Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

911 on Fox

Rob Lowe is a fireman. Jennifer Love Hewitt has a small role as a 911 dispatcher. 😆

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2021 6:18 PM

Those are two different shows. Or are you just testing us? JLH is on 911 which is set in Los Angeles. Rob Lowe is on 911 Lone Star which is set in Texas. And yes the shows are on Fox. Did I pass?

by Anonymousreply 1January 16, 2021 1:02 AM

Anyone else watch either one of these series? I enjoy them. Easy watching with some thrilling moments, a few laughs and emotional moments. I cried during the first episode post covid when the woman who had been in quarantine for 6 months after he husband died of covid. She went out on his bike for the first time and then was caught in a flood.

JLH is ok. Her brother Buck is cute but looks weird this season. I love Angela Bassett.

On Lonestar there have been some really outrageous moments. I like Rob Lowe and his gay son.

by Anonymousreply 2February 16, 2021 1:15 AM

I love #tarlos

by Anonymousreply 3February 16, 2021 1:17 AM

Terrible show

by Anonymousreply 4February 16, 2021 1:41 AM

My husband & I watch them. They're not always the best, like tonight's 911 ep, the dialogue between the firefighter and the guy trapped in the fire was atrocious. The victim had a terrible middle eastern accent and would say things like, "It looks like we might both be in trouble now..." while the camera pans across the flames. Just really cringey. Lone Star was good tonight.

by Anonymousreply 5February 16, 2021 3:18 AM

I can't imagine being so bored i would watch those shows. It would be like watching "Emergency!" as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 6February 16, 2021 3:20 AM

I watch both. Both series are fun if not completely unrealistic and over the top. Angela Bassett is always fun to watchZ.

by Anonymousreply 7February 16, 2021 4:14 AM

As a native Texan, I had to give up after the first show depicted Austin – one of the most liberal cities in America – as some sort of MAGAt playground where "city slickers" needed to come in and introduce the AFD to newfangled marvels like espresso & POC, before everyone goes out for two-stepping. (Never mind that the first movie to put Austin on the map 30 years ago – "Slacker," Rick Linklater's first film – had a lengthy scene filmed at one. Or that Austin's actual fire department has been heavily Black & Latino for 20+ years. Or that no one under the age of 70 two-steps within 150 miles of it.)

I heard this year's premiere included a VOLCANO FFS. Yeah, those happen all the time! Last one in Texas was around 70 million BC, so sure, totes believable.

Also, it's a bit difficult to get excited about stuff like #tarlos when there's REALISTIC gay romance going on all over the place outside of network constraints. To state the obvious, you'll never see TK take it up the ass there!

by Anonymousreply 8February 16, 2021 4:22 AM

Lone Star has a diverse cast. A Muslim woman, African American, Latinx, gay firefighter with a gay police officer, an inter-racial couple. That’s hardly MAGAt territory.

by Anonymousreply 9February 16, 2021 5:42 AM

Rob Lowe is retirement age for a firefighter. The fact that he’s playing one immediately makes this show sound unrealistic.

by Anonymousreply 10February 16, 2021 5:52 AM

So was Gabrielle Carteris but you still watched 90210.

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2021 12:25 AM

Both shows are fun.

911 has Oliver Stark and Ryan Guzman as BFFs who are sometimes mistaken as a gay couple.

And Lone Star has Rafael L. Silva and Ronen Rubinstein playing an actual gay couple.

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2021 12:33 AM

Pure cheeze.

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2021 12:45 AM

It seems that some fans are starting to get impatient with show still continuing to bait Buck and Eddie at this point.

by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2021 2:48 AM

As awful as these two shows are, my husband and I are bummed they're on a mid-season hiatus. What happens with Lisa Edelstein's geriatric pregnancy? 🤢

by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2021 3:27 AM

r15. isn't her character gone from the show?

Spoiler: Owen and Gwyneth found out (through a DNA test) that the baby isn't Owen's, but her ex-boyfriend's. Gwyneth decided to go back to the ex-boyfriend even though Owen was willing to make it work, but she moved back to the East Coast anyway dashing T.K.'s dream of his parents getting back together for good.

by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2021 4:04 AM

[quote] 911 has Oliver Stark and Ryan Guzman as BFFs who are sometimes mistaken as a gay couple.

The actors don’t get along so I think we’ll see less and less of the bromance.

Peter Krause is hardly in it anymore, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2021 5:04 AM

I had no idea people watched shows like these anymore.

by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2021 1:31 PM

How does Rob Lowe still have a career?

by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2021 4:07 PM

Is Jennifer Love Hewitt really pregnant? It’s hard to tell.

by Anonymousreply 20April 20, 2021 1:24 AM

This idiot always sees ongoing threads and then will intentionally make a new thread on it. Always.

by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2021 1:28 AM

Rob Lowe is pushing 60. Who the fuck is still a firefighter at that age?

by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2021 1:36 AM

[quote]I had no idea people watched shows like these anymore.

Boomers. People my parents' age are the only audience for these shows.

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2021 1:39 AM

911 is Fox’ highest rated show in the 18-49 demo.

by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2021 1:43 AM

How many 18-49 years olds are watching Fox? 15?

by Anonymousreply 25April 20, 2021 1:44 AM

R23 it’s a hit with young people

by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2021 1:45 AM

The thing about network shows is that they're just so lame and dated. The archaic censorship standards make them unwatchable for most modern people, who are used to cable and streaming where people swear and fuck.

r26 only a small fraction of people in that age group are still watching network dramas. If 100 people are the total viewing audience and 40 of them are watching this show, then it's the "highest rated show." Meanwhile millions of other people are NOT watching it.

by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2021 1:46 AM

Yes, the "young people" just love watching network tv in 2021! And they love watching Rob Lowe, who means absolutely nothing to their generation.

by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2021 1:47 AM

Even more millions of people are NOT watching cable shows.

by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2021 1:48 AM

Omfg I swear I hate how out of touch old people are on here.

ITS AVAILABLE TO STREAM ON HULU THE NEXT DAY. The majority of 911’s viewers are young.

You really think Boomers are the ones watching this gay ass show? Lmaooooo

by Anonymousreply 30April 20, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote]How many 18-49 years olds are watching Fox?

More than watch ABC, CBS or NBC.

by Anonymousreply 31April 20, 2021 1:50 AM

The boomers LOVE the gays on 911!

by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2021 1:51 AM

911 is never going to win any awards, and the dialogue is as corny as Carol Channing's shit. But if you can turn your mind off, it's a fun way to waste an hour while you're doing something else. Not everything has to be Prestige TV.

by Anonymousreply 33April 20, 2021 1:54 AM

Oh please. Boomers watch CBS more than any network, followed by NBC and ABC. Fox has the biggest young audience besides CW, but CW really isn’t a major network.

by Anonymousreply 34April 20, 2021 1:55 AM

The "young people" aren't watching network shows in any great numbers anymore. It's not the 90s FFS.

by Anonymousreply 35April 20, 2021 1:57 AM

[quote]ITS AVAILABLE TO STREAM ON HULU THE NEXT DAY.

And "the young people" still aren't watching it. Network shows are too old fashioned and constrained by censorship.

by Anonymousreply 36April 20, 2021 1:58 AM

FOX has the largest young audience out of the 4 major Networks, followed by ABC, then NBC then CBS.

R35 as mentioned above, the show gets streamed on Hulu. That’s how they watch.

by Anonymousreply 37April 20, 2021 1:59 AM

They're not watching network shows on the internet in huge numbers either. I swear none of you know anyone under 50.

by Anonymousreply 38April 20, 2021 2:00 AM

QUIT SPEAKING FOR YOUNG PEOPLE. I’m 33, a hell of a lot closer to their age than you people. They watch Network tv shows via internet.

And yes, they do still watch some Network Tv. This past season of DWTS was up in ratings with their largest younger audience, thanks to Tyra.

SVU is popular with young people too.

by Anonymousreply 39April 20, 2021 2:01 AM

R38 thinks every young person only watches stuff that has sex and nudity. Maybe YOU DO, but we aren’t all twisted.

by Anonymousreply 40April 20, 2021 2:02 AM

You're an anomaly r39.

by Anonymousreply 41April 20, 2021 2:02 AM

So back to my question. Is JLH pregnant or just fat?

by Anonymousreply 42April 20, 2021 2:06 AM

R41 the numbers are online.

by Anonymousreply 43April 20, 2021 2:08 AM

And they're not that impressive given the population r43. Network tv is archaic.

by Anonymousreply 44April 20, 2021 2:15 AM

I don't give a shit what anyone says, these 911 shows entertain me, and that is all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 45April 20, 2021 2:22 AM

The 911 shows bring in some of the highest viewers on TV.

That old goon speaks about cable tv when this show brings in more viewers than most cable shows.

by Anonymousreply 46April 20, 2021 2:24 AM

Old Boomers r46. My parents and their friends watch network shows like this. They're Rob Lowe's fan base.

by Anonymousreply 47April 20, 2021 2:30 AM

So is Buddie dead?

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2021 8:46 AM

I watch for Angela. But I don't really watch watch. I actually have no idea what's going on other than there's a blackout in LA.

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2021 9:07 AM

Rockmond Dunbar is now off the show because he refused to get the vaccinated per the mandatory vaccine requirement although Rockmond Dunbar says he applied for medical and religious exemption but was denied.

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2021 6:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!