Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Watching Rachel Maddow’s interview of AOC tonight. It’s fucking painful.

She has not answered one question. I want to hear her anecdotal story of her harrowing experience on 1/6, but she won’t say anything. It’s frustrating as hell, for me the viewer and I’m sure Rachel as well. What’s the point of interviewing someone who has nothing new to add? Rachel has had several guests like this recently.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2021 4:00 PM

I stopped watching Maddow weeks before the election. I just can't take her anymore.

With Biden coming in, now would be a great time for her to retire.

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2021 1:54 AM

Let's bash Maddow and AOC. Start by saying AOC has NOTHING to add -only that she was almost assassinated. BORING! Then say Rachel should retire. That should prime the pump for you to spew your hate from multiple accounts.

good job, boris.

by Anonymousreply 2January 16, 2021 2:00 AM

Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC Let's talk about AOC

by Anonymousreply 3January 16, 2021 2:02 AM

I was enjoying watching Rachel's take on things the week of the insurrection, but it does seem like the engagement with interviewees and content isn't great most of the time and has only gotten worse this week.

by Anonymousreply 4January 16, 2021 2:03 AM

Shut the fuck up OP, go watch Fox.

by Anonymousreply 5January 16, 2021 2:04 AM

[quote] Let's bash Maddow and AOC.

R2 Are you being sarcastic?

by Anonymousreply 6January 16, 2021 2:12 AM

F/F OP

by Anonymousreply 7January 16, 2021 2:17 AM

Boobs R2/R5, did you even watch the interview??

My frustration is that AOC would not answer questions about her ordeal. It’s probably due to legal liability if she makes specific accusations, but what’s the point of interviewing someone if they can’t answer questions. I’ve always been a fan of Rachel, but nearly all of her “exclusive “ interviews turn out this way. I want NEW information!!

by Anonymousreply 8January 16, 2021 2:18 AM

Oh, and fuck all y’all for calling me Boris. Thanks.

A quick review of my previous posts says otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 9January 16, 2021 2:19 AM

DId you listen to her interview with David Kessler, R8? That whole thing was a revelation: we're about to have an extraordinarily skillful head of the US Covid response. ' As for AOC, what I got was a) that she still can't give specifics, and b) she and several other leftie reps literally don't feel safe around their gun-toting QANON/MAGA colleagues. Enough so that they avoided the "safe room" (not so safe, as it turned out to be a covid spreader events due to Rs who wouldn't wear masks. But I digress) and, as a result, were put in other sorts of danger during the inssurection,.

by Anonymousreply 10January 16, 2021 2:22 AM

I did R10. I watched it after I started this thread. I guess I’m just dying to get specifics from her and Mikie Sherrill. I want those fuckers Boebert and Taylor Green to be arrested.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2021 2:27 AM

r10, just ignore OP/r8

by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2021 2:28 AM

The right had made AOC the boogie man. She is on the top of their hit list.

Her fear for her life is warranted.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2021 2:38 AM

I found it very chilling to hear her talk. She and Rep. Garimundi and Nancy Pelosi pretty well have come right out and said they are afraid some of their Republican colleagues could get them killed or kill them. That Lauren Boebert bitch gave Nancy's location to the terrorists knowing they were hunting her to put a bullet in her "noggin".

AOC went as far as she could tonight when she told Rachel there are white supremacists and Q Anon supporters in the Republican ranks-more than just the ones named Gosar, Biggs, Boebert, Greene, Cawthorne. She looks sad and a little frightened-much like Nancy did at her press conference today. They know this shit runs deep in the Republican party and it will be difficult to purge. Rachel always has good guests and asks excellent questions. Don't like her-watch the garbage on Faux or OANN or Newsmax.

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2021 5:32 AM

AOC? Who the hell’s that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2021 5:38 AM

AOC is saving the story for her book

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2021 5:48 AM

I’m sure she has a story to sell. Bye Felicia!

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2021 5:59 AM

Dear lordie, what oh what will CNN and MSNBC broadcast about, once Trump is out of office? HEY, I know, maybe they'll actually begin researching and airing stories about also non-White House events and one of the other countries and their residents that surround the United States around the rest of our planet (?),. smh

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2021 6:17 AM

WTF, the MAGA brigade has descended? Bunch o' maroons.

by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2021 8:54 AM

R18 Whaaaaa whaaaaaaaa my guy lost the election whaaa whaaaaaa

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2021 8:57 AM

[quote]My frustration is that AOC would not answer questions about her ordeal. It’s probably due to legal liability if she makes specific accusations

Or perhaps she has very specific, detailed information which she has shared with those in charge of the investigation and has been told that revealing anything could imperil possible future prosecutions.

So, not fear of "legal liability" but respect for the legal process.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2021 9:06 AM

[quote]My frustration is that AOC would not answer questions about her ordeal.

It's an active investigation, you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2021 9:25 AM

[quote]AOC went as far as she could tonight when she told Rachel there are white supremacists and Q Anon supporters in the Republican ranks-more than just the ones named Gosar, Biggs, Boebert, Greene, Cawthorne.

Of course she did, OP is just being a little shit-stirrer. These types have been bitching 24/7 about Pelosi, AOC, Maddow, Democrats in general, Biden sometimes, and making a lot of comments like r18 about how it's just the liberal media focusing on Trump for no reason except ratings and a personal/political vendetta.

I mean, hey, we just witnessed an attempted coup, but yeah, let's complain because AOC isn't revealing things during an active investigation, and complain about MSNBC's coverage being all about their obsession with Trump and not, I dunno, reporting on the recent insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 23January 16, 2021 9:29 AM

Save it, trolls. It was reported days ago that AOC had received a threat, but that she had been specifically instructed not to discuss it. And Rachel even prefaced her questions by remarking that she knew AOC had been asked not to discuss it, but that she hoped AOC would be able to talk around the restrictions by discussing how she felt when it was happening.

This is a troll thread without a point.

by Anonymousreply 24January 16, 2021 11:57 AM

I vote Democratic (can't register by party in my state), but AOC is to the left as Jim Jordan or Matt Gaetz are to the right. She's just a different type of fringey...

But at least she proved the importance of keeping institutionalists in leadership positions. They keep nitwits like her in check.

by Anonymousreply 25January 16, 2021 12:03 PM

I think it's great that they are keeping a lid on this. Wait till after Dump leaves and cannot pardon anyone anymore. Then all this will come out in spades...

by Anonymousreply 26January 16, 2021 12:08 PM

R25, I think you seem to misread these people in a very unproductive way. I do not align politically with Jim Jordan or AOC. However, AOC simply comes to different conclusions than I do based on her values. Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz lie. demagogue, and incite. Shrugging off that both sides are equally bad is why the Capitol coup was emboldened.

by Anonymousreply 27January 16, 2021 12:47 PM

Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz that whole cabal have no interest in governing or policy beyond tax cuts and deregulation just like the whole repub party. AOC at least has ideas and you have to start somehwere

by Anonymousreply 28January 16, 2021 12:52 PM

It was clear that AOC has been instructed not to give any specifics due to the ongoing investigation, but Rachel could have done a better job reining her in a bit. She was talking at length in circles giving no specifics for minutes at a time. I'm sitting there like OK Rachel let's keep this interview moving.

by Anonymousreply 29January 16, 2021 12:54 PM

OP, I’m so sorry people called you Boris when they should’ve called fucked in the head, idiot, dipshit retard!

AOC made it clear she couldn’t give specifics because the investigation is on-going, she didn’t want to give away specifics of how she thwarted her potential attackers by sharing information about the layout in the capital AND she didn’t want to give insurrectionists information or ideas that could further their attacks on Congress. DUH!

Gawd you’re so stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 30January 16, 2021 1:03 PM

Oh r30, give the OP a break.

Perhaps he is spectacularly well hung.

by Anonymousreply 31January 16, 2021 1:16 PM

Oh brother, R27. Do us all a favour and stop thinking you have any insight into this. “Both sides are just as bad.” Are there good people on both sidee then? Been to Camp Auschwitz recently?

What cracks me up is before the attack on the capitol, it was “74M VOTERS ARE AGGRIEVED!!” (85 - 90M if you believe Trump) Now the same people are like, “....oh, but that? That was a few bad actors.” Uh huh. The Sedition Caucas is out of their minds.

And R27, if you listened to Biden’s address yesterday - what part of Biden is EQUALLY AS BAD as Trump. Huh? Aside from all of his other monumental failings. Trump has demonstrated a complete dereliction of duty since he took office which has the Bly gotten worse in the last 18 months and completely off the charts during the last 5 months. He has done NOTHING. Guess what? The U.S. DOESN’T run itself. This is what “small government” looks like - 390,000 Americans dead with another 100,000 predicted to die in the next 3 - 4 weeks. Trump’s DIY vaccination rollout is a complete failure to NO ONE’S SURPRISE so that ensures even more dead Americans. Economy is in the shitter - $16TR lost during the pandemic and counting. You think Trump ever had a plan for that? His plan with Mnuchin was “prop up the stock market” which isn’t the economy, stupid.

So fuck off with your “both sides are equally bad” bullshit. If you haven’t noticed the one side rallying to save our democracy, you’re about to see a whole lot of GOOD come from a real leader like President Biden, who has a TON of work to do, taking over from a terrible Republican President again, as usual. How could he possible do ANY worse than Trump? Huh? Spare us your ignorance, please.

There is room in the party and within the government for a voice like AOC. No need to be terrified. She won’t always win but she should be heard - her and Samders and Warren should impact legislation. That is the whole point. Not to just play to the middle to please idiots like you. It’s called GOOD GOVERNANCE. She actually represents a lot of people, in her district and beyond. Must be nice to have your life where you’re suffering is so minimal to non-existent that you can say such stupid things and feel relevant and insightful, without any apparent thought for people without opportunity, worse off than yourself. That’s their fault, I guess, right? They’re not worthy of your concern. Fuck. Off.

by Anonymousreply 32January 16, 2021 1:23 PM

2022 is not too far off and AOC and her big MOUTH and EGO will do irreparable harm to Biden and his moderate agenda. I honestly believe she will be one of the biggest reasons the Dems possibly lose the House majority. Many Americans of both political parties are turned off by her and the right wing knows how to tap into that.....many fewer think she is great.

by Anonymousreply 33January 16, 2021 1:47 PM

IT's funny Tucker Carlson mocked her when he made up a story about liberals attacking his home and when the police came they saw zero signs of any attack.

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2021 2:00 PM

[quote]I guess I’m just dying to get specifics from her and Mikie Sherrill.

My understanding is that information is being provided to the authorities who are investigating this and what they are discussing with the public is what they are able to say. I don't understand why people following protocol is making people frustrated - although maybe it's because we've had 4 years of people not following protocol.

[quote]Dear lordie, what oh what will CNN and MSNBC broadcast about, once Trump is out of office?

The same thing they discussed before Trump: the news. Currently, the news is basically a circus.

You people complaining about AOC: she's a congresswoman in one district where she is very popular. She has the right to speak on behalf of her constituents. As for "Many Americans of both political parties are turned off by her" - goddamn, we just had an attempted insurrection in the nation's capital and people tried to kill the VP, the speaker of the house and other members of Congress, and you're irritated with an outspoken representative who speaks for her district.

"Good lordie," indeed!

by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2021 2:04 PM

r25 - "I vote Democratic (can't register by party in my state), *but*..."

by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2021 2:23 PM

Sure R33, President Biden and the Democratic majority in Congress are working their asses off trying to literally save the country AND restore our reputation abroad but the 2022 midterms are going to be ALL about AOC. Sure. Because these Trump times we’ve been living in have been SO good, Americans won’t notice the contrast at all - pandemic under control, unemployment down, economy booming, etc. Sure. They’re really going to miss the indifference of a GOP Congress, even though the Democrats just WON both Senate seats in GEORGIA.

I’ll tell you one thing - TROLLING is going to get a lot more challenging. So don’t give up your day job on Chaturbate.

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2021 2:27 PM

I can't imagine many things that would be as traumatic to go through, r29. It was compelling, yet you thought Rachel should have reined her in from "going in circles". You're either a troll or a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2021 2:31 PM

"Many fewer", r33??? You trolls have just stopped trying, haven't you?

by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2021 2:36 PM

Ok....this is my first time being attacked by a consensus of people here, and it’s not fun. I feel like I’m back in Jr. High.

I’m not an AOC hater and I’m sure not a Rachel hater. I apologize for “trolling”, as it was not my intent. Again, my posting history bears that out.

I’ll go sit in the corner now.

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2021 3:13 PM

R40 is OP

by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2021 3:13 PM

r40- Sorry OP. You felt like your opinion was strong enough to start a thread but offered no facts to support it. Maybe it was early, maybe you were just high and not thinking but your opinion sounds like criticizing the outfits at the Battle of Gettysburg or something.

The interview disappointed you. Who the fuck cares? Maddow should retire because she didn't meet your expectations? Get out of the corner and die in a grease fire.

AOC's life was threatened by HER COWORKERS. Where do you think Maddow falls on the MAGA's kill list? RIght above or below Joy Reid, I imagine. We' re in the middle of a coup, it's not over, and you're attacking your own side. If you're going to indulge in pointless bitchery at least TRY to be clever. For example, Vacuous little totalitarian moron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2021 3:29 PM

R40, while you’re over there in the corner ...

*unzips*

Seriously, though, everyone here is entitled to their opinions. If not, we’re just slapping each other on the backs and coming up with different ways to say the same thing. That’s ridiculous and is not a discussion or message board.

by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2021 3:30 PM

[quote]like criticizing the outfits at the Battle of Gettysburg or something.

Well, we ARE gay. Criticizing outfits is in our DNA.

by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2021 3:32 PM

I don't trust any investigation by a government that Trump has presided over for 4 years. Why does even the liberal media call it failings in security? It was done INTENTIONALLY. ALL the repugs who voted not to impeach Trump are traitors. Why are people calling them seditionists? I bet most Trumpers don't even know what the word means. Can you imagine If Obama had incited such an insurrection the repugs would be insane calling for vengeance. I certainly understand her not trusting her own 'colleagues' whose own constituents and they would very happy to her her dead. This is the sickest period in our country since the civil war and a man like Lincoln had no problem literally slashing and burning all traitors. In fact the post war period of not taking any more vengeance out on the south lead to the Jim Crow laws.

by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2021 3:33 PM

Granted, r43, but I'm still going to call out puerility when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2021 3:34 PM

I’m just joshing and having some fun, r46.

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2021 3:38 PM

And playing with your penis r47.

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2021 3:59 PM

I didn’t realize you could see that. I’ll step away from my window.

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2021 4:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!