Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone here live near a prison? Do you every feel anxiety about it?

I guess this might only apply to certain types of facilities, but do any of you live near where they keep seriously dangerous offenders? How is it living there, and has anyone moved away because of it? Any stories?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2021 7:58 PM

You reminded me OP - when I was 6 or 7 my mother went out for the night and my older brother and I had a babysitter. While we were watching TV they made an announcement that there had been an escapee from the mental hospital. My brother and I were kind of freaked but the babysitter really went off the rails - thus increasing our anxiety.

I was sure he was going to break into our house and worried that the sitter would be completely useless . It fueled the adrenaline but alas, he was a no show and I think I was a bit disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 6:18 PM

I live pretty close to a jail (different from a prison). No, I don't feel any anxiety about it. I often see men on foot, walking down the street in the area. I assume they just got released. After a while, IMO, family members get sick and tired of these guys ending up in jail and won't even pick them up (in a car) any more.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 6:23 PM

Why would you feel anxious about it?

If they broke out, what do you think they’re going to do, stick around?

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 6:33 PM

Mama's mussy practically drools at the idea of hot cagemeat breaking out and taking refuge in her parlor. I may just hem my caftan a little higher in anticipation!

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 6:35 PM

We used to live in a very rural area growing up. Several times we returned home from a trip or just being gone for the day and our neighbors would be waiting for us to tell us a dangerous escaped prisoner was said to be in our area. (This was about 40 years ago— no voicemail yet.)

Now that I think about it, it’s weird. We didn’t live near any jails / prisons. I wonder if there were some families in our area that were known to have dangerous criminals in their families. Or maybe our neighbors were just drama queens.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 6:36 PM

Every day at lunchtime, I'd walk out to the prison's front gate, present hole, and wait to get rammed raw, be it prisoner or prison guard. Of course, I'd bring a nice plate of cookies, too, because what am I, a whore?

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 8:39 PM

Harlot!

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 8:50 PM

Are used to drive through an area that had a prison right off the interstate. There was a sign that said “do not pick up hitchhikers prison area”. Seeing that sign would freak me out a bit but I never heard much about people escaping.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2021 10:14 PM

R8 - funny, I had an Austrian friend who was hitchhiking here in Arizona and he was standing just a few feet after one of those signs thumbing for a ride without realizing it! He couldn't figure out why no one would pick him up. He laughed pretty hard when we drove by it again and he saw the sign.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2021 10:35 PM

That’s fucking hilarious, r9!

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2021 10:40 PM

I read recently about a town near a big prison being put under total lockdown after an escape and it made me wonder about living in a town like that.

by Anonymousreply 11January 16, 2021 5:45 PM

I stayed near Broadmoor Secure Hospital with work for a months a few years ago. It's England's foremost psychiatric secure hospital. Every Monday they would test the siren that would herald an escape patient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 16, 2021 6:12 PM

This thread reminds me of that Kate Winslet film Labor Day where Josh Brolin plays an escaped convict who makes a pie with her and fucks her.

by Anonymousreply 13January 16, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote] Every Monday they would test the siren that would herald an escape patient.

Jesus! Do they let visitors know that ahead of time?!

It’s like the train in [italic]My Cousin Vinny[/italic]!

by Anonymousreply 14January 16, 2021 6:32 PM

My grandfather was the warden of a state prison. We used to go to stay with him in the summer. His house was outside the wire but on the prison grounds, and he had trustees act as housekeeper, gardeners and other staff. When I was 17 I was visiting and one of the prisoners who was working in the kitchen was couple years older and very, very cute. And quietly flirtatious. Grandpa noticed and warned me that appearances could be deceiving. I went down to the kitchen early one morning and he was there, liked I hoped. I was gullible and ended up getting fucked on the counter before I knew what was happening. He was mean about it and called me a faggot. It was a confusing experience. Something must have been said or noticed because I never saw him again. I didn't dare ask about him.

Things are different now. The houses aren't used for residences any more.

by Anonymousreply 15January 16, 2021 7:07 PM

R13 Who knew making a pie was considered foreplay?

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2021 7:35 PM

I hope those mens don’t break out then head to my house and rape me!

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2021 7:51 PM

R5 I sometimes wonder if this is why rural people are so possessive of their guns. What makes them feel so threatened that they must have their guns and be paranoid that the government is going to confiscate them?

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2021 7:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!