to theater. He's appeared on Broadway in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Annie Get Your Gun, Beauty and the Beast and Les Misérables. Hear more in the video below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2021 9:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2021 8:23 AM

As if he could do the role better than this guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2021 8:31 AM

Opening shot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2021 2:28 PM

Ooohhh r2.

by Anonymousreply 4February 3, 2021 11:38 AM

That’s so adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 3, 2021 2:13 PM

If Kevin Jonas’s ass isn’t playing Nick Massey, then I don’t even want to see it.

Mr. Chopra by contrast is unappealing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 3, 2021 8:30 PM

Nick already believes he’s the next coming of Springsteen. Do we need to fuel another delusion?

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2021 3:38 PM

Nick is Frankie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2021 6:50 PM

I guess he needed some good news to report after Spaceman wasn't commercially successful.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2021 6:53 PM

I don’t give a shit about his music, and I know most people here think he’s simian and fug - but damn, looking at that boy is a guilty pleasure of mine.

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2021 6:53 PM

At least he has a little Italian in him, so it won’t be completely a case of wearing Italian face.

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2021 6:55 PM

I bet he had a lot of Italian in him at some point.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2021 6:57 PM

How's his falsetto?

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2021 7:05 PM

I saw Mark Ballas when he played Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys.

Mark gets my vote.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2021 7:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 9, 2021 7:17 PM

Is he known for singing falsetto? His nasal warbling of "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" still haunts me.

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2021 7:20 PM

Is nick as short as he looks in the pic at r15?

And that barely looks like Andy Karl on th left but he’s tagged.

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2021 7:37 PM

JLY was so right for the role of Frankie both in the movie and on Broadway that they should have retired the role with him.

He’s gay, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2021 7:42 PM

He dated Lea Michele!

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2021 7:42 PM

I think Nick will be marvelous in this show, but Kevin has always been my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2021 7:45 PM

JLY's voice is way way way better suited to the role, but unfortunately, it's not suited for much anything else.

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2021 7:54 PM

Cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 9, 2021 8:58 PM

David Norona was the original Frankie in La Jolla and he was adorable and quite good, the reviews said the show didn't have a future without him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 9, 2021 9:24 PM

Noroña handsomer and sexier than JLY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 9, 2021 9:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!