Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FBI investigating whether woman stole laptop from Pelosi's office to sell it to Russia

The FBI is investigating evidence that a woman who entered the Capitol on Jan. 6 stole a laptop or hard drive from Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office and intended to sell it to Russians.

The bizarre claim, which the FBI emphasized remains under investigation, was included in an affidavit describing the criminal case against Riley June Williams, a Pennsylvania woman who was seen in footage of the Jan. 6 insurrection in area of the Capitol near Pelosi's office.

And it's not clear if the FBI has been able to apprehend her.

"It appears that WILLIAMS has fled," according to the affidavit, which was signed Sunday and posted publicly after 9 p.m.. "According to local law enforcement officers in Harrisburg, WILLIAMS’ mother stated that WILLIAMS packed a bag and left her home and told her mother she would be gone for a couple of weeks. WILLIAMS did not provide her mother any information about her intended destination."

A Pelosi aide was not immediately available for comment. It was not clear if a laptop or hard drive was actually stolen.

According to the affidavit, a witness who spoke to authorities claimed to have seen a video of Williams "taking a laptop computer or hard drive from Speaker Pelosi’s office.""[Witness 1] stated that WILLIAMS intended to send the computer device to a friend in Russia, who then planned to sell the device to SVR, Russia’s foreign intelligence service," the agent noted. "According to [Witness 1], the transfer of the computer device to Russia fell through for unknown reasons and WILLIAMS still has the computer device or destroyed it."

"This matter remains under investigation," the agent concludes.

For now, Williams is facing charges of entering a restricted building and disorderly conduct for her actions inside the Capitol.

The agent handling Williams' case also spoke to law enforcement officials in Harrisburg who had recently interacted with Williams' parents. Williams' mother on Jan. 11 filed a suspicious persons report against the person the FBI has identified as "Witness 1." That witness is described as a former romantic partner of the suspect.

While local officers were present, Williams' mother called her via video, and officers saw her wearing a brown jacket that matched the one she was seen wearing in images from the Jan. 6 riots. Harrisburg officers also spoke with Williams' father, who said he drove with her to Washington for the protests but that they split up for the day while she joined other friends.

The pair drove home from Washington after meeting outside the Capitol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 22, 2022 5:27 AM

It's amazing how many Republican traitors to this country, this election has exposed.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2021 8:03 AM

Exactly R1. These are the dingleberries that are Trump supporters. With friends like these...

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2021 8:13 AM

[quote]Riley June Williams, a Pennsylvania woman

Pennsylvania is really giving Florida a run for its money.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2021 9:08 AM

Why didn't we suspect Russia from the beginning)? It's just what they would have wanted.

And wouldn't it be great to discover that certain U. S Americans were colluding with Rusher?

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2021 9:10 AM

[quote] stole a laptop or hard drive from Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office and intended to sell it to Russians.

I don’t get these people. Who the fuck were you going to call?

I mean say I stole state secrets and wanted to sell them to anybody. You think I have spies on my contacts list? I wouldn’t know who to call. Would she have called the Embassy? 😂

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2021 10:56 AM

Remember when the US executed a woman who was suspected of selling government secrets to Russia?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2021 1:09 PM

She's exactly who I thought of, when I read this article op.

But I guess Deplorable MAGATS are above the law, and always get a pass.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2021 1:40 PM

Unlike Reality Winner, r7. From Wiki:

On April 24, 2020, a federal judge rejected Winner's request to commute the remaining 19 months of her 63-month sentence and be released to home confinement due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Winner's lawyer argued that her history of respiratory illness and immune system compromised by bulimia makes her highly vulnerable to the virus. Two inmates had tested positive before being transferred to the federal medical center where (under the terms of her June 2018 guilty plea agreement) Winner is housed to meet her special needs; they were immediately quarantined and never entered the general population. The government insisted that the Bureau of Prisons (BOP) "has taken aggressive action to mitigate the danger and is taking careful steps to protect inmates' and BOP staff members' health." The judge found that Winner did not exhaust her administrative remedies through the BOP, which he held has sole authority to grant her compassionate release.

On July 20, 2020, it was reported that Winner had tested positive for COVID-19.[62] By September 13, 2020, Winner was recovering from the coronavirus, although still experiencing occasional shortness of breath.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote] She's exactly who I thought of, when I read this article op. But I guess Deplorable MAGATS are above the law, and always get a pass.

You could always pelt them with some extra commas if that makes you feel better. You apparently have plenty.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2021 2:02 PM

Or you could just drop dead, R9.

Yeah, I think that would be best.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2021 2:20 PM

I'm baffled by the title.

Was it stolen, or wasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2021 2:25 PM

Funny, r10, in reviewing your posts, you seem to be quite the taskmaster on a lot of threads.

Funny how when it comes back to YOUR mistakes it’s “drop dead.”

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2021 2:27 PM

[quote] Winner was recovering from the coronavirus, although still experiencing occasional shortness of breath.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2021 2:27 PM

We can't possibly have a stupid enough government that they

(a) would store sensitive information on a local drive and

(b) wouldn't have a kill switch for any and all laptops

If we don't have safeguards in place for that, then silly us.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2021 2:32 PM

I hope that none of Nancy's nudes that she stores on her laptop will get out!

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2021 2:34 PM

Can you imagine if Nancy has photos of her naked titties on that laptop?

Damn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2021 2:35 PM

R14 you mean the government tech services that let multiple agencies download and install commercial softeware with back doors for the Russians?

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2021 2:37 PM

Mmmm... just look at those bazingas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2021 2:39 PM

Does Nancy keep a "burn book" on her laptop?

Calling Mitch McConnell "Miss McTurtle" and Lindsey Graham "The Senatrice?"

Rofl!

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2021 2:52 PM

Proof yet again that Russians have infiltrated this country's right-wing militia hate groups, and is using them to try to overthrow our government.

If we need to build a fucking wall anywhere, it's between the US and Russia.

They're animals. Drunken, homophobic, bigoted dirty pigs who don't belong in the United States.

Russians are goddamned TRASH.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2021 2:54 PM

I doubt this device had anything secret stored on it, especially if it was kept out in an anteroom of the Speaker's office. I'm thinking of those MAGA warthogs in the videos of the Senate chamber, rifling through senator's desks and taking photos, expecting to find incriminating evidence on the "steal." Probably this laptop will yield innovative risotto tips like the DNC email hack.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2021 3:05 PM

[quote] Probably this laptop will yield innovative risotto tips like the DNC email hack.

Or the D'Alesandro family recipe for "Sunday Gravy," which is an absolute MUST SHARE with Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2021 3:12 PM

Looks like someone just happened to catch the lady on the lam!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2021 3:40 PM

Oh shit, R23!!!

At first I thought it was some sort of joke video footage.

But it's the real thing!!

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2021 3:43 PM

Looks like cell phones and technology are actually good for something after all.

If for no other reason than to catch every single one of these Deplorable treasonous traitors, so they each can be tried, convicted, and HANGED by the gallows they put up themselves.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2021 3:44 PM

She looks like Sarah Palin at R23.

With a zebra print bag, no less. Talk about conspicuous!!

So this MAGAT is a Russian spy?

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2021 3:45 PM

Sorry if I made r23 sound like a joke, it really is someone who happened to be filming in an area when the lady was leaving the Capitol building, with something in her bag that wasn't in it when she entered.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2021 3:48 PM

Has she been arrested yet, R27?

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2021 3:52 PM

If this proves to be true, Riley is in deep shit. What an idiot to risk your future for the likes of Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2021 3:53 PM

They like Russia because it's white. And anti-gay and anti-Semitic and anti-Muslim and so racist it would make your great grandpa blush. This whole thing is to start a race war and these people are deranged.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2021 3:56 PM

We need to find this traitorous, treasonous little fuck and then execute her - I mean, prosecute her - to the fullest extent of the law!!!

And if it results in her execution, then so be it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2021 3:57 PM

That Raven Geary is a TRUE PATRIOT!

I think it was fate that he caught her on his video phone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2021 4:00 PM

A “former lover” turned her in.

Her mother identified her daughter in the video and told the FBI that her daughter “had become increasingly involved with far-right circles online”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote] Or the D'Alesandro family recipe for "Sunday Gravy," which is an absolute MUST SHARE with Datalounge!

I know people back in Sicily who were disappeared for less than that. You don’t share a secret recipe.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2021 4:04 PM

Every last one of these cretins need to be imprisoned for life.

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2021 4:05 PM

It’s in many ways sad — she’s only 22 years old, her life is over, she was used. But justice must be served, all them have to held accountable. But I’m sad for some of them — trust me, I want to kill them all too, but how pathetic???? They were USED by the very people and ideas they’re “protesting”. A fat orange mobster used uneducated vulnerable people, and then threw them away. I have kids in college, they’re stupid, they’re young. This girl is REALLY really dumb though.

I do hope he sticks with not pardoning them, that might be the one thing that chips off another chunk of his cultists. I think *many* of them expect a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2021 4:07 PM

R36 I don't care of she's 88. A crime against the US constitution is still a crime.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2021 4:11 PM

Now, everyone, let's not rush to condemn. Is selling state secrets to the Russians really such a bad thing?

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2021 4:11 PM

[quote] Her mother identified her daughter in the video and told the FBI that her daughter “had become increasingly involved with far-right circles online”.

It really does warm my heart to know that there are good and decent people out there, who are putting our safety and the good of this country, before their traitorous cunt family members.

There have been so many stories of people identifying these insurrectionists, and without them, they would be getting away with it.

These people are REAL heroes.

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2021 4:12 PM

I read on FB that she drove with her father to DC, but they didn’t spend the day together. The article I read didn’t mention if he participated in the attack.

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2021 4:40 PM

Submitted before I could add that the mother said she packed a bag and said she would be gone for a few weeks, but daddy drove her.

The family seems sketchy.

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2021 4:42 PM

Mom also said “she’s very empathetic and loving”. HAH!

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2021 4:44 PM

It's kind of endearing how many of these people have been turned in by their family members and co-workers. The scary part is they are fearful of their dangerous relatives

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2021 4:48 PM

What she did really sounds like treason. I mean, attempting to sell the Speaker of the House's laptop to Russia? She needs to be executed.

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2021 5:00 PM

R37, I completely agree. Age doesn’t matter. I’m just pointing out the waste of a life, this dumb bitch had her entire life ahead of her. She graduated fucking high school four years ago. But I want the book thrown at them, up to and including execution.

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2021 5:18 PM

The laptop’s not big enough for that, R16.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2021 5:36 PM

I don’t understand why Politico calls it a “bizarre claim”. It’s totally in line with mainstream Republican sentiment. They like Russia more than they like Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2021 7:09 PM

Exactly, R47.

"The friend of my enemy is my friend" idiocy.

And this is from Republicans, the same group of assholes who brought you the McCarthy Hearings.

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2021 8:29 PM

There were a few parent-child duos at this clusterfuck.

What kind of loser parent takes his/her loser adult-kid to a fucking terrorist assault on the United States Capitol?

Seriously, who does that?

by Anonymousreply 49January 18, 2021 8:46 PM

[quote] What kind of loser parent takes his/her loser adult-kid to a fucking terrorist assault on the United States Capitol?

[quote] Seriously, who does that?

FMOA.

Future MAGATS of America.

by Anonymousreply 50January 18, 2021 9:00 PM

The way she is hurrying out of there makes it seem like that was her goal. Get in, steal something that may be of value to foreign interests and split.

by Anonymousreply 51January 18, 2021 9:16 PM

I hope Russia gets SHIT from that theft.

Better yet, I hope they get a fucking virus that attacks their entire internet system.

Serves those fucking DOGS right!

by Anonymousreply 52January 18, 2021 9:26 PM

Da.

Not interest recipes.

by Anonymousreply 53January 18, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote] What kind of loser parent takes his/her loser adult-kid to a fucking terrorist assault on the United States Capitol?

R49, I feel sorry for you if you can't understand the importance of mommy-son bonding.

by Anonymousreply 54January 18, 2021 9:41 PM

Rachel Maddow was reporting that "something went wrong" with the transfer of the laptop into Russian hands, so the bitch either dumped it or destroyed it.

Fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 55January 19, 2021 2:39 AM

BUSTED!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 19, 2021 3:33 AM

Laptop girl was arrested, her mom had told press earlier that the intended transfer of the laptop to someone in Russia fell through and the girl either still had it or destroyed it before running off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 19, 2021 3:12 PM

Meanwhile, regarding Reality Winner...

On April 24, 2020, a federal judge rejected Winner's request to commute the remaining 19 months of her 63-month sentence and be released to home confinement due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Winner's lawyer argued that her history of respiratory illness and immune system compromised by bulimia makes her highly vulnerable to the virus. Two inmates had tested positive before being transferred to the federal medical center where (under the terms of her June 2018 guilty plea agreement) Winner is housed to meet her special needs; they were immediately quarantined and never entered the general population. The government insisted that the Bureau of Prisons (BOP) "has taken aggressive action to mitigate the danger and is taking careful steps to protect inmates' and BOP staff members' health." The judge found that Winner did not exhaust her administrative remedies through the BOP, which he held has sole authority to grant her compassionate release.

On July 20, 2020, it was reported that Winner had tested positive for COVID-19. By September 13, 2020, Winner was recovering from the coronavirus, although still experiencing occasional shortness of breath.

by Anonymousreply 58January 19, 2021 3:19 PM

r19- I want to state for the record that I am NOT too gay to function.

by Anonymousreply 59January 19, 2021 3:19 PM

Well she wasn’t short of breath on January 6!

by Anonymousreply 60January 19, 2021 3:23 PM

I thought bulimics were supposed to be thin.

by Anonymousreply 61January 19, 2021 3:24 PM

You guys are slipping. Did you not notice the past partner was a woman. So is she bi or gay?

by Anonymousreply 62January 19, 2021 3:27 PM

If she's charged with espionage (which is very possible), Alt-Right Daria is looking at a possible life sentence.

File under: "Burn After Reading"

by Anonymousreply 63January 20, 2021 8:38 PM

Lesbian drama reaches new heights:

"my middle school girlfriend is WANTED by the FBI for stealing nancy pelosi’s computer and trying to sell it to the Russians."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 20, 2021 9:03 PM

I'm sure lots of spies infiltrated with the mob and stole lots and lots of files and paperwork...

by Anonymousreply 65January 20, 2021 10:10 PM

More degenerate “patriot” behavior.

by Anonymousreply 66January 20, 2021 10:23 PM

The judge gave this crazy cunt permission to attend the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 22, 2022 5:24 AM

BLYAT!

by Anonymousreply 68August 22, 2022 5:26 AM

Look at Libby with her ALL CAPS for EMPHASIS.

The fraus can’t resist.

by Anonymousreply 69August 22, 2022 5:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!