Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fox News Ratings PLUMMET After Calling Election For Biden

Ratings are down after President Donald Trump urged follows to switch over to rival Newsmax,

The rival network has beaten Fox News in some head-to-head matchups since November, and CNN and MSNBC finished in the top two spots in daytime ratings for the first time since 2000.

What can Fox News do to reclaim its number one ranking

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2021 10:24 AM

Obviously, it needs to go back to telling fairy tales about the strong and brave and pure knight, Donny.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2021 6:03 PM

The bulk of Fox's audience are confused seniors who won't be able to find Newsmax. Consequently, Fox should switch to a progressive liberal point of view and try to knock MSNBC and CNN out.

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote] What can Fox News do to reclaim its number one ranking

Wither up and die forever!

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2021 6:40 PM

I thought Newsmax was just a website. Is it a network, too?

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2021 7:15 PM

[quote] Hasn’t had cable since W was in office

Woodrow?!

Exactly how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2021 7:29 PM

For those of you who have Comcast and a voice activated remote, say Pluto tv and Newsmax is one of the hundreds of channels one can access. I just watch the BBC Sky News and BBC Antiques Roadshow.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2021 7:39 PM

I don't even understand how things like conservative cable news and talk radio are even surviving at this point. Relics from a bygone era.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2021 7:53 PM

Commentary: Fox News helped create the Big Lie. Now, as ratings slide, it can’t escape it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2021 2:55 AM

pole dancing with kimberly guilfoyle

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2021 3:00 AM

[quote] I don't even understand how things like conservative cable news and talk radio are even surviving at this point. Relics from a bygone era.

Lots of old white people over 50 listen to or watch that shit.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2021 3:19 AM

As you can see, Republican viewers are fucking fascists who can't handle the truth and demand that reporters only tell them news they want to hear.

There is no reclaiming the Number One spot — Fox has lost credibility for plugging Trump and Bush for so many years; failing to report on their faults. Add the loss of honest people to the Deplorables revolting because Fox wouldn't support the Lyin' King's "Alternative Facts" and you have a no-win situation.

Fox has jumped the shark. Its Baby Boomer base is dying off and so is Rupert Murdoch. Lachlan wants to be less partisan as soon as his twisted father is dead.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2021 3:30 AM

That's the only way Fox could be Number One again: less partisan reporting of both parties' faults and all the Olds dying off.

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2021 3:31 AM

The fact is that the Fox News audience is fact averse. That was created by Fox News and now they have to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2021 9:58 AM

After the insurrection, I started watching "The Five" just to see what they've been saying. I'm so repulsed by the lack of...TRUTH and the truly charismatic-less hosts, I have it on in the background and have an aneurysm for an hour a day.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2021 10:12 AM

Fox News is going through a shake up and fired several reporters -- the real journalists who report facts, not the opinion makers. One would think they'd learn a lesson from the insurrection and change their ways but they're digging their heels. . They're going Alt-RIght to compete with Newsmax.

Social Media was bad but at least, they're moderating their content to be more factual. Fox News helped to bring about the divisions and now they're going to be worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2021 10:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!