Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden unveils sweeping Coronavirus health and economic recovery plan

It's been so long since we heard from an American Federal [bold]LEADER[/bold] and a real [bold]PRESIDENT[/bold] give a speech which lays out the facts and figures and then provides actual plans to deal with the chronic issues and challenges America and the American people are currently facing.

Now [bold]THAT'S[/bold] what a President sounds like.

Did anyone else see/hear Biden's speech and feel a small glimmer of hope and feeling of normalcy return for the first time in a long, long time?

I surprised myself by shedding a tear. You?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2021 6:11 PM

I missed normalcy, we won't have to be fearful of what that orange pustule tweets or does next. 5 more days!

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2021 2:02 AM

I was stunned by the speech content. I had forgotten what a President sounds like.

I think Biden's first 100 day plan sounds excellent and achievable.

I'm not sure how the 100 days of masking wearing is going to go down with the deplorables. If anything will spark a revolution then it turns out wearing masks will!

I am excited and hopeful for the future.

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2021 2:07 AM

Sleepy Joe stole that from me. The Chinese, they gave us the Chinese Plague, I stopped it by banning China's planes, hackened into your President Trump’s files! China Joe has plagered before, bigly. You know that, right?

Stole the election. I won every state, but you can't fight a crooked Electric College. Not even with the best lawyers like America's Mayor Rudy and Steve Winwood. My judges, I should call them my Judases, right? Didn't even let my lawyers talk! So they couldn't show all the fraud, dead people voted, dogs, it's true. Sounds crazy, I know. Philadelphia, Detroit, you know what I'm saying, corrupt, crooked. Lots of bad people.

But the bad people hate Trump, so Old Joe will take over next week. And Kamala the next week.

Just remember: The National Guard can't stay here forever. So stand back and stand by.

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2021 2:20 AM

But the deficit!!’

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2021 4:30 AM

I'm a wee bit surprised that this thread didn't get more comments considering how bleak things are with Covid and the economy.

I guess we aren't done talking about Trump?

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2021 12:18 PM

I'm glad about his plan but EVERY time he speaks he has to drop some sob story about some, poor , pitiful "real" American in dire straits. "Can it, Joe," i want to scream at the TV.

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2021 12:32 PM

People are still too afraid to hope because time has come to a motherfucking STOP, it seems. The next few days will be an eternity.

I'll repost this to the Coronavirus thread.

R6 I sort of agree. Just make like Cuomo and get to the charts and Powerpoints, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2021 12:34 PM

Can it, r6.

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2021 12:34 PM

I was thinking yesterday: it feels like Joe Biden has the potential to go down as one of the truly great presidents in American history, along with Lincoln and FDR. Of course, this is in large part thanks to the horrific situation he's inheriting and the state of our country right now. It's also dependent on how everything unfolds over the next four years. And he probably won't be fully appreciated for 50+ years (assuming we're still these united states then).

Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2021 12:38 PM

Americans are in terrible dire straights R6.

In the last week 965 thousand Americans filed for unemployment. Add that to the MILLIONS already on unemployment and M-O-O-N spells fucked.

A lot of people are on the verge of starvation and homelessness or already there.

What were you saying again R6?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2021 12:39 PM

People were saying on another thread that the trolls were gone thanks to Primetime, yet r6 is still here.

What gets me is that these people who always complain about Democrats will scream "They don't care about us!" until some Dem literally says he cares, then they say "Shut up, you're so corny!" Happens every time. I remember people doing this with Clinton 25 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2021 12:42 PM

I'm glad he is going big. Watch out for the newly proclaimed GoP deficit hawks

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2021 12:45 PM

R10 We should all know that by now, so just cut to the chase and give us the details. I'm so thrilled that someone in authority has a PLAN, I want to hear it ASAP! No disrespect meant to Joe.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2021 12:46 PM

Me too R13 (that somebody is finally acknowledging the shitfest and has a plan for moving forward). I still can't believe that the current President just hasn't mentioned Coronavirus. Just ignored it completely.

If you watched the speech then Biden laid out all the details in it. Numbers, how much money is required for each issue and how much it will cost.

I was impressed to hear a fucking President speak with brutal honestly and hard facts after so long of living in the Twilight Zone. None of it's easy or cheap but it has to be done to save lives and the economy. America is in a world of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2021 12:52 PM

I remember in March being horrified at the thought of 150,000 deaths, which is what officials thought MIGHT happen. Here we are at 400,000 deaths. And all because an asshole told people they didn’t have to wear masks and everything would be fine.

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2021 12:55 PM

But he forgot to mention how much has been allocated to our cronies!

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2021 12:56 PM

Good point, R16.

Isn't it too bad that the people in Flint, Michigan, weren't thrilled when he visited their city to talk about football and how much his father liked cars made in Detroit, but just mentioned the water crisis that has destroyed their lives?

Oh, and by the way: the criminal who did all this, Rick Snyder... Endorsed Biden! Surprising, huh?

It must be an act of Russian interference mixed with seditious MAGAts, Muslim terrorists (except the ones working for ISIS and Saudi Arabia, and financed by the US government), Iranian nuclear programs, Northern Korean violations to human rights and Chinese viruses - because we all know that anyone who opposed US imperialism, is a monster.

Oh, and by the way: don't you dare to criticize Biden, because that is VIOLENCE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2021 6:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!